PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Lexy returning to WWE

Providence Peep
02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Lex Luger has reportedly been in talks with the WWE about a possible appearance at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. The former World Champion could potentially get a Hall of Fame induction. (Wrestling Observer)

So with that said, what would you like to see happen with Luger? Do you think he should be inducted this year with all the wCw talk and his legacy?

The Naitch
02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I could see this happening, especially since his attitude is alot better now since he's been a born again Christian

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't care about Luger either way. Though I hate when people use "wCw" when they are talking about the real WCW.

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 04:47 PM
if koko b. ware is in, lex is in.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
He was shit in WWE though and he ruined a pretty much sure thing the fans were going nuts for him.

The Naitch
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/3546423402_752f09452f.jpg?v=0

The Naitch
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3545613011_3e70456a8e.jpg

The Naitch
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/JKFyI7pqqLg/0.jpg

Jakob Synn
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
The WWE is looking for anyone who was strong in WCW for Wrestlemania. It's quite lame, but I can understand from a history perspective it being meaningful. It would have been better if the WWE didn't bury the WCW talent.

Who knows, they might have a former WCW battle royale where every wrestler performing was from WCW.

Xero
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Someone should bring back the Torture Rack.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/lex_luger02120604.jpg

That is my contribution to this thread.

St. Jimmy
02-04-2011, 05:05 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f1-eA9gP2dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MoFo
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Was obvious as soon as he was a legend on the SVR game tbh.

Fignuts
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
if koko b. ware is in, lex is in.

UGH

Xero
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMBO3FI3S8I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMBO3FI3S8I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Best Luger theme.

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
UGH
elaborate?

Fignuts
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
elaborate?

Koko got in because of his work in the territories and because his wife had cancer.

It wasn't like they said "Wow his run in the WWF was really great, let's put him in."

Just sick of seeing "Well if Koko got in, then ______ should get in."

It is debatable whether he did enough to get in, but it is not so ridiculous that it warrants that comment, but EVERYBODY says it.

ron the dial
02-04-2011, 05:19 PM
i don't know if everybody says it, but i certainly use it often. either way, i still think that lex did more than enough to warrant hall of fame treatment in wwe.

BollywoodSingh
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Luger deserves to get in for sure. He is one of
the bgger names in wrestling over the last 20 years or so. He wasn't really talented in any area of professional wrestling but he was a star for quite sometime.

Gertner
02-04-2011, 05:23 PM
He was a former 2 time WCW Champ, Former multi time U.S and Tag Champ. I have no problems with Lex going in.

Xero
02-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Did they mention any of Koko's non-WWE work in his induction? Felt like they put him in specifically on his WWE merits.

I don't feel he deserves to be in as a whole, but there's really no rhyme or reason why most guys are in the HOF. Half the HOF shouldn't be in there realistically. But they could do a lot worse than Koko.

Luger deserves it a lot more than Koko, obviously.

Jura
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
He introduced me to a move that I used to do on people all the time so I say let him in.

parkmania
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
If he does get in to the HoF, at the ceremony I fully expect the unwashed masses to start a "You killed Liz" chant.

BollywoodSingh
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
The WWE Hall of Fame has a celebrity wing. Let's not pretend it is such a prestigious honour. Luger should be inducted, nobody can argue against that.

Vastardikai
02-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Let me get it out of the way. We all know it's coming...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BHTj7qfnTak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Show Off
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Koko got in because of his work in the territories and because his wife had cancer.

It wasn't like they said "Wow his run in the WWF was really great, let's put him in."

Just sick of seeing "Well if Koko got in, then ______ should get in."

It is debatable whether he did enough to get in, but it is not so ridiculous that it warrants that comment, but EVERYBODY says it.

Koko was a decent worker and contributed some but he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. Then again the Hall of Fame really isn't all that exclusive nor is it all that legitimate, it's just a way for the WWE to honor the past, not necessarly to reward the best of the best.

If the Hall of Fame were real and it was an actual honor only befitting the very best our buisness has ever seen then Lex Luger still belongs in. He was a solid worker in the buisness for about 15 years and most of those years were the most popular years in wrestling history. And in the time the WCW was at its absolute peek he was the Number 1 baby face in the company.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOwDEhOLXIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is one of the most epic moments during the Monday Night Wars.

