PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically TNA goes under...

seapig4
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Right TNA goes under and all the talent wants to work for the E, who do you sign and what do you do with them?

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
executions at dawn

Gertner
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I'd like to rebuild the cruiserweights so I'd sign Styles, Kazarian, Lethal, Daniels.
Tag teams: MCMG, Generation Me, Doug Williams and Desmond Wolfe
Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle to contend for the World Championship

Rammsteinmad
02-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Probably sign all of them (except Hogan and Bischoff) and start a third brand called TNA!

Nicky Fives
02-04-2011, 02:19 PM
A.J. Styles, Robert Roode, Desmond Wolfe, The Pope, Jay Lethal and Matt Morgan would be the only ones I would be interested in if I were WWE.....

The Naitch
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
-sign Eric Bischoff and Hogan, only to bury them
-have Ric Flair face Sting (again)
-rape Dixie Carter

St. Jimmy
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Flair, Bischoff... Anderson maybe? That's it.

The Show Off
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM
I'd like to rebuild the cruiserweights so I'd sign Styles, Kazarian, Lethal, Daniels.
Tag teams: MCMG, Generation Me, Doug Williams and Desmond Wolfe
Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle to contend for the World Championship

Lethal, Daniels, MCMG, Generation Me, Doug Williams, Desmond Wolfe and Samoa Joe???

Now why on earth would WWE want a bunch of former indy wrestlers? I thought you've told us they're all a bunch of vanilla midgets?

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 03:45 PM
tna exposure has clearly made them legitimate worldwide superstars worthy of praise.

Jakob Synn
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Everyone but ex-WWE stars and do a new Invasion angle. A better one.

Innovator
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Marry: Velvet Sky
Fuck: Dixie
Kill: Winter

James Steele
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM
TNA needs a little dog with a big imagination.

http://valsviews.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/WishboneDvdCover.jpg

Evil Vito
02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
<font color=goldenrod>If Spike TV is willing to retain the Impact time slot and nobody from TNA was going to demand creative pull, I'd buy out the rights to the company. TNA Impact would become WWE Impact, a new 3rd brand. The TNA guys would travel together and fulfill their current TV/house show commitments and eventually bigger venues would get booked.

Raw, SmackDown, and Impact would be treated as three totally different shows and interbrand stuff would be kept to a bare minimum. The Rumble, Bragging Rights, and the Draft would be the only times you see interbrand matches.</font>

Mjdiesel
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Everyone but ex-WWE stars and do a new Invasion angle. A better one.

Great idea.

Keep Joe, Angle, Styles, Rood, Lethal, Morgan and Pope.

Get rid of everyone else. Including Hogan and Bishoff (the cancers).

Mjdiesel
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
tna exposure has clearly made them legitimate worldwide superstars worthy of praise.

Alright, that's enough. Wasn't it your shitty negative attitude that got you on thin ice in the first place?

Come off it.

MoFo
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Angle, Beer Money, The Beautiful People.

Rerun the Invasion angle and job all the others out.

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Alright, that's enough. Wasn't it your shitty negative attitude that got you on thin ice in the first place?

Come off it.
i'm trying to decide whether this is a real post or not.

Mjdiesel
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Dude, I'm not the one spilling repressed smarmy remarks stemming from past flabels into other threads. I thought we moved on from 3 days ago.

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 05:21 PM
i wasn't even addressing you to begin with. relax. it was a jab at gertner more than anything. you're sensitive, huh?

Mjdiesel
02-04-2011, 05:27 PM
im gonna be like the black guy in 2 Fast 2 Furious "I'm out"

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
AJ Styles: The man shows up on RAW representing the foreign company, carrying the TNA World Heavyweight Championship belt. He immediately makes an impact by getting in the face of John Cena, and claiming to be "The Phenomenal One" that is going to change the WWE.

Alex Shelley: Does anyone not want to see The Motor City Machine Guns wow on a big stage?

