PDA

View Full Version : The Rock has said to never wrestle again, how do you feel?

YoungFlyFlashy
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Former WWE talent Dwayne Johnson (a/k/a The Rock) has started a weekly feature on his official Facebook page where he’ll choose fans’ questions once per week to answer in depth.

When asked why he decided to leave WWE and if he’s ever coming back, he bluntly states that he will never wrestle again. He does, however, note that he will appear for WWE when the timing is right.

His complete response reads:

“…to “the Rock’s millions and millions”…who will forever be my family.. ..my honest and direct answer to you is this: I left the WWE because I had succeeded in accomplishing every goal I set to achieve. …I’ve never done this before, but I will now because I feel it’s important you know..let me share with you the goals I set for myself in the WWE so you can have a better understanding and perspective.. – become the youngest WWE World Champion – help set box office and attendance records in every arena in the country – help set PPV buy rate records ..the final two and my most important goals to achieve in wrestling: – become the most entertaining and electrifying performer the WWE had ever seen or will ever see again – take the brass ring of the WWE that Vince McMahon had faithfully allowed me to earn and take it places it had never gone before…to trailblaze…to break new ground…to achieve unprecedented greatness for not only for myself and the fans to enjoy…but for the business of professional wrestling itself and the WWE… A business and company that is in my blood and that I will love forever. …I achieved these goals in the WWE at 30 years old and decided then to HUMBLY and QUIETLY step away and retire. ..and set my sights on another goal…a childhood dream…Hollywood. ..will I ever come back to the WWE? of course I will..not a match though, but in a capacity that would allow me to do so much more.. I LOVE that company and the fans…without the two I would not be standing where I am today… Vince and myself stay very closely connected and when the opportunity is right – which will be alot sooner than you think – we will do something electrifying and historic for the fans…he and I were toying with the idea of a special show called “ROCK RAW”… sounds like a perfect title for me to come back and SLAP THE LIPS OFF THOSE JABRONIS and LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON AAAAALLLLL THEIR CANDY ASSES!!! sorry…got carried away..I’ll save that one of a kind electricity for Rock Raw.. …it is important to me to say this from my heart – to the incredibly loyal “..The Rock’s Millions and Millions…” and the entire WWE UNIVERSE…I am forever humbled and grateful to you for allowing me the HONOR to entertain you over the years…you have my word I will continue to entertain you in ways like no one else…it’s only just the beginning… I dream big…and we’ve achieved those dreams together because you never left my side..I love you for that and thank you… I am Dwayne Johnson…and I will also always be The Rock.”

Is it time to move on? Do we believe him?

thedamndest
01-31-2011, 08:42 PM
The Rock has been retired longer than his career. It was time to move on a long time ago.

BizarroKing
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
It's funny how people always expected him to go back to wrestling. He seems to be doing fine where he is.

YoungFlyFlashy
01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
It's funny how people always expected him to go back to wrestling. He seems to be doing fine where he is.

Yeah, I've always thought that The Rock always seemed happier once he left. After the ring he got himself in the best shape of life and just kept on moving forward. Looking back, I have always wondered if using the WWE as a stepping stone into Hollywood was his plan all along, and no not that it would be a bad plan to have.

Jura
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
He won't "wrestle" again, if he's being truthful but that doesn't mean he won't come back and maybe drop a People's Elbow or a Rock bottom on someone.

Every statement he's made about returning to WWE he mentions wanting to do something big and exciting and to me that means something beyond guest hosting but he seems to be really busy so I don't think it can be something much bigger than guest hosting.

JimmyMess
01-31-2011, 11:45 PM
I feel about the same as I did before I read the article.

Rocky has only given the same response a hundred times. I know he'll never wrestle again, but one day he'll host... he'll come in, Rock Bottom, People's Elbow, sing a song, whatever. Which is fine.

He'll go into the Hall of Fame, maybe do the same thing. And then that will be that. Which is fine.

dingdongyo
01-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Is it time to move on? Do we believe him?

yup.

XCaliber
01-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Still hoping that it's a work.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Why is this still news? He's gone jabronies. Know your role and shut your mouths about it already you roody poo candy asses!

You should have already moved on it's been seven damn years since his last match. He has been gone as many years as his WWE career if you don't count that one match at Wrestlemania XX.

Rammsteinmad
02-01-2011, 01:44 AM
I got over the Rock years ago. He was great in his time, but right now to be honest I couldn't care less. It's a nice treat when he makes surprise appearances, but I don't really care about seeing him wrestle again.

As thedamndest said it was time to move on years ago.

Fignuts
02-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Never expected him to so whatever.

Tom Guycott
02-01-2011, 02:42 AM
The Rock has said to never wrestle again, how do you feel?

"I'm super, thankss for asking!"

JimmyMess
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
"I'm super, thankss for asking!"

I believe its "I'm thuper thanks for asking"

Attitude99
02-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Noooo He Must Come Back and save the WWE

whiteyford
02-01-2011, 07:21 AM
He's in the same position as Brock, he doesnt need to but if he ever did that options always there. Never say never but i don't think anyone ever really thought it was realistic he'd be back.