Luger gets a lot of shit. He wasn't the best worker, but he always put on decent matches. He wasn't the best mic worker, but he always got the point across well. He wasn't the biggest draw, but for a long period of time he was WCW's #1 guy in facing the nWo. Luger isn't going to knock your socks off but he was always solid and deserves his place among the very best in the history of the buisness.

dhellova guy
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
He killed Liz.

Awesome Dong
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMBO3FI3S8I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Best Luger theme.

I beg to differ...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iK0cjTfbQTw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

Seth82
02-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Lex should def. go in

Koko was a mainstay in the old Jerry Jarrett Memphis Territory in the 80's

Him and Norvell Austin were a pretty decent tag team as The PYT: Pretty Young Things

Him and Norvell also worked the old Florida territory

The Naitch
02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Him and Norvell Austin were a pretty decent tag team as The PYT: Pretty Young Things

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_-3JYuv9w4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My Final Heaven
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkEZE1SKoPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color3=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkEZE1SKoPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color3=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My Final Heaven
02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qcgl7d.png

Just to scare the fuck out of anybody scrolling to the bottom of the page.

DLVH84
02-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Lex Luger would make a great mentor to Chris Masters.

The Ravishing One
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMBO3FI3S8I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMBO3FI3S8I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Best Luger theme.

I love the ref going nuts at the start of this.

Jakob Synn
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM
I think if he didn't drop his Narcassist gimmick he would have gone over way better than he did than going pro-american.

Awesome Dong
02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I think if he didn't drop his Narcassist gimmick he would have gone over way better than he did than going pro-american.

+1 That gimmick is wholly underrated.

FourFifty
02-05-2011, 12:13 AM
What do I want to see done with Lex?

A cheap pine box, a shallow ditch, and a pile of earth comes to mind.

Jordan
02-05-2011, 12:41 AM
I think you guys don't know what the fuck you are talking about with this "Lex killed Liz" garbage. Lex was not convicted of murder, or any crime that I am aware of. I don't know the full story, you don't know the full story so why don't you just stick with what you do know? Lex Luger the pro wrestler.

Lex was huge during my childhood, from WWF to WCW. I really dug Lex Luger in 96 and his contrast to WWF's champ and my favorite wrestler, Shawn Michaels.

I usually got bored then with Luger's matches, not much has changed. He has had some matches with some extraordinary workers that were classics, for the most part forgotten or lost in time. That aside, Luger was never marketed as "The Excellence of Execution", that was Bret's job. Luger was The Total Package, he had the best look in the business and was the prototype of what you'd want your company leader to be.

Speaking of Prototype, John Cena seems to me to be a Luger type, better, but a Luger type. A Jack of all trades but master of none. Very similar I think.

So yeah I'm all for Luger going into the Hall of Fame, especially in Atlanta I think it would be a huge thing for him in life and probably heal a lot of wounds.

DLVH84
02-05-2011, 01:40 AM
I liked his matches with Stan Hansen. They were extremely hard-hitting, ass-kicking, take no prisoners style of matches.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-05-2011, 02:11 AM
I think you guys don't know what the fuck you are talking about with this "Lex killed Liz" garbage. Lex was not convicted of murder, or any crime that I am aware of. I don't know the full story, you don't know the full story so why don't you just

I agree with you that he didn't kill Liz, but they certainly weren't any help to each other. It seems that they were both dependant on various amounts of drugs an alcohol. That sort of enviroment is toxic. Lex killed Liz makes a good headline, but it isn't true. Liz killed Liz by taking drugs mixed with alcohol. That is like the first thing you are taught in health classes around the country about the two dangerous substances.

When people die from mixing drugs and alcohol you have to chalk it up to plain stupidity.

Though you are incorrect about him being chargeless. From wikipedia in Luger's house the day of Liz's death the police did a search of their townhouse and found:

"number of illicit controlled substances, including anabolic steroids, OxyContin, synthetic growth hormone, testosterone, and Alprazolam. He was charged with 14 drug possession counts, 13 of them felonies. He was released the following day on $27,500 bail. Hulette's death was eventually ruled accidental. Luger pleaded guilty to the charges on February 3, 2005. He was given a $1,000 fine, sentenced to five years probation, and required to submit to periodic drug testing."

He paid his debt to society with the fines and the probation, so I figure that case is closed and doesn't mean a damn thing about him being in the Hall of Fame or not.