Angelina Love: A Beautiful People vs. LayCool feud is actually probably one of the most obvious crossovers you can do.

Brian Kendrick: If he was willing to play ball. It seems unlikely, but the guy has tremendous amounts of talent. I wouldn't mind using him as a solid mid-carder wrestler, and consider moving him up if he showed passion for the direction of the company.

Chris Sabin: See Alex Shelley.

Doug Williams: He's been one of the best things in TNA recently, and has actually build himself up a decent resume. He could be pushed as the William Regal type, minus the suspensions. The two feuding would even be pretty cool.

Elijah Burke: I thoroughly enjoyed this man in the WWE last time. Apparently he has a bit of a sour attitude, but if he fixed that, he could be a huge star for the WWE. His gimmick doesn't even need to change. It'd work in the WWE on a larger scale.

El Zorro: Just debut him as a luchador Crow Sting.

Eric Young: Let him stumble around backstage doing comedy segments for a little bit, and then feature him in a random match and let his strength wow people. Basically think how Tajiri debuted with the WWE. If Young catches on, keep using him. If not, release him.

Frankie Kazarian: If he's willing to work for the WWE. His stock has gone up in the world of professional wrestling. Kazarian could come in and play the cocky heel role better than ever.

Generation Me: I'd actually like to see these two guys play an ignorant American tag team on SmackDown!, feuding with Los Aviadores from FCW. That would be a pretty cool feud.

Hernandez: I could see this guy being a good tag team partner for Rey Mysterio for a time, transitioning into a feud with Alberto Del Rio. The WWE loves using Hispanic stars on SmackDown!, and Hernandez has that "everyday man" quality that could translate him into something resembling the Hispanic Stone Cold Steve Austin for SmackDown!.

James Storm: My money on the beer.

Jay Lethal: This guy is really young, good in the ring, charismatic and quite synonymous with TNA. It'd be a pretty silly move not to include him in the company if he were a free agent. He'd slip into a good tag team role somewhere.

Katie Lea: I'd love to see her aligned with The Corre, as Wade Barrett's "queen." She'd be a great heel for that side of things.

Ken Kennedy: He was such a rising star in the WWE. I'd like to see him return with a vengeance, and feud with Randy Orton.

Kiyoshi: He attacks Yoshi Tatsu, because of "something in their past," and the two have a pretty awesome feud on Superstars. If it catches on, awesome -- but if not, at least you get some good matches out of it.

Kurt Angle: I don't know how you can not hire this guy.

Madison Rayne: I'd like to see her take her current TNA character to the WWE. A beauty queen, aligned with Victoria, who basks in her own greatness all the time. She could be a top heel in the Divas Division in no time.

Magnus: FCW for a little bit. The guy is young, is getting it pretty quick, but could use more polish.

Matt Morgan: I think this guy could be money. I'd be interested in seeing Kurt Angle, AJ Styles & Matt Morgan leading a union against the established WWE guys.

Mick Foley: If only to a Legends deal.

Mickie James: If she had amended the problems that caused her to get released in the first place. She was the star of the Women's Title scene for a while in the WWE, and would be a welcome return to a more serious Women's Division. Who doesn't want to see Amazing Kong vs. Mickie James?

Nigel McGuinness: This man proved to be able to work as a star in his feud with Kurt Angle. I'd instantly bring this man in as a hooligan decimating whatever roster he chooses to be a part of.

Robert Roode: My mind on the money.

Samoa Joe: I'd put him up the front of the signings, alongside "The New Franchise" AJ Styles, Ken Kennedy, Kurt Angle, Matt Morgan and The Motor City Machine Guns.

Sarita: She's a damn good female worker, and could really help out the scene on SmackDown!.

Velvet Sky: She's damn hot, doesn't look like your usual Diva, and has got personality. She and Angelina Love teaming up to face The Beautiful People is actually something I could see the WWE putting on at a WrestleMania.

