PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so who's going to win NXT Season 5?

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2011, 02:56 AM
To be perfectly honest, I think that while this season of NXT has been pretty bland (I'm only really watching for William Regal's commentary and Maryse's outfits), some of the guys on NXT 5 are pretty solid, but it's just not clicking for them.

Titus O'Neil has both the redemption point lead and the best win-loss record. He's clearly the guy the WWE wants the audience to get behind. He might not win, though, just because he's so...green, still. That's the great thing about NXT, though -- the winner of this isn't going up to the main roster yet. They'll be toiling around on the next season, probably with a top babyface as their Pro.

Personally, I'm feeling like Darren Young should win. He just seems like the best all-round package on the show. Well, Byron Saxton is awesome, too, but he just doesn't seem like an NXT winner. None of the other guys are even in any position to win. Jacob Novak just has...nothing. It's like the WWE aren't even trying with him, and to be honest, I can't see him sticking around past his first-round elimination (again). Conor O'Brian has got something there, but it's just not clicking, and the guy's had quite a few chances. Lucky Cannon is a guy I want to see succeed, and while he's been far better this season, he's just not comfortable as the cocky heel the WWE wants him to be. I think he'll be the second or third guy gone, at the latest.

Despite this season being pretty awful, next season should be pretty good. The winner gets to choose their own Pro, and it just wouldn't make sense for them not to choose a John Cena or a Miz. Young being paired up with Cena, given their history and Young being excommunicated from the Nexus after his loss to Cena, would actually make a pretty epic story. Then you've got guys in FCW like Richie Steamboat, Brett DiBiase (who has appeared on WWE TV before, albeit briefly, which gives him a little something), Damien Sandow, Xavier Woods, Seth Rollins, Peter Orlov, Jinder Mahal, Tito Colon, Hunico, Leo Kruger and Bo Rotundo to choose your cast from -- I think it'll be a pretty good sixth season of the show.

Anyway, who do you think should win NXT 5, and which Pro do you hope to see them with in NXT 6?

Nicky Fives
04-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Lucky Cannon

Volare
04-11-2011, 07:57 AM
tbh, haven't watched any of season 5.

TheAdamEvansFan
04-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Adam Evans.

Gertner
04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Titus O'Neill

Xero
04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I really couldn't give a shit

Evil Vito
04-11-2011, 01:37 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I like NXT and all but even I really couldn't give a fuck less about this season. It's clearly just a stop-gap season to avoid having to call up more guys for a few months. I highly doubt the NXT5 winner will even go on to win NXT6.</font>

Evil Vito
04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Young being paired up with Cena, given their history and Young being excommunicated from the Nexus after his loss to Cena, would actually make a pretty epic story.

<font color=goldenrod>John Cena will not be on NXT.

Frankly, I don't even think ANY main eventers will be Pros again. Look at Del Rio, he was an upper midcarder when he started being a Pro, then the second he won the Rumble he stopped appearing.

I think the NXT5 winner will pick a guy at, say, Sheamus or Wade Barrett's level. But nothing higher than that.</font>

Corndad
04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
I've watched NXT since the beginning, yes even Season 3, but gotta be honest I feel the same way as Big Vito. Underwhelmed by this season so far.

I would say Darren Young is gonna win this season and be added to Season 6. I'm really looking forward to 6 a lot with all those guys in FCW ready to move.

XCaliber
04-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I like Darren Young but he couldn't cut it as a heel whereas I feel Connor could be both so he gets my vote here.

Triple Naitch
04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Titus O'Neill will probably win due to the reactions he gets, but Lucky Cannon has impressed me more than anyone else.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-12-2011, 01:24 AM
So what? They are just winning a spot on the next season of NXT. What kind of backwards ass logic is that? They win a competition to win a spot on the same competition they just won.

Darren Young has already beaten the guy who is his pro (Chavo Guerrero) and the announcer William Regal. Why is he on NXT now?

Who gives a shit who wins? They literally designed this season so that people will not want to watch it. The original plans that I heard was it was going to be some sort of father-son season. That would have been awesome.

Emperor Smeat
04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
I agree that this season seems a bit down and its due to the winner not really winning anything but a spot for next season when before it was a roster spot. It also doesn't help how the WWE is making it too obvious they want Titus O'Neil to win the whole thing or reach the final.

Having Hornswoggle as O'Neil's pro made it a lot easier for him to great crowd reactions and votes.