PDA

View Full Version : SD spoiler... BDCA?

Juan
03-15-2011, 11:11 PM
WWE Smackdown (Airing this Friday):

World Heavyweight Champion Edge comes to the ring to open the show. He'll face Brodus Clay in the opening bout. Edge hit the Spear on Clay to win the match. After the match, Alberto Del Rio came in and started attacking the World Heavyweight Champion. Christian came out and made the save before Teddy Long came out. Long announces Del Rio will face Christian in a Steel Cage Match later tonight.

WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. WWE United States Champion Sheamus. Winner via Brogue Kick, Sheamus.

Backstage, Big Show and Kane attempt to chokeslam one another but neither can execute the move.

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes beat Trent Barreta in a squash match. Rhodes had new entrance music.

Layla defeated Kelly Kelly. Michelle McCool was on commentary for the match. It was a typical Divas match. Kelly controlled most of the match, but Layla knocked Kelly off the turnbuckle after a distraction from McCool and got the win.

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater vs. Big Show & Kane for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Winners via disqualification, Big Show & Kane. After the match, a brawl ensues with The Corre dominating Show and Kane.

Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters. Not enough time to make it good but served its purpose. Swagger won with the ankle lock, then Michael Cole came out of his Cole Mine and did the ankle lock on Masters as well.

Rey Mysterio defeated Ted DiBiase (w/Maryse). A good showing from both guys with a few botched spots here and there. Ted continues to lose, but at least he made it to TV this week!

Christian defeated Albert Del Rio in a steel cage match. Solid main event. Both guys worked really hard. There were some cool spots and some near falls that really had the crowd going. Christian won by escaping the cage when the two got tangled up. Before Del Rio could attack Christian, Edge appeared in Del Rio's car. He threatened to destroy it before Brodus Clay made the save and the two destroyed Edge with a con-chair-to on Edge's arm to close the show.

Juan
03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
No more Smoke & Mirrors :-\

Also, weren't E&C supposed to challenge for the tag titles? I dunno, maybe it was the dark main event.

Droford
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Edge and Christian are now Big Show and kane obviously.

Also, do I smell IC/US unification version 2?

Lara Emily
03-15-2011, 11:19 PM
what's that another Corre vs Big Show DQ finish? Colour me shocked. Lame.

Loose Cannon
03-15-2011, 11:21 PM

Also, weren't E&C supposed to challenge for the tag titles? I dunno, maybe it was the dark main event.

yea, that was advertised all over Raw. unless I was seeing things. what happened there

CSL
03-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I came in here borderline wetting myself like an excited puppy that Diesel was on this show. I will never forgive you for this.

CSL
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Juan's rep sheet:

http://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif CSLgapintherepFor being a Nazi.

Neg rep in post form because I'm not a monster.

Juan
03-15-2011, 11:28 PM
I came in here borderline wetting myself like an excited puppy that Diesel was on this show. I will never forgive you for this.

lol didn't even think of that. My bad

Lock Jaw
03-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Christian. :love:

GD
03-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Are we going to have a "Money in the Bank" Ladder match this year at Wrestlemania?

Volare
03-15-2011, 11:56 PM
I think they would've announced it by now and already had all the participants.

GD
03-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Also, do I smell IC/US unification version 2?

They will unify them at Mania and call it the Unified Mid-Carder Championship.

Lock Jaw
03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Are we going to have a "Money in the Bank" Ladder match this year at Wrestlemania?

All signs point to no.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM

No, the dark match was the Corre and Del Rio v Kofi, Christian, Kane, and Mysterio. Undertaker came out during the dark match and scared Heath Slater which allowed the face team to hit him with every one of their finishers and win.

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Hmm, now I wonder if Sheamus will face Kofi in a title vs title match.

I prefer the Danielson matchup personally, but the honest truth is Kofi takes priority when it comes to getting on the card.

Perhaps it will be multiple man.

I also wouldn't be suprised if, as a confident new champion, he issues an open challenge and they go for some suprise match.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Also it looks like Bigshow got hurt, for reals. He was wincing and holding his arm. He was really in pain.

On a personal note, I have never seen so many fucking kids at a wrestling show. The PG era, more like the G era. The matches were all crap. Nothing but punching and kicking with an occasional slam.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:05 AM
So no, not BDCA approved. I Don't get me wrong, I had fun and enjoyed it. Loved Christian getting the win. But I came to see wrestling, not taunting and brawling.

GD
03-16-2011, 12:07 AM
And since when did Kane turn face?

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Tonight apparently.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Also the Christian Cage match (see what I did there) was the best match only because all the other matches sucked on toast. What I am use to or remember being use too, that is was a barely acceptable match.

GD
03-16-2011, 12:14 AM
I hope they book a Fatal 4 Way / Triple Threat TLC match for the WWE Tag Team titles at Wrestlemania.

