PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S A BETTER LOOK?: Live Hip-Hop Band or 3 Man Group (3 MCs + produced beats)

The Naitch
03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Been affiliated with this hip-hop group since 2009, but now the group is breaking up, leaving 2 members out of it. They quit.

My original plan was to front my own live band (ie. The Roots, Crown City Rockers) by myself or possibly with another MC or should I join the remaining 2 and start a new group, re-inventing ourselves?

Basically, what do you think is a better look?

-Live band, instruments. But requires more work (for practicing). I think there's more longevity in a band, and looks more mature. Something about having a band in hip-hop looks cooler and different. Although finding the right people to play the music could be a challenge. It may take time

-3 man group with produced beats, the typical hip-hop route. It's easier this way. One of the guys MCs and produces dope beats anyways, so I like that I can leave the music up to him. Trust. He can make sick beats fairly quickly, like clockwork. I did a bit of producing myself for the original group, but I won't do anything with it here. My beats aren't that great anyways.

We are pretty much "hip-hoppers with a punk rock lifestyle"