PDA

View Full Version : WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP CONTROVERSY * UPDATED WITH A SHOCKING TWEET BY DOLPH ZIGGLER *

GD
02-12-2011, 04:34 PM
And I quote, (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3429463#post3429463)

The WWE website is questioning whether Edge is still the World Heavyweight Champion following last night’s episode of SmackDown!.

The “Rated R Superstar” retained the belt over Dolph Ziggler after Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews replaced Vickie Guerrero as the bout’s Special Guest Referee and made the three-count.

WWE.com published an article concerning Matthews’ involvement with the match, which teases controversy.

“And although Matthews wouldn’t divulge who gave him the authority to be a WWE Official, the WWE Universe is left to wonder if Edge is still the World Heavyweight Champion and if Matthews’ power as a WWE Official ultimately supersedes that of an angry “acting” SmackDown General Manager in Vickie Guerrero.”

The match featured a stipulation where Ziggler would automatically become the new World Heavyweight Champion if Edge attempted to use the Spear against his opponent. Edge hit the banned Spear on Ziggler two separate times during the closing moments of the match.

EGAD :eek:

*NEW UPDATE*

“Last night was a success! Kent State won the MAC Conference & I won the World Heavyweight Championship! Best Dolph Ziggler Day EVER! ;)” :eek:

erickman
02-12-2011, 04:44 PM
i wonder if clay will be the wrestlemania guest host i was wanting sting but now.

Mr. Pierre
02-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Hmm..I'm not really a big fan of flip-flopping the title around, but it would definitely throw a twist into the build for WrestleMania if Dolph went into the Chamber as champion. Would be a cool story if Ziggler is champ, and is automatically #6, only for Edge to win back the title from Ziggler after entering #1.

I dunno. I think it'd be simpler and would help the belt's credibility to keep it on Edge throughout this whole thing, but it would be interesting though.

itsmeJD
02-12-2011, 04:52 PM
They could also strip Edge of the title and put it up for grabs in the Elimination Chamber.

ace3025
02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
They could also strip Edge of the title and put it up for grabs in the Elimination Chamber.

This

ace3025
02-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Especially since the Raw chamber isn't for the title, feels like smackdown chamber would be more entertaining with a unclaimed title.

Xero
02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
They're obviously going to strip him of the title. A face HAS to come out the winner here, since Del Rio has chosen the SmackDown! champion.

So, one of two scenarios, assuming the belt is held up:

1. Edge wins the Chamber. Makes no sense with the story they're going with.
2. Rey wins the Chamber and faces Del Rio at Mania, as Edge faces Dolph.

Personally, I think the second one is the most likely. In fact, I'm pretty much betting on that to happen.

Nicky Fives
02-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Whatever happens, I would be shocked if Rey Mysterio doesn't win the Title at Elimination Chamber......

Brigstocke
02-12-2011, 06:01 PM
There has been no build for Rey, he's likely to be screwed by a returning Cody Rhodes.

Shadrick
02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Kofi >_>

Droford
02-12-2011, 06:57 PM
What should happen:

1) Vicki strips Edge of the Belt on SD
2) Prior to the SD Elimination Chamber match, Edge is attacked by someone
3) Edge's spot is up for the match and he can't compete so..Kofi Kingston gets his comeuppance on Edge for taking him out of the EC match in 09.
4) Kofi wins the Elimination Chamber match
--

Branch into two possible scenarios:

Edge throws a fit seeing as how he never had a shot in the EC, so the match is made a Triple Threat at WM Edge/Kofi/Del Rio

or

We find out who it was that attacked Edge and they face each other at WM.

Nicky Fives
02-12-2011, 06:58 PM
What should happen:

1) Vicki strips Edge of the Belt on SD
2) Prior to the SD Elimination Chamber match, Edge is attacked by someone
3) Edge's spot is up for the match and he can't compete so..Kofi Kingston gets his comeuppance on Edge for taking him out of the EC match in 09.
4) Kofi wins the Elimination Chamber match
5) Edge throws a fit seeing as how he never had a shot in the EC, so the match is made a Triple Threat at WM Edge/Kofi/Del Rio

I like everything up to #5...... no need for it to be a Triple Threat...... let Kofi & Del Rio shine alone, and have Edge get his revenge against Vickie & Ziggler, then have him challenge Del Rio for his Title at Backlash (or whatever it's called now)

Tazz Dan
02-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Christian is obviously going to return and win somehow at EC and face Del Rio at Wrestlemania /marks

Droford
02-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Christian is obviously going to return and win somehow at EC and face Del Rio at Wrestlemania /marks

Christian takes out Edge and they face each other at WM?

