PDA

View Full Version : Stone Cold Steve Austin says he could wrestle full-time again, so how about Punk vs. Austin?

Mr. C
04-08-2011, 12:12 AM
http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/2011/tv-news/wwes-stone-cold-steve-austin-on-tough-enough-wrestlemania

This pretty much confirms that Austin is willing to give us one more match. I’m not expecting him to wrestle full time, but since he said he’d able to, I think we’ll see at least one more match out of him in the ring soon.

Considering Punk and Austin are both opposites when it comes to lifestyles (Punk’s straight edge and Austin’s drinking), I can just picture their first promo: Punk lecturing Austin about how immoral he is; “What!?” Austin then says, “I respect your decision. Unfortunately, we’re two different species, so here’s to you and your straight edge life.” This is followed by a Stunner.

Aguakate
04-08-2011, 12:18 AM
...Possible, I guess...

...but Punk would rip him to shreds during his promos...I don't know if Austin wants any of that.

dronepool
04-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Austin vs Punk? Sure.

Lock Jaw
04-08-2011, 12:40 AM
"I'll fight you anytime, anyplace, you sumbitch..... LIKE WRESTLEMANIA 28 IN ONE YEAR!"

Damian Rey
04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
There's a lot of matches left for Austin these days. It was different when he left, seeing as he had pretty much done everything there was to against everyone there was to do it against.

These days, he could headline against the likes of Cena, Miz and Punk. My only issues is, he had such a great match to end a career on, that he would put on something less than stellar that wouldn't live up to the hype.

Punk, to me, is the best one in the aforementioned group to put on a great match against Austin.

Snowden
04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
The promos would be absolutely mint. Don't know what type of match Austin can work, but the build would be one of my absolute favorites I'm sure...they're just natural foils.

I'd also have to guess Punk would go over, being a full time worker and all. That would be a HUGE victory for him.

Aguakate
04-08-2011, 12:43 AM
If Austin is coming back, have him go against The Rock!

LuigiD
04-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I don't know about Austin vs. The Rock. Might be fun for a one time deal but I think it has been explored enough already. I think Austin vs. Miz or Punk would probably be more interesting. Like Damian Rey said, he pretty much already did everything that could be done. Seeing him against some fresh talent would be refreshing.

Damian Rey
04-08-2011, 12:54 AM
If Austin is coming back, have him go against The Rock!

Been there and done that. To death, almost. They had some great matches, but the allure for guys like us who remember and cherish the stars of the Attitude Era is the possibility of all the new dream matches that could be conjured up with today's stars.

Cena/Rock is a match people have been dying for, and we will finally get it come Mania 28.

For years, people have been saying Austin/Punk is already written and would be a dream match in its own right. That's what I want to see. Matches with my favorties of old going against the guys I enjoy today.

Let Rock/Austin live forever at Mania 19, and bring on Austin/Punk.

Onyx
04-08-2011, 02:20 AM
I have a feeling Austin might come back for a match, or to start the feud for a match, after the last episode of Tough Enough airs. I can just see the winner debuting, CM Punk or someone gives him/her shit, and Austin comes out to help one of "his kids" a la Al Snow from the first season. Hosting Tough Enough puts Austin in the ring again and has him working in the WWE again. That combined with seeing The Rock preparing for his huge return match against Cena will undoubtedly give Austin "the itch." Full time? Hell no. One more match? Oh Hell Yeah.

lara logan
04-08-2011, 02:28 AM
would rather Austin vs. Miz, more of punk's straight edge shtick is beating a dead horse at this point.

Droford
04-08-2011, 02:33 AM
I think they'll work something into Austin vs the Miz when the Miz rips on whoever wins Tough Enough. Punk could do the same thing I guess. I think the promos for both would be the highlights as I cant see the matches with either of them being that great.

Side note, but it seems like WWE is taking a step backwards from where they were going about a year ago transitioning to the younger stars. They bring back the Rock, Austin, Trish, Booker T....I get that they were all for WM/TE but it seems like in coming back they got bit by the bug and wanna wrestle.

I dunno if this is a good thing or not..

Jordan
04-08-2011, 02:35 AM
CM Punk vs Austin would be great but WWE could easily tie in a feud with Miz because of Tough Enough.

Rammsteinmad
04-08-2011, 05:32 AM
As long as Punk goes over, I'd totally love this idea! But to be honest, if he doesn't come back, I really don't think it'd bother me too much. It's the same situation as The Rock at Wrestlemania, whilst we all dream of Austin coming back for one more match, WWE has worked really well the last year to rebuild their rosters, and for every Austin/Rock return match, someone like Sheamus gets bumped or someone like Barrett gets squashed.

As a one-time match or a brief feud though, I'd definitely be happy to see Austin and Punk.

Bad Company
04-08-2011, 05:36 AM
...but Punk would rip him to shreds during his promos...I don't know if Austin wants any of that.

lol what?

