PDA

View Full Version : So if Barrett does face Undertaker at WrestleMania in the Main Event wouldn't it be awesome if

Lara Emily
01-27-2011, 02:29 AM
It went down like this?

At the Rumble Barrett dominates for a while eliminating say 5 or 6, then all of a sudden just when Barrett is going to Wasteland Cena out of the Rumble after Nexus guys and Corre Guys teamed up to beat him down the lights go out some spooky Taker shit happens (Lightening, blue lights, smoke, fire whatever who cares) when the lights come back on everyone in the ring is down on the mat unconscious except Cena who is standing fine and Barrett who is draped over the rope rope unconscious, Cena tosses Barrett easily and then maybe even one or two Nexus or Corre guys and the Rumble continues as normal.

For the next couple of weeks have UT do his usual paranormal spooky shit to try and unnerve Barrett but have Barrett be unflinched by it, have him talk about his higher purpose and basically say that Taker should have him instead of playing parlour tricks. Now At or after Elimination Chamber have Kane and Taker face off, Taker beats him (ends that feud so there isn't tow feuds going at once) but then after The Corre charge out and gangland him. Also leading up to Elimination Chamber tease a Nexus vs Corre fued at the same time, don't care how. Then at EC during the RAW EC title match, have it come down to CM Punk and John Cena, have Ezkiel Jackson come out rip open the cage door and beat the living crap out of both Cena and CM Punk and walk off, CM Punk would then crawl over cover Cena 1,2,3, New WWE Champ

At somepoint during all this I'd like to see Tarver join the Corre and while Barrett is busy with UT and Punk with Cena have Nexus and Corre talking shit about each other setting up an 8 man tag match at WM.

Next week on Smackdown have Barrett challenge UT to a match at WM, lights go out when they come back on Corre are unconscious, Barrett gets a chokeslam and tombstone then UT grabs I mic and says: "I Accept" and drops it on Barret's unconscious body. Now from here on to WM Barrett constantly puts over his higher purpose angle and talks about ending the streak and how it'll be a moment not just for him but all members of The Corre.

So it's WrestleMania time. First thing Nexus comes out for their 8 man tag match, The Corre music hits but no one comes out, we cut to backstage where you see all member of the Corre absolutely unconscious, a Nexus armband clearly visible on the ground next to them. So the match is ruled a No Contest. Later on in the show it's CM Punk vs John Cena in a street fight, Nexus runs out and tries to beat down Cena but Cena takes them all out, then out come The Corre sans Barrett, they face down CM Punk but Punk just smiles, then Corre takes out Cena, Cm Punk hits the GTS and retains.

Now it's time for Barrett vs Undertaker, have a very see saw match, with Taker getting the upper hand until a huge ref bumb, Taker then goes to Tombstone Barrett only for the lights to go out, when the lights come back on, Nexus and The Corre are in the ring, they proceed to beat the fucking shit out of Taker, it's literally 10 on 1, they all get in their finishers then exit the ring surrounding, Ref comes too just in tome for Barrett to hit Wasteland pinning UT like this

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6136/bigshowj.jpg

Nexus and Corre then file back in the ring CM Punk and Barrett shake hands and both stand one foot on top of Taker with Nexus and The Corre behind them kinda like that picture above, Nexus behind Punk and Corre behind Barrett show ends with them like that.

Aftermath of this is, Barrett reveals the higher purpose was to take over both shows and what better way to do that then gain control of the WWE title on Raw and take out Smackdown's biggest legend in Takeand break the streak. You'd have the announcer's show footage on both shows of Taker being taken out on a stretcher with a neckbrace and everything after WM went off the air, no smoke, no BS I'll be back lightening or whatever just a beaten human being on a stretcher. barrett goes on to win the World Heavyweight Championship soon after maybe even the first Smackdown after WM with help from Punk and I dunno the rest is history. Taker either retires here or comes back much later.

This would put over Barret, Punk, Nexus and The Corre huge. Anyway that's what I came up with lol, sorry for a very Noid like post :D

Favre4Ever
01-27-2011, 02:57 AM
I think you did a good job of fleshing out some of the obvious hot spots of the current feuds here. Nexus and The Corre will definitely feud at Wrestlemania, and if you believe the dirt sheets then Wade Barrett and The Undertaker is locked in. What's hard to determine is how Barrett/Taker will turn out, because Wade Barrett really gets over regardless for just being in the match.

