PDA

View Full Version : Missed Opportunity: Diesel at Wrestlemania

thebladejob.com
03-14-2011, 11:29 AM
It is hard to ignore the raucous crowd reaction that Kevin Nash received when he returned, as Diesel, at the Royal Rumble. It seems, however, that WWE can and is ignoring it for some reason. Recently it was announced that Nash will host a Wrestlemania party in downtown Atlanta along with fellow Klique member Sean Waltman. It is mind boggling that the person who received the loudest reception out of the forty participants in the Rumble is not being utilized at the company’s biggest event.

As interesting as Diesel’s return was, his stare down with Big Show was equally as attention-grabbing. It looks like WWE is setting up some sort of showdown between the Corre and a team lead by Show at Wrestlemania. Nash seems like a perfect fit for this match. He and Big Show have a long history from their days in WCW. Now that Big Daddy Cool is returning to the company as a fan favorite, he could join forces with Show as a means of redemption for nearly ending the Giant’s career with a powerbomb that almost crippled him thirteen years ago.

Diesel would also give the match something it is greatly lacking, microphone skills. None of the Corre members have displayed much verbal prowess and Big Show, while very charismatic and entertaining, is not a wonder on the stick either. Nash’s ability to sell a match with his personality and verbal abilities is just what this one dimensional match needs.

It’s no secret that at this point in his career Diesel is not a mat technician, and frankly he never was. But, if you throw him into a multi-person match, Nash can still get the job done. He is still big, intimidating, and has the star power to give a mid card match the feel of being something special. Diesel is also perfect to be the man to do the job (lose the match) in order to get the Corre over as a legitimate force to be reckoned with. The rub the group would get from beating an established star and legit badass like Kevin Nash would launch the group out of mediocrity and into superstardom. Then WWE could save their current stars from having to lose to a squad of rookies with no Wrestlemania experience.
WWE is really missing out on a great chance to add one more big name to their biggest event and to give the Corre members back some of the momentum they lost since the original Nexus storyline ended.

Agree? Disagree?

Supreme Olajuwon
03-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Stop copy/pasting shit you posted elsewhere. It's fucking annoying.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
And then you don't ever post any follow up. You just post your stupid columns so we'll go to your stupid website. Fuck that.

ron the dial
03-14-2011, 11:51 AM
i love when wrestling forum topics feel like high school newspaper articles.

JimmyMess
03-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree, but I'm a Kevin Nash mark to begin with. Nash can always add something to a contest, like him or not.

CSL
03-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Dude in yr. sig needs to find a gym sonnnn

BigDaddyCool
03-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Nash is the greatest wrestler of all time.

thedamndest
03-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Disagree. He got a huge Rumble reaction because he was a surprise entrant in the Rumble. Those don't last. His presence on the card would be overshadowed by Rock and now Austin. And finally, I don't give a shit about his Show tease. We've seen that a bunch of times already. Just let Show put over Barrett and move on.

VSG
03-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Nash is best off behind the scenes now and even as the GM, not in the ring even attempting to wrestle. I would love to have him join Cole and Mathews in the announce booth for Raw actually.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I was as happy as anybody to see Diesel and Booker T, but given how far the WWE has come in terms of it's roster and moving past the veterans, I don't for a second want them to start pushing them again.

I'm happy with Booker settling into the announce booth, and think Diesel should either do the same or work some non-wrestling role.
I would be fine with him wrestling one more match or being a suprise tag team partner or something, but ultimately, that would just be the same thing again. What's the point there?
Then after that, the same people would say the same thing.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Nah, Diesel should show up when you least expect it.

He should cost Curt Hawkins a match on Superstars in 6 months.

MoFo
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
He should resurrect the nWo.

XL
03-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Diesel would also give the match something it is greatly lacking, microphone skills. None of the Corre members have displayed much verbal prowess and Big Show, while very charismatic and entertaining, is not a wonder on the stick either. Nash’s ability to sell a match with his personality and verbal abilities is just what this one dimensional match needs.
Wade Fuckin' Barrett anyone?

