PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Smackdown tapings **SPOILERS**

Gonzo
04-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I just got back from Smackdown.

Don't know if anyone posted spoilers yet but Teddy Long announced a 20 man Battle Royal for the other contender spot to fight Del Rio at the PPV. Christian won. Very heart felt speech during the show and at the end of it. The locker room came out and a few guys came down to the ring. Chavo, Big Show, Rey, maybe one other, can't recall. I was just about to leave and Triple H's music hit, he came out and he and Edge shared a moment.

Edge thanked a bunch of people. He named Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Rey, Christian and a few others specifically. His mom was in attendance.

Definitely will be able to see me on TV, I was sitting 6th row ringside on the TV side, dead center of the screen. Wearing a red and white pinstripe shirt.

Good show, glad I ended up getting to see Edge's speech. I don't really follow the WWE that much if at all, so it was news to me he is retiring. I assume it's not a work, given the way the show went?

Gonzo
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Oh, the Corre is probably breaking up if they haven't indicated that already. Ezekial and Kofi had a match. Ezekial military pressed Kofi and threw him into the rest of the Corre who were all sitting at the announce table.

During the Battle Royal, Justin Gabriel threw Wade Barret out.

Juan
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
* Alberto Del Rio comes out and says tonight is about Edge. Del Rio says it is his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship but not this way. He says Edge should just come out and present him with the belt. Teddy Long comes out and says it won't be going down like that. Long informs Del Rio he'll still fight in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules for the belt but a new number one contender will be determined in a 20-man over-the-top battle royal later tonight.

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Kofi Kingston w/The Corre on commentary. After the match, Jackson gets on the mic and says he is the personification of domination and after the battle royal he will be the number one contender and everyone will know including The Corre.

* LayCool are shown talking to a therapist about being a team but Michelle McCool doesn't like it.

* Cody Rhodes comes out and says beating Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania isn't enough. He says he is going to win the battle royal tonight and win the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules. Winning the title will be the only gratification for his disfigurement and he will not stop until he disfigures Mysterio's face and gets vindication. Mysterio hits the ring and gives him a 619.

* WWE airs the Awesome Kong vignette.

* Rey Mysterio b. Drew McIntyre after hitting the 619.

* Backstage, Edge is getting an ovation from the Smackdown locker room. Edge and Kane shake hands.

* Edge comes out and gives a recap of his career. He says he is going to miss all of it. "Thank you" chants fill the arena. Edge says he wants to do his intro one more time. He's pumped now and talking about how great the WWE doctors are and says he's taking his girl and going surfing. Edge is happy he got to say goodbye in Albany because it's the place where he won his first championship. In fact it was in a cab in Albany where Edge came up with the nickname Edge. He introduces his mother who is sitting in the front row and thanks her for all her support. To him his title has meant everything to him but the belt is not his. Edge says every fan holds a piece of it as he relinquishes the belt. Edge says it's been a heck of a ride concluding another emotional shoot of a speech.

* Backstage, Alberto Del Rio interrupts Edge. Del Rio extends his hand but Edge stares him down. Del Rio smiles as Edge walks away.

* Kelly Kelly vs. Layla. Layla tries to do their entrance but Michelle McCool goes straight to the ring. Kelly wins via roll-up. McCool comes in the ring and shoves Layla across the ring and leaves.

* They air a video package of WWE superstars commenting on The Undertaker vs. Triple H from Wrestlemania.

* 20-Man Battle Royal to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules. Participants include Big Show, Chris Masters, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Barreta, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Christian, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, Brodus Clay and Kane. Justin Gabriel is eliminated by Barrett. Final four are Christian, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio. Mysterio eliminates Gabriel then sets Swagger up for the 619. Michael Cole interferes and takes the 619 for Swagger. Swagger eliminates Mysterio. Christian eliminates Swagger to win the match. After the match, Edge comes out and celebrates with him. Edge and Christian pose in the ring as the entire locker room clears out to applaud them on the ramp.

Aguakate
04-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Just give the title to Del Rio, GEEZ!

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Why?

Aguakate
04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
...because...

...it's his destiny.

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Well, I guess I can't argue with that reason.

Aguakate
04-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Actually, on a serious note, I wonder if, after losing Edge, having Undertaker out for some time, any star from RAW will be moved/drafted to Smackdown...

...Morrison, perhaps?

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
I heard murmors of The Miz, but I don't see that happening. Johnny Nitro probably won't cause he's in the bad books. Maybe Dolph will go back?

Jura
04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Have Edge and HHH ever feuded?

Mr. Pierre
04-13-2011, 12:10 AM
They had a short 3 week feud on SD! in the summer of 2008. HHH beat him at the Bash to retain the title. They also had that DX/Rated RKO feud for a few months.

Tazz Dan
04-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Edge and HHH never had a proper 1 on 1 feud, which was sad. I think I remember reading once that Trips didn't think Edge was in his league, or something along those lines. Edge could have carried Hunter to some good matches :y:

GD
04-13-2011, 01:40 AM
We are finally going to crown a new (first time) World's Heavyweight Champion at Extreme Rules :D

Shadrick
04-13-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm not understanding Del Rios dynamic. Was he a face or a heel at the taping? I'm gonna have to watch to see...