The way I see it is either Punk costs Barrett his match with the Undertaker, or Barrett loses legit to the Undertaker and then later interferes in CM Punk's own match with John Cena, beginning a Punk/Barrett feud that could carry on into the summer.

Lara Emily
01-27-2011, 03:09 AM
The only problem with a Barrett vs Punk feud is that it's heel vs Heel, those don't work long term, and I don't think Barrett should be a face yet and Punk definitely shouldn't turn. That's why I proposed an alliance but keep them on separate shows, just have them interact from time to time.

I just really feel like Barrett is that rare guy that's come along who would absolutely benefit from taking out Taker at WM on a long term basis. I proposed the 10 on 1 assault because a) 10 guys kicking the crap out of Taker would be amazing to watch and b) It really would get huge heel heat for Barrett and c) Taker keeps a little bit of prestige cause he absolutely got fucked over.

Other option would be Barrett wins clean, UT offers to shake Barrett's hand, instead Nexus and Corre come out and 10 on 1 destroy him, then Barrett does the one foot pose and the show ends. Actually I think this is even better, Barrett gets a clean win and would then get even huger heat for basically not only beating Taker but then leading a 10 on 1 gangland destruction of Taker right after he offered your respect

Fignuts
01-27-2011, 03:57 AM
I would be pretty pissed if they built up to an 8 man tag between corre and nexus, and then get cheated out of seeing it.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-27-2011, 04:07 AM
http://bishopsbuildingservices.co.uk/psds/data/media/74/WadeBarrettHinton1_3.png

IT WAS ME <s>AUSTIN</s> TAKER!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!

Lara Emily
01-27-2011, 04:14 AM
I would be pretty pissed if they built up to an 8 man tag between corre and nexus, and then get cheated out of seeing it.

Yeah true enough it leads to something bigger though but ok another option is they have the match Corre wins, and Punk talks about it the next night as just another example of the sacrifice ideal he's taught his Nexus.

also just before the ME have Barrett do a promo where he talks about having no idea why The Corre helped Punk and that he's pissed and doesn't want The Corre accompanying him to the ring, that he'll beat Taker alone.

Oh yeah and at some point during all this they kick out Otunga from Nexus beat him down and throw him in a dumpster or something (really I don't care just get rid of him) and replace him with Skip Shefield or someone cool like that.

Lara Emily
01-27-2011, 04:31 AM
http://bishopsbuildingservices.co.uk/psds/data/media/74/WadeBarrettHinton1_3.png

IT WAS ME <s>AUSTIN</s> TAKER!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!

This picture is badass.

Rammsteinmad
01-27-2011, 04:38 AM
I like the idea of Barrett and Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and even though I doubt Barrett will win, the Corre and potential Nexus backup gives him that threat factor (though I'd love to see him win).

However, unless this is a title match I really don't want this to be the main event. Undertaker/Michaels was understandable, but seriously, if this is THE main event and it's not a title match, it pretty much says that the championship (ie. the face of the company) is nothing compared to the streak.

Plus, call me old-school but I'm always of the belief that the title match should go last whether it's WWE or World.

Lara Emily
01-27-2011, 05:00 AM
I like the idea of Barrett and Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and even though I doubt Barrett will win, the Corre and potential Nexus backup gives him that threat factor (though I'd love to see him win).

However, unless this is a title match I really don't want this to be the main event. Undertaker/Michaels was understandable, but seriously, if this is THE main event and it's not a title match, it pretty much says that the championship (ie. the face of the company) is nothing compared to the streak.

Plus, call me old-school but I'm always of the belief that the title match should go last whether it's WWE or World.

K simple solution to that, UT wins World Heavyweight title at Elimination chamber so it's now a title match. Punk wins RR, Cena wins WWE title at Elim Chamber and ya cut out my part about Big Zeke interfering, or Punks wins RR but wants in the Elim Chamber match (keep in mind it wouldn't make sense at the time but when the whole super alliance is revealed you'd realize he knew he couldn't lose) and things play out as above.

