PDA

View Full Version : HYPOTHETICAL: CM Punk as Savior of WWE *Raw Spoiler*

Lock Jaw
03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
*Noid Post skip to the HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION part if you want to get to the point*

So, CM Punk is getting revenge on Randy Orton for something Orton did two years ago.

Less than a year ago when the Nexus debuted, they didn't just beat down John Cena, but they beat down CM Punk as well.

It would seem to me that a man who remembers what happened two years ago would remember what happened less than a year ago.

Nevertheless, he has now joined Nexus as their new leader. However, under his rule Nexus lost their previous leader Wade Barrett, they have lost Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Husky Harris, and now Michael Mcgillicutty.

First he got the other members to turn on Barrett and accept him as leader, and got Barrett shipped off to Smackdown. Then through his harsh initiations he got Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater to leave.

In his feud with Orton, he manipulated both Orton and the members of Nexus to lead to situations where Husky and McGillicutty got punted... while he did nothing to stop it. Indeed, in both cases, Punk just stood at the top of the ramp and told Randy "No, don't do it", which obviously makes him want to do it more. Only after the punt did Punk and the other members try to chase Orton off. They could have easily intervened in both situations before the punt.

So now we are down to David Otunga and Mason Ryan. Mason Ryan could be the only legit guy who Punk has on his side, since he brought him in. Let's say both of these guys make it past WM.

Otunga was the one who initially was planting the seeds for ousting Barrett as leader, and the one who let Punk in the door... so only fitting he be last to go... as the day after WM, Punk has Mason Ryan destroy Otunga. They then both rip off the Nexus armbands and raise their hands in victory while Cole goes "WHAAAAAAT IS GOING ONNNNN?!"

So. HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION. Punk comes out the next week and reveals his diabolical plan. He has legitimately been using Nexus in his agendas against Cena and Orton... but at the same time he has been purposefully destabilizing Nexus from within. He remembered what they did to him on their debut. He took the stable that was running roughshod over the WWE, and ended it. He did what Cena could not do. Cena tried to solve the problem with brutality and aggression, while Punk has worked from within to break their spirit. He used his intelligence and subtlety. He puts Mason Ryan over as the man who helped him, and as a kindred spirit.

From there on out Punk gets to continue to play up that he is the Good Guy, and the Savior of the WWE.

*END POST*

McLegend
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
CM Punk is no Savior.

McLegend
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
That is a good idea though.

DaBrasko
03-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Book it!

DaBrasko
03-01-2011, 12:34 AM
CM Punk is no Savior.

That's the beauty of it, He isn't. Number one rule to being a great heel is to believe that what ever you are doing is right.

McLegend
03-01-2011, 12:34 AM
There is only one Savior.

Lara Emily
03-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Fuck yeah might as well, that's the best way to end Nexus and quite frankly it's time for it to die anyway.

Indifferent Clox
03-01-2011, 01:01 AM
great idea

Lock Jaw
03-01-2011, 01:30 AM
So in actuality, I guess CM Punk would be ruining Nexus.

dronepool
03-01-2011, 01:37 AM
I like it.

blak23
03-01-2011, 03:21 AM
i can get down with it

Jakob Synn
03-01-2011, 04:00 AM
I don't see it happening. WWE is too high on Punk being a heel that turning him face or even semi-face would be a bad decision.

Lara Emily
03-01-2011, 04:13 AM
This doesn't turn him face.

JimmyMess
03-01-2011, 07:24 AM
I don't see it happening. WWE is too high on Punk being a heel that turning him face or even semi-face would be a bad decision.

This definitely still keeps him heel

Mr. Nerfect
03-01-2011, 08:24 AM
It's not a bad idea, actually. Punk using Cena and Orton as weapons against the men who attacked him and destroying the group whilst furthering his personal issue with Orton would be AMAZING. But it does lead to a question: Why bring in Mason Ryan? To push Orton and Cena further? Perhaps someone like Ryan is just expendable to Punk? It also leads to a moment where Punk has been defeated by Orton, and as he is getting to his feet, he finds himself surrounded by Otunga, Ryan, McGillicutty and even Harris. Punk goes "Aw, shit" and then gets his ass kicked by a Nexus that has a more renegade face attitude -- which could move some t-shirts.

I don't think the group should be disbanded. McGillicutty is the only guy ready to go out on his own, and he's getting more time to shine near the main event with them at the moment. I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted away to SmackDown! to feud with his former Pro, Kofi Kingston, but that could wait.

Otunga, Ryan & McGillicutty could work as a pretty decent face unit, in my opinion. Otunga is someone the WWE would clearly like to be a star, as is Ryan. McGillicutty is a solid hand with a pedigree. I see no reason the Nexus could not eventually turn face from a situation like this, and become bigger stars for stepping out onto their own.

But the beauty of Punk's heel character is the subtle hypocrisy of it. Yeah, he remembers what Orton did to him -- but he understands and appreciates what the Nexus did to him. It's selective and not without prejudice, and that is what makes Punk such an effective and disdainful heel.

The scenario suggested is great, though. Orton takes out Nexus, gloats about it (in his non-over the top, Ortonesque way) and Punk is all "You did exactly what I wanted to do. The Nexus wronged me, and you were a pawn in taking them out, now I am going to destroy you all by myself -- because I'm that great." It'd turn up the intensity of the feud, that's for sure.

MoFo
03-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Punk needs to go back to announcing.

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
The biggest flaw I see with this is that Otunga is the only member of the group that was in the group when they attacked Punk.

Nicky Fives
03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I've seen worse ideas for storylines booked on WWE programming than this...... I love it.....

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2011, 06:50 AM
The biggest flaw I see with this is that Otunga is the only member of the group that was in the group when they attacked Punk.

But that can be brought up by Mathews as reasons to doubt Punk. He could also mention Slater, Gabriel & Barrett being "run off RAW," too.