PDA

View Full Version : If Vince loved Stryker as an announcer so much, where is he?

Mjdiesel
02-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Oh and Stryker's announcing ate my asshole like in a 1970s skin flick that was only legal in 11 states--ftw.

He would dissect and overstate everything he liked and what was happening.

Lock Jaw
02-20-2011, 01:50 AM
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/games/mk3/stryker/bio.gif

?

Juan
02-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Who said Vince loved Stryker?

Tazz Dan
02-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Dunno. But I hear Punk is in the doghouse. /overused joke that isn't funny anymore

SOCCER LEGS
02-20-2011, 02:05 AM
stryker sucked cock, glad he's gone

Mjdiesel
02-20-2011, 02:34 AM
this website posted several times, in so many words, Stryker's biggest/only fan was Vince, only reason he was still there.

GD
02-20-2011, 06:43 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/fremenhistory/hate2.JPG

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2011, 08:39 AM
I loved Matt Striker's commentary, and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. He still does Superstars, and with Jerry Lawler working the Elimination Chamber PPV (and perhaps WrestleMania), I could very easily see the PPV commentary team being changed to Michael Cole, Matt Striker & Booker T.

Nicky Fives
02-20-2011, 08:41 AM
nah..... Cole will take over as GM after Mania, leaving King to commentate with Mathews, while Booker, Grisham & Striker on commentary for Smackdown

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2011, 08:45 AM
nah..... Cole will take over as GM after Mania, leaving King to commentate with Mathews, while Booker, Grisham & Striker on commentary for Smackdown

Not unlikely, but I could see Josh Mathews just doing double-duty on RAW and SmackDown! as the new "Voice of the WWE."

James Steele
02-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Striker said "I'm markin' out, bro!" at the Royal Rumble and deservedly got shitcanned from a prime position. Even Mark Madden and Don West didn't say bullshit like that. This is the WWE not ROH or CZW.

ron the dial
02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
lol james steele THIS IS THE WWE

Providence Peep
02-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Striker said "I'm markin' out, bro!" at the Royal Rumble and deservedly got shitcanned from a prime position. Even Mark Madden and Don West didn't say bullshit like that. This is the WWE not ROH or CZW.

Yeah, can you imagine Vince's his reaction when he heard Striker utter those words at the Royal Rumble? I heard he got almost as furious about that as he did when someone tried to blow up his limo with him in it.

It really was a dumb thing for Striker to say, especially since he had to have been clued in about who was coming into the match, but tbh I don't know why there's so much hate on him. Yeah, he tries too hard. Yeah, he thinks he's "cool" or "edgy" because he blows pop culture references out of his ass every 30 seconds. Yeah, he's got 15,000 nicknames that he thinks are clever for everyone. But yeah, he needed time to develop and find his niche. And yeah, he needed some coaching and guidance from a veteran commentator, and do we know if he was getting any of that? And, at the same time, heaven forbid a commentator show some emotion and be genuinely excited by the product. Was a bit over the top at times? Definitely. But does he suck as much as people think? Not at all.

Indifferent Clox
02-20-2011, 03:29 PM
i love love love love love striker.

but you don't say yr marking out on commentary. or use the word mark or work or shoot unless you are triple h or hbk. Especially not in wwe. I know they are trying to use more 'insider terms' but dear God mane"

Swiss Ultimate
02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Vince totally wrote that.

Providence Peep
02-20-2011, 03:47 PM
i love love love love love striker.

but you don't say yr marking out on commentary. or use the word mark or work or shoot unless you are triple h or hbk. Especially not in wwe. I know they are trying to use more 'insider terms' but dear God mane"

It's confusing to me, because at first I thought Vince wanted Striker to be the voice of the IWC. Then he uses the term "mark" and gets blasted for it? The problem is, the only people who would understand his reference of "marking out" at the RR would be people who understood that he knew Booker and Nash were returning. In other words, while some people might have thought Striker's comment was hip, others thought Striker was over-reacting and sounded incredibly fake.

Like I said, I think he just needed some guidance and needed some time to find his niche. He did try to make wrest.... er, Sports Entertainment, have an air of realism (talking about strategy and stuff), which I enjoy. Maybe if more commentators called matches like that, more of the talents would feel the need to learn ring psychology and the product would be improved.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't get what was so bad about Striker's "I'm marking out, bro!" comment. But then again, I don't understand why "belt" is now a dirty word.

Aguakate
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't get what was so bad about Striker's "I'm marking out, bro!" comment. But then again, I don't understand why "belt" is now a dirty word.

They can't refer to us as "fans" now, either...we're the "WWE Universe"...

...it's crazy...

...yet they won't stop calling the wrestlers "Superstars", which is so 90's.