PDA

View Full Version : So Kurt's contract expires in 5 months

Loose Cannon
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM
was thinking whom I would want to see back again in WWE and Angle came to mind. just looked it up and his contract expires in August.

do you think he'll be back sometime this year or next? do you care? I would love to see him work a program with a guy like Danielson. Swagger would be cool because of the similarities. Barrett/Angle would do great I think.

Lara Emily
03-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Anything I've ever heard is that he's happy in TNA, working in TNA is less physcially tasking and he gets to avoid being on he road as much, so he gets about the same money and gets to travel less and work less dates.

I'd be utterly shocked if he comes back to WWE

Snowden
03-15-2011, 11:44 PM
I'd absolutely love him to get one more run in the WWE, but I can't see him leaving TNA. As Lara said, he's way too comfortable with that sort of schedule, and on top of that I'm not entirely sure he'll automatically get his spot back if he returns to the WWE. Can't see Vince immediately sticking Angle in the main event after getting stabbed in the back by him and working for the competition.

Loose Cannon
03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
I disagree only because I've heard that time and time again with wrestlers about having easier schedules, less travel etc etc, but when it comes down to it, you know a guy like Angle is going to get the bug and want to work for the top wrestling company in the world again. Just to prove hs still has it. That's the kind of person Kurt is.

Lock Jaw
03-16-2011, 12:02 AM
What will probably happen is this:

There will be all sorts of "rumors" about him going back to the WWE, and the IWC will take it as fact, and then be pissed when he re-signs with TNA.

I do think that there is a good chance we'll see him in the WWE again. I just hope it is before he is an old man.

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry, but as I've said before, anytime Kurt Angle is mentioned:

http://i52.tinypic.com/5mfi3s.jpg

...Tony Kornheiser comes to mind:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7RO82Rwdj1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jordan
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Of course he will be back, hell Hogan will be back eventually.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 12:31 AM
TNA is such a small crappy pond. Even if he is happy their I can see him having a last WWE run before retiring.

Fox
03-16-2011, 01:29 AM
I would love to see him come back with a reduced schedule. He's done all he can for TNA at this point - until they get new writers and creative people that place is a dead spot in the ocean, and Kurt is just lucky to be strong enough to keep swimming in it.

If he came back to the WWE and they used him right, Kurt could be an awesome addition to the RAW or Smackdown rosters.

St. Jimmy
03-16-2011, 04:45 AM
According to everything I've read he says he's going to retire with TNA.

erickman
03-16-2011, 07:05 AM
yeah i would like to know what vince did to him for him to stay with a company founded by a guy who stole kurts wife.

Londoner
03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
If he came back i wonder if Vince would still have him in the HOF in future?

Kane Knight
03-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Anything I've ever heard is that he's happy in TNA, working in TNA is less physcially tasking and he gets to avoid being on he road as much, so he gets about the same money and gets to travel less and work less dates.

I'd be utterly shocked if he comes back to WWE

Most of which comes from Angle himself, the guy who while in WWE was delivering lines like "I'm never going to stop" and such.

Just saying, while most of the time first hand info is probably the best deal, with Angle it's hard to believe the words of a drug-addled liar who could be speaking "in KAYFABE."

RiX1024
03-16-2011, 08:44 AM
To be honest Kurt Angle will resign with TNA for few years then hang his boots for good. He is WWE HOF material and one of the most successful wrestlers in USA atm but TNA is the place for him.

XL
03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110691

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110762

Jus' sayin'

CSL
03-16-2011, 09:58 AM
yeah i would like to know what vince did to him for him to stay with a company founded by a guy who stole kurts wife.

http://images.ukcs.net/14483/rolleyes.gif

Grablot
03-16-2011, 10:47 AM
When his contract is up Kurt is out and back to the WWE.

Why would he want to stay in that craphole TNA especially like others said where he has to work with Jeff Jaret who is his boss? When he can go to the WWE and enjoy WORLD WIDE FAME and main event wrestlemania again.

I man come on...plus he would make much more money in the WWE.

GD
03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I am pretty sure that he stated it in an interview that he felt needed in TNA and he was happy to be a part of the company as it developed and progressed.

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
I am pretty sure that he stated it in an interview that he felt needed in TNA and he was happy to be a part of the company as it developed and progressed.

TNA has gotten worse and regressed.