RKO'em
04-13-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm not understanding Del Rios dynamic. Was he a face or a heel at the taping? I'm gonna have to watch to see...

Del Rio, after reading that, is a heel. I don't understand why you would think otherwise.

Aguakate
04-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Del Rio's been a heel ever since he made his debut on Smackdown...

...why would anyone think he's face?

Londoner
04-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Can't wait to watch it. HHH being there was a nice surprise to read. Was watching a couple of promo's between the two yesterday, was great, if only they'd had a 1 on 1 match.

Rammsteinmad
04-13-2011, 04:43 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let Christian win the title at Extreme Rules!

Mr. JL
04-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Can't wait to watch it. HHH being there was a nice surprise to read. Was watching a couple of promo's between the two yesterday, was great, if only they'd had a 1 on 1 match.

The only one-on-one match I know of for sure of that the two had was the RAW in Japan back in early 2005.

The Jayman
04-13-2011, 08:20 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let Christian win the title at Extreme Rules!

PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!

Ermaximus
04-13-2011, 08:58 AM
If Del Rio wins at Extreme Rules, the Peep Nation will riot.

The Jayman
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
If Del Rio wins at Extreme Rules, the Peep Nation will riot.

It would make the LA Riot look like a small protest

Rammsteinmad
04-13-2011, 11:21 AM
If Christian doesn't win the title, it may put me off WWE for good. :roll:

Rammsteinmad
04-13-2011, 11:23 AM
But on a serious note, this was very smart of WWE putting Christian in the match.

Pretty sure this PPV will now have the full interest of the entire IWC.

Which just means more people downloading/streaming it. :D

FourFifty
04-13-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.talkingtranny.com/pics/diorama_close_f.jpg

Ermaximus
04-13-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.talkingtranny.com/pics/diorama_close_f.jpg

The Peep Nation is more powerful than the Cenanation. They're also much sweeter.

Jura
04-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I don't see you brah.

DAMN iNATOR
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see Edge make one last appearance @ Extreme Rules, just have him stand there just long enough to give Christian time to nail the Unprettier (fuck WWE, it's not the "Kill Switch" as far as I'm concerned...) and get the 1-2-3.

Either way, it's a win-win situation with a first-time champ being crowned. Doesn't change the fact that I still wish this whole Edge leaving suddenly thing was a work though.

RatedGSuperstar
04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
In terms of making a memorable moment, they almost have to have Christian win the title at Extreme Rules. Have Edge come out after the match or even sit on commentary or something. Even if they're not sold on Christian as a legit champion, let him have the title for a month and drop it at the next PPV or something with no harm done.

DAMN iNATOR
04-14-2011, 05:02 PM
In terms of making a memorable moment, they almost have to have Christian win the title at Extreme Rules. Have Edge come out after the match or even sit on commentary or something. Even if they're not sold on Christian as a legit champion, let him have the title for a month and drop it at the next PPV or something with no harm done.

A month? After everything the poor guy's already endured in his career? If they start a push with him now, I'd say give him at least till SummerSlam so it wouldn't feel/seem as cheap and rushed and unthought out as a token 1 month run.

Raven Reaper
04-14-2011, 08:21 PM
LayCool should break up already.. can't stand Michelle.. I'll expect a babyface turn for squeaky Layla. Haha.

Or better yet, have Kong beat the shit out of em when she debuts there I think.

kareru
04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
i just watched it

http://files.sharenator.com/manly_tears_randamoniam-s608x527-127333.jpg

Shadrick
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Del Rio, after reading that, is a heel. I don't understand why you would think otherwise.

Him saying "tonight is about Edge?" He doesn't want to win it this way? Offering to shake Edges hand before he leaves? Now obviously I, nor you, have seen it yet, but this doesn't scream heel quite definitively...

Jura
04-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Del Rio was smiling and winked at Edge as he held his hand out and then when Edge refused ADR just chuckled and winked with the other eye.

This week's SD was released on the internets early for some reason/somehow.

Tazz Dan
04-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Watched this a few hours ago. Was a pretty good show. I enjoyed Del Rio's opening segment, and Edge's IMO was better than Monday nights. The ending of the battle royale seemed to drag a bit long though, but the crowd were certainly behind Christian. I may have also shed a tear after the match.

XL
04-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see Edge make one last appearance @ Extreme Rules, just have him stand there just long enough to give Christian time to nail the Unprettier (fuck WWE, it's not the "Kill Switch" as far as I'm concerned...) and get the 1-2-3.

Either way, it's a win-win situation with a first-time champ being crowned. Doesn't change the fact that I still wish this whole Edge leaving suddenly thing was a work though.
And then climb the ladder to get the belt, right? :p

RatedGSuperstar
04-15-2011, 11:02 PM
A month? After everything the poor guy's already endured in his career? If they start a push with him now, I'd say give him at least till SummerSlam so it wouldn't feel/seem as cheap and rushed and unthought out as a token 1 month run.

Just to clarify, I'm 100% with you. I'm a huge Christian fan. I was just thinking along the lines of what could happen if they're still not sold on Christian as a main eventer, as dumb as it sounds. I would hope that they let Christian run with it and see how far he can go, but I'm not exactly optimistic, you know?

Lock Jaw
04-16-2011, 01:12 AM
http://img170.echo.cx/img170/3950/219copy7kg.jpg