PDA

View Full Version : Why did the x factor fail?

Grablot
01-13-2011, 02:50 PM
This has been botherin me for sometimes. IF you can remember the stable X factor I am sure all of you laughed at how bad they were. They had the most retarded theme music and never got popular but I have been thinking why?

If you brake it down on paper, it doesnt make sense. U have a bunch of grate wrestlers. X-Pac was an awesome wrestler with a lot of talent especially when he was the 123 kid. His only problem was that he was stuck in his DX gimmick and never evolved.

Next u have Justin Credible who was a stare in ECW and was very popular there as a hardcore type of wrestler. Lastly u have Albert who is a damn good wrestler for a big man. His big negative was that he had no character except being bald and big, he didnt even have the back hair gimmick back then cuz he was wearing a shirt.

So it seems strange to me that a stable with 3 obv talented guys had failed?

Was it really cause of their faggy theme music?

MoFo
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
They were assorted jobbers, X-Pac was awful, shitty gimmick, blah blah etc.

Rammsteinmad
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Probably has something to do with Credible being a stare. The only time a stare went over was against Hulk Hogans back.

http://www.realoakfloors.co.uk/media/1539_Stair_Cladding.jpg

Innovator
01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
You lost me at grate.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
They weren't really the Jersey Triad.

Loose Cannon
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
X-pac is not a leader.

Anybody Thrilla
01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Everything about that stable was awful, but I'm not really sure why it failed.

Razzamajazz
01-13-2011, 03:32 PM
their theme music

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjx2gxK_9Tg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjx2gxK_9Tg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jimmy Cones
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
I think they had a bad gimmick and they didn't get along believably (kinda looked thrown together). Resulted in them not getting over with the fans.

glanville6
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I was at Backlash 01, and if I recall correctly, they went over all 3 Dudley Boyz.

They should have been fed to the Dudleyz, but no. Because they suck.

And why do they suck?

Because X-Pac and Albert were in the group. No one cared about any of these guys. And then WWE even gave Albert the IC belt. That didn't last long. Because he sucks.

One guy no one cares about? Bad enough. 3 guys no one cares about? Awful.

Rollermacka
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
their theme music

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjx2gxK_9Tg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjx2gxK_9Tg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I actually liked their theme music. I'd say the main reason they broke up was because there was nothing really "spectacular" about the stable. The three of them were decient on thier own but no real purpose besides everybody hating X Pac.. It's basically the same answer to questions like, why did Los Boricuas or The Oddities fail (coincidentally my favorite thing about those two stables was also thier themes)

Anybody Thrilla
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I think they had a bad gimmick and they didn't get along believably (kinda looked thrown together). Resulted in them not getting over with the fans.

Yeah, they would have benefited from some actually televised storyline progression that would have made them stick together for a reason. Intead, it was more like 'well, we paid for this Uncle Kracker song, so what the fuck are we going to do with it?'.

Ruien
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I was at Backlash 01, and if I recall correctly, they went over all 3 Dudley Boyz.

They should have been fed to the Dudleyz, but no. Because they suck.

And why do they suck?

Because X-Pac and Albert were in the group. No one cared about any of these guys. And then WWE even gave Albert the IC belt. That didn't last long. Because he sucks.

One guy no one cares about? Bad enough. 3 guys no one cares about? Awful.

But, that WAS their gimmick. Being a bunch of wrestlers that no one gave any credit too.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
They weren't the Impact Players.

Rammsteinmad
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
What exactly was their 'gimmick' that people speak of?

Also, weren't they a neutral party when the Invasion began? Totally irrelavant but just a random thought I had.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
They were neutral until Justin Credible left X-Factor for ECW. Then Albert became the IC champion and X-Pac briefly feuded with WCW's Kidman before he disappeared until the nWo.

Then Lance Storm became the IC champion by beating Albert. That was awesome.

Emperor Smeat
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
If a stable is going to work, it needs at least one person the crowd would actually want to care about to either cheer or boo. X Factor was more about the crowd not even caring who they were rather than if the wrestlers were horrible or boring.

X-Pac was great in DX but he never was the leader and when he had time to shine, there was other wrestlers in the group who were as popular with the crowd. Credible would have gotten good crowd reactions in ECW but the WWF crowd didn't care for him as much while Albert was popular only when he was a team with Test.

thedamndest
01-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Lots of people are getting negative reps for derisive comments about A-Train.

thedamndest
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
The group would have been solid with only Justin Credible and Albert. We had Albert pretty much regulated to an enforcer role and X-Pac (angry heat) and Justin Credible (not over in WWE) doing all of the wrestling. Not saying Albert was extremely over at that point but a monster in the ring would have helped a lot.

Savio
01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
The stable had no direction.

Nicky Fives
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
X-Factor had no one to feud against..... that's why they failed..... they were just 2 heels and their muscle

Fox
01-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I heard it was done as both a favor and a proving element for Sean Waltman. Sean always said that he was the reason DX worked so well and that he could've been the leader of the group after HBK left instead of HHH.

So they gave him a "stable" to subdue his attitude and also to prove that he isn't a strong enough personality to carry a group.

