PDA

View Full Version : So what is up with CM Punk's NEW NEXUS

The Naitch
03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I know there's other threads on this, so fuck off XL you faggot bitch, this is a classic Naitch thread (JamesSteele approved). I'M ON OTHER LEVELS

so should they just kill this angle or what else can they do to salvage it? Seems like it lost MAD STEAM out of nowhere. Maybe since The Rock came back, this angle has played SECOND FIDDLE or THIRD FIDDLE.

Lost mad interest. Hopefully it picks up. Still heart CM Punk though. ALWAYS. Forever and ever

WHAT WOULD YOU DO>?!

Nightwing
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Well now I want them to come back with fiddles.

Triple Naitch
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Let me fill you in.

Anybody Thrilla
03-18-2011, 09:07 PM
It'd honestly be pretty easy to forget any of it ever happened should Orton win at Wrestlemania.

Mr. Nerfect
03-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Are you high, Naitch? Not a criticism, just an observation.

Personally, I really liked the idea someone had (might have been Jeritron) of CM Punk coming out and saying that he played the Nexus and Randy Orton like...fiddles...and he used Orton to take them out, and he plans to do the same to Orton at WrestleMania.

Then you can have the Nexus show up randomly after one of CM Punk's matches (perhaps even at WrestleMania) and be all "Hey dude, payback time," and they kick his ass.

The Nexus was one of the hottest angles of the past year, but I think it is time for them to evolve and find acceptance. The Corre seems to have the outsiders making an impact thing locked down. Have David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris & Mason Ryan wage a war against CM Punk -- who can perhaps bring with him Joey Mercury, Colt Cabana (I can dream) and Matt Cross (who is on Tough Enough), and we can see a good ol' stable war. Or not. Whichever. I just think it would benefit Nexus to be either babyfaces, or at least "cool heels." It might do more for their t-shirt sales, at the very least. You could have Otunga lead the group, and perhaps not play so much of an in-ring role as a mouthpiece, while he polishes off his ring work.

If you want the Nexus to have an established leader, though, in my dream world, Chris Jericho would return and want revenge on Randy Orton, and with the Nexus wanting the same thing, a Jericho/Nexus union could be pretty powerful.

Mr. Nerfect
03-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Another option is that the Nexus show up on SmackDown!, and they beg The Corre to accept them back. The Corre is all "No way, you fuck-ups," and so we get The Corre vs. Nexus over the summer months.

Lara Emily
03-18-2011, 09:18 PM
No, if CM Punk reveals that his master plan was to use Nexus for his own gain and use Orton to destroy them, then that's it, you end Nexus, don't bring them back period.

The Naitch
03-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Speaking of the Jericho thing, I think they could do a thing where there's a new Nexus leader every few months. Like a competition over time to see who was the best leader/mentor for the new guys. Who left the best mark, so to speak.

I DUNNO

Anybody Thrilla
03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
The fatal flaw with the idea of Punk using Orton to take out Nexus is that David Otunga is the ONLY member of the New Nexus that was around when they beat Punk up all that time ago.

Mr. Nerfect
03-18-2011, 09:27 PM
The fatal flaw with the idea of Punk using Orton to take out Nexus is that David Otunga is the ONLY member of the New Nexus that was around when they beat Punk up all that time ago.

I think this ties perfectly into Punk being a hypocrite, and you can have Josh Mathews bring up these sort of facts, and Michael Cole is all "Shut up! CM Punk is a genius!" It'd be a double-win for Punk -- if Nexus had destroyed Orton, more power to him; but he turns his losses into gains.

Punk did get rid of Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, though. And he could always say that he was taking out Nexus as a symbol. He gained control of the sect that attacked him, and he completely eradicated it from the annals of WWE.

Anybody Thrilla
03-18-2011, 09:39 PM
So what about Mason Ryan?

MoFo
03-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Nexus stuff is the only shit I skip on Raw, srsly rather watch the Diva matches than it now.

Lock Jaw
03-18-2011, 09:52 PM

The thing is, he would be doing it also to be recognized as the hero/savior of the WWE.

Anybody Thrilla
03-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Hmm. I guess I could ALMOST see it...but no, not really. That would take some crazy explaining.

Fignuts
03-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Nexus is fucking great, I don't know what any of you are on about.

Snowden
03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
You watch, they'll be back before Mania.

They've kind of booked themselves into a corner with the Orton/Punk feud. Reasonably, they won't have Punk get the physical one up on Orton, because he's being pushed as superman. Can't even see Punk laying him out even with some serious chicanery...I mean shit, if Orton wouldn't stay down for the whole group taking him out, they probably won't have Punk do it.