All that being said, if Barrett is to lose then yeah not ME but if Barrett is going to win fuck yeah ME, the streak is a bigger WM thing then the title tbh, if it's to be broken.

ireland
01-27-2011, 07:02 AM
While its an intresting scenario, just cant see UT being healthy enough to take part in Elimination Chamber,other than the spooky shit, and a chokeslam to whoever after a match. The reason more than likely that there going for the whole barret UT match is that they obviously have great faith in barret not to injure UT , but yet him a good match and still be beaten......its one thing to lose the streak to Michaels, HHH( which has been suggested) or Kane , losing it to barret would be a shit way for it to go.....and i do like barret by the way!

Favre4Ever
01-27-2011, 08:33 AM
I think you make a good point, Lara, when you say that Barrett is that "rare guy" who would benefit in a huge way if he ended the streak. When you really think about it and look at the last handful of Taker's opponents at WM, Randy Orton is really the last guy that could have legitimately used breaking the streak to hit the upper echelon. The rest were already established main eventers (except Sexual Chocolate) that gave WWE a chance to put on a high profile match and milk the streak some more.

Orton didn't win and he got there anyways. I think it will be pretty much the same song and dance for Wade Barrett.

JimmyMess
01-27-2011, 10:22 AM
That is a very cool scenario, I don't think it will play out like that simply because The Undertaker will not lose, ever.

I have this feeling that everyone on the internet can't take something that is going for a superstar... like the streak... it seems the majority want him to fail... and why?

ireland
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
i agree, when the streak has gone this long it should never be broken....

TheAdamEvansFan
01-27-2011, 10:50 AM
That is a very cool scenario, I don't think it will play out like that simply because The Undertaker will not lose, ever.

I have this feeling that everyone on the internet can't take something that is going for a superstar... like the streak... it seems the majority want him to fail... and why?

Because people on here are jealous of success.

It's just like when they are rooting for a wrestler but then the internet world turns on them.

Like Cena.

ireland
01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
The only reason people dislike cena is that he portrays himself as an all conquering superman.The likes of austin, rock, hitman etc werent like that so its easy for people to dslike him. It would have been intresting if cena was in attitude era, wasnt tied down with the whole pg shit.....people prob would like him more

The Naitch
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Good idea Lara. That would be perfect, but somehow I see WWE fucking things up, caving into either Taker or Triple H's demands, similar to when Vince would cave for HBK in 1997. I don't have complete (CM Punk_style "FAITH") in WWE creative. It's like trying to trust a former junkie in a room filled with drugs

Gass
01-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Here's a better scenario:

The streak is not broken.

St. Jimmy
01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
The Streak should end. If you think different you are a child.

Lara Emily
01-27-2011, 06:12 PM
The Streak should end. If you think different you are a child.

Exactly, it shouldn't end just for the sake of ending it but it shouldn't continue for the sake of it continuing either. Barrett is the perfect guy to do it. Absolutely perfect guy and it's the perfect time to boot

Onyx
01-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok, first of all let me just say this - I HATE the streak. I think it was awesome before it became a marketing gimmick. They did it for other wrestlers too, just off hand mention during, for example, a Survivor Series that the wrestler had never lost a match at Survivor Series, or hadn't lost a match at Survivor Series in 7 years, etc. But now that that the streak is billed like a world title by having the match "for the streak" it is ridiculous. It's like watching a Cena match - you already know who is going to win before it starts. Boring. Also, I really don't care if a specific wrestler has never lost a match at a specific event. Big deal. Undertaker has lost plenty of matches. He can be beaten. He's just gold at Mania, and yet they market it like Goldberg's undefeated streak back in WCW.

