PDA

View Full Version : Santino needs to become a hilarious badass

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks to the lack of creativity within WWE, Santino's character, while awesome, has hit a roadblock. It's at a standstill. The "goofy Santino" character is just going nowhere right now.

I feel like the next logical step is to throw his shoot fighting background into the mix while keeping with his other strong point of amazing comedy.

My idea is to have Santino and Kozlov get one last rematch for the tag titles. After a loss, Kozlov turns on Santino and just destroys him for a good 2 or 3 minutes in the ring. Santino starts coming out on crutches, selling that Kozlov may have ended his career (Still keeping the goofiness about him). Kozlov challenges Santino to a match which Santino without hesitation says no to. Completely pusses out of it. At this point, William Regal comes out and basically tells Santino to man up and stop being a pussy.

Santino heals and Regal finally convinces him to accept Kozlov's challenge telling him he will train him for the match. This is followed up by weeks of half-comedic, half serious vignettes of Regal training Santino (Which I think we can all agree would be GOLD.) Leading up to the match where Santino mixes comedic "Did I just do that!?" reactions with some great Regal-esque offense that we know he is capable of and in the end wins the match, even to his surprise.

This could lead to a Regal-Kozlov match where Kozlov wants revenge on the mentor, among other things. And Santino could easily now have no roof as to where he could go with his comedy character since he would also be bad-ass as fuck and realistically beat anyone in the company.

So this was my idea as a Santino fan and a Regal fan as well. But it's way more than what WWE would be willing to do and I want to slap someone for that.

Mr. C
03-10-2011, 03:50 PM
How this starts in my own mind, on a RAW, Randy Orton harmlessly mocks Santino Marella, asking him, “When was the last time you won a match anyway?” This is the end of it, or so it seems…

Now we fast forward a week, Orton, about to go to the ring, gets totally decimated by, of all people, Santino. He does this yelling, “Nobody will laugh at me anymore!” Have him put together a string of wins with a solid finisher and win the United States title.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
So he snaps basically?

Vastardikai
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I wonder if a Minoru Suzuki-like character could work here. (legit badass but has a goofy streak.)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5O5y2iVqCfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

El Tigre
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM
That guys suit looks like a cross between Jet Jaguar and MechaGodzilla, God... This is why I love Japanese wrestling, for the random shit like that.

On the subject of Santino, I think both he as well as his fans would benefit from a revamp, nothing major, just something to give him some credence in the business. However, in the realm of the PG era, there will always be a need for someone to be out there just for the laughs. Unfortunately, that individual will probably always be Santino.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2011, 08:57 PM
There's no need for the laughs to go away though in the situation I've come up with. I think the PG era could really benefit from a comedic, lovable mega-star.

El Tigre
03-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I can agree with that, but when it comes to "comedic, lovable mega-star" I believe that's what they have Cena for.

Don't get me wrong, with the state that the WWE's tag division is in, Satino would definitely be better off as a single competitor, and your idea for him would be entertaining to see.

Vastardikai
03-11-2011, 02:57 AM
That guys suit looks like a cross between Jet Jaguar and MechaGodzilla, God... This is why I love Japanese wrestling, for the random shit like that.

On the subject of Santino, I think both he as well as his fans would benefit from a revamp, nothing major, just something to give him some credence in the business. However, in the realm of the PG era, there will always be a need for someone to be out there just for the laughs. Unfortunately, that individual will probably always be Santino.

The guy in the suit is Mecha Mummy. The guy playing straight man off of him is Suzuki. Suzuki kicked Ken Shamrock's ass on numerous occasions in Pancrase (waaaaay back before Ken started taking dives for money), and is one HELL of a Catch Wrestler. He does the goofy stuff more for fun these days.

I don't see why they CAN'T play up Santino's legit background and let him be funny.

Schlomey
03-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I like the original posters idea actually.

Mr. Nerfect
03-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Santino really should be pushed seriously. Training with Vladimir Kozlov is enough to really give Marella a credibility boost. But you could even see vignettes of Marella training with certain legends. Maybe have a Steve Blackman cameo? Marella is then ready to climb the ranks.

#1-norm-fan
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I'd much prefer just one legend training him. And it gives Regal something major to do. His style makes it very realistic that he would be the one to teach Santino since they are similar. I really wanna see Regal as a major, all-around respected badass face.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2011, 05:30 AM
I dunno give him MITB then you'd have a reason to have him on TV.

RiX1024
03-13-2011, 07:34 AM
he's one of the most entertaining guys on RAW, getting Kozlov to turn him serious competitor instead of a goofy good guy. he still can be funny though until the bell rings.

jerichoholicninja
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
If they could push Kozlov as the badass he looks like him and Santino could be similar to the APA. Two guys having fun and cracking jokes but then go and kick everyone's ass.

Rollermacka
03-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I actually like Santino and Koslov where they are right now. Koslov is great just kinda standing behind Santino with that big shit eating grin on his face. I didnt care for Santino as a heel
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PN61nRaaHHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I much perfer him as a goofball face,
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a49mx8PFUnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Side note, for those who enjoyed that song
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/826PTEuHKhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw
03-13-2011, 08:56 PM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6685/tromboneforever.gif

Lara Emily
03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Santino's great period face or heel