PDA

View Full Version : Instances where wrestlers were punished

GD
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I remember Triple H being punished after the MSG incident. I am not sure but I believe that MVP was also punished after he had something to do with the drug policy. Are there any such more examples of wrestlers being punished by the WWE or any other popular wrestling company?

Haze
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Perry Saturn's moppy gimmick was punishment for his stiff work with a jobber. I heard that D'lo's stint as Godfathers sidekick was punishment for the Droz incident.

Funky Fly
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Moppy.

Rammsteinmad
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
You're welcome.

JimmyMess
02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Rob Van Dam getting busted for marijuana and subsequently dropping both the ECW title and WWE Title... and then getting fired... don't know if thats what you're looking for... or just punishment in terms of jobbing...

Hardcore Holly after beating the piss out of Maven...

Nightwing
02-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I heard CM Punk is in the doghouse :shifty:

Hanso Amore
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Jim Duggan and the Iron Sheik were punished after getting busted with pot in the late 80s

whiteyford
02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Jim Duggan and the Iron Sheik were punished after getting busted with pot in the late 80s

Thought they got punished for breaking kayfabe, thats how i always heard it.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Sid was fired for stabbing Arn...

Hanso Amore
02-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Thought they got punished for breaking kayfabe, thats how i always heard it.

Well yes in a sense. They got arrested...Together...when they were supposed to be enemies.

So by getting caught with pot, they broke kayfabe.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Serena broke kayfabe and was punished as well.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Dusty Rhodes entire WWF run was a punishment of sorts :)

GD
02-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Does anyone remember that time when Stephanie got punished for being a naughty girl and John Cena slapped her ass?

Emperor Smeat
02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Hardcore Holly punished the crap out of Rene Dupree when he got another ticket and court case by borrowing Holly's car I think.

GD
02-03-2011, 06:07 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3XUytidTank" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vastardikai
02-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I would suggest that Piggie James was punishment.

Ultra Mantis
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Hurricane Helms was buried on an episode of ECW after the drunken antics that got him and Jericho arrested. A couple of guys mentioned it in promos, Zack Ryder showed the mugshot on the tron, then later Regal and Zeke beat him down and he was never seen again.

Kendrick got buried as punishment for drug use before he was released. Carlito has also stated that some of the stupid skits he was involved in (Hornswoggle's magic door, getting KOd by Vince) were punishments because of his attitude.

Gertner
02-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Perry Saturn's moppy gimmick was punishment for his stiff work with a jobber. I heard that D'lo's stint as Godfathers sidekick was punishment for the Droz incident.

It was the opposite for D Lo. He was really bummed so they decided to give him a fun gimmick with the Godfather

Anyways, Mark Henry and Mae Young was supposed to be punishment for Henry gaining weight.

JimmyMess
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Does anyone remember that time when Stephanie got punished for being a naughty girl and John Cena slapped her ass?

Yes. I wanted to go all Randy Savage on her

Theo Dious
02-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Rob Van Dam getting busted for marijuana and subsequently dropping both the ECW title and WWE Title... and then getting fired...

He wasn't fired, he was suspended.

I would suggest that Piggie James was punishment.

That's because you're an idiot.

MoFo
02-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior got fired twice for demanding an upfront guarantee then no-showing house shows. Also got buried on his own DVD.

The 'Plane Ride From Hell' got loads of wrestlers reprimanded.

JimmyMess
02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
He wasn't fired, he was suspended.

Oh, I stand corrected... so it was a punishment haha! Cheers

Jakob Synn
02-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I heard CM Punk is in the doghouse :shifty:

For not acting and wearing the right clothing as a champ I believe.

That's why he lost the title to Undertaker.

Could you count the Montreal Screwjob as punishment? Because to me I think you can and that's the ultimate punishment because not only are you leaving the company but you're being undermined by people you trusted and embarassed in your own country.

GD
02-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow. Not wearing the right clothing? I don't get it.

Jakob Synn
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow. Not wearing the right clothing? I don't get it.