DLVH84
01-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Out of all 3, Albert is doing very well. He finally found his niche as Giant Bernard.

dhellova guy
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Because you touch yourself at night

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGR48GaLtpE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGR48GaLtpE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Grablot
01-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Because you touch yourself at night

</EMBED>

I touch myself during the DAY.

Wooo!

:)

Theo Dious
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
X-Factor had very little identity and X-Pac basically was still dry-humping his nWo/DX persona. They were supposed to be all about being underestimated and underappreciated, but they never seemed to do anything about it. It was kind of like "we're sick of being undervalued. Now there are three of us."

X-Pac and Credible alone could have been a decent tag team as occasional replacements for any given part of the E&C/Dudleys/Hardys mix, but they might as well have hung Albert around their necks.

And as has been stated, worst theme ever.

YoungFlyFlashy
01-13-2011, 11:44 PM
There was always a reason why all three men were followers in their previous stables/teams, and X-Factor made all of that shine, which caused the fans to say "Oh yeah that's right"

Theo Dious
01-13-2011, 11:49 PM
They should have just called themselves the "second bannanas" and gotten it over with.

Theo Dious
01-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Shit, out of the 3 of them Credible was the only one to ever hit the top of a promotion, and even he's better known for wearing a jock strap on his head.

Kane Knight
01-14-2011, 02:23 AM
This has been botherin me for sometimes. IF you can remember the stable X factor I am sure all of you laughed at how bad they were. They had the most retarded theme music and never got popular but I have been thinking why?

If you brake it down on paper, it doesnt make sense. U have a bunch of grate wrestlers. X-Pac was an awesome wrestler with a lot of talent especially when he was the 123 kid. His only problem was that he was stuck in his DX gimmick and never evolved.

Next u have Justin Credible who was a stare in ECW and was very popular there as a hardcore type of wrestler. Lastly u have Albert who is a damn good wrestler for a big man. His big negative was that he had no character except being bald and big, he didnt even have the back hair gimmick back then cuz he was wearing a shirt.

So it seems strange to me that a stable with 3 obv talented guys had failed?

Was it really cause of their faggy theme music?

What is it about retards and green fonts?

Sixx
01-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Wow, that is some horrible theme music indeed.

RiX1024
01-14-2011, 06:57 AM
As everyone said naff theme music (I actually liked the Uncle Kracker/Kid Rock one, the other two were horrible), no direction, they were barely over, X-Pac was not leader material, Justin Credible wasn't over enough and had a gameshow theme as well, Albert was more of the muscle in the gang who got the IC belt in the end and a slight push.

Haze
01-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Sean always said that he was the reason DX worked so well and that he could've been the leader of the group after HBK left instead of HHH.

Damn, what ever Waltman was smoking when he made that statement...I want some!

Haze
01-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Also, I personally feel that the X-Factor theme was great...

It was the perfect cue for a piss break.

Volare
01-14-2011, 08:57 AM
their theme music

FULL VERSION - Original
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW91vTwFvRQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW91vTwFvRQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Damn, what ever Waltman was smoking when he made that statement...I want some!

Chyna's pole. You really don't.

XCaliber
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
To be honext I liked their theme once it got past the intro part which to me back in the day sounded like a boy band lol anywho I think it was just a combination issue if X-Pac had been leading two hosses instead say Test instead of Justin or have say Helms instead of Albert it probly would have worked out better the team seemed a little too random I guess.

Haze
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Chyna's pole. You really don't.

Good point.

Ultra Mantis
01-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Did X-Factor even feud with anyone? All I remember about them is that they had terrible theme music and never seemed to win.

Seth82
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I was one of the few who actually liked these guys as a faction

Theo Dious
01-14-2011, 11:19 PM
...if X-Pac had been leading two hosses instead say Test...

...you're saying that X-Pac should have led the team of Albert & Test...

...so you're basically saying that X-Pac should have replaced Trish Stratus...

:wtf:

Tom Guycott
01-15-2011, 08:51 AM
The stable had no direction.

This. And the fact that Grabby answered his own question with the "X-Pac not evolving" statement. That was one of his biggest problems. I remember once upon a time in these very forums on the age-old topic of "X-Pac heat" someone described Sean's entrance as "... the collective groans from the crowd as this jagbag crotch-chops his way to the ring." He was the same character. Hell, you see him NOW, he's the same character. If he tried less of the spazzy/cool guy thing he was stuck on since being introduced by HHH into D-X and progressed into a weasly mastermind, or changed his ring gear look up even a bit ever, or stopped doing the progressively lazy bronco buster, or cut his hair and dropped the bandanna, or stopped doing promos with that whiny scream, or...

Yeah, he wasn't serious enough of a character to be bought as a leader of anything, and as a whole, they were just a random stable with shitty music and no angles to speak of. Plus, the stable didn't change them. Aside from the X-Pac mini-rant, Albert was just kinda there, instead of becoming an uncaged monster or a brutal enforcer or something. Credible was just there instead of becoming more like his ECW persona, or something else completely. It's easy to pick apart Waltman, but the fact is none of them evolved in the least as stable mates.