XL
03-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Plus, when John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Christian, etc don't have anything cemented for Mania at this point, the last thing they need to do is be finding a way to use Nash.

Wolfpack423
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Plus, when John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Christian, etc don't have anything cemented for Mania at this point, the last thing they need to do is be finding a way to use Nash.

Adding Kevin Nash to that match wouldn't be bad, plus Christian should be in the World Title match. I assume they may go that way, but I'm not 100% certain. Kofi would be the fourth guy on that team, though he should have a bigger match as IC champ, but he won't so it's the best thing for him. The only thing I hate is all these guys you have listed are more talented than the WWE champion, The Miz. That is my opinion and I still don't see what is so good about him.

CSL
03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I do think that this year WrestleMania should go NASH.

CSL
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm Kevin Nash. 6'10. 305 lbs. I've been winning since my Mom's water broke

BigDaddyCool
03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Nash is going to win money in the bank by reaching slightly.

Eklipse
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Nash will return as "Fake Kane" after WrestleMania.

Nicky Fives
03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Wrestlemania has not past yet, thus it is not a wasted opportunity.....

Shisen Kopf
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Nash should dress up as fake Razor Ramon. Then they can bring Scott Hall in as fake diesel and have them wrestle fake Kane and fake Undertaker in a Judy bagwell on a pole match. Epic.

Stickman
03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
He should resurrect the nWo.

Nah, just the nwo wolfpac

Fox
03-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Triple H should start teasing the fact that he has a few aces and kings up his sleeve for Undertaker a WrestleMania, and that he has a "clique" that is going to guarantee that he walks out of Mania as the only person to ever defeat Undertaker at the grandest stage of them all.

Then, at WrestleMania, when it looks like Undertaker is rallying for the big win, X-Pac shows up and tries to help Triple H, only to take a Chokeslam through a table. Hunter goes for a Pedigree but it gets turned into a Last Ride and Diesel shows up to stop the move. He brawls with Taker but gets planted with a Tombstone for his troubles. Trips rallies again, but Taker boots him over the top rope. Taker turns around and eats Sweet Chin Music. Trips gets back into the ring and nails the Pedigree for the win.

The Kliq wins!

XL
03-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Y'know that'd be pretty good...

...if it didn't put a bunch of old guys over for breaking The Streak.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Y'know that'd be pretty good...

...if it didn't put a bunch of old guys over for breaking The Streak.

OH NO. NOT THE STREAK

http://moretalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pta-has-disbanded.gif?w=288&h=216

Nightwing
03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Diesel should face A-Train at Wrestlemania.

Diesel Power finds itself on the tracks trying to not get derailed.

The Show Off
03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Nah, just the nwo wolfpac

Nah he should reform The Band... or The Millionare's Club... or The Main Event Mafia.

Joesgonnakillyou
03-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Nash should appear at wrestlemania.

I'll need a piss break.

Nightwing
03-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Nah he should reform The Band... or The Millionare's Club... or The Main Event Mafia.

Or The Insiders

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/fishbulb-suplex/Wrestlers/Tag%20Teams/Insiders/m14.jpg

The Show Off
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Or The Insiders

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/fishbulb-suplex/Wrestlers/Tag%20Teams/Insiders/m14.jpg

I loved The Insiders, they should do that in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of DDP's first Wrestlemania appearance.

XL
03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Going by WWE's understanding of 'anniversary' that would have been last year.

Aguakate
03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Nash should dress up as fake Razor Ramon. Then they can bring Scott Hall in as fake diesel and have them wrestle fake Kane and fake Undertaker in a Judy bagwell on a pole match. Epic.

Diesel as Fake Razor teaming up Razor as Fake Diesel vs Fake Kane and Fake Undertaker...

...I think I just got a headache.