PDA

View Full Version : HBK in HOF: Chris Jericho comments

Providence Peep
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM
In his recent interview with UK Sun’s Rob McNichol, Chris Jericho says Shawn Michaels is the greatest performer to ever grace a wrestling ring - bar none. Chris Jericho said:

“The best way to put it is that Shawn IS the Hall of Fame.”

“There’s nobody that has ever been in the business that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame more than Shawn Michaels. That includes Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin or anybody else.”

“Shawn is the epitome of what the Hall of Fame is because to me he is the best performer of all time. He is not even close to anybody else.”

“You can debate it with me until the cows come home — you can say all you want. You can give me all the facts and figures, it’s not going to change my mind.”

“I’m so excited that he is in the Hall of Fame, but it’s essential that he be in there. If he wasn’t it would be a waste of time.”

Graveler
02-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Jericho kinda sounds like JamesSteele when he talks about Triple H

jskinnyg
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Jericho kinda sounds like JamesSteele when he talks about Triple H

:lol::lol::lol:

The MAC
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
they made love after jericho posted this.

Nicky Fives
02-21-2011, 11:51 AM
He's right...... Shawn might have been a dick and the star performer when WWE was slumping, but no one can put on a better match than Shawn Michaels

Evil Vito
02-21-2011, 11:52 AM
<font color=goldenrod>He's right.

Flair is the only one that comes close IMO.</font>

Snowden
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I love Jericho, and I get where he's coming from...and HBK is on the short list of greatest ever.

HOWEVER, the most deserving HOFer ever is Hogan. He meant the absolute most for the business, and for the most part, he IS the business for those not involved. HBK may have the most talent, but there's plenty of guys who meant more to the business.

Its like, in a sense, arguing about the greatest baseball player ever in the HOF. While you can make a case for a guy like Willie Mays as being the "most deserving," the fact of the matter is that baseball, at one point, WAS Babe Ruth's game.

The MAC
02-21-2011, 03:04 PM
hogan> than all of wrestling

unfortunately..

MoFo
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
The Rock.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Hogan and Rock are already in the hall of fame though

Nicky Fives
02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Shawn is 3/4 as important to wrestling than Hogan (small men generation can succeed rather than roidmonkeys), yet he could actually wrestle...... that's why Shawn is the best ever IMO

Graveler
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Hogan and Rock are already in the hall of fame though

Rock isn't. He inducted Peter Maivia and Rocky Johnson in 2008 though.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh, i stand corrected.

Snowden
02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Shawn is 3/4 as important to wrestling than Hogan (small men generation can succeed rather than roidmonkeys), yet he could actually wrestle...... that's why Shawn is the best ever IMO

Is HBK more talented? Of course. But he's NOWHERE near as important as Hogan was. You can argue that without Hogan, there wouldn't be wrestling on the same national scale as it is now. You can't say the same for HBK, not even close.

HBK was huge IN the business, Hogan WAS the business.