GD
03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I couldn't agree more. They should have stuck with how they started and not endorse every god damn former WWE, WCW and ECW wrestler.

Nightwing
03-16-2011, 11:59 AM
If sure with the state of TNA, and if the money is right [which it will be] then he will make the jump back. He could always get the Michaels/ Taker light schedule so.

Volare
03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I thought Kurt talked about this in a recent interview and said he wasn't going anywhere.

Nightwing
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Thats also coming from a guy who is under TNA contract though. I doubt he would just come out and say hes going back to the E.

Swish
03-16-2011, 01:37 PM
was thinking whom I would want to see back again in WWE and Angle came to mind. just looked it up and his contract expires in August.

do you think he'll be back sometime this year or next? do you care? I would love to see him work a program with a guy like Danielson. Swagger would be cool because of the similarities. Barrett/Angle would do great I think.

Angle has already stated that he wish's to retire in TNA, So No he won't be returning to WWE. I don't blame him. WWE ruined him in my eyes.

CSL
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that company that offered him a contract when he was running out of options after the shine of his Olympic win had started to wear off despite him turning them down beforehand while he was still 'in demand', turned him into a professional wrestler and made him a millionaire. What ruining bastards. I hope WWE don't come and ruin my life like that.

JimmyMess
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Angle has already stated that he wish's to retire in TNA, So No he won't be returning to WWE. I don't blame him. WWE ruined him in my eyes.

how did WWE ruin him?

WWE was the only place he ever was until TNA.

And TNA blows....

Ruien
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Believe he was talking about the making him work while he was injured and terrible abuse of steroids Angle picked up while there.

To everyone saying, "Why would he stay in a company when Jeff stole his wife and works there?", pretty sure if he had any type of probably with it he would not be doing an angle about it. Doubt Jeff "stole" anything, they were already separated (yes not divorced, separated) when Jeff and Karen hooked up. Angle was also going out with that one nasty looking black girl.

Nightwing
03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Angle would be a right up on HHH/Taker/HBK levels if he stayed with WWE. Hed be untouchable right now, huge. TNA ruined Kurt Angle. I forget hes still around most of the time honestly.

DLVH84
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I believe he'll stay a couple more years, and then retire.

Razzamajazz
03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
he'll be back within 10 years to go into the hall of fame

Mooияakeя™
03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
If he aint with anyone, maybe he wont mind roving the roads of the great big US of A.

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 04:04 PM
If he aint with anyone, maybe he wont mind roving the roads of the great big US of A.

I don't know if his body would handle it.

Of course, he could always have a "tv only" deal, where he only wrestles on RAW and PPV's.

Grablot
03-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Believe he was talking about the making him work while he was injured and terrible abuse of steroids Angle picked up while there.

To everyone saying, "Why would he stay in a company when Jeff stole his wife and works there?", pretty sure if he had any type of probably with it he would not be doing an angle about it. Doubt Jeff "stole" anything, they were already separated (yes not divorced, separated) when Jeff and Karen hooked up. Angle was also going out with that one nasty looking black girl.

This is nasty looking?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2706335762_e5162ca27e.jpg

I wonder then how your girlfriend looks like if u have 1...

JimmyMess
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Yeah but its like every superstar with a substance abuse problem, Kurt included, the WWE never made their guys take pills, steroids.

And Kurt didn't have to work when he was injured, that was just the life.

Besides, the factors that led Kurt to leaving were that

a. he didn't want as many days on
b. he wanted the "HBK" deal when he did actually break his neck... he wanted to stay on as a personality possibly, but earn a pay check for the length of time he'd be out. Vince balked at it, for good reason. Kurt Angle is not HBK. Kurt thought he was valued the same as Shawn Michaels, and he is not. He's just a great talent.

Loose Cannon
03-16-2011, 07:23 PM

cause wrestlers NEVER change thier minds. come on dude, unless you are like 13 years old and haven't been around wrestling long enough, then how can you believe that?

McLegend
03-16-2011, 08:45 PM
I think the less travel and relatively the same money keeps him in TNA. I got another question for you...

Why would WWE want him back?

CSL
03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Because he's still a name, he hasn't been 'damaged' by TNA and is still one of the best performers on Earth. If they're happy to give him a reduced schedule, I don't see why they wouldn't want him back.

