PDA

View Full Version : TNA already has a large roster

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2011, 09:47 AM
But is there anyone you'd like to see the company hire?

Xero
01-15-2011, 10:17 AM
At this point, no. They not only have a large roster, but a very quality roster. I honestly believe they could hire no one else and succeed with the right writing.

Anyone else who is hired will just get lost in the mix of good talent doing jack shit. Concentrate on what they have, not what they don't.

ooTin
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree with Xero. TNA has a large roster with million dollar talent. The only issue they are experiencing at the moment is Vince Russo's stale writing. I believe TNA needs to take a step back and re-evaluate their story lines. Get some their under used stars back in the spot light. People like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Amazing Red. Yes I am aware that all 3 of these individuals are currently in a story line but in my opinion their stories suck. Every thing just seems stale. Like I have seen it before. TNA really needs to step up their game because I feel they are going down the shitter and there is not much water left in the bowl.

Gass
01-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I can deal with the stale writing. Their production sucks.

Grablot
01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Will never happen but I want to see The A-Train/Giant Bernard come in and absolutely wreck all the main eventers and have a monster run with the title.

ooTin
01-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I can deal with the stale writing. Their production sucks.

The production is adequate. I can deal with the "hidden cameras." I am sick of seeing MCMG vs. Beer Money, Gen Me, Ink Inc. I am just tired off seeing the same match over and over again. Its stale. The Jeff Hardy trying to be the anti-christ is probably the lamest wrestling story line I have ever watched. The whole Imortal storyline with Hogan, Bishoff, and Flair is old, literally. Matt Morgan is a terrible face and need to go heel. Mr. Anderson needs more actual wrestling time and not this "concussion" angle they are going with. Because of his "concussion" his matches are sub par. They need to bring back the 6 sided ring and incorporate more of the X-Division.

Nicky Fives
01-15-2011, 11:07 AM
They already have too many people on the roster....... they either need a second show, or have a major purging of the roster......

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I would not mind seeing a purging. I appreciate what they are trying to do, but Team 3D could very easily be moved into more backstage roles. Instead of bringing back dinosaurs like Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash, bring in guys like Paul Birchall to help the TNA X-Division, and remind people that it's not just a cruiserweight division.

ooTin
01-15-2011, 11:33 AM
I would not mind seeing a purging. I appreciate what they are trying to do, but Team 3D could very easily be moved into more backstage roles. Instead of bringing back dinosaurs like Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash, bring in guys like Paul Birchall to help the TNA X-Division, and remind people that it's not just a cruiserweight division.

Simply Perfect

MoFo
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing some of the ROH tag teams go there.

Rammsteinmad
01-15-2011, 01:17 PM
They should fire Hulk Hogan.

Or kill him.

MIZantine Empire
01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
At this point, no. They not only have a large roster, but a very quality roster. I honestly believe they could hire no one else and succeed with the right writing.

Anyone else who is hired will just get lost in the mix of good talent doing jack shit. Concentrate on what they have, not what they don't.
haha i love your avatar..i have been reading those comics non stop lately! they are funny shit

Joesgonnakillyou
01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
There don't need to hire anyone, the problem is not the roster.

We all know what the problem is.

Emperor Smeat
01-15-2011, 04:41 PM
TNA needs better pacing for their shows since they either cram too much which makes it harder to follow storylines or stuff that is going on or focus too much on skits and less on wrestling matches.

If TNA has to hire, then wouldn't mind if they got a tag team the same quality of MCMG and Beer Money since that has been TNA's best tag feud in a while. They already have enough X-Division wrestlers but need better focus on pushing those wrestlers to create some quality feuds.

weather vane
01-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Kenny Omega

Ultra Mantis
01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't wish TNA on anyone at this point. Well, except Heath Slater.

They don't need anybody new, unless you were upper midcard or higher in WWE or related to Jeff Hardy then there isn't much TNA is going to do with you. There are too many "big fish" in the small pond.

blake639raw
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
No. To be honest, they should just utilize what they have. If signing Hogan, Flair, Angle, Christian, The Dudleyz, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Sting, Scott Steiner, Bischoff, Kennedy, Hardy, RVD, ect,, hasn't improved ratings in over 5 years time, it's obvious the answer isn't a certain name, it's a booking team that isn't incompetent.

Now with that said, even though this is pretty much impossible, if they had a chance of signing somebody like Cena, Orton, HHH, or Taker, then yeah, they'd be dumb not to. But obviously, that's not happening.

Fox
01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has said. The problem isn't the roster or their stars, the problem is in creative.

That being said, there was a time (like 05-06) when the X-Division was red hot that I would've killed a cute animal to see the B-Boy of Pro Wrestling Jack Evans make his return to TNA. Yes, he's the definition of a spot monkey, but damn if he isn't extremely entertaining to watch.

Also, the loss of Austin Aries was a major blow in my mind and it's a damn shame he's not in one of the "big two" where he could get more exposure.

Ultra Mantis
01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Take the money they waste on "big names" in guarenteed contracts and use it to improve production, hire some competant writing staff and get the hell out of the Impact Zone.

