PDA

View Full Version : Kozlov out of WM?

Cuse8
04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Per this tweet:

WrestleMania WWE WrestleMania
by WWEgames
Breaking news out of #Axxess: @TheCorreWWE just assaulted Vladimir Kozlov after his match with Reks. Updates to come...

Enter Big Daddy Cool?

BizarroKing
04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
That'd be interesting but I'd say Kofi seems like a more likely choice.

CSL
04-02-2011, 11:49 AM
uh oh, I think the Mania buyrate may be about to go through the roof

http://www.icybid.com/thumbnail.php?pic=uplimg/img_A_102011_0134867b9fa1a688a2464df9abcc4351.jpg&w=500&sq=Y&b=Y

CSL
04-02-2011, 11:52 AM
kind of feel bad for Miz/Cena/Rock now, all the work they've put in to be potentially overshadowed in an instant by the highest drawing WWF champion of all time

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IMkBS59pea0/S4peHtFGy9I/AAAAAAAADQg/XAXZnX5MxXk/s400/028Diesel.jpg

Corndad
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
That would be awesome for a surprise with Nash but I'm thinking its gonna be Kofi. Especially after watching Smackdown. I hope I'm wrong though. Even though Kofi deserves on the card, would be another mark out moment at Mania and make a possible backstage promo with all the Clique possible?

CSL
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
http://alberto-del-rio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Wade-Barrett.png

http://www.wrestlingkingdom.com/kevinnash/Kevinsmile.jpg

http://www.wwepictures.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Nexus-Leader-Wade-Barrett-Looking-Angry-500x281.jpg

Nightwing
04-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Wrestlemania is about to get a lil' sexier with some Diesel Power.

VSG
04-02-2011, 12:04 PM
*Exclusive audio clip of a Truck horn heard in Atlanta... MUST <s>SEE</s> HEAR*

JimmyMess
04-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I will spaz and mark out and all those things if Diesel comes cruising out.

Aguakate
04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
From Kevin Nash's Twitter:

Packing my boots just in case Diesel Power is needed in Hotlanta
4:37 PM Mar 31st via web

Rammsteinmad
04-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Jamaican Me Crazy.

Aguakate
04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
kind of feel bad for Miz/Cena/Rock now, all the work they've put in to be potentially overshadowed in an instant by the highest drawing WWF champion of all time

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IMkBS59pea0/S4peHtFGy9I/AAAAAAAADQg/XAXZnX5MxXk/s400/028Diesel.jpg

You may not be that far from reality...if Diesel comes out at WM27, he may once again get the loudest pop of the night.

James Steele
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.gumgod.com/images/derek_nash6.jpg

Cuse8
04-02-2011, 12:49 PM

interesting

MoFo
04-02-2011, 12:51 PM
They really need to change this to Kliq v Corre tbh

Nightwing
04-02-2011, 12:52 PM
http://pwinsider.com/article/56677/spoiler-on-change-to-mania-card.html?p=1

By Mike Johnson (mike@pwinsider.com) on 2011-04-02 11:58:19
As Dave Scherer wrote earlier, WWE ran an angle at this morning's AXXESS event where The Corre attacked and injured Vladimir Kozlov after he had defeated Tyler Reks. The angle will lead to Kozlov being removed from tomorrow's PPV and replaced by Kofi Kingston. Kingston will likely not be announced until the match takes place.

HBPunk
04-02-2011, 01:02 PM
http://pwinsider.com/article/56677/spoiler-on-change-to-mania-card.html?p=1

By Mike Johnson (mike@pwinsider.com) on 2011-04-02 11:58:19
As Dave Scherer wrote earlier, WWE ran an angle at this morning's AXXESS event where The Corre attacked and injured Vladimir Kozlov after he had defeated Tyler Reks. The angle will lead to Kozlov being removed from tomorrow's PPV and replaced by Kofi Kingston. Kingston will likely not be announced until the match takes place.

Awesome, thats a swerve. Now im more confident it will be Diesel

Shadrick
04-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Good cuz I was like "how the fuck do you not have Kofi on the card, in a Mania in a predominantly black city where he gets his biggest pops"

Londoner
04-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Would be a nice surprise to see Diesel there. Would add more to the WM feel of the match than Kofi would, obviously.

