PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and Least Favorite Moments/Matches in WrestleMania history

Eklipse
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't know if a topic like this has been done allready, but I figured I would start one. With 'Mania just a couple months away, I think it's time we talk about our favorite and least favorite moments in WrestleMania.

My Favorite
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin beating Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship at WrestleMania 14. It was an awesome match, and the main-event for my overall favorite WrestleMania of all time. The match was back-and-forth between the two, the crowd was electric for the entirety, and Austin was on fire at the time. The ending was excellent. Tyson doing the 3 count with HBK's shoulders on the mat was a complete shock to me. Tyson knocking Michaels out after the match was sweet as well.

Least Favorite
Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg at WrestleMania XX.
Wow. This match was such an over-hyped piece of garbage. I remember watching it on PPV and yelling at the tv for them to do something. Was there even a ring general? For a match that had so much potential, it was very disappointing. The best, and only good part of that match was seeing Austin put Lesnar in the stunner. Then doing it to Goldberg. I had been waiting many years to see that. It just didn't need 5 minutes of bullshit beforehand.

What about you guys?

Rammsteinmad
01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
The main event of Wrestlemania 20 is my favourite wrestling moment of all time. The match, the outcome, the post-match celebration between Benoit and Guerrero. Never before and never again will there be such a perfect moment in professional wrestling.

Worst moment is a pretty tough one. The Lesnar/Goldberg match was bad, which was a shame coz the hype going into it was amazing, but I don't think I'd put that as the worst moment. Off the top of my head, since I'm too lazy to really think on this one, I'd probably go with all that Miller Lite Kat Fight Girls crap they had at Wrestlemania 19. Besides the fact I had no idea who they are, everything about the fight on the bed thing was retarded and a waste of time.

SOCCER LEGS
01-29-2011, 02:05 PM
The main event of Wrestlemania 20 is my favourite wrestling moment of all time. The match, the outcome, the post-match celebration between Benoit and Guerrero. Never before and never again will there be such a perfect moment in professional wrestling.

Worst moment is a pretty tough one. The Lesnar/Goldberg match was bad, which was a shame coz the hype going into it was amazing, but I don't think I'd put that as the worst moment. Off the top of my head, since I'm too lazy to really think on this one, I'd probably go with all that Miller Lite Kat Fight Girls crap they had at Wrestlemania 19. Besides the fact I had no idea who they are, everything about the fight on the bed thing was retarded and a waste of time.

yeah, two roided out retards hugging in the ring, one of which would go on to murder his own family, the other would die from all the steroids and cocaine he'd done. what a touching moment

Rammsteinmad
01-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Okay then I'll go with my second favourite moment: watching WM26 with your mum.

Eklipse
01-29-2011, 02:18 PM
yeah, two roided out retards hugging in the ring, one of which would go on to murder his own family, the other would die from all the steroids and cocaine he'd done. what a touching moment

That was a little uncalled for, eh?

GD
01-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I got emotional when Stone Cold Steve Austin drove his ATV down to the ring and had a beer bash with the fans and Jim Ross before the main event at Wrestlemania XXV.

My least favorite match would be The Boogeyman versus Booker-T & Sharmell.

Cuse8
01-29-2011, 03:06 PM
favorite- wm6 warrior/hogan which was the first wm i watched and still stands out in my mind as one of the all time best matches

least- brawl for all bart gunn v butterbean

Team Sheep
01-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Favourite moment: Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 21. Will always be my favourite match ever.

Least favourite: That's tough. Probably Triple H walking out with the title at Manias 2000 and 25. Was so pissed off both times.

XCaliber
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Favorite:

The Rock vs Stone Cold at WM19

Of their 3 matches this was by far the best one and it wasn't even for a World Championship and conisdering these two weren't even as active as they had been I thought it was an epic match.

Damian Rey
01-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Mania 20 had been the first Mania I had watched live since Mania 2000. And the main event in that match was amazing. The crowd was hot and into it, and the match was put together perfectly.

Least favorite match is Orton/HHH from Mania 25. The match wasn't terrible, but the hype surrounding the match and the weeks of build were amazing, but the payoff was extremely underwhelming.

The Show Off
01-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Favorite: Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XIX

Least Favorite: Terri/The Kat at Wrestlemania 2000

Loose Cannon
01-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Favorite: Warrior/Hogan will always be my fav match of all-time.

Least fav: dunno, there's been a lot of crap. maybe that sumo challenge @ 21

Seth82
01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Favorite:
Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage - WM 3
Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior - WM 6

Least Favorite:
Rick Rude vs Jimmy Snuka - WM 6
Jake Roberts vs Rick Martel in a blindfold match - WM 7

Favre4Ever
01-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Favorite was Angle/Michaels from WM 21. Benoit /Angle from WM 17 is a close second.

Barring any of the obvious shit ones like most of the women's matches, least favorite was probably one of the cluster fuck multi-man tag team title matches they had going for awhile. Tag Title match with Show/Miz vs. Morrison/R-Truth from last year's Wrestlemania was also pretty terrible.