PDA

View Full Version : So TNA is done now, right?

Grablot
02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Sting, Nash, Booker, all gone to the WWE.

Who do they have now?

Angle? Broken down and will probably head back to the WWE too.
Jeff Jarrett? Orlando Jordan?
Oh right, they have MATT MORGAN.

Matt Morgan.

Yeah, that'll show the WWE whose boss.

I cant see TNA staying afloat after this unless Bischoff/Hogan and Dixie are dumb enough to continue throwing money down the drain when there company is pretty much neutered by the WWE and by their own mistakes when they took old crap like Hogan in.

The only bad thing is that AJ Styles will probably never go to the WWE and if he does, he would be a jobber. Styles is one of the only reasons to watch TNA imo.

blake639raw
02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Logic would tell you that you think they would start pushing their own guys into more permanent spots. However, they'll probably just start signing MVP, Carlito, and whatever scraps the WWE has thrown away the past year and push them to the moon.

BizarroKing
02-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Logic would tell you that you think they would start pushing their own guys into more permanent spots. However, they'll probably just start signing MVP, Carlito, and whatever scraps the WWE has thrown away the past year and push them to the moon.

Which to be fair, they are more than decent wrestlers and all but yea it would show TNA would be a knock off of the E.

GD
02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rrD2U2GJDnU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

MoFo
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
They have MCMG & Velvet Sky brah.

Who watched TNA for Booker T or Sting anyway.

Rollermacka
02-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Sting, Nash, Booker, all gone to the WWE.

Who do they have now?

Angle? Broken down and will probably head back to the WWE too.
Jeff Jarrett? Orlando Jordan?
Oh right, they have MATT MORGAN.

Matt Morgan.

Yeah, that'll show the WWE whose boss.

I cant see TNA staying afloat after this unless Bischoff/Hogan and Dixie are dumb enough to continue throwing money down the drain when there company is pretty much neutered by the WWE and by their own mistakes when they took old crap like Hogan in.

The only bad thing is that AJ Styles will probably never go to the WWE and if he does, he would be a jobber. Styles is one of the only reasons to watch TNA imo.

You make it sound like TNA letting 50+ year old wrestlers leave is a bad thing. They had a strong roster prior to all the old stars comming in, and with the money they are saving by letting them leave they could easily rebuild the company. Look at TNA vids durring 2005/06, if they can put a roster similar to that again they can easily stay "afloat"

Fignuts
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
The big names TNA has signed over the years, have never actually done anything for them bar maybe a temporary ratings spike.

So those names leaving isn't really going to hurt them either.

Rammsteinmad
02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
TNA was around before all these people were in the company, I'm sure they'll survive without them.

Lock Jaw
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
People complained about all those old guys being in TNA anyways. (And then marked out when Nash and Booker returned to the WWE)

XL
02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Heh, typical IWC right there LJ.

XL
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I for one wouldn't have wanted Angle, Booker, Nash, Sting and Steiner to fued with Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrett, Flair, etc anyway.

Talk about not pushing young talent!

And before you mention Styles, Beer Money and Kaz...the storyline dictates that the bad guys lose in the end.

At least this way the young guys are the good guys and should get the win.

ron the dial
02-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Heh, typical IWC right there LJ.
well there is a difference between having those guys in yr main event, and having them show up as a surprise entrant in the rumble.

whiteyford
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I cant see TNA staying afloat after this

Unless Panda Energy pulls out, they can go on as long as they like.

Vox Populi
02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Exactly. Nash and Booker T appearing at the Royal Rumble doesn't by any stretch of the imagination equate to TNA no longer being financially backed by a billion dollar corporate entity.

Also, has anyone other than some jackwagon from the credibility-free New York Daily News actually reported Sting to the WWE as official yet? If not, I can't stress enough how likely that information is to be complete and total bullshit.

Fox
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
TNA has the money to keep going. We'll know they're "done" when SpikeTV decides not to renew their contract with them and TNA Impact moves back to weekly PPV's or ends up on GTV or something terrible like that.

They just really need to get rid of Russo, Hogan and Bischoff. Things were okay before these assholes showed up.

Lock Jaw
02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I think if TNA was like how they were back in 2006-2008 when I actually watched, they would have had a decent shot at being slightly competitive.

Steveviscious89
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I think if TNA was like how they were back in 2006-2008 when I actually watched, they would have had a decent shot at being slightly competitive.