I don't think Lex Luger ever gave a damn about the wrestling business except as a payday. I don't think he tried hard enough to get other people over against himself. I think he was a selfish prick who thought he was better than everybody else. If he gets into the Hall of Fame it's just because they are in Atlanta and because they want as many hometown WCW guys to bump the ticket sales. That's fine but I'm not gonna sit here and say he was the greatest of all time when he wasn't even close. He was at the right place at the right time for the Horseman when they needed an extra guy when Barry Windham left to be the Widowmaker in the WWF. He was at the right place at the right time when Sting asked Bischoff to give him a job in 1995 because he was his friend and it was relatively cheap for Bischoff to sign him.

When the bright lights of the WWE were on him he choked. He didn't get over and it wasn't because Vince didn't want to push him cause he was a WCW guy. He got pushed pretty damn hard and then just didn't deliver. He was also a damn liar and told Vince that he was going to sign an extension in good faith when Vince asked him if he wanted to sign a deal. Say what you will about Koko B. Ware, but he wouldn't have done that to the guy who gave him his biggest push in his career.

I loved Koko B. Ware he was a great talent and seemed to be a great guy who loved the business. Luger was a failed football star trying to make as much money as he could with as little talent and effort as posssible. Going to the Hall of Fame for Lex Luger would probably be just another payday for him.
I don't think he deserves it.

Rammsteinmad
02-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Not really a big fan, but I'd be happy to see him in the HOF. Plus his acceptance speech has the potential to be hilarious.

whiteyford
02-05-2011, 05:38 AM
He main-evented both WCW and WWF, played a part in the monday night wars, dont see why he shouldnt be in.

Sixx
02-05-2011, 08:03 AM
So he's not in the wheelchair anymore?

whiteyford
02-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Last i saw he was walking with a cane.

Sixx
02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Maybe he'll beat the shit out of someone with that cane.

Running someone over on a wheelchair would be more impressive, though.

The Show Off
02-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I agree with you that he didn't kill Liz, but they certainly weren't any help to each other. It seems that they were both dependant on various amounts of drugs an alcohol. That sort of enviroment is toxic. Lex killed Liz makes a good headline, but it isn't true. Liz killed Liz by taking drugs mixed with alcohol. That is like the first thing you are taught in health classes around the country about the two dangerous substances.

When people die from mixing drugs and alcohol you have to chalk it up to plain stupidity.

Though you are incorrect about him being chargeless. From wikipedia in Luger's house the day of Liz's death the police did a search of their townhouse and found:

"number of illicit controlled substances, including anabolic steroids, OxyContin, synthetic growth hormone, testosterone, and Alprazolam. He was charged with 14 drug possession counts, 13 of them felonies. He was released the following day on $27,500 bail. Hulette's death was eventually ruled accidental. Luger pleaded guilty to the charges on February 3, 2005. He was given a $1,000 fine, sentenced to five years probation, and required to submit to periodic drug testing."

He paid his debt to society with the fines and the probation, so I figure that case is closed and doesn't mean a damn thing about him being in the Hall of Fame or not.

I don't think Lex Luger ever gave a damn about the wrestling business except as a payday. I don't think he tried hard enough to get other people over against himself. I think he was a selfish prick who thought he was better than everybody else. If he gets into the Hall of Fame it's just because they are in Atlanta and because they want as many hometown WCW guys to bump the ticket sales. That's fine but I'm not gonna sit here and say he was the greatest of all time when he wasn't even close. He was at the right place at the right time for the Horseman when they needed an extra guy when Barry Windham left to be the Widowmaker in the WWF. He was at the right place at the right time when Sting asked Bischoff to give him a job in 1995 because he was his friend and it was relatively cheap for Bischoff to sign him.

When the bright lights of the WWE were on him he choked. He didn't get over and it wasn't because Vince didn't want to push him cause he was a WCW guy. He got pushed pretty damn hard and then just didn't deliver. He was also a damn liar and told Vince that he was going to sign an extension in good faith when Vince asked him if he wanted to sign a deal. Say what you will about Koko B. Ware, but he wouldn't have done that to the guy who gave him his biggest push in his career.

I loved Koko B. Ware he was a great talent and seemed to be a great guy who loved the business. Luger was a failed football star trying to make as much money as he could with as little talent and effort as posssible. Going to the Hall of Fame for Lex Luger would probably be just another payday for him.
I don't think he deserves it.

