PDA

View Full Version : if you were SCSA back then...

NormanSmiley
04-07-2011, 02:47 PM
would you have frozen out Jeff Jarrett too?

never being a fan of Jarrett I didn't care that Austin shrugged his potential feud off with the whole "he doesn't hit the ropes hard enough" excuse. It's clear Austin was paying back Jeff for his dad dicking Austin out of $$ back in the day but..

If you were Austin knowing you had Vince's ear and could have used that feud to totally bury Jarrett as bad as you wanted would you have done that? Or just blow off the feud like Austin did and in a way..take the high road?

M-A-G
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
If I was as mad as Austin, under the same set of circumstances, yeah, probably. If I believed money could have been made, no.

CSL
04-07-2011, 03:06 PM
We don't know the actual story when it comes to the Austin not making much money while working for Jerry part so you can't answer the question really. But either way, by summer 1999, Steve Austin was already a rich man and could have made money with Jarrett and Triple H and pretty much chose to do neither for whatever reason. And I think that was pretty shortsighted, especially in Triple H's case who just went on to do it without him. And Jarrett too for that matter, who's proven he can be a world class heel and would surely only have prospered with Austin to play off of and a red hot product to execute it on.

NormanSmiley
04-07-2011, 03:12 PM
great points CSL

Emperor Smeat
04-07-2011, 03:14 PM
In Stone Cold's book or dvd about his early career, I remember him mentioning something about the only thing he ate for a long time was raw potatoes since he didn't make enough money to buy a stove. A few wrestlers took pity on him and bought him better food once in a while during his stay with Jarrett's wrestling company and maybe others before going to WCW.

Rammsteinmad
04-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Lol raw potatoes.

addy2hotty
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Wait, Austin wouldn't work with Triple H?

BigCrippyZ
04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Wait, Austin wouldn't work with Triple H?

Yeah, I don't recall this being an issue at all?

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I think it's the story is that Austin didn't want to job to Triple H at Summerslam 1999. So, they had Mankind win the title on the ppv and then job it to Triple H the next night on Raw. Austin and Triple H main evented the next PPV for the WWF title. Then Austin was "run over" and out of the WWF for surgery.

I think it's probably a bullshit story though because he put over Triple H in that three stages of hell match. They also had that awesome no-DQ brawl at Survivor Series.

Austin probably was hurt and didn't really want to have a big feud with somebody cause he knew that he was fairly close to need career threatening surgery.

TazFTW86
04-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Raw potatoes?? Shit his trunks when body slammed by Yokozuna?? What else did this guy do!

BollywoodSingh
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I think it's probably a bullshit story though because he put over Triple H in that three stages of hell match. They also had that awesome no-DQ brawl at Survivor Series.

But that was in 2001, when Triple H was already a main event star. The Summerslam match where Austin allegedly refused to put HHH over was in 1999, so HHH at that time wasn't really an established main eventer.

ORANGE-LOCKE
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
But that was in 2001, when Triple H was already a main event star. The Summerslam match where Austin allegedly refused to put HHH over was in 1999, so HHH at that time wasn't really an established main eventer.

yes, but Austin did put over HHH at No Mercy 1999 (the October ppv), but as someone noted, this was his last match before his neck surgery...he was "hit by a car" at Survivor Series 99.

Jordan
04-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I feel like Summerslam 99 was just a bad Vince Russo decision.

Savio
04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I think they did what they did @ SummerSlam to just get the title off Austin and have HHH win it off of someone more believable than beating him 1 on 1.

Volare
04-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Triple H winning it on RAW I think was better though, more "shock value" was added to his win.

Damian Rey
04-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Triple H winning it on RAW I think was better though, more "shock value" was added to his win.

Very true. I watched Summer Slam the night before, and was shocked to see H win the belt the very next night. Whatever the case, it always seemed odd to me that Hunter went over Foley instead of Austin.

Theo Dious
04-08-2011, 01:02 AM
...he was "hit by a car" at Survivor Series 99.

Why is that in parentheses when we have video footage of the incident and a boastful confession from the perpetrator?