Gertner
04-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Good cuz I was like "how the fuck do you not have Kofi on the card, in a Mania in a predominantly black city where he gets his biggest pops"

hahah like black people can afford tickets to Wrestlemania.

HBPunk
04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
hahah like black people can afford tickets to Wrestlemania.

ya, fucking scumbags

Splaya
04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Why don't they do an angle where Santino gets attacked backstage and then we can have Kofi and Diesel. Win win right :shifty:

XL
04-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Ha. I was expecting Koslov or Santino to be taken out on the show to make way for Kofi. I wouldn't hold my beath for Nash.

Innovator
04-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Good.

I had a problem with Koslov getting a Mania payday when he can't get over the top rope....ever.

Volare
04-02-2011, 02:54 PM
So what are the Vegas odds right now of a Nash appearance?

Volare
04-02-2011, 02:57 PM

If he came out I guarntee it will be the biggest pop in the Georgia dome since Goldberg beat Hogan.

Aguakate
04-02-2011, 02:59 PM
If he came out I guarntee it will be the biggest pop in the Georgia dome since Goldberg beat Hogan.

Heck yeah. He'll "outpop" Austin, HHH, Cena, Undertaker, and even The Rock.

So, even though I'd LOVE for Diesel to be a part of WrestleMania, because of that reason, I don't think he will.

The Show Off
04-02-2011, 03:21 PM
So what are the Vegas odds right now of a Nash appearance?

The Vinny Vegas odds?

Evil Vito
04-02-2011, 04:17 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I actually feel bad for Vlad. It's a pretty big "fuck you" to him to get removed at the last second when they could have booked Kofi in the match to start with.

He probably won't even get to work the pre-show battle royal cause he's busy selling. So he loses his Mania payday too.</font>

Mr. C
04-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Diesel is going to replace him. The crowd went berserk for him at Royal Rumble and would do the same here.

Aguakate
04-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Diesel is going to replace him. The crowd went berserk for him at Royal Rumble and would do the same here.

I would mark out if I saw Diesel at 'Mania again, but perhaps because of that reason you mention, the fact he'd outpop everyone, including The Rock, WWE won't let it happen.

Tazz Dan
04-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Pretty sure Vlad will get his payday, he's still part of the storyline.

Ultra Mantis
04-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Theyre not going to leave Kozlov as the only guy on the active roster not getting paid for Mania. I suspected something was going to happen to him to take him out of the match since his role these days is to tag along with Santino and take pinfalls in tag matches, but I thought it would probably happen during Mania itself. Cool to see them progressing story at Axxess.

St. Jimmy
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM

+

http://downloadmobiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pencil37.png

+

http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/lon/lonlinks/grade1/money/images/us-dime.gif

=

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5518823/2/istockphoto_5518823-blank-paper.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I immediately thought that it would be Kofi Kingston, because the man really deserves a WrestleMania payday and such, but there is a lot of logic behind making it Diesel, too. Even just from his last WWE appearance -- Wade Barrett eliminated him from the Royal Rumble Match, and on the way back he had a brief exchange with Big Show.

Also, the visual of Big Show, Kane, Diesel and...Santino Marella standing together is pretty awesome, and worthy of WrestleMania. Kofi Kingston can still be a part of the pre-show Battle Royal, and could show up in this match and help the faces win.

Kofi's just not as big a star as Kevin Nash is.

BollywoodSingh
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
They should have just kept the IC Title on Kingston and had him defend against someone. Probably McIntyre. I always hate when the IC title doesn't get defended at the biggest PPV.

Mr. C
04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I immediately thought that it would be Kofi Kingston, because the man really deserves a WrestleMania payday and such, but there is a lot of logic behind making it Diesel, too. Even just from his last WWE appearance -- Wade Barrett eliminated him from the Royal Rumble Match, and on the way back he had a brief exchange with Big Show.

Also, the visual of Big Show, Kane, Diesel and...Santino Marella standing together is pretty awesome, and worthy of WrestleMania. Kofi Kingston can still be a part of the pre-show Battle Royal, and could show up in this match and help the faces win.

Kofi's just not as big a star as Kevin Nash is.

And you know the crowd is going to be chanting for Diesel. WrestleMania is one night, it's one match, and Diesel being in there would help the match, as it would get the crowd interested and into the match, and I'm fine with Kingston sitting this out if it means we get Diesel instead. This is WrestleMania, the bigger the names the better.