RiX1024
04-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Sounds like a plan, book it.

Rock Bottom
04-08-2011, 06:57 AM
This is posturing, I think. Do I think he could do it? Yeah, probably can. Will he? I really doubt it. You can never say never, but he went through enough when he was the man in the company. Say what you want about him as far as being easy to work with, his personal demons, but it was a lot of pressure.

Whether or not the lift of that pressure inclines him to wrestle full time or live the comfortable life he deserves remains to be seen, but until he does again, I'm going to doubt it, especially on a full-time basis. That would open the door to a lot of physical pain and complications that I don't think his body can afford.

If he's pain free, good for him, I don't want him to come back and ruin it. Austin is such a legend to me. Hurting himself more would outweigh any enjoyment I could have of him coming back, from a fan's perspective. I hope he takes it easy and lives life to the fullest. Don't go back to hell when you've already gone to heaven.

Rammsteinmad
04-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Who gives a shit if his body is hurting? As long as the IWC gets their 'one more match' we're all happy.

:|

XCaliber
04-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I'd love to see it at an event like SummerSlam but if they were to book him at WM28 like they have with Rock/Cena I would find it very fitting if he were to face the other member big face of this era that being none other than The Viper and formerly known as the Legend Killer... Randy Orton and if not him why not The Miz?

Rammsteinmad
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
The Rattlesnake vs. The Viper :roll:

Aguakate
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM

I'm not interested in anything that involves Randy Orton...he's boring and bland as hell.

Volare
04-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Oh god lets not bring that up.

Ruien
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
What was Stone Colds last match?

Rammsteinmad
04-08-2011, 01:38 PM
vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania 19.

Though he did make appearances since then as special referees etc.

Attitude99
04-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Like Damian Rey said, he pretty much already did everything that could be done.

He Didn't Beat Taker at Wrestlemania :shifty:

The Naitch
04-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Watch him come back looking out of shape with a beer gut and wearing jean shorts like his match with Eric Bischoff at No Way Out 2003.

Rammsteinmad
04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
The Rattlesnake vs. The Viper vs. The Cobra.

Forgot about Santino.

:shifty:

jasean21
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
He Didn't Beat Taker at Wrestlemania :shifty:

Hmmm....He didn't.... Ahem.... Still got some things left in the ole tank...

He got back in shape....

JimmyMess
04-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Steve Austin seems like the type of guy who will not go back on his decision. That Texan country-boy attitude or something. He ended on his terms, his way. He doesn't need to get back in the ring. I don't think he's a mark.

I'd love to see another match from Stone Cold, but I think he's the one guy who won't go back. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Rammsteinmad
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
After John Cena defeats the Rock at WM28, Austin will come back the next night on Raw and challenge Cena to a match.

At Extreme Rules. :shifty:

Jeritron
04-11-2011, 06:46 PM
The way Austin's career ended was anti-climactic for a star of his magnitude, but it feels right.
He ended off with a classic match against his most legendary opponent, and deciding to ride off without a lot of spotlight fits him perfectly.
Having him and JR be the only ones to know that was his last match makes it all the better.

Now, I look at it as perfect because he has stuck to his retirement and gotten out of the business without overstaying, or wrestling far past his prime.
I don't think I'd even be all that keen on him returning to the ring at this point. There are tempting options, but I really don't know if it's worth it.

Jeritron
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I always looked at Rock and Austin as prime examples of how to "go out" on top. Not that it was ever final, but they both have been away from the ring for 7-8 years.
Hogan and Flair have never been able to do that.

Now, Rock is returning. That's a different case altogether because I never felt that his career was really over nor did anyone really. He's a different bag and I think he still has as much to offer in one more run as anyone else in the business.

But with Austin, I'm not sure what kind of results we would get. And it seems like he might settle into wrestling again if he came back. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.
It would also be tremendously exciting at first though.
Hard to say.

seapig4
04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9pt1HTZUQtM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Considering this is for a video game just imagine how epic it would be for real. I don't think I'd even need a match between them to enjoy a Punk/Austin program

Cool King
04-11-2011, 08:04 PM
The Rattlesnake vs. The Viper vs. The Cobra.

Forgot about Santino.

:shifty:

Don't forget Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Cool King
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Also, Rated R Classic, you missed a great opportunity to name this thread "Austin 3:16 says I could wrestle full-time!".

CSL
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
lol what?

wrestling is real duh

Mr. C
04-12-2011, 02:00 AM
If Austin were to do something in the ring and worked with Punk, that and Cena/Rock could make WrestleMania 28 the biggest Mania ever. Austin and Rock come back to take on two of the biggest stars they got today.

Raven Reaper
04-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Straight Edge vs NON STRAIGHT EDGE, I'D SAY OOOOHHHH HELLL YEAAAAHHH!!

DLVH84
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
That could work. Hell, Punk did a similar feud with Raven years ago.

The Jayman
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
the mew era?