PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Shogun 2 (PC)

Requiem
03-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Seriously, if you're a PC gamer, and you enjoy strategy games, get this game!

Been loving it. First Total War game with FULL multiplayer, as in a full co-op campaign, as well as heads up, etc. There is a mode which I have not yet tried where you create a custom general, and use him in this constantly evolving map (i believe) where you can drop into matches trying to level him up and get better things. Dunno how that part works, but the rest of the game is phenomenal.

Took back that shitty Homefront game and bought this, and am really glad I did. Only had it for like 3 days and I've got like 23 hours in it according to Steam. Been playing some co-op with a friend, and it is incredible fun. Really addicting, and a well done game. The content itself is polished, but there are some technical issues with the game that need to be patched.

Requiem
03-25-2011, 03:24 AM
The only Total War game I would say I liked 'as much' or maybe more, would be Medieval 2. However, it had no good multiplayer so it completely loses in that aspect. Mostly just loved the theme of Medieval 2, however this Feudal Japan thing is done excellently.

LoDownM
03-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Rome and Medieval 2 are the best by far. Hated the naval battles in Empire and haven't touched any of the new games.

LuigiD
03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Have been a huge Total War mark since the first Medieval game. Really want to get the new Shogun. I heard the graphics are insane. How is the game running for your comp? what are your computer specs.?

Requiem
03-25-2011, 03:29 PM
My PC isn't that great, but I run it very decently. Settings are on High/Medium. 2.6GHz dual core, 6GBDDR2, Geforce 8800.

A friend has a killer new PC he just built, and it looks absolutely amazing. He's only had slow down ONCE, and that was in a MASSIVE battle, and it only happened once during the battle.

Requiem
03-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Compared to the other games, it honestly runs better. Medieval 2 didn't look this nice, but I had more slow-down running it than I've ever gotten in Shogun 2.

The Destroyer
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
The demo seemed to run ok on my PC, which was surprising. I'm not going to get the actual yet though, I've barely touched Empire.

That and my skill on the battlefield is usually a bit lacking in Total War games anyway.

Requiem
03-25-2011, 03:38 PM
There are less units in this game, which makes itm ore about a rock paper scissors type thing in battles. Still hard as hell, but you can definitely win with better tactics. I had 3 groups of archers, and 3 groups of yari (spears) with one group of samurai, and was forced to defend a Fort with them against a force that would have CRUSHED me on the open battlefield. He had about 3 times as many people, but a lot of his were consolidated into cavalry, so he had to send all his yari at me. Ended up killing 2:1 and decimated his army so badly so that my main force came in the next turn and crushed his 4-star general.

LuigiD
03-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Nothing more rewarding than having an epic victory in Total War. Specially taking out an experienced general :heart:

Requiem
03-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Should note all of the guys in the first battle still died. It was necessary. lol

Was pretty funny, cause past a certain point, all my groups were all 'fighting to the death', so instead of routing like most armies do, they just stayed there and fucked the other army UP.

Love this game.

LuigiD
03-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I remember a few years ago I was playing the Napoleonic mod for Rome Total War. I was playing a crazy battle that pretty much turned the tide for my campaign. I had a huge battle with tons of reinforcements from tons of countries pouring in for both sides. It took me about 90 minutes to win. When I was done I was so fucking pumped that I called my girlfriend at the time to tell her about it at like 1 AM. She sounded like she wanted to kill me.

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
The most recent of the Total War games that I have is Medieval 2, which is great. But I need a new computer before I can play any of the newer games, as my comp is about 7 years old.

Razzamajazz
03-25-2011, 07:51 PM
almost picked this up earlier today, it looked pretty much like the first one to me only prettier

Razzamajazz
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
bought this last week and completely forgot i had it until tonight