PDA

View Full Version : Full House Poker (Xbox Live Arcade)

D Mac
03-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Who else has this or is getting it? Got the trial game and it's pretty cool.

Gonna get the full game and play in the Texas Heat live show Saturday.

D Mac
03-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Regardless of how your bankroll is looking, you're always allowed to participate in regularly scheduled Texas Heat events. These nicely presented tournaments last for only 25 minutes each and emphasize experience points over chips so that you have a chance of being named the winner even if you don't have the biggest stack. There are three different tiers of table, and depending on how well you're doing, you can be demoted or promoted mid-tournament. If you lose all of your chips, you move down a table, freeing a spot for the chip leader at that table to move up. Messages regularly flash up at the bottom of the screen to let you know how you're faring against other players and how well your friends are doing. You can also see players at adjacent tables and even hear cheers go up from them after a big pot is won. It's all pretty exciting, and when the tournament finishes, you're not only rewarded with chips and experience points, but also with special customization options (a polka dot deck of cards or a gold suit for your avatar, for example), as well as a percentage of the chips that you were holding at the end.

Pretty sweet

Lara Emily
03-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Only if Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey are selectable characters

OssMan
03-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Who else has this or is getting it? Got the trial game and it's pretty cool.

Gonna get the full game and play in the Texas Heat live show Saturday.
lol

Kane Knight
03-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Only if Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey are selectable characters

That joke was a crime against humanity.

D Mac
03-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I know Blitz is a poker player. Roxer too I think.

Icess
03-18-2011, 05:50 PM
It's ok, but the AI is awful of you have a large stack. I won like 50 hands in a row against 2 AI players, but they wouldn't play a hand. The blinds don't go up fast enough for me. We'll see how Saturday goes.

Kane Knight
03-18-2011, 10:47 PM
I have like 6 poker games already. What makes this one stick out?

I'm not trying to be a pain, but seriously, D Mac, if you want people involved....

DrA
03-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Full House Poker is a bit too difficult for me. I might need to start out with Pair of Sevens Poker.

D Mac
03-19-2011, 01:22 AM

I'm not trying to be a pain, but seriously, D Mac, if you want people involved....

A game that finally makes full use of Avatars.

D Mac
03-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Plus the "Live Shows"

We'll see how they are tomorrow.

D Mac
03-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Roxer I saw you playing it.

PapaGeorgio
03-19-2011, 05:24 PM

Why do you have so many poker games?

Kane Knight
03-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Why do you have so many poker games?

Because one came free on my cell phone, PC, laptop...

I think my microwave plays THE.

My shoes have blackjack on 'em.