I agree with most of your points. From what I heard Lex Luger did seem to be a me first kind of guy. He was an absolute mark for himself, and I've also heard that the was one of those guys that just wanted to get a paycheck, and didn't really care about the buisness. That all aside I think he still belongs in the Hall of Fame (if the Hall of Fame were a legitimate honor). Cause it's not a good guy Hall of Fame, or a Hall of Fame for people who put the buisness first. The Ultimate Warrior never cared about wrestling but he was one of the biggest draws ever so he belongs in. Hulk Hogan never loved wrestling he just loved the money that wrestling provided him, but he absolutly belongs in the hall of fame. Just because you have a crazy love for the buisness doesn't mean you can't be the best at your job. Hell the Undertaker hated his gimmick for most of his career but he was fantastic at portraying it. Passion is something that gives a competitor that extra boost over the top that makes them great (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ric Flair to name a few) but you don't necessarly need passion to be one of the greatest.

As for Lex choking in the WWF maybe you're right. However he was the #1 babyface in the WCW when the WCW was at its peek which was much bigger than the WWF was in 1993/4.

Grablot
02-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Lex deserves to get in he was a staple in early days of the WWF.

I wish he was healthy enough to wrestle.

Hopefully he can become healthy enough to do maybe one last match.

Vastardikai
02-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Luger forgot the typical Luger finish to a match one time at an indy show.

What makes it so bad, the guy was running to Luger's side. All he would have had to do was stick an arm out and he would have clotheslined him.

whiteyford
02-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Liked the metal plate in his arm gimmick as a kid, someone should bring that back.

Seth82
02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Lex deserves to get in he was a staple in early days of the WWF.

You must be really young

but the WWF goes way back to the 1950's or earlier

Vince's grandfather Jess McMahon ran it back then

Grablot
02-05-2011, 04:43 PM
You must be really young

but the WWF goes way back to the 1950's or earlier

Vince's grandfather Jess McMahon ran it back then

I mean WWF as we know it and wasnt it the WWWF back then?

Aguakate
02-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I wanna see Lex Luger.

Grablot
02-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I wanna see Lex Luger.

http://www.bbcnewsamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/luger.jpg

Ur wish is my command, now you see Lex Luger...

Aguakate
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.bbcnewsamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/luger.jpg

Ur wish is my command, now you see Lex Luger...

...I figured someone would do this...

...yet I still went ahead and posted it.

:|

Seth82
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I mean WWF as we know it and wasnt it the WWWF back then?

No it was called Capital Wrestling Corporation then it was called the WWWF in 1963 when Vince Sr took over

but the WWF as we know it started in 1979 when they dropped a W

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Warrior wasn't a draw for the company for long though. He started in 1987 and was the champion in 1990 and was pretty much gone after 1991 except for a few months here and there twice.

Rollermacka
02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Someone should bring back the Torture Rack.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/lex_luger02120604.jpg

That is my contribution to this thread.

I actually wouldnt mind Skippy using the rack when he comes back. He's a big boy and has that massive back so it could work.

I think Lex deserves to be in the HOF, he falls into the same category as Sid. He may have not been the "it" star, but he was a multi time world champ and he had feuds with some of the biggest stars of all time

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f1-eA9gP2dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still stand by my comment that Darren Young should use this theme and have an egomaniac gimmick :yes:

PorkSoda
02-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I wonder if Luger will return with a tight t shirt.

Seth82
02-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I wonder if Luger will return with a tight t shirt.

I doubt it as he looks way different nowadays

http://www.dallaspage.com/msg2008/11.26.2009/images/DSC_0101.jpg

FourFifty
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't like Lex Luger, and I'm not going to say "OMG HE KILLED LIZ!" because that's not the truth. It took my years to get over that fact.

We've all been through Beniot, Eddie, Umaga, Henning, Hawk, Jake Roberts when it happens, etc... but there was something about Liz... This doesn't happen to Liz. She was the embodiment of purity. It took me years to get over what happened to Liz. If she was hit by a car, that'd be one thing. If it was cancer, that'd be another thing... but the fact that this angelic figure of my childhood did drugs, that hurt. That hurt like hell. So yea, it was easy to blame Lex Luger on her death. And I'll be honest here, part of my ill feelings towards Lex Luger still stems from that. If Luger was clean, he could have helped Liz out. However they were doing the same thing. I'm sure if your friend died while with a someone with questionable moral values it'd be easy to blame the friend. This is what happened with Lex Luger.