PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 09:32 AM
If you found a WWE Superstar on Facebook, and you were able to determine that it is actually that person and not some fan, would you send him a pm or do you think that'd be creepy?

Theo Dious
02-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think I'd bother just because they probably get thousands of them weekly.

ooTin
02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
I have chatted with Sheamus and Kaval.... so none that really matter

Brigstocke
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
I hope you asked Kaval and Sheamus if they learned to bump in their wrestling schools.

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't think I'd bother just because they probably get thousands of them weekly.

No, not talking about the "official" FB pages. I mean their personal FB accounts, in which their names are slightly altered because they don't want people finding them. If they apparently don't want people finding them, and you do find them, do you think it's creepy for you to pm them and say hey?

Juan
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
How old are you?

thedamndest
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I haven't trusted celebrities online ever since Rob Zombie's wife ignored me on Myspace.

Brigstocke
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
If they didn't want random people to find them they would just have to alter their user settings so that only friends of friends could find them.

AMIRITE?

CSL
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM

lol

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
If they didn't want random people to find them they would just have to alter their user settings so that only friends of friends could find them.

AMIRITE?

Maybe they don't realize that? All I know is I stumbled upon a legitimate profile of a former wrestler, and I know for a fact that it's legitimate because of how I happened to find it, and that led to finding others. Part of me wants to pm them but part of me thinks they'd find it creepy and is afraid I'd end up in news headlines.

CSL
02-11-2011, 10:41 AM
You're over-thinking it a bit much. Just keep in mind that there are literally thousands of fake accounts run by clowns that will act as if they are really that person because people like ooTin will believe them or if it actually is them you probably won't get a response because you'll be far from the first person today alone to do it.

Testicle
02-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I hate you. ^^

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
You're over-thinking it a bit much. Just keep in mind that there are literally thousands of fake accounts run by clowns that will act as if they are really that person because people like ooTin will believe them or if it actually is them you probably won't get a response because you'll be far from the first person today alone to do it.

Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely that I'd get a response from them, but I could still try or could send them a link to TPWW :lol: Also, I know there are thousands of fake accounts, but I know what I've got here is legit because of how I happened to spot it. The only thing stopping me right now is that I"m afraid of what could happen. They might think it's on-line stalking and feel threatened or something.

ron the dial
02-11-2011, 10:45 AM
and then you might get in trouble? what's the worst that could happen?

Innovator
02-11-2011, 10:46 AM

Punk finally got twitter because he got angry that someone posed as him and was saying how they liked the Offspring.

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 10:46 AM
and then you might get in trouble? what's the worst that could happen?

Honestly, I don't know. Legal action? I could end up in the news headlines or on the upcoming 20/20 special about on-line stalking? I don't know. All I know is I never expected to find what I found and now that I did I feel torn about what to do about it.

ron the dial
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM
for a pm through facebook? hmmmmmmm.

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM
for a pm through facebook? hmmmmmmm.

:lol:Is it obvious that I have no idea how the law works?

ron the dial
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
just don't send dick pix bro

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-11-2011, 10:59 AM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XQZm10eHVSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
just don't send dick pix bro

Nah, if anything I'd just say I'm a fan and thank them and send them a link to TPWW :D

MVP
02-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Me too, we talk all the time!

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Nah, either because it's not actually them, or because it really is them, and they probably get so many messages anyway.

Don't understand all these losers that pretend to be famous people though. They only ones I'd think are real are like those old myspace pages where Edge was holding a sign with the address on it. And even then I didn't bother adding it because of my second reason above.

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2011, 11:33 AM

My reliable sources tell me that Sheamus was only able to run the ropes for 42 minutes before stopping for a drink. :nono:

thedamndest
02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
PM Punk

MoFo
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
So I wasnt really talking to The Rock after all then?

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001648551680

:'(

djoutcry
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XQZm10eHVSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Fact is"?

You, kind sir, are a FAIL!

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I think it was kind of obvious he wasn't actually saying 'fuck this'.

GD
02-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Gregory Helms is my facebook friend and I have had a few chances to interact with him.

bostonbill41
02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I dunno. I "follow" some wrestlers on twitter and Im not even sure it's them actually tweeting.

I probably wouldnt pm a famous athlete on facebook. Im not sure what you'd get out of it.

James Steele
02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.mcdonalds.com/content/dam/McDonalds/hero%20images/AngusChipotleLanding_HomeFlashBackup.png

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
I dunno. I "follow" some wrestlers on twitter and Im not even sure it's them actually tweeting.

I probably wouldnt pm a famous athlete on facebook. Im not sure what you'd get out of it.

http://twitter.com/WWE

That is the list of the real ones. If you are following somebody else it's not them.

BollywoodSingh
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Ziggler's user name is HeelZiggler? That's odd that he would use an inside term on Twitter.