Victoria: I'm not sure how many years she's got left, but she has proven that she can still work like a beast. I'd use her on RAW to create some new female stars (like Madison Rayne, and whomever Rain feuds with).

So, to RAW:

* AJ Styles
* Alex Shelley
* Chris Sabin
* Doug Williams
* Eric Young
* Frankie Kazarian
* James Storm
* Ken Kennedy
* Kiyoshi
* Kurt Angle
* Madison Rayne
* Matt Morgan
* Mickie James
* Robert Roode
* Samoa Joe
* Victoria

That's a lot of talent, but you can then put some guys in tag teams elsewhere, or move others to RAW, or give other guys who might not be ready more developmental time.

SmackDown! gets:

* Angelina Love
* Brian Kendrick
* Elijah Burke
* El Zorro
* Hernandez
* Jay Lethal
* Jeremy Buck
* Katie Lea
* Max Buck
* Nigel McGuinness
* Sarita
* Velvet Sky

That's only eight male competitors, and realistically, I guess Kendrick & Burke won't be on this list, because of their troubled pasts with the WWE (the same goes for Kennedy on the RAW side of things).

XL
02-04-2011, 09:09 PM
So you'd sign pretty much everybody Noid?

dronepool
02-04-2011, 09:28 PM
AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, RVD, Beer Money, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky, Desmond Wolfe.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM

I wouldn't sign the following guys...

Abyss: I respect the guy, but he's getting up there in years, wouldn't have the same illusion of size in the WWE, and has never really been a guy I've been personally interested in. With the hardcore style being less and less used, I just don't see him having a constructive role to play in the WWE.

Amazing Red: He's too cruiserweight, and while I enjoy that style from time-to-time, I just don't see him as a guy who can be a threat. His style is too style over substance for my liking.

Brooke Adams: I loved her, and she has a great ass, but you can't bring in everyone, right?

Bubba Ray Dudley: He's getting older, he's obviously getting past his prime, and the guy is a legitimate douche. He can cut a good promo, but he certainly isn't needed, and probably won't work for scraps. Let him go elsewhere.

Christy Hemme: Yeah, she's hot, and she has the forehead for about 12 workers, but I just don't think she has a place in the current WWE, unless we were going to un-PG it up. In which case, I'd totally bring her in with a nympho gimmick.

Crimson: I haven't even seen this guy work. If he's super good I can change my mind, but he apparently got his job because of his hair-style. Righto.

D-Von Dudley: His time has come and gone. Even if the WWE had the chance to do a Dudley Boyz reunion, I don't think they necessarily should. Maybe a one-off appearance here and there for D-Von.

Daffney: I don't think she's as hot as most people do, and I don't think she is vital to the Divas Division. I think she's a safe cut.

Eric Bischoff: I just don't see any place for him. Even as just an on-air performer.

Gunner: Just not interested in this guy.

Hulk Hogan: You also save a lot of money by doing this.

Jeff Hardy: Sorry, Jeff, but you're a junkie and can get fucked.

Jeff Jarrett: I doubt he'd even want in the WWE.

Jeremy Borash: See ya, JB.

Jesse Neal: Maybe he can get better with time, but he'd definitely be a developmental signing, if anything.

Karen Jarrett: She's hot, but I'm just not interested in seeing her in the WWE.

Matt Hardy: Yeah, he just left on sour terms. Fuck the guy.

Mike Tenay: Actually, he'd be pretty interesting in the WWE, but I wouldn't give him a permanent spot at the announcers' desk. Maybe just a random appearance here or there, if he were open to it.

Murphy: The most interesting thing about this guy, to me, is that his real name is Michael Cole.

Okada: Truthfully, I've never seen the guy work, so that's his main reason for not making my list.

Orlando Jordan: I don't hate on the guy, but I just don't think he would serve too much of a purpose.

Robbie E.: Again, haven't seen the guy work. With TNA folding, there's nowhere else for him to go, though. So he can get a little better, and maybe get signed down the track.

