PDA

View Full Version : So I guess that's it for Ziggs.

Road Warrior
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Since they've turned him into a generic Orton. IMO he was never over anyway and the only way he gets any heat is because of Vicky. Now they've taken away any look he had or whatever so I guess it's back to FCW or future endeavored. I for one won't miss him, he really brings nothing to the show.

Triple Naitch
04-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for yr. take.

Road Warrior
04-19-2011, 08:49 AM
yr. welcome

MoFo
04-19-2011, 08:53 AM
I thought he'd been released then you bastard.

:rant:

Jordan
04-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Well I agree. I was like "WTF?", horrible move. The tights were bad and the hair was worse, really took away his charisma to be honest.

XL
04-19-2011, 08:55 AM
LOL

He had a haircut and now he's doomed?

Tom Guycott
04-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Odd the match was vs Sydal... with short hair, they kinda look similar.

Road Warrior
04-19-2011, 08:56 AM
LOL

He had a haircut and now he's doomed?

His "look" was really the only thing he had.

Cool King
04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Why care about his hair? :-\

I still remember people bitching when Jericho returned with short hair, calling him gay and saying he looked like a lesbian. Then after everyone got used to the change, they still loved him. It's happened to a lot of wrestlers in the past that have made sudden changes to their appearance.

The majority of the time, the IWC bitches when someone changes something insignificant, like hair, attire, facial hair, etc.

Just give it time and you won't really care about Ziggler's hair anymore. The only reason people think it sucks and he looks "generic" is because it was a sudden change, and some wrestling fans aren't good at taking sudden changes.

JimmyMess
04-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Wait did I miss something? FILL ME IN.

Next Big Thing
04-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Eh. I don't think much will change for him. He's still decent in the ring and stale on the mic. Same shit, different toilet.

If anything, it shows that WWE is willing to make him over for some sort of renewed push.

Cool King
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Wait did I miss something? FILL ME IN.

http://michellemccool.net/nick/gallery/albums/wwewebsite/digitals/041811/RAW_934_Photo_025.jpg

Jordan
04-19-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't feel like I or anyone else is over reacting in this situation. The dude lost his look, and he had a great look, one that was main event quality, now he looks like an FCW Superstar.

JimmyMess
04-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh crazy.

Nothing looks wrong with that. Could work, have faith Hawk.

Road Warrior
04-19-2011, 09:02 AM

I still remember people bitching when Jericho returned with short hair, calling him gay and saying he looked like a lesbian. Then after everyone got used to the change, they still loved him. It's happened to a lot of wrestlers in the past that have made sudden changes to their appearance.

The majority of the time, the IWC bitches when someone changes something insignificant, like hair, attire, facial hair, etc.

Just give it time and you won't really care about Ziggler's hair anymore. The only reason people think it sucks and he looks "generic" is because it was a sudden change, and some wrestling fans aren't good at taking sudden changes.

Idk, maybe it's because I've never thought he was much of anything. I thought the only thing made him any different than anyone else was his hair and with that gone he really blends in with he roster instead of standing out. If he would of came out in a suit or something and cut a good promo about being "serious" then ok, I could by that. But the fact that he came out, said nothing, had a match vs. a mid card jobber and still wore his zebra tights makes me think that it doesn't really matter if he's on the roster or not.

Volare
04-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I wonder if he's gonna have some sort of mean streak now. In his entrance, he didn't do it normal "in the ropes, out the ropes/look at the crowd, in the ropes entrance. This was someone focused, sadly against a weaker opponent. If Ziggler would've came out of nowhere and challenged lets say Cena, and somehow won on RAW I could buy him. Right now, I want him to succeed, but I don't know how he's gonna do that.

TheAdamEvansFan
04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I dig the new look.

seapig4
04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm sick of retards saying Zig ain't over.

StevieA79
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Vince Mcmahon is famous for asking wrestlers on the bring of a big push to get a hair cut so it could be the best thing to happen to Ziggs!

That said he has what I call the "Mr Perfect" look with the long blonde hair, he looked a lot like a buff surfer and just oozed the heel persona because of that look. Now that he's lost that look (unless he dyes the short hair blonde) then he's lost a lot of what made him stand out from generic FCW talents that's for sure.

I can't say I did the new look I would have kept him as unique as possible because ultimately that's what helped Mr Perfect get over back in the day. I don't think Ziggs needed anything changing I think he has had good momentum for a while now and puts on good matches.

The new look still looks cool and all, but I am not sure it will help him stand out like the previous look did so it could harm his character. I don't know it could be too early to tell I am interested to see where his character goes from here though.

Londoner
04-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Dunno what people are on about saying Ziggler had nothing but 'his look'. He's been impressive in the ring for a long time now. that said, what a bizarre change but it could be they felt they wanted him to look more "professional" and are preparing him for a push...

lol@the generic randy orton comment btw.

Londoner
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh i see Stevie just said what i did already.

Evil Vito
04-19-2011, 10:01 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Ryan Nemeth will probably be signed so they can do a Kurt/Eric Angle bit now.</font>

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Maybe Dolph decided he wanted a haircut. Holy fucking jesus what an atrocity.

It's just hair people.

The Jayman
04-19-2011, 10:10 AM
So Dolph gets a new look right before the draft. I see a possible push

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
The fuck are you talking about, Jayman? He's got short dark hair now! Name one person in the main event picture with short dark hair. One. You can't do it. Ziggler is finished. Over. Done. This is the end for him. There's no coming back from this.