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 01:52 PM

For me, it's the satisfaction of knowing that I said to them whatever I wanted to tell them... and plus I'm curious to see which ones, if any, respond or accept my FB friend request.

I found one who has "I only add people I know" in his "about me" section, so obviously that one is legit (as are the profiles of the people he's friends with).

dingdongyo
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
waaaaaaaay too much agonizing. do it or don't. you won't get in trouble unless you never stop doing it, and even then, the most that will happen is getting your account revoked or something.

"Fact is"?

You, kind sir, are a FAIL!

nice job missing the joke.

Innovator
02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/238678287.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297453019&Signature=guNk730ASp%2B0Jr9nNoYaa0iCRgk%3D

Supreme Olajuwon
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
This thread makes me nervous. If you're actually worried about legal repercussions from a message, then I'm wondering what you plan on saying to this person. Probably some straight up stalker shit.

Whatever you do, Pete, just don't lock your pregnant girlfriend in the trunk of your car and then drive off a bridge when the guy doesn't write you back.

Xero
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Since when does he have a girlfriend that's pregnant?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
It's a pop culture reference. Don't worry about it.

Grablot
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
WWE should capitalize on the internet generation and have either two wrestlers feud because one said something to the other on facebook or attacked there friends.

OR

You can debut a new star by having him stalk a wrestlers facebook.

Xero
02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
It's a pop culture reference. Don't worry about it.

I'm aware.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-11-2011, 03:07 PM
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you are

ron the dial
02-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Providence Peep's tea has gone cold.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM
WWE should capitalize on the internet generation and have either two wrestlers feud because one said something to the other on facebook or attacked there friends.

OR

TNA does it and it reeks of desperation trying to act hip.

Innovator
02-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Providence Peep's tea has gone STONE COLD.

ron the dial
02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
BAHGAWD THAT STAN HAS A FAMILY

Innovator
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
STANS GOT TO MAN UP BOI

Supreme Olajuwon
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Dear Mr. I'm Too Good To Call Or Write My Fans,

ron the dial
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
ah fuck man stan didn't have a family because he killed them :(

Innovator
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
this will be the last package i ever send your ass

Ultra Mantis
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Why dont you just use twitter and not say anything creepy?

Brigstocke
02-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I legit spoke to Chubby Brown once.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
I played Simpsons trivia on AIM chat with the TV geek from Beat the Geeks. Beat em.

Providence Peep
02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Did you guys know John Morrison and Lacey Von Erich are in a relationship with each other?

Skippord
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
do John Morrison and Lacey Von Erich know they are in a relationship with each other?

RGWhat316
02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I added Jamie Keys and the ring announcer Ashley Valance as their real names. But never really messaged them, but Jamie's pic shows up that I could message here though. Usually even if celebs have a real one, they usually arent available to chat.

Xero
02-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Do you realize how big of a creep you're coming off as in this thread?

Poit
02-11-2011, 07:26 PM

OR

Wasn't that Zack Ryder's gimmick for a while?

Providence Peep
02-16-2011, 07:48 PM
OK, so The Rock gave out the address of his Facebook account on Raw. But what's also super cool is that a few of his "friends" on FB are also WWE Superstars and when I friended them they accepted my friend request. Then from there, I was able to reach the FB profiles of several other WWE Superstars and they, too, accepted my friend request.

Now, I'm not saying I have a whole bunch of new best friends, or that I'll be having lunch with any of them, or anything like that. But when I came here a few days ago and said I was thinking of trying to contact the WWE Superstars on Facebook, you guys mocked me as if it couldn't be done or as if any and all FB profiles of them are fakes. Well, I guess you were wrong.

Just thought you should know, in case of you want to try to contact them, as well.

Xero
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Why are you obsessed with this?

CSL
02-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Any old clown can click 'Like' on his official account. Including the thousands of mutants that pretend to be WWE guys and live vicariously through . They're everywhere.

itsmeJD
02-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I just reread this thread, and no one mocked you because they didn't think it was possible. They mocked you because you sounded creepy as fuck agonizing about whether or not to contact a wrestler on their facebook page. There were a few posters who mentioned fake accounts but even YOU admitted you knew there were thousands of fake accounts so really you didn't prove anything and come off sounding even more creepy and lame. The end result is you proved no one wrong because there was no one to prove wrong. You basically did what I'm sure thousands of other WWE fans did after the Rock gave his shit out on RAW. Congrats on whatever it is you felt you were proving, which turned out to be nothing.

Juan
02-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Don't really get why you thought this deserved another thread.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
It was weird before. Now it's creepy.

CSL
02-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Most guys that actually have pages set up for the intention of 'interacting', like The Rock's, are set as fan pages where you just have to click 'Like'. Bret, HBK, Scott Norton (:cool:) and others do this. If you find an account that you need to send a friend request to, 99.7% of the time it's going to be fake and run by some 13 year old hoping people like yourself will believe. I don't know how you and so many others fail to see this.