I can't wrap my head around a WM with title matches that would include The Miz, Del Rio and Kofi Kingston. Of course Cena is likely to face The Miz but still...it totally reeks of them having bigger matches planned a la WM 18 that would overshadow the Title Matches. Theres no way they're putting the drawing faith in "Its Wrestlemania!", the Miz/Del Rio/Kofi and an Undertaker Streak match unless its vs Sting or some mess.

BollywoodSingh
02-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Whatever happens, I would be shocked if Rey Mysterio doesn't win the Title at Elimination Chamber......

How would Rey not winning shock you? Do you think they would do Rey vs. Del Rio again at WrestleMania? I would be shocked if Rey won the EC match.

Evil Vito
02-12-2011, 07:35 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Since Rey is one of the biggest draws in the entire company - yes, I think he will win the Elimination Chamber.

Then at WM, Edge teams with a returning Christian against Dolph Ziggler and Kane (who will have nothing else to do at Mania if the Taker/HHH rumors ring true)</font>

Emperor Smeat
02-12-2011, 07:47 PM
If Edge really gets stripped of the title, I can see the WWE doing what it did years ago when Triple H was stripped of the title and then won it back in the Chamber.

Had to check Wikipedia but he won it back in the 2005 New Year's Revolution ppv after being stripped in December of 2004.

Its too close to Mania for a new champion to face Del Rio unless WWE wants to extend that feud beyond the usual ppv after Mania as a feud ender. It would also make it too obvious Del Rio won't win the title unless WWE wants to swap around the title 3-4 times in under 2 months.

CSL
02-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Quite obvious this is the beginning of the Kevin Nash Reunion World Tour 2011 and they'll be presenting the belt to him at any time. I heard they're going to break into regularly scheduled programming for live coverage as and when it happens. Ziggler's tweets are nothing but a swerve.

Lock Jaw
02-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Obviously Sting is going to be Heavyweight Champ going into WM. Proof is undeniable.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2011, 09:30 PM
It would make perfect kayfabe sense in the context of this feud for Dolph Ziggler & Vickie Guerrero to strip Edge of the World Heavyweight Title and then for Edge to chase it heading into the Chamber. If it were any other time of the year, anyway. This feud has pretty much been used to test out Ziggler at the top and really get the fans behind Edge as a man who "always finds a way."

Ziggler is not above stirring the internet fans, as he has proven in the past by hiding injuries and such (the man is awesome), and I have no doubt they'll try and pull a fast one over Edge on SmackDown!, but Vince McMahon or someone will put a halt to it, and rehire Kelly Kelly or something.

loopydate
02-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Obviously Sting is going to be Heavyweight Champ going into WM. Proof is undeniable.

I mean, all the signs are there. It's obvious that it's Sting!

1) Sting is a former WCW World Champion. The World Title used to be the WCW World Title!

2) Elimination Chamber is in Oakland, which is near San Francisco, which hosted Superbrawl twice. The other major WCW PPV that started with S was Starrcade, which was the event where we finally got to see the dream match (DREAM MATCH! JUST LIKE UNDERTAKER/STING) between Hulk Hogan... and STING!

3)
E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N-C-H-A-M-B-E-R
S-T-I-N-G-I-S-C-O-M-I-N-G-T-O-W-W-E

4) I really really really really want it to be Sting, so it has to be.

5) The National Enquirer had a story about the singer Sting where he was talking about his record contract. Sting has a contract!

Anybody who doesn't think it's Sting is an idiot. I mean, he's obviously the champ going into Mania.

Lock Jaw
02-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Finally, someone else who gets it.

parkmania
02-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Quite obvious this is the beginning of the Kevin Nash Reunion World Tour 2011 and they'll be presenting the belt to him at any time. I heard they're going to break into regularly scheduled programming for live coverage as and when it happens. Ziggler's tweets are nothing but a swerve.

