PDA

View Full Version : Let's give someone in WWE a streak

Xero
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
They don't have to debut like Goldberg, and preferably they would actually wrestle matches instead of squashes. And it definitely seems like a Vince thing to do something WCW did, but better. IE: Beat Goldberg's Streak.

Who from the current WWE roster would you give a streak to? Would you even do it today? How far would you let it go? Who would break it?

Rammsteinmad
02-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I'd let Natalya streak. :naughty:

Swiss Ultimate
02-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Give it to a dominant heel and make the WWE universe root for his opponents.

Kinda like Triple H...

How about Sheamus?

Innovator
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Sheamus, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan. Any of those guys would benefit from one.

Innovator
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Actually, giving someone who isn't a ridiculous manbeast a winning streak would be different. Like Daniel Bryan or Dolph.

Would be froot.

Rammsteinmad
02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Daniel Bryan would be cool if he did it with his badass 'best wrestler in the world' character. He'd just fucked everyone up, and anyone bigger than him, aka everyone, will just kinda get chopped down one piece at a time.

Still going with my Natalya idea though.

MoFo
02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
I would give it to a jobber like JTG. He would only beat local jobbers on Superstars. The streak would not be mentioned until he hits like 100 wins. Then the commentary would be all like "oh shit JTG is on a roll rite now".

Sort of like Jeff Jarrett's MMA angle, but w/ wrestling instead. JTG would feign injury to get out of matches against legit opposition tho.

Swiss Ultimate
02-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Actually, giving someone who isn't a ridiculous manbeast a winning streak would be different. Like Daniel Bryan or Dolph.

Would be froot.

I agree, but I still want it to be a heel. Give it to ADR.

The Jayman
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
With the way they've got Drew going, it looks like he could suffer a mental breakdown and I'm waiting for him to "snap" on anyone on Smackdown soon. Think about it, Drew goes psychotic and along the way destroys anyone in his way of (Kelly Kelly or the World Title, they can go either way here) because if he can't be happy, no one else should.

This could be a good setup for a McIntyre streak

Snowden
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
This could be a good setup for a McIntyre streak

McIntyre would be a pretty solid bet, but they already did a streak with him...I believe his first 6 months he was billed as undefeated.

And yeah, I'd give it to a smaller guy. Hell, have Punk carry a streak, primarily due to shenanigans from Nexus and such. If he comes out there with Nexus, spouting off about how he hasn't lost in 6 months, it would be pretty damn fantastic for the stable.

whiteyford
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Would have liked to see Kaval get this to end his losing streak. Someone like Danial Bryan or Drew McIntyre would benefit more than a monster like Mason Ryan i think, Drew came off as pretty vicious in the chamber match and an angle like this could help him get over.

JimmyMess
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Mason Ryan

The Jayman
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
McIntyre would be a pretty solid bet, but they already did a streak with him...I believe his first 6 months he was billed as undefeated.

You are correct but it was kind of a different situation. He was getting decisions reversed with the whole "Chosen One" thing. It more or less played into his and Teddy Long's fued

The Naitch
02-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Teddy Long

Ultra Mantis
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
You are correct but it was kind of a different situation. He was getting decisions reversed with the whole "Chosen One" thing. It more or less played into his and Teddy Long's fued

He did have a legit undefeated streak for roughly 5 months before that, personally I didn't find him interesting at all until he randomly started jobbing. Del Rio seemed to be going down the win streak but he lost fairly early and was much better for it.

Also prior to winning MITB, I seem to remember Jack Swagger starting an undefeated angle and losing to Evan Bourne in under a minute about three weeks into it.

Xero
02-24-2011, 01:40 PM
I think they dropped the Swagger thing because Cena claimed that he would "never lose until he won the WWE Championship", which, of course, was also dropped.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-24-2011, 01:53 PM
They should bring in the KoW and do a tag team winning streak...

A streak would work for Daniel Bryan due to his style. The issue though, is that a long streak usually results in a world title run, which he isn't, and sadly may never, be ready for. Nevertheless, it would work with his style.

Brodus Clay could be "monster" type streak.

Knowing WWE though, if they did it at this point, it'd be Santino.

Lara Emily
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Wade Barrett because they need to give him something to do for god sakes.

kareru
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
isn't Del Rio on a streak?
i can't remember if he has lost a match or not

seapig4
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I always thought that when they brought in Taz he should have gone on a winning streak. But a winning streak is always a good way to get somebody over who isn't good on the mic, saying that though I'd love to see Mistico come in after wrestlemania and have a bad ass winning streak leading up to him beating del rio for the title at survivor series

loopydate
02-24-2011, 03:43 PM
isn't Del Rio on a streak?
i can't remember if he has lost a match or not

<a href="http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109809">Four times in 2011.</a>

Xero
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
No one is undefeated this year, excluding those who haven't wrestled.

Indifferent Clox
02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Daniel Bryan

Lock Jaw
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Let's give someone in WWE a steak.

I say Daniel Bryan. If he eats some meat and buys a TV, maybe Michael Cole will stop burying him.