Xero
02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
And let's face it, the ones that do set up real accounts aren't open for the public to find. They're private. They probably have one real account and one "business" account, if they care about having a real account at all.

Providence Peep
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Most guys that actually have pages set up for the intention of 'interacting', like The Rock's, are set as fan pages where you just have to click 'Like'. Bret, HBK, Scott Norton (:cool:) and others do this. If you find an account that you need to send a friend request to, 99.7% of the time it's going to be fake and run by some 13 year old hoping people like yourself will believe. I don't know how you and so many others fail to see this.

I see what you're saying, and yeah, there are TONS of FAKES out there so of course its natural to be skeptical. But see, the thing is, someone I used to work out here in RI has a couple of friends who work backstage or in the office at WWE, and those people he's friends with who work for WWE are friends with a couple of Superstars. So, one thing leads to another, and its fairly easy for me to see whose legit on FB and who isn't.

Why do I care? Why am I doing this? Well really, it's just a test to see which ones accept my friend request, which ones respond to the note I send them, which ones do both, and which ones do neither. Mark Henry, for instance, has done neither, but that's no big loss.

Xero
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Silk Stalkings: Providence Peep

Juan
02-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Get a job, creep.

Providence Peep
02-16-2011, 09:03 PM
As if none of you would do the same thing I thing if you knew which profiles were legit.

CSL
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
It's really not hard to work out which profiles are legit and which aren't bro.

Xero
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I would not do that, because I am not their friend.

Providence Peep
02-16-2011, 09:11 PM
I would not do that, because I am not their friend.

OK, so every fan who tries to contact a WWE Superstar on FB is a stalker?

Lara Emily
02-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Yah pretty much I don't go around adding people who I've never interacted with in my life just because they're famous. It's fucking creepy and your obsession with it is even creepier.

Providence Peep
02-16-2011, 09:13 PM
If a more established, well-liked TPWW poster were doing it, you guys would think it's great. Whatever.

Xero
02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Kris P. Lettus probably does it.

Xero
02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
There's a big difference between liking something, or friending a promotional account and digging around to find someone's real Facebook account, going as far as friending someone who works for the company and sneak around in their friend list.

CSL
02-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Some of you are definitely shitting on him a bit, one of the points of social networking is to meet new people (bit broad I know when it comes to 'celebs' I know) and these guys who make their profiles easy to find wouldn't have them if they cared that much about fans and random people messaging them. And if somebody wants to try and get a response from a famous wrestler, let them get on with it. It's 'not for me' but if somebody else wants to, knock yourself out. You'd never catch somebody giving somebody shit for tweeting Chris Jericho. In fact I think I remember Xero letting people know that Tazz had responded to one of this tweets not long ago. No different. I think your main problem here is that you've kind of come across as creepy from the get-go with the worrying about being a stalker etc.

CSL
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
There's a big difference between liking something, or friending a promotional account and digging around to find someone's real Facebook account, going as far as friending someone who works for the company and sneak around in their friend list.

I think your main problem here is that you've kind of come across as creepy from the get-go with the worrying about being a stalker etc.

You dig Peter?

Xero
02-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Difference between tweeting someone like Tazz on a public, largely known account and searching for his private twitter account that only his friends and family know of. That's the problem I have with it. It's cool to contact them and talk with them, through the right channels. It's like the difference between meeting CM Punk in the bathroom at a restaurant and passing him in a car and following him to his hotel.

Providence Peep
02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
CSL and Xero, I can honestly say that I understand what you're both saying and I can see it from your perspective. I really can. But I think what it comes down to is my intentions. If my were intentions were ill, if I believed friending them on FB would lead to me become friends with them IRL, if I were consistently sending them private messages, or anything like that, then there would definitely be something wrong with me and I'd admit it. But that isn't the case. I can assure you I'm a loon, but I also admit that I can see how it might seem that way. LOL.

dingdongyo
02-16-2011, 11:46 PM
If a more established, well-liked TPWW poster were doing it, you guys would think it's great. Whatever.
How old are you?

Ultra Mantis
02-17-2011, 05:14 AM
If I was a less creepy TPWW poster, who didn't post about the raging erections he gets watching men wrestle, you guys would still think this is a bit much. Whatever.

YoungFlyFlashy
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I use to always wonder how Stans started out, I guess this is one of the ways. Scary.:|

Dear Wrestler,
I wrote you on FaceBook but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager
And my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn
You must not have got 'em
It probably was a problem
At the post office or somethin'

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aSLZFdqwh7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JimmyMess
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
To the original topic... umm... I wouldn't add someone unless I knew them and they knew me....