Way I see it, Nexus (or at least Mason Ryan) makes a "triumphant" return the week before Mania, and absolutely beats the living piss out of Orton to make Punk look strong going into the PPV. Orton will inevitably win, and you move Punk and Nexus on to a couple of other feuds where Punk goes over in spite of a largely ineffectual Nexus. Eventually have Punk become more sadistic towards his underlings, and THEN have them splinter off...Punk, Ryan, and another random member they just added, versus Harris, Henning, and Otunga. The Punk/Nexus feud needs way more of a build for the face faction to actually be bought as babyfaces.

Anybody Thrilla
03-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I was into the New Nexus before the Orton feud, but it's basically just been one of them getting punted in the head for weeks now.

XCaliber
03-18-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd reinduct Sheffielf and Tarver back into the group and ship Double M and Double H to a DiBiase led stable then of course have them eventually feud with Corre once they've added another established superstar of their own.

Lock Jaw
03-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I am in favor of just letting Nexus die. All the talented ones are in The Corre now anyways.

Swish
03-18-2011, 11:35 PM
I know there's other threads on this, so fuck off XL you faggot bitch, this is a classic Naitch thread (JamesSteele approved). I'M ON OTHER LEVELS

so should they just kill this angle or what else can they do to salvage it? Seems like it lost MAD STEAM out of nowhere. Maybe since The Rock came back, this angle has played SECOND FIDDLE or THIRD FIDDLE.

Lost mad interest. Hopefully it picks up. Still heart CM Punk though. ALWAYS. Forever and ever

WHAT WOULD YOU DO>?!

First it was The Rock was a back up thread, and now this. The reason Punk took over Nexus, was so that it could be forgotten about. That's the only thing Punk and Stables have in conmen.

Rock Bottom
03-18-2011, 11:52 PM
They totally fucked up here.

Should have had all three Nexus go over Orton. At Mania, Orton's taking on all four of them. Doesn't look good... Wait... Who's that!?

No way, no fuckin' way. Is that Maven's awesome theme music that makes me believe in myself hard, serious bike-riding Mike Tyson's Punch Out training inspirational devout shit. Maven is destroying Nexus. Rescues Orton.

Crowd is going absolutely crazy. Looks like NXT isn't Tough Enough.

Fuckin'. NXT vs. Tough Enough. I think I just jizzed my pants.

Volare
03-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Like the saying goes, if you're not Corre you're a Whore.

Anybody Thrilla
03-19-2011, 12:19 AM
If you're not Corre, perhaps you are a part of some other faction.

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Are you high, Naitch? Not a criticism, just an observation.

Personally, I really liked the idea someone had (might have been Jeritron) of CM Punk coming out and saying that he played the Nexus and Randy Orton like...fiddles...and he used Orton to take them out, and he plans to do the same to Orton at WrestleMania.

Then you can have the Nexus show up randomly after one of CM Punk's matches (perhaps even at WrestleMania) and be all "Hey dude, payback time," and they kick his ass.

The Nexus was one of the hottest angles of the past year, but I think it is time for them to evolve and find acceptance. The Corre seems to have the outsiders making an impact thing locked down. Have David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris & Mason Ryan wage a war against CM Punk -- who can perhaps bring with him Joey Mercury, Colt Cabana (I can dream) and Matt Cross (who is on Tough Enough), and we can see a good ol' stable war. Or not. Whichever. I just think it would benefit Nexus to be either babyfaces, or at least "cool heels." It might do more for their t-shirt sales, at the very least. You could have Otunga lead the group, and perhaps not play so much of an in-ring role as a mouthpiece, while he polishes off his ring work.

If you want the Nexus to have an established leader, though, in my dream world, Chris Jericho would return and want revenge on Randy Orton, and with the Nexus wanting the same thing, a Jericho/Nexus union could be pretty powerful.

Reading your post gave me an idea. The part where you suggested Nexus come back and go after Punk for using them.

I think it's fair to say that the WWE most likely has plans for Mason Ryan. There were reports (who knows if they're accurate) of Vince being very concerned about how he was being handled and getting over.

Aside from everyone pointing out that he looks a lot like Batista, given his size and style, he's probably the type of talent WWE would like to push similarly.

Well, if Nexus returns as a unit to seek revenge on CM Punk, they will be faces. It's only natural. CM Punk is a super heel, and he'd be in the heel role in the scenario of him revealing using them.
So how about Mason Ryan as the emerging leader? Or at the very least, the most powerful and competent member of the group that CM Punk fears.
It would mostly be derivative of the HHH/Batista feud. The animal type is unleashed on it's evil owner. A force to be reckoned with that Punk never thought would get off the leash and bite the hand that feeds it.
It's partly a rehash, but I think it'd be just crazy enough to work. CM Punk would be glorious in that type of story and Mason Ryan and the disgruntled Nexus soldiers might come out looking like a million bucks.

Snowden
03-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Still think Mason Ryan needs to be a heel for longer before he turns face.