Don't quote me exactly on that because I'm not entirely sure but it was something like that.

It was during the UK tour last year.

GD
02-04-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/backstage-update-reason-cm-punk-is-in-wwe-dog-house-87077

Jakob Synn
02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/backstage-update-reason-cm-punk-is-in-wwe-dog-house-87077

You'd think that if the Undertaker pulled you aside to talk to you about how you're dressing you might take what he's saying into consideration. Smart ass remarks do not work with older people, especially when it's with someone more powerful than you and can have things done to get you demoted.

whiteyford
02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Hardcore Holly punished the crap out of Rene Dupree when he got another ticket and court case by borrowing Holly's car I think.

Wasnt there someone else fed to the APA as punishment, just worked him really stiff, cant remember who it was supposed to have been though.

Rammsteinmad
02-05-2011, 07:56 AM
I remember people saying Austin jobbing to the Rock at Wrestlemania 19 was punishment for all that 'Austin dropped his ball' stuff.

Though I just see it as a nice ending to a trilogy of matches, which Rock had already lost two of.

RiX1024
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Wasnt there someone else fed to the APA as punishment, just worked him really stiff, cant remember who it was supposed to have been though.

I know that both Public Enemy and Dudley Boyz had to take the Acolyte test to see if they are worthy enough to be in the WWE, Public Enemy blew it and Dudleyz became a legendary team.

I think Perry Saturn got stiffed by APA as punishment for stiffing Mike Bell, hence the Moppy gimmick.

whiteyford
02-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah it was Saturn:y:

Jakob Synn
02-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior at Summerslam '91

Disco Apocalypse
02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Ted Dibiase... that's the only logical reason I can think of as to why he isn't getting a push.

Daniel Bryan. Not much of punishment considering he got to return and get a belt almost instantly.

XL
02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
It was the opposite for D Lo. He was really bummed so they decided to give him a fun gimmick with the Godfather

Anyways, Mark Henry and Mae Young was supposed to be punishment for Henry gaining weight.
I believe the Henry/Young thing wasn't so much punishment and more an attempt on WWE's part to get Henry to quit on his $1mil per year contract as he didn't live up to their expectations.

Fignuts
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Regal got the biggest push of his craeer dropped because of his wellness policy violation.

That was the most depressing punishment to me, as I've always thought regal could be a main event heel, and I was mad pumped to see it happen.

Fox
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Some people say that the Road Dogg & Kwik gimmick and Billy Gunn's "The One" and Billy & Chuck (gay angle) were both punishment from Triple H and Stephanie for the two of the NAO members bitching and whining too much about Hunter stealing the spotlight during the high points of the DX days.

Xero
02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Are those "some" named Monty Sopp and Brian James?

TheChamp
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Rob Van Dam getting busted for marijuana and subsequently dropping both the ECW title and WWE Title... and then getting fired... don't know if thats what you're looking for... or just punishment in terms of jobbing...

I was really pissed about the RVD thing. I thought the whole WWE/ECW thing really had legs. I, like a lot of people, felt cheated because I wanted to see how RVD would have faired as a world champion, especially after seeing Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be rewarded after everything they went through, to finally be crowned champion.

Tom Guycott
02-08-2011, 02:05 AM
You'd think that if the Undertaker pulled you aside to talk to you about how you're dressing you might take what he's saying into consideration. Smart ass remarks do not work with older people, especially when it's with someone more powerful than you and can have things done to get you demoted.

Not really sure that story is believable. This is the same company who'se boss told him to always dress in his ring gear and not to come out in street clothes because he's "unrecognizable".

JimmyMess
02-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Not really sure that story is believable. This is the same company who'se boss told him to always dress in his ring gear and not to come out in street clothes because he's "unrecognizable".

I'd buy it. Because it sounds like Punk dresses like a slob when he travels. In a shoot when he talks about wearing his hoodie all the time, probably ripped pants or someting. Plus I picture John Cena "dressed down" as like a $150 UnderArmor Shirt and $300 Track pants.