With that being said, I doubt Barrett will break the streak. I don't think anyone will break the streak for two reasons. 1) WWE corporate is paranoid. after building up the streak so much, they don't want to let someone break it and then risk having that person split and go to TNA, who could then brag how he beat the best that the WWE had to offer in their flagship PPV when no one else could. Not HBK. Not HHH. Not Orton. Nobody. Is TNA a threat to WWE? No. But that doesn't change the fact that it would be a huge slap in the face to the entire company. You can blame people like Jeff Hardy, who went to TNA shortly after WWE made him a World Champion. And blame it even more on Ric Flair, who lost a retirement match to HBK, received an unprecedented retirement celebration the next night on Raw, then came out of retirement and went to TNA, thus voiding everything the WWE did regarding the retirement. It felt like Ric just said "oh.....just kidding!" to the entire angle. 2) As JR said, no one will break the streak because once it is gone you cant get it back. You can get back a title, you can come out of retirement, but when it comes to streaks there are no take backs. Undertaker has been in the WWE longer than any wrestler up to this point, has been at the top since his debut, and has never left for another company. I believe the WWE will let him keep his streak as a reward for his loyalty to the company. Plus, even years after the Undertaker's retirement, they can still make mention of the streak when hyping WrestleMania, and even question if anyone else will ever be able to repeat the streak.

Personally, I would love to see the streak end. But if you end the streak, it should be for Taker's last match. It should be his grand finale, and how he goes out once and for all. And it should be in the match that has been Undertaker's gimmick match for his entire career - a casket match. But it won't happen. Undertaker will retire undefeated at WrestleMania.

XCaliber
01-28-2011, 12:48 AM
No offence but unless either of them are WHC going into WM this shouldn't even be the main event unless HBK is the guest referee or for the streak to be broken which shouldn't happen.

Lara Emily
01-28-2011, 01:20 AM
I said that, if UT is just going to beat Barrett then yeah not ME but if Barrett is going to end the streak (and he should he's the right guy to do it) then damn straight it should be the ME if only for the fact that the crowd reaction to every match that would come after it would be dead.

Jeritron
01-28-2011, 01:28 AM
A Taker streak match definitely goes last. If it has any intention of being broken, it simply has to close the show.
If it comes up and it's not the final match, people will know it's not ending and that kills the gimmick/suspense.

He's got two Mania matches left, I think, and they're probably Barrett and Cena, this year and next. They should probably both close. Although I don't think Barrett/Taker will this year. Who knows.

Jeritron
01-28-2011, 01:37 AM
The only thing about this scenario, is that I have trouble accepting Barrett as the keymaster over everything including Punk.
And I love Barrett. I think he's incredible and the future, but it's hard for me to see him taking precedent in Nexus.
I can buy him as an equal or co-leader, or pure rival to Punk.

I know you're plan suggests them co-existing or both holding world titles afterwards, but the reveal clearly positions Barrett as the #1.
I think the only way for it to work would be for Punk to get swerved and made to look like a pawn.

Unrelated Nexus/Core thought:
I'm not a big fan of Ezekiel Jackson randomly being in Core. It seems that it's based on the Nexus loyalists/originals, and I feel like they should be true to that. I'd much prefer Sheffield or whoever is available/healthy from the original lineup. Not sure.
I just think if they were going to add a completely new member it should have been a recruit a few weeks down the line.
New Nexus just feels a bit stronger in the way it's constructed, right now.

I look at how well Mason Ryan was inducted into Nexus, and how important they made it seem. Then Ezekiel Jackson looks thrown in there over on the other show

Lara Emily
01-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Punk would absolutely be his equal in this. That's why they'd both pose on foot on UT at the end of the show. Hell half of Barrett's gimmick is that his allies are equals to him, so yeah the higher purpose thing would be revealed as something he and Punk worked on together. The RAW EC would be the ME at EC, so Punk winning thew WWE title would be the last thing on that show. Ending UT's streak would be a Punk accomplishment to a bit. It'd be sick if they got 18-1 T-shirts!

Lara Emily
01-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Punk would very much be the leader of Nexus stiill, and post WM Nexus and Corre would only interact from time to time. The idea is they have an alliance of sorts to rule both brands, Punk is the king of Raw, Barrett and Corre the kings of SD, they'd team up from time to time, and generally help each other out, but it wouldn't be like Barrett is the leader of a massive stable that is always around him.

Now what could be badass is if Punk's ready for a face turn around Summerslam, have Barrett cause the Nexus to turn on him and hen reveal that he was in fact a Pawn (Ie he needed Punk to help him beat UT) and have Nexus and Corre merge , Punk and Barrett have a huge match at Summerslam (maybe even to unifty the titles if they want to go down that route)