Mr. C
04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
They should have just kept the IC Title on Kingston and had him defend against someone. Probably McIntyre. I always hate when the IC title doesn't get defended at the biggest PPV.

They should've just let Kingston lose the IC title at Elimination Chamber to Del Rio, who should've lost it in the cage match against Christian. Having the IC title involved in the World title feud going into WrestleMania would've added to it and elevated the IC title. :y:

Volare
04-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Agreed. IC title with even the smallest storyline is still better than nothing at all.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2011, 12:08 AM
They should've just let Kingston lose the IC title at Elimination Chamber to Del Rio, who should've lost it in the cage match against Christian. Having the IC title involved in the World title feud going into WrestleMania would've added to it and elevated the IC title. :y:

This would have actually been a really good story. I don't understand why they didn't put the Intercontinental Title on the line when Del Rio faced Kofi Kingston. It makes it look like the IC Title is not worth winning. Christian winning the belt would have been a good move, too, and further decorated him as he heads towards the biggest push of his life.

I'm back to thinking that Kofi Kingston should probably be in the match. WrestleMania is about big names, but I think it should also be seen as an opportunity to create big names. That being said, I don't think Diesel being in the corner of Team Big Show is a bad idea.

Mr. C
04-03-2011, 12:30 AM
This would have actually been a really good story. I don't understand why they didn't put the Intercontinental Title on the line when Del Rio faced Kofi Kingston. It makes it look like the IC Title is not worth winning. Christian winning the belt would have been a good move, too, and further decorated him as he heads towards the biggest push of his life.

It's pretty sad, because I read somewhere that the original plan was to have Kingston drop the title to Del Rio at Elimination Chamber, but then they decided he "didn't need the title." This further proves how much the IC title means to WWE. They could've hyped it as a Champion vs. Champion Match, only for Christian to win the IC title from Del Rio in the Steel Cage Match thanks to Edge.

I'm back to thinking that Kofi Kingston should probably be in the match. WrestleMania is about big names, but I think it should also be seen as an opportunity to create big names. That being said, I don't think Diesel being in the corner of Team Big Show is a bad idea.

Before the match, have a segment where someone asks Show what they'll do since Kozlov is hurt. Have Show just have a grin on his face and not answer. Everyone comes to the ring, Diesel's music hits. He doesn't even have to do much besides come to the ring. Get him tagged in once, have him Jackknife the smaller guys in the Core, and the match is drastically elevated and fun.

Jakob Synn
04-03-2011, 01:07 AM
It'll probably be Kevin Nash but Kofi would be the obvious choice considering that Barrett beat Kofi for the IC Belt and would help push that feud. Though with it being Wrestlemania I don't think the writers or people watching really care about future feuds.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-03-2011, 07:30 AM
So, we're all in agreement that if it's Kevin Nash he turns on team Goofy ass and becomes the Coach/mentor of the Corre? Plus gives The Big Show the Souled Out Powerbomb?

BizarroKing
04-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Well it seems WWE.com is officially confirming Kofi Kingston will replace Kozlov

Mr. C
04-03-2011, 02:10 PM
How about Santino Marella ends up getting taken out by the Core, and the replacement for Koztino is Diesel and Kofi Kingston?

SaskatchewanChamp
04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
It's really fucking amazing how much you people bitched about Nash competing in TNA, and now, you all would fucking beat-off if he was involved in a match at Wrestlemania.

Tazz Dan
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Your point being?

The Naitch
04-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Oz will be IN THE BUILDING

Onyx
04-04-2011, 06:30 AM

Agreed. IC title with even the smallest storyline is still better than nothing at all.

I said all of this in a thread about Del Rio's push and pretty much had people bitch about it, saying he didn't need the IC belt, would be the next world champion, and blah blah blah. Sure enough, as I predicted, the IC belt gets left off of Mania AND Del Rio doesn't win the WHC. It's nice to see you guys feel similarly about Del Rio and the IC title. Having IC champ vs WH champ at Mania would have been nice to see. Oh well.

And in regards to Big D, having Diesel in the match against the Corre at Mania would have made much more sense in regards to story, plus would have been awesome seeing Santino team with 3 guys who could crush him just by sitting on him. Diesel, Big Show, and Kane would have made three parts to a legendary Survivor Series team at one time, and it's too bad the WWE didn't capitalize. Plus, I agree, the pop Diesel would have received would have been awe inspiring.