Rob Terry: The guy is so roided up I don't think he'd pass a wellness test. The guy has got the look, but he's too green for a main roster spot. At the very best, he'd slim right the fuck down and been an FCW guy.

Rob Van Dam: He can still go, and he's still a bit of a star, but I've never really cared about the guy too much. He's not TNA enough to be a TNA star, but I also wouldn't cream myself for his WWE return. I don't know, I'd keep using him once in a while for a "one time deal" sort of thing.

Rosita: I haven't really seen her work, but I think you'd acquire enough female talent without her.

Scott Steiner: Yeah...no...

Shannon Moore: He's pretty talented, but he's had a few shots. He's also getting older and older. I'm sure there's another flippy guy out there that can fill the void Moore leaves when he retires.

Shark Boy: I'm not sure how good a performer Dean Roll is, but I just can't get into Shark Boy as anything other than a novelty. A novelty I, personally, wouldn't pay for. I'd probably miss out on some merchandise sales, though.

SoCal Val: She's kind of weirdly attractive, but I just don't see a part for her in the WWE. Let PWG have her.

Tazz: I like the guy, but the WWE has more than enough commentators right now. Maybe a Legends deal down the track, and an inclusion in WWE All-Stars 2.

Tommy Dreamer: He just left the WWE recently, and I'm just not at the point of caring about him right now.

The two I would consider bringing in that I left off, are Becky Bayless and Hector Guerrero. But obviously they wouldn't be major roles.

Impeccable
02-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Wow Noid...great posts.

I would try and rebuild the tag division in the WWE, but that's just me. Not sure it's ever going to be top of anyone else's agenda though.

MCMG and Beer Money are definate signings I would make. I'd also definately sign Doug Williams. Feels like he'd make a good tag partner for Regal. Regal deserves so much better than what he is currently doing, but if he was put in a tag team, at least he'd be on my TV and be contributing. Then I'd move them all to Smackdown, along with the Uso's, Kozlov and Marella, and have the tag division exclusive to that brand. There would clearly be a need to manufacture or resign some older tag teams to push the division, but those signings would be a start.

I'd take Jay Lethal and pop him on Smackdown and give him a dose of "insta-push". He's got a real underdog quality about him. He can speak on the mic, he's entertaining. Feels like he'd get a push similar to Shelton Benjamin when he first moved to Raw and pinned HHH.

Robbie E - You know what, his gimmick is annoying. But the guy can work. I'd put him in development for a bit, but he could play cocky heel really well...think along the lines of Carlito.

Kurt Angle - How could you not re-sign Angle?

Jeff Jarrett - Jeff's current angle re: MMA is the only thing I would take from TNA today and transplant into WWE programming. If I could successfully take Jarrett and his gimmick, I would, but not sure Jeff would want to anyway.

Seems like WWE have now picked up Nash, who would have been my only other signing had he still been with TNA.

whiteyford
02-05-2011, 06:09 AM

Personally i would, except Bischoff, Hogan etc., at least initially. Some of the TNA roster are getting paid peanuts so financially its not gonna break the bank, you can retry the invasion and at the end cut the talent that doesnt get over.

If you could keep the timeslot, id go with Vitos idea, a 3rd brand that only gets included on the Rumble/Survivor Series/Bragging Rights/King of the ring events. Id avoid any connection with WWE in terms of branding though, that might allow it to remain tv14, and let anybody jumping ship seem like a bigger deal.

James Steele
02-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Vince McMahon would never hire Jeff Jarrett again. Here is why:

A) Jarrett held McMahon up for money to drop the IC Title to Chyna before going to WCW
B) Jarrett has never drawn a dime
C) Jarrett is a "slapnut"

seapig4
02-05-2011, 07:27 AM
I think that all the tag team ideas are great, wwe would never bring back a cruiserweight title but tag team wrestling can be a great for some guys like regal who has nothing on at the moment but stick him with doug williams and mcguinness and i think you'd have gold