PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Kinect.

D Mac
02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Got my tax refund back today and was in Wal Mart and on a whim picked one up. Also got Kinect Sports and Game Party in Motion.

Definately gonna get Yoostar 2 when it comes out.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
faggot.

G
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
i'm sorry to hear that

G
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
in 2 weeks you'll wish you had that money back

Savio
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
This thread should be stickied so we dont forget to ask him in 2 weeks.

G
02-21-2011, 06:30 PM
the only sticky d mac deserves is the kind running down hetfield's leg

D Mac
02-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Can't wait to show you my great acting skills when I star in the Terminator.

Kane Knight
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
in 2 weeks you'll wish you had that money back

At least his Pro Guitar will have company on eBay.

D Mac
02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Nah it's awesome. Especially Kinect Sports Bowling. You fuckers are just jealous.

G
02-22-2011, 12:46 AM
yeah the gimmick will wear off in 2 weeks. don't kid yourself.

Drakul
02-22-2011, 01:09 AM
I've had Kinect for a while and I still enjoy it. I only have Kinect Adventures and the demos that came on the disc and a couple I've downloaded (one of which is Kinect Sports) but it is fun.
Playing Kinect Adventures online is more fun than playing pretty much any other game online. It's very competitive but in a good way. I've even had other people play with it and enjoy it.

I can't see how anyone can think it's a gimmick now. I could understand that thought when it first came out but seeing how enjoyable it is and how well it does actually work (I've only had one or two screw ups, likely due to lighting.) I think I can safely say that it's not a gimmick.
Hopefully E3 will give us some "real" games for it and more people will give it a shot and not instantly write it off.

Edit: I tried the Sonic Riders demo and it is terrible, so you might want to avoid that one.

D Mac
02-22-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm interested to see the graphic horror one that will be coming out in the fall. They said it might be the first rated M Kinect game.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-22-2011, 03:38 AM
I can't see how anyone can think it's a gimmick now.

Why not? Just because it works doesn't make it any less gimmicky. I've yet to have a gaming experience that has been enhanced by prancing around in front of camera like I'm in some gay meadow or something.

Kane Knight
02-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Nah it's awesome. Especially Kinect Sports Bowling. You fuckers are just jealous.

Says the dude who was slobbering all over pro guitar.

Kane Knight
02-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I can't see how anyone can think it's a gimmick now. I could understand that thought when it first came out but seeing how enjoyable it is and how well it does actually work (I've only had one or two screw ups, likely due to lighting.) I think I can safely say that it's not a gimmick.

Kinect will always be a gimmick because it's first gen technology to capture a fad. Even if this is the future of gaming, it is a gimmick. Period.

Now, Not all gimmicks are bad. Or poorly done. Kinect looks like it has a lot of potential, but that only makes it a gimmick with potential.

"When it first came out" is kind of funny, because it hasn't even been six months.

Boomer
02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
He just wants the Double Fine Sesame Street Kinect game.

Kane Knight
02-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Tim Schafer's best game ever.

illmatic
02-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I've also had a Kinect since before xmas and think its pretty damn fun. Granted I bought it as a X-mas gift for my daughter but after helping her learn how to use it, I realized I actually enjoy playing. I bought her Kinectimals and while it isn't really something I would play alone, it is pretty fun helping her through the challenges. I really didn't think the thing would work as well as it dones. I also have Kinect Adventures and have a great time teaming up with my 3 yr old and being able to actually play together. It has made it possible to be able to play video games with my kid without her just pushing random buttons while trying to play shriek or another one of her lame kids games.

The Kinect is also a lot of fun when I have friends over. I also have a wii and would def say that is much more of a gimmick than the Kinect. I enjoyed the wii for about a week and after that only enjoyed it while playing SSB's or the new mario game.

So while the Kinect experience is nothing like playing a serious game on the box or ps3, it is def a good time and I am happy I bought it. Though I doubt I would have if it weren't as a xmas gift to my daughter.

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Didn't Wii already come out with bowling?

The Jayman
02-22-2011, 11:25 AM
yes. yes it did

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
And isn't that a pretty decent bowling analog. Good job kinect, you did something Wii did 3 years ago.

D Mac
02-22-2011, 02:31 PM
But with Wii you had to hold a controller! This one you don't!

SO THERE

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't mind holding a controller.

D Mac
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I won't accidentally throw it at the TV. :D

Kane Knight
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
But with Wii you had to hold a controller! This one you don't!

SO THERE

I'm going to comment on your lack of balls here.

Kane Knight
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I won't accidentally throw it at the TV. :D
I can see you spastically diving into the TV.