The Pope
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Alberto Del Rio

thedamndest
02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't think any streak has really worked beyond Goldberg. They seem like they're mainly a way to get over a big guy. Umaga, Kozlov, Snitsky, I think Ezekial Jackson, and McIntyre have had varying degrees of success after their streaks. I guess it depends what the ultimate goal of the streak is. For Goldberg it culminated in a championship. For the other guys it made them some level of threat for awhile and then just fizzled out.

I guess the main difference between Goldberg and those I mentioned would be that Goldberg was the face. He beat all of WCW before getting to Hogan. The other guys were dominant heels so in that sense it's easier to have them not win a title at the end of the streak because your face is who the people want to see walk out with the belt.

Brigstocke
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Angle was unbeaten for an eternity when he first arrived in WWE, Until Taz choked his face off.

I liked the idea and was hoping that Mason Ryan would come in on a Goldbergesque run.

Volare
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Yoshi Tatsu is undefeated at Wrestlemania, there we go.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Daniel Bryan came to my mind. It'd fit his "Best in the World" character, and since they seem to want to get Bryan over as this fantastic wrestler, a fantastic wrestler should really win all the time. Eventually you have Bryan enter the King of the Ring, win that, and then go after the WWE Championship. Heading into that match, his opponent can cost him a match for the US Title, and that adds heat to the WWE Title program. It'd also be similar (you know, minus the whole streak thing) to how Cena first captured the WWE Title.

But if I had to choose someone to be a monster, it'd be Tyler Reks. The guy is pretty much never talked about on here, but I've really been enjoying his work on Superstars. The man has good size, good psychology and good athleticism. That he has presence and a look helps, as well. Just have him destroy everyone.

Tom Guycott
02-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Bryan is the immediate choice, but I have one that we started seeing and then it went away. Also, for this to happen, DB would have to drop the belt. The upside to this would be the return of one phrase...

"Bring up the HONK-A-METER!!!"

That's right, people... the return of Santino on the road to "becoming the greatest Intertontinental Championie of all of the times!" With the aid of the Cobra, he could be well on his way to beating the 54 week streak of the "Honky-Donkey-Man".

RiX1024
02-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Either Daniel Bryan or Mason Ryan.

dronepool
02-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Daniel Bryan.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Santino Marella on a winning streak would be interesting. Not necessarily the best choice, but certainly interesting.

RiX1024
02-26-2011, 12:01 PM
yeah a flukey streak for Marella.

Fox
02-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Goldberg's streak was a phenomenon. He wasn't really doing anything spectacular in the ring to garner such a huge fan base. There's just something about his look and his in-ring style that made people LOVE watching him kill people. It'd take the right type of person to do that again in the WWE, and right now I have no idea who that could be. I don't think it's anyone on the current roster - it'd have to be someone coming in new and fresh and who could be undefeated, without a previous history in the WWE.

loopydate
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Bryan is the immediate choice, but I have one that we started seeing and then it went away. Also, for this to happen, DB would have to drop the belt. The upside to this would be the return of one phrase...

"Bring up the HONK-A-METER!!!"

That's right, people... the return of Santino on the road to "becoming the greatest Intertontinental Championie of all of the times!" With the aid of the Cobra, he could be well on his way to beating the 54 week streak of the "Honky-Donkey-Man".

If it hadn't been for his Wellness violation, I still think Santino would have built up to a showdown with HTM over "the streak." He was getting over with it and it would have led to some more great comedy and possibly helped build Santino as an actual in-ring threat as he continued to beat people he "shouldn't."

El Fangel
02-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Wade Barrett because they need to give him something to do for god sakes.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Think a Cena streak is what the company needs right now.

Onyx
02-27-2011, 02:43 AM
There was an interview Triple H did about Goldberg when Goldberg was in the WWE. He talked about how one of the reasons he never got over (in his opinion, anyway) was that the WWE didn't have and endless supply of wrestlers for him to plow through like WCW seemed to have at the time. Let's face it, the WWE has a fairly good sized roster when you add both shows together, but even then it doesn't hold a candle to the roster WCW had when Goldberg debuted. A streak would not work in the WWE because it would only take a few months to go through everyone on Raw or Smackdown before the guy would have to either start repeating opponents or switch shows. You could get longer out of them if they would have a feud with certain guys, but how boring would it be to see one person lose to the same guy over and over (besides, don't John Cena opponents suffer this humiliation enough?).

Besides that, WWE creative has ADD when it comes to long term storylines. Even if they decided to give someone a streak, they'd ultimately forget about it or get bored with it within two months. WCW was notorious for making storylines last too long, and the WWE is notorious for not letting them last long enough.

And if the streak did manage to beat Goldberg's, then what? The streak became Goldberg's entire gimmick, and when it ended, there was nothing really special about him anymore. Personally the night Goldberg lost the title to Kevin Nash was the day I stopped caring about Goldberg.

Onyx
02-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Come to think of it, one streak I think would be halfway interesting would be a winning streak over a guy who almost never loses. For example, if someone (anyone) always beat John Cena. You have Cena, the face of the WWE, who almost always comes out on top. What if there was one guy he could just never beat. This guy could lose to anyone else, but he would always come out on top against Cena. And not only that, but he would always win legitimately. Now that would be interesting.

Aguakate
02-27-2011, 03:00 AM
Sheamus