Rollermacka
01-15-2011, 07:58 PM
TNA has a good roster, but I'd add some more tag teams. They have Okada and Kyoshi as a tag team on Xplosion, but they should add another talented team from NJPW. I read about TNA wanting El Zoro and Extreme Tiger, make them a team and one more team from Mexico and theyd be set.

FourFifty
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
They need to fire Beer Money so WWE can sign them.

tjmidnight420
01-15-2011, 09:20 PM
They shouldn't hire anyone, at least not yet. They need to fire Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, Russo, and anyone else remotely related with the current creative team. The names above alone would free up 80+ percent of their money. Then you hire one person: Paul Heyman. If the man wants absolute creative control over everything you give it to him. Nothing else has worked for TNA so I say go for it and hope for the best. What's the worst that could happen, the ratings drop?

KIRA
01-16-2011, 12:49 AM
They should fire Hulk Hogan.

Or kill him. life is still working on that but that leathery orange bastard just won't pick up when the lords trying to call him home

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2011, 01:15 AM
I'd trim a lot of the guys under current talent contracts. Make Team 3D and Tommy Dreamer agents. Release Taz and put Mick Foley on color commentary with Mike Tenay. Rob Terry, Magnus and Jesse Neal can go train for a little bit more, because I don't feel like they are quite ready. To be honest, while he does put himself through a lot of shit for the promotion, I think TNA could do without Abyss. They have enough guys to fill the void, and Abyss has worked in creative before. Move him back there. Move Jeff Jarrett to a backstage role. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff never need to be seen on TNA television again.

That frees up a bit of space right there. Sign Low Ki, Paul Birchall and maybe Kenny Omega for the X-Division. Bring in some tag teams. People mention the ROH teams, and they are the obvious choices. But they are chained to ROH at the moment. One I'd suggest, is bringing in Ken Doane & Johnny Jeter as a tag team. They have history together, and at one stage where two really quickly rising stars.

With Austin Aries out of ROH for the moment, I'd make another run at getting him on board. When it comes down to it, Austin Aries is one of the best all-round guys in the business today. He can work long matches, but they're never boring. There's this kinetic energy about him. Plus he has personality.

Paul Heyman in creative is something I'd like to see, and if they can get him, that might open the gates for guys like Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas to take a chance with the company down the line. While we're talking tag teams, I'd mark out for Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko in TNA working together.

Another two guys I would consider looking into are MVP and Carlito. More so Carlito, who is still quite young, can work, has personality, and would fit TNA in any position. He can play a face or a heel, he can fly and he can mat wrestle -- the guy is a perfect signing for them. The only thing working against him is that he is a "WWE guy." Ken Anderson, D'Angelo Dinero and Matt Morgan washed off that smell, though. Right now, there is hardly anyone in the X-Division. Carlito would be a perfect fit for that, and can add presence there. They could even bring him in and have him win the X-Division Title in his first appearance, and play off his history of doing that.

I'd consider Shane Helms, as I think he could work great in the X-Division, and bring some big company wisdom with him. I'd like to see him playing a version of his heel Gregory Helms character, though. Call him "Gregory Shane Helms" and make him this pretentious douchebag heel.

Cliche answer coming from me: But I wouldn't mind seeing Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway and The Basham Brothers brought in (again) as tag teams. I feel that they should really beef up that scene and run with it. The matches The Bashams could have with Generation Me and Motor City Machine Guns, playing off clashes in style, could be great television.

As far as ladies go, I'd like to see Sara Del Ray in TNA, but I doubt that will happen. They have a set of Tag Team Titles, but no real teams to challenge for them. Maybe Madison Eagles & Jessie McKay? Two Australian girls that might get enough buzz down here to help TNA's global expansion.

Oh, and Brock Lesnar. :shifty:

Fox
01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
What, Noid? No Val Venis?

Nightwing
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I dont wanna see anyone else in TNA right now. They need to trim the fat. So they should just fire Matt Hardy.

St. Jimmy
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4okqxG3S7s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4okqxG3S7s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Shisen Kopf
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
They need to fire Beer Money so WWE can sign them.

APA 2011

owenbrown
01-18-2011, 01:45 AM
hire someone to condemn the Impact Zone

Mr. Nerfect
01-18-2011, 08:52 AM
What, Noid? No Val Venis?

Sean Morley could have been done right, but his feud with Daniels went nowhere. It could have been amazing if Morley had said that he was here to prove that he's one of the best, and that he's not going to toe company line anymore. Or whatever. In a way that doesn't break kayfabe. Daniels comes out and calls him a joke, and that TNA doesn't need guys like him.

Morley wins the first match between the two (as did happen), but Daniels vows that the next time Morley won't be so lucky. Daniels wins the second match, and Morley offers Daniels his hand, and Daniels accepts. The rubber match is signed, and Morley cheats his ass off to win, and solidifies himself as a heel in TNA.

But it wasn't necessary. Not that bringing anyone else in is necessary, but Morley being done right isn't exactly going to "save" TNA.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-18-2011, 02:02 PM
If Heyman's ECW proved anything, it's that any talent can be used well. You just have to hide the negatives and promote the positives.

No 1 man can save a company. Hogan, Rock and Austin could have all been nothing if the booking wasn't right. Booking is everything.