Oh yeah.....but there was a whole nother set of complaints we had for them back then too. And by the way, I think Russo has been there since almost the beginning. Let's just cut the crap and shoot straight here: until TNA has the same smooth production and crowds WWE has, we'll never be satisfied...regardless of the roster.

Testicle
02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
TNA was around before all these people were in the company, I'm sure they'll survive without them.

If by survive you mean barely fill a 900 seat arena then sure. Actually before the big stars came to TNA it was a 500 seat arena. When AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were main-eventing TNA, the company only had a one-hour block, 11:00 pm on Saturdays. So if thats what you want them to go back to now, good fucking luck.

bigslimjj
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
WTF are some of you talking about? They just got their third highest rated show in history and it wasn't even a special or anything. For months I've heard posters scream how these old guys need to retire and move on. Yet as soon as they leave and go to the wwe the same posters are back on their nuts. TNA is pushing the guys that started there. The guys they should have been pushing in the first place. Hernandez coming back shows that even more. The starter of this thread is an idiot.

Testicle
02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, too bad the young guys they push don't draw.

edit: and don't start with that 'OUR RATINGS OUR UP!' shit. Go back to Monday nights and tell me what your ratings are.

bigslimjj
02-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, too bad the young guys they push don't draw.

edit: and don't start with that 'OUR RATINGS OUR UP!' shit. Go back to Monday nights and tell me what your ratings are.

They aren't my ratings.They are TNA's. "Their" ratings are up. Looks like someone's one of "those posters" sucking off "Diesel" fumes.

Mr. JL
02-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Is RVD still in TNA? I have not heard of any news about him and I usually only watch TNA if I hear about something that interests me.

The Naitch
02-02-2011, 05:09 PM
don't make me post RVD's TNA theme again....

Emperor Smeat
02-02-2011, 05:38 PM
It might force TNA to put more effort in their youth or current wrestlers for the short term but until they improve their bookers and writers, it probably wouldn't make a difference in the long run.

TNA managed to write a long term feud without having any of those wrestlers on contract and then forgot to have a backup plan in case it didn't work.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Booker T, Kevin Nash and Sting weren't even under contract. Them "leaving" the company is pretty much a non-factor. Now, rumours say that there were plans to reunite The Main Event Mafia, but this would have been absolutely shit anyway. These guys don't belong near the main event anymore. Booker T can still work, but he can't work the full schedule, which is why the WWE is reportedly moving him into an announcing position. Sting can maybe have a good novelty run in the WWE. But I doubt we'll be seeing him headline the next six WrestleManias.

This is actually a good thing for TNA. The older guys barely effected their ratings, and now they can focus on their younger guys, who can essentially build fanbases of their own. TNA is not ready to compete with the WWE, but if they iron their shit out, then not only will they survive, but they might actually be able to...grow.

MIZantine Empire
02-03-2011, 10:01 AM
they need to drop this fourtune angle, and go back to building the company around AJ Styles. the man is entertainment, rolled into a ball of charisma, thrown against a wall of never ending talent. and i have said it once, and i will say it again, ink and exlcusive knockouts/playboy agreement. then tna is saved, at least for awhile. oh and getting rid of hogan/bishoff/russo wouldnt hurt either

Haze
02-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Clinging to the drawing power of 90’s stars that are past their prime has been one of TNA’s biggest mistakes. Maybe with these big names gone they can take the money that they would have paid to keep them, and put it towards writers and younger up and coming talent. TNA needs to work towards rehashing their image as the fresh/exciting substitute to the WWE, rather than being its half assed alternate.

Haze
02-03-2011, 10:12 AM
So to answer the question...No TNA is not done because they lost Nash and Booker T, and may have lost Sting as well.

Swish
02-03-2011, 03:42 PM
TNA They Need Angles :)

Nightwing
02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Sting, Nash and Booker T have been off TV for a while. So, im pretty sure theyre doing ok. Ok for TNA standards.

TheChamp
02-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Stop me if anyone’s heard this before.

<O:p</O:p
A wrestling company competing with WWE. Check.

A wrestling company ruled by an all-powerful faction consisting of Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan-led talent. Check.

A wrestling company that prides themselves as having better wrestlers than WWE. Check.

A wrestling company in which most of its most popular talent defected from the WWE. Check.

<O:p</O:p
All we need now is for somebody to go Goldberg on TNA, and we’ll have the second coming of WCW (and we all know what happened to them).