And for that matter, Nexus needs to be under Punk's thumb longer before they're accepted as babyfaces. Remember, these are the guys (or at least, the group was) that terrorized the WWE for the past year. Are the fans really going to feel bad for David Otunga because he got hosed by Punk? Pretty sure most people would feel like Nexus had what was coming to them

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
All good points. I'm envisioning it just as a premise more than basing it on the current climate.
I actually do agree that they'd have to put in more time for it to actually resonate with the fans, but WWE could still concievably book it and try to "make" the fans care, as they often do.

chrisat928
03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
CM Punk is not a leader.

As a solo guy, he damn near the best. As the leader of a group, he loses something, and it's weird.

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 02:34 AM
I disagree with that. I think he's strong as a leader. He's not the alpha male, top dog of the pack type leader that HHH or Hogan were in their stables.

But he's the Charles Manson type of mind-control leader. A cult leader. The type of guy who can make guys much bigger than him totally submissive through intelligence a mindfuckery.
At this point, I honestly think being a leader is a huge part of his character.

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 02:36 AM
I think Jericho's current character could be the same thing, but he's never led a stable. I think it's actually a shame that he's never led a stable in his career.
Recently, he's had a few sidekicks, but never more than one person under his control.

I'd love to see him co-lead something with CM Punk, or start his own stable when he comes back.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2011, 05:03 AM
I agree that Punk loses something when he's in a stable. I never really felt The Straight Edge Society or the New Nexus.

As for fans not feeling sorry for Nexus, it's pretty much the same as any heel-to-face turn. Orton punts people's heads in, and led Legacy in random assaults (which is what Punk is claiming this feud is about), but we're meant to feel sorry for him getting beaten down by Nexus? If Otunga, McGillicutty, Harris & Ryan took initiative, and then said that they want to earn their place in the WWE -- they could get over pretty dang quick, in my opinion. Especially if they are still outsiders.

seapig4
03-19-2011, 07:24 AM
To me the best stables always have a stable to fued with and unfortunatly The New Nexus don't have an opposite force to fight against so they always come over as pussies cus they get beat down by one guy

Grablot
03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
To me the best stables always have a stable to fued with and unfortunatly The New Nexus don't have an opposite force to fight against so they always come over as pussies cus they get beat down by one guy

Just like The Straight Edge society when Big Show killed them week after week.
I mean WWE needs to get serious IF theyre gonna run a stable. A stable shown DECIMATE any single man no matter what he is.

Snowden
03-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I agree that Punk loses something when he's in a stable. I never really felt The Straight Edge Society or the New Nexus.

As for fans not feeling sorry for Nexus, it's pretty much the same as any heel-to-face turn. Orton punts people's heads in, and led Legacy in random assaults (which is what Punk is claiming this feud is about), but we're meant to feel sorry for him getting beaten down by Nexus? If Otunga, McGillicutty, Harris & Ryan took initiative, and then said that they want to earn their place in the WWE -- they could get over pretty dang quick, in my opinion. Especially if they are still outsiders.

Right, but by that time the fans had been popping for Orton, a badass heel, for months now. People had been wanting to cheer him like the second coming of Austin, hence the face turn. And he's been pretty much the 1 or 1A face for a year now, with a foil of Punk whose the second biggest heel in the WWE at the moment.

Whereas Nexus have just been heels, don't really have a fan reaction that merits a face turn, aren't nearly main event caliber, and don't have the guys on the stick to really sell being pissed off at Punk. I think it can work in the long run, but you need to establish some sort of sympathy for the Nexus members (remember Ted Dibiase getting punked out by Orton circa 2009?)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/33deckitBV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let something like that build up...THEN the feud will work. Otherwise, they'll just end up fading into obscurity after a lukewarm feud with the Punker.

Snowden
03-19-2011, 11:50 AM
God damn, rewatching that...they really missed the boat on a Dibiase face turn.

Kane Knight
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
haters gonna hate.

Mr. Nerfect
03-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I agree that they will need to be positioned slightly differently, but that's what turns are about. Triple H cracked his best friend in the back with a sledgehammer, but he's still a babyface. Characters change when they switch alignment. If the Nexus returned to beat up Punk, it would work for a couple of reasons:

1. It is CM Punk being attacked. Punk is amazing as a heel, and if Nexus simply changed their targets from top babyfaces to top heels, then people would cheer their actions.

2. It is retribution. In the WWE, if a face does something vicious to a heel as payback, it equates to being a good moral action.

3. It is the Nexus breaking out on their own. They are no longer slaves to Barrett or Punk, and are instead individuals, working as a group, to achieve personal greatness and prove that they belong. This can be further established by promos and positioning from commentary. eg. Josh Mathews says something like "I haven't agreed with the actions of Nexus in the past, but I am so glad to see Punk get a taste of his own medicine. They still have a long way to go to proving that they belong in the WWE, though," "Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with David Otunga! I think this is a good direction for the Nexus." This can be compounded by Jerry Lawler's commentary: "I don't know, Josh. I don't think I trust Otunga and his crew just yet..."