Don't use that word around Nash.

St. Jimmy
02-12-2011, 11:20 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081123052306/prowrestling/images/6/6c/Nick-Nemeth.jpg

Lock Jaw
02-12-2011, 11:42 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fWPAWDfJFi8/0.jpg

Providence Peep
02-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe Ziggler just *thinks* (kayfabe) that he won the championship? That the person who sent out Clay Matthews was a returning Teddy Long, and that Ziggler is, in fact, *not* the champion?

Londoner
02-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe Ziggler just *thinks* (kayfabe) that he won the championship? That the person who sent out Clay Matthews was a returning Teddy Long, and that Ziggler is, in fact, *not* the champion?

Yup, was thinking that was the only way they can explain it. They're just teasing.

RaginRonic
02-13-2011, 01:52 AM
And yet, through all this, no one cares about that useless fuckin' momo Dolph Ziggler...or that fat, hairy muumuu VickieZuna. =P

#BROKEN Hasney
02-13-2011, 01:57 AM
They're obviously going to strip him of the title. A face HAS to come out the winner here, since Del Rio has chosen the SmackDown! champion.

So, one of two scenarios, assuming the belt is held up:

1. Edge wins the Chamber. Makes no sense with the story they're going with.
2. Rey wins the Chamber and faces Del Rio at Mania, as Edge faces Dolph.

Personally, I think the second one is the most likely. In fact, I'm pretty much betting on that to happen.

A face doesn't have to. A heel could and drop it later OR triple threat at Mania. Either way, it's doable.

Jordan
02-13-2011, 02:22 AM

LOL

Jordan
02-13-2011, 02:23 AM
And yet, through all this, no one cares about that useless fuckin' momo Dolph Ziggler...or that fat, hairy muumuu VickieZuna. =P

:n::n:

Dolph and Vickie are money baby.

Mr. Nerfect
02-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Ziggler won't be the World Champion, but if he's in Money in the Bank with John Morrison, it's going to be really hard to call a winner.

RaginRonic
02-13-2011, 04:02 AM
:n::n:

Dolph and Vickie are money baby.

Yeah...for attracting a bunch of fags to Dolph's ass and donuts to VickieZuna's XTra Large PieHole. XD

Londoner
02-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah...for attracting a bunch of fags to Dolph's ass and donuts to VickieZuna's XTra Large PieHole. XD

Ssssh, quiet troll.

seapig4
02-13-2011, 09:38 AM

Hush Child!

Beth Phoenix Fan
02-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I mean, all the signs are there. It's obvious that it's Sting!

1) Sting is a former WCW World Champion. The World Title used to be the WCW World Title!

2) Elimination Chamber is in Oakland, which is near San Francisco, which hosted Superbrawl twice. The other major WCW PPV that started with S was Starrcade, which was the event where we finally got to see the dream match (DREAM MATCH! JUST LIKE UNDERTAKER/STING) between Hulk Hogan... and STING!

3)
E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N-C-H-A-M-B-E-R
S-T-I-N-G-I-S-C-O-M-I-N-G-T-O-W-W-E

4) I really really really really want it to be Sting, so it has to be.

5) The National Enquirer had a story about the singer Sting where he was talking about his record contract. Sting has a contract!

Anybody who doesn't think it's Sting is an idiot. I mean, he's obviously the champ going into Mania.

:yes: this what i've been thinking as well, great point loopydate!

Volare
02-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Ziggler won't be the World Champion, but if he's in Money in the Bank with John Morrison, it's going to be really hard to call a winner.

I read this and just got a headache.

Brigstocke
02-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Some seriously defective fuckers posting in the wrestling forums just lately.

VSG
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Funny coming from you, Mr. Socko!

Brigstocke
02-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Didn't I destroy you in a poll recently? I thought you had slunk off into obscurity following your hefty defeat?

VSG
02-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Oh I am sorry, did my farts give the impression that I cared?

Juan
02-13-2011, 11:04 PM
I thought you had quit TPWW

GD
02-14-2011, 03:31 AM
I am glad that you came back for me.

Theo Dious
02-14-2011, 07:02 AM

Nash doesn't break, he tears.