PDA

View Full Version : has anyone actually tuned into TNA because of their "SHOCKING ANNOUNCEMENTS"

Dorkchop
02-23-2011, 10:34 PM
It seems like every other week they tease us and tell us to tune in for some big news and it's either the obvious ex WWE wrestler, never gets mentioned again, and a huge let down (see ex WWE wrestler). They're teasing something again for this Impact. They've been doing this for years and they haven't improved their ratings.

I don't watch TNA anymore, but is this something that interests the TNA fans? What was the last "big news this week on Impact" that actually

Ruien
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I tuned in one time and it was so shocking I forgot what it was.

Lara Emily
02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Nope I tuned in once for a PPV cause I was bored and there was a stream.

Saw the debacle that was Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle in the epic 5 more minutes, 5 more minutes, 5 more minutes there must be a winner, oh nevermind draw/Jeffy Hardy sells a sever ankle injury for 30 seconds thus defeating 90% of the match

Said to myself fuck this and never watched again

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
I watched the Impact where Karen Angle was going to tell all about what happened between Kurt, Jeff and her.

Then they ruined it by just having it be a standard beat down twice with Kurt getting his ass kicked by Jeff jarrett.

TazFTW86
02-23-2011, 11:35 PM
no

Heisenberg
02-23-2011, 11:41 PM
It's getting real hard to get behind them with their TV episodes. They always win me back with their live events though. Always have a good time at those.

dronepool
02-23-2011, 11:47 PM
I haven't payed attention to TNA since the whole ECW 3.0 angle.

MoFo
02-24-2011, 12:00 AM
I herd on teh net that Goldberg was meant to be signing with them and that was their 'huge announcement' a couple of yrs back.

Watched it and it turned out to be a storyline where Mick Foley (who had already been in TNA a while) had bought some TNA shares.

Needless to say I didnt watch it again, only bits and bobs here and there.

Rammsteinmad
02-24-2011, 05:34 AM
I herd on teh net that Goldberg was meant to be signing with them and that was their 'huge announcement' a couple of yrs back.

Watched it and it turned out to be a storyline where Mick Foley (who had already been in TNA a while) had bought some TNA shares.

I'm sure that'll put butts in seats.

RiX1024
02-24-2011, 05:36 AM
No, i watch TNA anyways, shocking announcements or not.

Shadrick
02-24-2011, 06:09 AM
What's TNA?

whiteyford
02-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Think i caught a couple, only decent one was Angle. Watched the 1st feast or fired and laughed my ass off when it got dragged out till Impact, then the next two or Impacts after that. Which sums up TNA quite well really.

Tom Guycott
02-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm sure that'll put butts in seats.

I see what you did there.

bigslimjj
02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
i watch it weekly so no. The only surprises I can remeber actually being worthy of shock value was when Angle arrived,and when RVD arrived. Other then that the best segment I've ever seen on Impact was the giant brawl a while back between like the entire roster where the cops got called.

Innovator
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
TMZ is reporting that former "Jersey Shore" cast mate Angelina Pivarnick signed a short term contract with TNA earlier this week and is scheduled to debut in a tag team program with an unnamed partner against Cookie and Robbie E. She is scheduled to appear on next week's show, which is being taped in Fayetteville, NC tonight. If this is their shocking surprise that they have promoted, I think some of their fans will be disappointed.

ahahahaha

Xero
02-24-2011, 11:04 AM
lol. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I expected better from TNA.

CSL
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I doubt that's the 'shocking announcement' or whatever. They deserve every bit of shit they get if it is though.

The Show Off
02-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Report: Celebrity Spoils TNA Surprise; Dixie Carter Confirms
by Chris Cash
Feb 24, 2011

"Jersey Shore's" Angelina Pivarnick posted on her Twitter page that she needed to "get up in three hours for a day of "TNA training." TMZ then reported that Pivarnick signed a short term contract with TNA and that she would be appearing on next week's show, which is being taped tonight in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Pivarnick is supposed to be working a tag match with an unnamed partner against TNA's Robbie E and Cookie.

TNA President Dixie Carter confirmed that Pivarnick would be making her "wrestling debut" on the 3/3 edition of Impact.

This announcement is not supposed to be the "shocking surprise of the year" that TNA has been promoting all year for the closing minutes of tonight's Impact broadcast.

itsmeJD
02-24-2011, 11:20 AM
The biggest surprise to me is that TNA is only calling this surprise the biggest of the year, and not the biggest of the decade, century, or maybe the biggest surprise in the history of the universe. When Nick Hogan is brought out as the leader of the TNA Originals, the world will be rocked *sigh*

Rollermacka
02-24-2011, 11:39 AM
TMZ is reporting that former "Jersey Shore" cast mate Angelina Pivarnick signed a short term contract with TNA earlier this week and is scheduled to debut in a tag team program with an unnamed partner against Cookie and Robbie E. She is scheduled to appear on next week's show, which is being taped in Fayetteville, NC tonight. If this is their shocking surprise that they have promoted, I think some of their fans will be disappointed.

ahahahaha

I wonder whos gonna be her partner? Ronnie, Vinnie, Paulie, Sleepie, Sneezie, Dopie or maybe even Doc?

bigslimjj
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
The biggest surprise to me is that TNA is only calling this surprise the biggest of the year, and not the biggest of the decade, century, or maybe the biggest surprise in the history of the universe. When Nick Hogan is brought out as the leader of the TNA Originals, the world will be rocked *sigh*I think if Nick and Brooke came in as Steph/Shane type characters it would actually be pretty interesting honestly.Maybe Nick can "go" in the ring? X-pac helped Shane at WM to put on a great match. It's not like they're doing shit else right now. Brooke has her dads genes and could maybe be a knockout. Don't laugh that off so fast.....BROTHER!!

Innovator
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I wonder who would be driving partners with Nick?