PDA

View Full Version : wrestling Titles

MON$TER ENERGY
02-08-2011, 07:53 PM
if you could bring any title back to the wwe, what would you choose and why?

Xero
02-08-2011, 07:56 PM
The WWWF United States Tag Team Championship had so much prestige.

Triple Naitch
02-08-2011, 08:08 PM
WWF Crackerless Cracker championship.

MoFo
02-08-2011, 08:26 PM
The Duchess of Queensbury rules match trophy.

Juan
02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
WWF World Martial Arts Heavyweight Championship

BodySlam
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
wwf eagle world championship get rid of the john cena belt

GD
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
The WCW / WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

dronepool
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
The Cruiserweight Championship.

YoungFlyFlashy
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
None, there are way to many titles as it is. They need to take it back to three, World, IC, Tag. And if they wanted to show the CWs some love, bring back the CW Title as well, but yeah, no more than four for the main title picture, causing the champion to appear on both shows thus making the belt seem more important, and create even more of a SD vs RAW brand.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2011, 10:43 PM
The Blue WWF Championship

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/495/490/UltimateWarriorLegionofdoom_display_image.jpg?1289527069

Seth82
02-08-2011, 11:11 PM
WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/wcwcrutg.jpg

ooTin
02-08-2011, 11:17 PM
TNA World Tournament Trophy.

Swish
02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
The Hardcore Title, That belt was fucking epic

VSG
02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt_ClassicATT.jpg

'nuff said.

Swish
02-08-2011, 11:49 PM
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt_ClassicATT.jpg

'nuff said.

Isn't Jericho the last person to hold this belt?

El Fangel
02-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Hardcore title, as that is something I would watch.

Executioner
02-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Isn't Jericho the last person to hold this belt?

Triple H

Tom Guycott
02-09-2011, 02:04 AM
wwf eagle world championship get rid of the john cena belt

:y: This. 100%. So what that it's a huge merch mover? It's just stupid unless it's on Cena. Even that makover for Edge it got when it used to still spin was stupid. Keeping this around is akin to Miz suddenly breaking out the Brahma Bull belt... then again, he could use that to rub in that "Rock's not coming back" for more heat... NO, still stupid. Generic, Classy gold FTW.

None, there are way to many titles as it is. They need to take it back to three, World, IC, Tag. And if they wanted to show the CWs some love, bring back the CW Title as well, but yeah, no more than four for the main title picture, causing the champion to appear on both shows thus making the belt seem more important, and create even more of a SD vs RAW brand.

Don't agree. It only seems like there are too many titles because none of them are made to be important. Each show had a main title, a mid-card belt, tag straps, and some special attraction (Cruiserweight/Women) belt. It worked out when people weren't just crossing over to other shows when they felt like it. Instead of having one person like (start the grumbling now) HHH dominate 50 minutes of screen time on both RAW and SD! a week as the champion, they got to pull the trigger on a possible other champion they may have been eyeing to push, yet with only one goal, they couldn't do so.

But, what happened? Tags got unified for lack of a division. The IC/US titles that used to be stepping stones, are now just on the back burner. Champions cross shows, and then clash after commercial break jobber entrances at a mid-card section of the show. Champions aren't even defending titles in lieu of one singular focus angle.

Yeah, both World Championships are supposed to be what's being chased for 'Mania, but it's all about how Vicki/Dolph are gonna screw Edge out of one, and if Lawler can win the other. Angle-wise, no one else is seriously "in the hunt". I'm not even touching the Bryan conversation, that's extensively discussed elsewhere. Who is a legit threat for the Tag Titles? (read: what other teams are there?) Who is even the IC holder? I seriously had to think about it whilst typing this. I realize it's Kofi now, but... is anyone vying to gain it? And the "butterfly belt"... I still believe there's some sort of rule of every female employed having to carry that thing at least once.

Bringing back the Cruiserweight strap is a crummy move when there isn't even a defined division. Helms was the "longest reigning" champ, because he had no other defined cruiserweights to feud with for a division. The last person I even remember trynig to win it was Matt Hardy, with that whole "I need to drop weight to qualify" angle (let the fat jokes begin). Hell, even poster boy Rey Rey was World Champion material. No one would buy him dropping down to Cruiserweight again. The belt quietly died in a way the hardcore belt was dying before the "unification"; the way the the tag team belts are dying right now.

Rammsteinmad
02-09-2011, 04:09 AM
The Tag Team Chapionship :shifty:

But seriously, the original WWE title.

http://www.freewebs.com/wwe4life12/WWEWORLD.jpg