Jeritron
03-16-2011, 08:49 PM
I'd absolutely love him to get one more run in the WWE, but I can't see him leaving TNA. As Lara said, he's way too comfortable with that sort of schedule, and on top of that I'm not entirely sure he'll automatically get his spot back if he returns to the WWE. Can't see Vince immediately sticking Angle in the main event after getting stabbed in the back by him and working for the competition.

No way. Angle is over enough that Vince won't care. Just like Hogan, and Hall/Nash, and countless others.

If Angle came back to WWE tomorrow, he might not be made champion or anything since they're going in a youth oriented direction, but he'd most certainly be involved in high profile things right away and always.
He's Angle.

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I think the less travel and relatively the same money keeps him in TNA. I got another question for you...

Why would WWE want him back?

Oh, WWE would definitely want him back, I'm sure.

McLegend
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Burned a lot of bridges when he left. I know it's wrestling, but it hasn't been that long.

Also he is kind of a physical and mental liabilty.

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Burned a lot of bridges when he left. I know it's wrestling, but it hasn't been that long.

Also he is kind of a physical and mental liabilty.

"Burned a lot of bridges when he left"

Vince McMahon has proven time and time again that, for him, there's no such thing as "burned bridges". If bringing someone in is good for business, he'll bring him in, and that's that.

Kane Knight
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
"Burned a lot of bridges when he left"

Vince McMahon has proven time and time again that, for him, there's no such thing as "burned bridges". If bringing someone in is good for business, he'll bring him in, and that's that.

"But it hasn't been that long."

Indicating that in time this would be a lesser issue, but due to the time....

Aguakate
03-16-2011, 09:09 PM
It's "only" been like, what, 4 years since Kurt left WWE?

Vince was over Angle leaving in, like, 4 hours.

chrisat928
03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Kurt Angle is going to die in a ring, and I don't think Vince wants it to be his.

MVP
03-16-2011, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Angle made one last run in the WWE. Not sure if it'll be right after his current contract expires though.

Kane Knight
03-16-2011, 11:54 PM
It's "only" been like, what, 4 years since Kurt left WWE?

Vince was over Angle leaving in, like, 4 hours.

It's "only" taken a lot longer for many returns, don't pretend otherwise. But nice job with the number pulled out of your ass. I mean, it's unlikely it's true even as hyperbole, but I've always been a fan of the wrestling forum's "don't let reality get in my way of being a slobbering fanboy" approach to things.

After all, being grounded and realistic can be such a chore sometimes.

Kane Knight
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Kurt Angle is going to die in a ring, and I don't think Vince wants it to be his.

Man, TNA would LOVE it if it was their ring. Think of the ratings! Think of the promos about how much more "real" they are than WWE! Think of the shoot match between AJ Styles and Angle's still-warm corpse!

(Before anyone gets too busy, I'm accusing TNA of these actions, not endorsing them. I think they'd air snuff films live on TV if they could, in the hopes that "shock" would equal "ratings.")

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2011, 05:00 AM
There's absolutely no reason you can rule out Angle returning. The WWE is the largest wrestling promotion in the world, and the stage on which Angle made his name. Do you really believe that Angle won't ever go back there? Not for the Hall of Fame of merchandising deals -- where his likeness is included in video games and such, and Angle collects a nice, steady paycheck without having to do anything? DVDs made from his work? T-shirts sold? Yeah, there's no way that Angle would ever return to the WWE -- even if Vince gave Kurt Angle a reduced schedule and booked it so that he wouldn't be in the ring every night he was working. No chance in Hell.

Of course, Angle might also be deluded enough to think that he can still make TNA the top wrestling promotion in the world, and nothing that TNA has done has seemingly changed his mind yet.

seapig4
03-17-2011, 06:34 AM
I can see him returning for a final run, maybe even facing Undertaker next wrestlemania and retiring after.

Rock Bottom
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
I haven't followed TNA at all but I remember regarding Angle as one of the best wrestlers ever to even walk into a ring when I was glued to wrestling. I'd be pretty warm to the idea of seeing Angle again.

Anyone remember Angle putting Tazz over in his debut? In a huge way. Angle undefeated, just totally let Tazz have his way with him. As big a star as Angle went on to be, that took a set of brass balls and I'm not sure the details behind that entire thing but I really tip my hat to a guy like Angle. Especially in those days.