Hanso Amore
02-01-2011, 08:45 AM
This is all part of a super long swerve to reform the corporation

Kane Knight
02-01-2011, 08:57 AM

But...his career sucks! He can't act! He sucks because he sold out! He owes the fans!

Hell hath no fury like a wrestletard scorned.

Team Sheep
02-01-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm sure he will "wrestle" a match at a Wrestlemania in about 20-30 years.

whiteyford
02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
This is all part of a super long swerve to reform the corporation

I'm sure he will "wrestle" a match at a Wrestlemania in about 20-30 years.

Now thats a slow methodical build up:shifty:

Nightwing
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
He hasnt wrestled in what, 7 years? He was awesome, but Im over it.

Innovator
02-01-2011, 01:10 PM
YOU GOT TO LET HIM GO SIR

CSL
02-01-2011, 01:10 PM
It doesn't matter (see what I did there) what he says, nobody can predict the future. He clearly has no intention of wrestling but his career might bomb tomorrow and down the line he may feel the need to wrestle again, be it for boredom, money or just something to do. Or a million other different scenarios. And that has been my take on it since pretty much the day he left. 'Never' means jack shit in pro wrestling. Just don't go holding your breath.

CSL
02-01-2011, 01:12 PM
YOU GOT TO LET HIM GO SIR

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pqpmm2T6j4g/SIRlrkuZzsI/AAAAAAAADrs/dAkawo1pNYQ/s400/goose+death.jpg

:'(

El Fangel
02-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Its still real to me dammit.

Jura
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLL......

Jura
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
What The Rock

Jura
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
is cookin'

bigslimjj
02-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Eh...Don't give two shits about Dwayne.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Overall pretty good. Pretty sleepy, long day of work tomorrow. Weekend soon though. Thanks for asking.

Sixx
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pqpmm2T6j4g/SIRlrkuZzsI/AAAAAAAADrs/dAkawo1pNYQ/s400/goose+death.jpg

:'(

Hey, that guy from E.R. used to have hair.

St. Jimmy
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
The Rock has been retired longer than his career. It was time to move on a long time ago.

:love::heart::love:

Mooияakeя™
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Feel fine. His legacy will always be back in the Attitude era and throwing belts off bridges.

<font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#999999"><br/><a href="http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/53606274" style="font: Verdana"><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=53606274,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=53606274,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.myspace.com/758298" style="font: Verdana"></font>

El Fangel
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
^ I miss things like that. :(

Mooияakeя™
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah.

lol @ the Rock's total trash talking when Austin arrives

Jura
02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
lol Using the fishing rod as a weapon.

Providence Peep
02-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Former WWE talent Dwayne Johnson has started a weekly feature on his official Facebook page where he’ll choose fans’ questions once per week to answer in depth.

When asked why he decided to leave WWE and if he’s ever coming back, he bluntly states that he will never wrestle again. He does, however, note that he will appear for WWE when the timing is right.

His complete response reads:

“…to “the Rock’s millions and millions”…who will forever be my family.. ..my honest and direct answer to you is this: I left the WWE because I had succeeded in accomplishing every goal I set to achieve. …I’ve never done this before, but I will now because I feel it’s important you know..let me share with you the goals I set for myself in the WWE so you can have a better understanding and perspective.. – become the youngest WWE World Champion – help set box office and attendance records in every arena in the country – help set PPV buy rate records ..the final two and my most important goals to achieve in wrestling: – become the most entertaining and electrifying performer the WWE had ever seen or will ever see again – take the brass ring of the WWE that Vince McMahon had faithfully allowed me to earn and take it places it had never gone before…to trailblaze…to break new ground…to achieve unprecedented greatness for not only for myself and the fans to enjoy…but for the business of professional wrestling itself and the WWE… A business and company that is in my blood and that I will love forever. …I achieved these goals in the WWE at 30 years old and decided then to HUMBLY and QUIETLY step away and retire. ..and set my sights on another goal…a childhood dream…Hollywood. ..will I ever come back to the WWE? of course I will..not a match though, but in a capacity that would allow me to do so much more.. I LOVE that company and the fans…without the two I would not be standing where I am today… Vince and myself stay very closely connected and when the opportunity is right – which will be alot sooner than you think – we will do something electrifying and historic for the fans…he and I were toying with the idea of a special show called “ROCK RAW”… sounds like a perfect title for me to come back and SLAP THE LIPS OFF THOSE JABRONIS and LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON AAAAALLLLL THEIR CANDY ASSES!!! sorry…got carried away..I’ll save that one of a kind electricity for Rock Raw.. …it is important to me to say this from my heart – to the incredibly loyal “..The Rock’s Millions and Millions…” and the entire WWE UNIVERSE…I am forever humbled and grateful to you for allowing me the HONOR to entertain you over the years…you have my word I will continue to entertain you in ways like no one else…it’s only just the beginning… I dream big…and we’ve achieved those dreams together because you never left my side..I love you for that and thank you… I am Dwayne Johnson…and I will also always be The Rock.”