Lock Jaw
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Kane has got to have the highest face/heel turn number in history. Big Show probably ranks up there as well.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
I hope they get out of this crap and start having matches that are worth watching.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Kane has got to have the highest face/heel turn number in history. Big Show probably ranks up there as well.

At this point, they should just give up on turning either of them, leave them as tweeners that can come out and fill in the blanks when need be.

Lara Emily
03-16-2011, 12:19 AM

I'd actually go with Show being #1 considering the amount of turns he had in WCW. (He joined then left then joined the nWo how many times?)

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Lastly, on another personal note, I had the dude in front of me cracking up with every smart ass comment I made about the matches. Calling that Clay fellow the Stay Puft Marshmallow man and such.

Fignuts
Why is christian getting a clean win over Alberto del rio here?

BigDaddyCool
I'd actually go with Show being #1 considering the amount of turns he had in WCW. (He joined then left then joined the nWo how many times?)

I think he joined and left the nWo 3 times on one Nitro.

Jordan
I bet they will unify the US/IC title in a four way with the Black/Irish/Scott/Vegan

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:21 AM

Cause at last he is on his own?

VSG
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Did you finally take a sign with you?

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:25 AM
No, my cousin did. I'm glad I didn't, I don't know who half the roster is, and don't really give a shit.

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 12:37 AM

Well, Edge distracted Del Rio and cost him the match, it looks like...so it just adds fuel to the feud...

...and makes it more likely that Del Rio will win at WM (and perhaps Christian will turn on Edge?)

Lara Emily
03-16-2011, 12:42 AM

That's kinda what I was wondering. Should have had Edge hit him with a chair allowing Christian to win, then had Punk Rock Bundy attack Edge and the rest could be the same

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 12:47 AM
That's kinda what I was wondering. Should have had Edge hit him with a chair allowing Christian to win, then had Punk Rock Bundy attack Edge and the rest could be the same

Lately WWE is incorporating "mind games" into their feuds, so...

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:47 AM
No. It was a clean win. No distractions. I was kind of wondering why that happened myself.

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Nobody can ever win clean in WWE anymore. I honestly never thought I'd see the day where Christian winning a big match clean would be met with doubt.

It also doesn't appear as if Del Rio really got jobbed. It's to advance the feud

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 12:49 AM
No. It was a clean win. No distractions. I was kind of wondering why that happened myself.

Probably because Del Rio is a heel and they'd send em home happy. Let Christian pick up a win.

Del Rio debuted six months ago and won the Royal Rumble. If everyone is right in their fears that Miz is going to lose, then Del Rio is probably going to win the world title at Wrestlemania.
And if he doesn't he almost certainly will before summer.

So fair play

Lara Emily
03-16-2011, 12:50 AM
It doesn't make sense of Christian to win clean this close to Wrestlemania against the guy that's supposed to be Edge's big threat.

No one is saying Christian should not have won, just not clean. It serves no purpose really.

Ermaximus
03-16-2011, 12:50 AM
I hope they book a Fatal 4 Way / Triple Threat TLC match for the WWE Tag Team titles at Wrestlemania.

Involving who? WWE barely even has that many tag teams.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:54 AM
It just doesn't make any sense to have del rio lose in a match against Christian if they are trying to make del rio a wrestlemania maineventer.

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Meanwhile, over on Raw the heel is dominating heading into Wrestlemania, and it's met with equal concern because it apparently indicates he will not win said main event.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Meanwhile, over on Raw the heel is dominating heading into Wrestlemania, and it's met with equal concern because it apparently indicates he will not win said main event.
That is because John Cena always over comes the odds. And Miz has to be booked like Doomsday if he wants to last a minute against Cena.

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 01:04 AM
But can he overcome The Great One!

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes.

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 01:08 AM
You can only find out LIVE on PPV

Lara Emily
03-16-2011, 01:11 AM

Context is important

the heel who is beating up the face is the face's Wrestlemania opponent, and they aren't in matches and it is always a blindside attack, and the face is John Cena.

Emperor Smeat
03-16-2011, 01:33 AM
It doesn't make sense of Christian to win clean this close to Wrestlemania against the guy that's supposed to be Edge's big threat.

No one is saying Christian should not have won, just not clean. It serves no purpose really.

Christian might have won the match but Del Rio got the last laugh when Edge's plan failed and he ended up getting beaten up. It doesn't say what happened to Christian after the match but I'd assume Del Rio also attacked him before getting to Edge.

Edge now has a hurt arm which Del Rio can take advantage at Wrestlemania while Edge has 2-3 weeks to heal up or limit the damage to his arm.

Lock Jaw
03-16-2011, 02:12 AM

It serves the purpose of pleasing me.

Tazz Dan
03-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Christian won, I came, the world is a better place for it.

Nightwing
03-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Yeah im pretty sure they were advertising Edge and Christian vs Corre for the Titles. This is disappointing. I will now unDVR this.

