PDA

View Full Version : Will he return at the Royal Rumble (possible spoilers)

Providence Peep
01-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Sources inside WWE say Friday that Triple H will return to WWE programming at the January 30th Royal Rumble. Those in-the-know report current plans call for Sheamus to successfully toss several participants in the Royal Rumble over the top rope and be left standing in the ring to see who the next entrant into the Royal Rumble is.

At that moment, Triple H's music will hit and the "King of Kings" will return to battle with "King Sheamus" one-on-one until the next entrant joins the match.

Unless such rumors prove to be false, expect WWE to push Triple H as the major comeback of the night - something WWE's creative team likes to do via the annual Royal Rumble platform.

At this time, it does not appear that Triple H will win the Royal Rumble. Sources inside WWE suggest John Cena remains a front runner for the honors.

This is from Examiner.com, a site I've never heard of. Do you guys think it'll happen? I haven't seen anyone here speculate on it yet.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
It's a bit of a Royal Rumble staple, basically I think it's made up, but has a high probability of being true.

Evil Vito
01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Pretty much exactly how I figured it would go down anyway. Either Sheamus eliminates a lot of people or he happens to be the only guy left standing with everyone else down.</font>

Xero
01-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah, what Big Vito said. He's definitely returning at the Rumble.

ooTin
01-29-2011, 12:19 PM
I have been predicting this since sheamus took HHH out like 6 months ago

MikeyMike
01-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Like most people, I would expect this to happen even if the report is false.

Eklipse
01-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Do I expect HHH to return at the Rumble? Absoluteley.
Do I want John Cena to win the Rumble? Hell no.
Who do I want to win the Rumble? John Morrison
Who do I expect to win the Rumble? John Cena...

Jura
01-29-2011, 01:03 PM
If Cena wins we riot.

Eklipse
01-29-2011, 01:20 PM
If Cena wins we riot.

Seriously though. Cena is at the point in his career where he can help mid-carders more by getting them semi-over (Wade Barrett) and helping them reach main-event status. Another Royal Rumble win and main event at 'Mania is not going to actually help Cena at all, while it could really help Morrison, Sheamus, Kingston, Swagger, etc.

Cena, HHH, and 'Taker are all in the same boat imo.

For 'Taker to put someone over, they don't even have to beat him, much less end "the streak." I've seen a lot of people on here that seem to think Wade Barrett should be the one to do so. While I wouldn't mind seeing them face of at 'Mania, I think it's WAY too early in Barrett's career for him to get such a huge win at the biggest event of the year. Possibly a win over 'Taker at Summerslam or another ppv, but definetley not WrestleMania.

Ruien
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
It is not always about helping other talent. The Mania main event is something Cena should be in. Sometimes it is about making money, just sometimes. :shifty:

Eklipse
01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
It is not always about helping other talent. The Mania main event is something Cena should be in. Sometimes it is about making money, just sometimes. :shifty:

Honestly though, who are they trying to attract by putting Cena in the main event?

Core wrestling fans are going to watch WrestleMania anyway, and 90% of core wrestling fans dislike the idea of Cena main-eventing yet another WrestleMania.

I just don't understand the logic. Cena is just as popular when he has the title opposed to without. WrestleMania is going to sell just as much, regardless of where Cena is on the card. So why should he be in another main event?

whiteyford
01-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Be really suprised if he doesnt return at the Rumble, i think hes been rumoured back since Bragging rights.

XCaliber
01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Not suprised in the least as this is what I was expecting all along.

VSG
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/cboedeker2/100_1291.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/cboedeker2/100_1292.jpg

And now, I am off! :|

thedamndest
01-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Honestly though, who are they trying to attract by putting Cena in the main event?

Core wrestling fans are going to watch WrestleMania anyway, and 90% of core wrestling fans dislike the idea of Cena main-eventing yet another WrestleMania.

I just don't understand the logic. Cena is just as popular when he has the title opposed to without. WrestleMania is going to sell just as much, regardless of where Cena is on the card. So why should he be in another main event?

Can you cite your source on 90% of core wrestling fans disliking the idea of Cena main eventing?

YoungFlyFlashy
01-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Booker T and Kevin Nash are both booked for tomorrow’s Royal Rumble as surprise entrants. Booker T had been rumored to appear since canceling his scheduled appearance at the New Orleans Comic Con this weekend.

As far as Kevin Nash goes, he had been negotiating with TNA as late as yesterday about a return, but is scheduled to fly into Boston later today. Nash admitted last week that he was in talks with TNA again and TNA sources confirmed those statements. TNA sources had also confirmed that they ended their discussions with Nash recently and Nash had finally been removed from the TNA website. The deal with WWE was finalized within the last 24-48 hours.

James Steele
01-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Fucking awesome. I am dropping $45.00 right now.

CSL
01-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Don't believe this for a second. Yeah, it could happen but that report and just about everything that guy writes is utter bollocks. He's like Ryan Clark, only 'working' for a non-wrestling specific site.

CSL
01-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Not to mention the 'article' is over 2 weeks old.

Loose Cannon
01-29-2011, 09:25 PM
just dawned on me that the Rumble is tomorrow night

FourFifty
01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I liked it when Dustin Runnels did the whole "he is coming back" gimmick.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DJmsOnUCZwM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2011, 08:52 AM
I still think Triple H's return could be just as impactful on an edition of RAW as at the Rumble. Let other guys shine there, and then he shows up on RAW and everyone loses their shit.

Providence Peep
01-31-2011, 12:17 AM
I still think Triple H's return could be just as impactful on an edition of RAW as at the Rumble. Let other guys shine there, and then he shows up on RAW and everyone loses their shit.

I made a "KING OF KINGS" sign to bring to Raw, thinking Trips would be returning at the Rumble. What a waste of time and effort.

VSG
01-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Well that still doesn't affect your sign, does it? Go ahead and carry it with you.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-31-2011, 12:25 AM
Doubt Triple H has retired still. Probably just thought that the Rumble return was overdone and come back some other time.

James Steele
01-31-2011, 01:24 AM
Triple H is wise far beyond his years and has an understanding and appreciation for what his fans desire.

thedamndest
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
A 90 second entrance is not adequate for the return of HHH. This man needs a full five minutes and then fifteen on the mic.

Londoner
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
So i guess HHH didn't return?

James Steele
01-31-2011, 01:50 AM
A 90 second entrance is not adequate for the return of HHH. This man needs a full five minutes and then fifteen on the mic.

5 minutes? Maybe for the pyro...

James Steele
01-31-2011, 01:51 AM
So i guess HHH didn't return?

I haven't started a thread about him returning yet have I? We have been fasting for 6 months at The Church of Triple H. The time for harvest is near...

Londoner
01-31-2011, 01:53 AM
I haven't started a thread about him returning yet have I?

That's what i was thinking. ;)

But yeah, its annoying me reading all these rumours about his return, just come back already. :mad:

Providence Peep
01-31-2011, 08:46 AM
That's what i was thinking. ;)

But yeah, its annoying me reading all these rumours about his return, just come back already. :mad:

Could it possibly happen tonight at RAW???

Kane Knight
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM

It'll take me that long to get my money back. :lol:

Dirk Ziggler
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Do I expect HHH to return at the Rumble? Absoluteley.
Do I want John Cena to win the Rumble? Hell no.
Who do I want to win the Rumble? John Morrison
Who do I expect to win the Rumble? John Cena...

thanks for clearing that all up