So, would you guys welcome his return to the WWE or would you rather see new, younger guys in the spotlight?

YoungFlyFlashy
02-06-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3414635#post3414635

Droford
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Hes clearly going to be the Annoymous RAW GM..

djoutcry
02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Hes clearly going to be the Annoymous RAW GM..

Sigh...

Disco Apocalypse
02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
It's all a work. It'll be Sting vs. Rock at Wrestlemania.

Wait, I'm just kidding.

It'll be Sting vs. Rock vs. Jesus at Wrestlemania.

Seriously, Rock, apart from a non-wrestling cameo, is gone and has been for a long time. Feeling sad about this is like continuing to feel sad about losing your blanky from your childhood.

MoFo
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I dont want to see him wrestle anyone on the current roster anyway....

Aside from Cena there arent any 'dream matches' to return to, even if he wanted to. So on that note, yeah, Im glad he isnt coming back.

The only match I really wanted to see was him v HBK.

XL
02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, Rock v Orton writes itself. Although it would have been much better during his "Legend Killer" gimmick.

However, I was never that taken with Rock back in the day anyways so I'm really not bothered.

XL
02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
MERGE GOD DAMMIT!

Haze
02-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I feel like I have seen this thread before...:shifty:

Grablot
02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
I no longer care about the rock.

He was the great during attitude, but he did all he can do in this business and since he doesnt want to wrestle and doesnt like wrestling anymore then its more power for him.

I dont want him back just to do us a "favor". He moved on and I moved on too. There are big stars out today so we dont need any dusty relics from WWF Attitude wobbling around again.

Fox
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I think what he says is pretty cocky, but it's also true. No one since The Rock has ever come in and done what he's done, both on the mic and in the ring. John Cena would probably kill his own mother to get the kind of responses that The Rock got; Orton would punt his father in his fat face to have an ounce of the charisma that Rock had in spades. Punk is a great promo guy, but he's more of an intellectual speaker while Rock simply thrilled the audience with his quick wit and snappy lines.

It's been 7 years since The Rock left, and he's still the greatest sports-entertainer in the history of the WWE. No one has come close.

Maybe when someone else steps up and tears up the mic and the ring the way that The Rock did, gets the ratings going and entertains the fans BETTER than Rock used to do, Dwayne Johnson will get a bit of a spark to come back to the ring for a match or two to prove that he's still the best in the industry.

I find it interesting that he doesn't find any of the new guys like Cena or Orton worthy of a one-off match at Mania or something. It's like they're not even on his level, and it's completely true. If Rock came back to RAW for just one night, he would show the new guys just how amazing and easy it is for him to take the crowd in the palm of his hand and electrify like no one else can. It would almost be embarassing.

Mjdiesel
02-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Apples and oranges, but I kind of liken the authenticity of the Rock saying he'd never wrestle again on Cheech Marin. Once he saw he could make boat loads of cash reappearing with his original bread and butter (blazing on/off screen with Tommy Chong), he all of a sudden dropped his 'I'm a serious actor now' motif and stifled broadening his horizons.

The Tooth Fairy was a devastating blow to Rock's box office credibility, mostly because the concept was god awful. But it still made him, the lead, look bad.

What im saying is NEVER say never. It wasn't that long ago that The Great One teamed up with Mick Foley in a Rock N Sock Connection reunion of sorts at Wrestlemania. While we shouldn't expect him back on the roster anytime soon, I'm sure if the money was right he'd be doing appearances aplenty.

dingdongyo
02-11-2011, 12:43 AM
What im saying is NEVER say never.... I'm sure if the money was right he'd be doing appearances aplenty.
ok.
but the pay rate will ALWAYS be better making garbage hollywood movies.

Mjdiesel
02-11-2011, 05:40 AM
ok.
but the pay rate will ALWAYS be better making garbage hollywood movies.

No doubt about it. Didn't even think of that!

Disco Apocalypse
02-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Well, Rock v Orton writes itself. Although it would have been much better during his "Legend Killer" gimmick.

However, I was never that taken with Rock back in the day anyways so I'm really not bothered.

Everything Orton does would have been better with the Legend Killer gimmick...

Viper :n:

You'd hope that Rock could sell a rKo better than Hogan did... sigh.

Jura
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW BITCHES??

GoneFishing
02-15-2011, 02:05 AM
I feel like someone stole my lollipop then gave me a basket full of lollipops in return.

Tazz Dan
02-15-2011, 06:06 AM
:lol: at this thread. The same people calling out people for hoping he'd come back are the same people marking out like bitches in the Raw thread.

Juan
02-15-2011, 06:12 AM
The Rock's return was awesome, but I'm over it :roll:

Swiss Ultimate
02-15-2011, 06:14 AM
I watched it after I found out. Wasn't feeling it til I saw it though. One of the best promos ever.

I only see two outcomes now: Rock VS. Cena or Rock in Cena's corner.

Londoner
02-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Gotta say i love all the cynical bastards here on this forum/thread. Seriously. :D

Innovator
02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
GOOSE RETURNED FROM THE DEAD!