PDA

View Full Version : Money in the Bank Contract Stips

Swiss Ultimate
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Going to preface this with the fact that I really enjoy the Money in the Bank gimmick. With that out of the way I would like to discuss the actual legal logistics of the MITB contract.

Now, in theory, a wrestler has to be okay'd by doctors to compete in any match. Does the MITB contract allow an exemption of medical readiness? Like, if the Champ breaks his leg in a match, will the MITB contract holder be able to cash in, lock on the figure four and become the new champ?

Also, does the MITB contract allow the holder to choose what type of match he competes in or is it just a standard 15 minute time limit, DQ match? (In which case, you'd better not cash it in on a heel or he'll DQ himself).

Anybody Thrilla
01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
You don't always have to be medically cleared. How about all those improptu matches that start with two people talking shit to one another in the ring? What about the gutsy faces who compete against doctor's orders?

Swiss Ultimate
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I feel like those are examples where the wrestlers choose not to take doctor's advice, and often those matches aren't "ranked". Non-sanctioned matches are great for feuds.

update: Also, I am completely cool with people wrestling against doctor's orders. I accept that "logic" and don't expect to see the WWE to turn into the UFC in kayfabe. Just like I accept when people assault each other and don't go to jail.

Poit
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
When MitB is cashed in, there doesn't appear to be any need for medical clearance, but the ref seems to wait for the champion to be able to stand up before starting the match. At least, that's what happened when Swagger cashed in on Jericho.

Haze
01-19-2011, 02:46 PM
When MitB is cashed in, there doesn't appear to be any need for medical clearance, but the ref seems to wait for the champion to be able to stand up before starting the match. At least, that's what happened when Swagger cashed in on Jericho.

The ref did the same thing when Miz tried to cash in on Sheamus. I believe the champion has to be conscience, but other than that he is fair game. Perfect example would be Miz/Randy, where Randy had what appeared to be an injured leg due to the attack he had received from Nexus.

Shadrick
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
When Punk cashed in on Edge, Edge wasn't standing IIRC

Jordan
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Your thinking way too much, its a gimmick in a gimmicked sport.

Nicky Fives
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
The DQ bit of what you said will probably happen..... It would be the best way for the first person not to successfully cash in MITB

Droford
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I would love to see

MITB Winner cashes in
Champion hits low blow for DQ 5 seconds later

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I think for kayfabe purposes anytime a wrestler is in a ring he has to be medical cleared especially when he's the World Champion.

Theo Dious
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I think for kayfabe purposes anytime a wrestler is in a ring he has to be medical cleared especially when he's the World Champion.

Yeah, I think the idea is that he was medically cleared to wrestle on that night.

My questions would be:

If an MITB caseholder attempted to cash in when the champion was not present, how would that play out?

Also, if a champion is killed during a match which is then declared a no-contest or DQ win, can the MITB caseholder cover the body for a win? :shifty:

thedamndest
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
You can get a copy of all the actual previous MitB contracts on wwe.com signed by the holder.