Tazz Dan
03-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Why? Christian won, pretty sure they wouldn't have walked out with the Tag Titles this close to WM.

Nightwing
03-16-2011, 02:29 AM
I generally dont catch the blue show. I only DVRd it because of that advertisement.

Tazz Dan
03-16-2011, 02:42 AM
These guys are not amused.

http://cloud3.consumerismcommentary.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/blue-man-group.jpg

Nightwing
03-16-2011, 03:08 AM
These guys are not amused.

http://cloud3.consumerismcommentary.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/blue-man-group.jpg

Theyre a tough crowd though.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-16-2011, 03:15 AM
People nitpicking?! In the Smackdown thread?!

I never thought I'd see the day!!

The fact Christian won clean is fantastic and if you actually think it hurts Del Rio, then you have the same memory span as the writers. The guy is being built as a cocky threat and has barely lost a match since debuting. Christian won by escape too, it's not like he pinned him.

The Corre are still tag champs too. And why wouldn't the group of heels take a DQ loss to protect their titles? Makes perfect sense.

Lara Emily
03-16-2011, 03:28 AM
It serves the purpose of pleasing me.

I'm not even annoyed he won I'm just saying it's a weird time for a guy not in the title picture to win clean over the guy in the title picture.

Lara Emily
03-16-2011, 03:29 AM
People nitpicking?! In the Smackdown thread?!

The Corre are still tag champs too. And why wouldn't the group of heels take a DQ loss to protect their titles? Makes perfect sense.

Yes it makes sense, but it's also been the same finish for basically all the Corre vs Show match on almost every Smackdown for god 2 to 3 months.

Tom Guycott
03-16-2011, 04:04 AM
I'm not even annoyed he won I'm just saying it's a weird time for a guy not in the title picture to win clean over the guy in the title picture.

This may be leading somewhere, though... somewhere in the direction of Christian "finally winning the big one". Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. This may be a path to the main event picture the peepulation wants to see!

GD
03-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh snap! I almost forgot...

Way to make Alberto Del Rio look weak before his big main event title match at Wrestlemania :nono:

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh snap! I almost forgot...

Way to make Alberto Del Rio look weak before his big main event title match at Wrestlemania :nono:

Del Rio didn't look weak in the match and just barely lost. But it didn't look great.

Volare
03-16-2011, 01:01 PM
This may be leading somewhere, though... somewhere in the direction of Christian "finally winning the big one". Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. This may be a path to the main event picture the peepulation wants to see!

Too easy to see this one. Christain wins at MITB, and cashes in on Alberto, going full circle and sparking a hot feud.

MoFo
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Is Ted Jr on Smackdown or is it just one of those pre-Mania deals where the brands dont matter?

MoFo
03-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Jericho is on this wks Smackdown, apparently.

Probably recorded a promo hyping the Taker/Trips stuff.

- PWInsider says so

The Fugitive
03-17-2011, 07:49 PM

So much for 2012 having Smoke and Mirrors, the tron and the actual entrance now. :(

BigDaddyCool
03-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Jericho is on this wks Smackdown, apparently.

Probably recorded a promo hyping the Taker/Trips stuff.

- PWInsider says so

Nope... Unless they did it after the taping.

Savio
03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
CC only escaped a cage, heck I could have probably escaped a cage faster than Del Rio.

BigDaddyCool
03-17-2011, 08:29 PM
CC only escaped a cage, he'll I could have probably escaped a cage faster than Del Rio.

No...Del Rio was going faster then Christian humped him in he ass and dropped to the floor.

Jura
03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
This is the second time Teddy Long has called Christian, Kristin.

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Do you guys think it is beyong the realm of possibility for Christian to be added to the World Heavyweight Match, as a result of beating the #1 contender?

It's late, but it's also not actually the main event of the show so it wouldn't be crazy of them to do.
They've added to title matches this late before.

Lock Jaw
03-19-2011, 11:39 PM
I say do it. Then let him win.

Then again, I am biased.

Damian Rey
03-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Do you guys think it is beyong the realm of possibility for Christian to be added to the World Heavyweight Match, as a result of beating the #1 contender?

It's late, but it's also not actually the main event of the show so it wouldn't be crazy of them to do.
They've added to title matches this late before.

I think it's a little late. He just got back, and it would be taking the piss out of the Del Rio/Edge feud. I like the idea of him being in there to help fend off Brotus Clay and Rodrigues heading into Mania, but honestly, Christian should be left off the card.

I like the idea of him winning MITB and cahsing in Del Rio to help get their feud restarted.

XL
03-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Decent show this week.

I'd love for Christian to get added to the title match. You might say "it's too late" but they've done NOTHING to set him up in this proposed Corre vs Show/Kane + 2 match.

The only concern I have is that I have no idea how over Christian is. I'm always in doubt due to the post-production they do on SmackDown.