The Jayman
04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
But I had hopes. HOPES!!

loopydate
04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Remember when Miz switched to regular tights and everybody freaked out because it was "taking away what makes him unique?"

Or when Punk cut his hair? Or Christian?

Swiss Ultimate
04-19-2011, 10:39 AM
He needs to chew more gum.

JimmyMess
04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Supreme Olajuwon;3497835]Maybe Dolph decided he wanted a haircut. QUOTE]

Yeah its crazy how much people are up in arms about this. But isn't it up to WWE when guys get haircuts and stuff? Like didn't some guy a few years ago get canned cause he got a tattoo?

JimmyMess
04-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe Dolph decided he wanted a haircut.

Yeah its crazy how much people are up in arms about this. But isn't it up to WWE when guys get haircuts and stuff? Like didn't some guy a few years ago get canned cause he got a tattoo?

Volare
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I thought 420 was tomorrow.

Rock Bottom
04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
DOLPH, ZIGGLER, GETTING, BIG.

WATCH, RAW, MORE.

FIND, OUT.

voncouch
04-19-2011, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't say that Dolph's look was all he had going for him, but it was certainly his main selling point. He's above average in the ring and below average on the mic. I'm not saying he's completely screwed, but with a much stronger gimmick and some work on the stick he could be a solid mid-card worker and could put on some decent matches if they put him with the right people.

Hanso Amore
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
BACK TO FCW.

Though he was never fucking in FCW. and they tend to send lots of vets down when they having nothing to do with them, right? Rather than just release them....

All of this over hair....good thing it can grow back.

Hanso Amore
04-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Buncha Fags in this thread if you ask me.

Xero
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Though he was never fucking in FCW.
Yes he was.

Road Warrior
04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
BACK TO FCW.

Though he was never fucking in FCW. and they tend to send lots of vets down when they having nothing to do with them, right? Rather than just release them....

Actually he was in FCW just 3 years ago, so there went that argument.

Jura
04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Didn't he start off goofy and stuff? The hair and the vest were from that and now they are both gone. I say the haircut makes him look more serious and gives him a smoldering look since now you can focus on his face instead of the hair taking the focus away from it.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2011, 11:37 AM
What's kinda funny is there are pictures of the house show in Glasgow and he's still got the blond hair, so that means he got the haircut while he was in Europe. Seems like an odd time to do that.

Also wrestling Evan Bourne, it kinda looked like Dolph was beating up his little brother.

Still a fan of the look though.

jkman61494
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I feel some people underestimate a wrestlers look, especially when it's used as a crutch to make up for sub-par Mic skills.

I'd be willing to wager a lot of knowledgeable wrestling fans didn't know that this guy was the only member of the Spirit Squad to amount to something. Why? A repackaged look. Now he just looks like the guy who was having crap poured on him by DX.

Maybe he'll be just fine, but I agree that the haircut just looks like Orton, Bourne etc. It took something unique and made it, meh. His hair and style made his gimmick. He was the pompus looking man who was about perfection.

Now, he looks like some corn fed midwest guy that Nic Nemeth (real name) is.

I like the guy as he's had some of the better matches I've seen in a good bit. But I don't feel he was in need of a new look.

Other wrestlers on that roster need a repackaging a whole lot more. DiBiase, Daniel Bryan, even someone like Kofi Kingston to some degree.

Xero
04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
He needs to drop the ridiculous tights now, too. If this is a complete gimmick change, the zebra tights aren't going to cut it.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2011, 11:45 AM
The look is so important. You've gotta have a unique look or else you'll never amount to anything.

Pretty sure that's what Eric Bischoff told Steve Austin.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
It's also the reason Tyler Reks is having such a great career while Alberto Del Rio is doing nothing with his life.

Road Warrior
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
It's also the reason Tyler Reks is having such a great career while Alberto Del Rio is doing nothing with his life.

Yeah because Del Rio's character looks just like three or four other guys that you could easily inter change with him. :roll:

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah because Del Rio's character looks just like three or four other guys that you could easily inter change with him. :roll:

Short dark hair. Plain white boots. Plain gold trunks. What a generic nightmare!

CSL
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks like they might be getting serious about him. Wonder if they're regretting calling him Dolph Ziggler yet.

NormanSmiley
04-19-2011, 12:20 PM
the dude was in the spirit squad and is now attached to the biggest heat magnet in the company. if he can rebound from being a fucking male cheerleader i think he can go with a new hairstyle.

as pointed out earlier, see miz changing to traditional trunks. and i swear i remember a story where edge was told hed need to trim his hair to be in the ME picture. prolly internet dirt made up but was a story

Cool King
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Looks like they might be getting serious about him. Wonder if they're regretting calling him Dolph Ziggler yet.

They might make Vickie mention to Dolph that one thing that's stopping him reaching the top is his name and that nobody takes the "New" (serious) Dolph Ziggler seriously, so she suggests a name change.

Sortof like what she did with The Major Bros. So he might change his name to Nick Nemeth or something more "normal".

Haze
04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
the dude was in the spirit squad and is now attached to the biggest heat magnet in the company. if he can rebound from being a fucking male cheerleader i think he can go with a new hairstyle.

as pointed out earlier, see miz changing to traditional trunks. and i swear i remember a story where edge was told hed need to trim his hair to be in the ME picture. prolly internet dirt made up but was a story

Add to the fact that Miz also stopped styling/coloring his hair, and went for the more generic look.

Pretty sure it worked out for the best for him.

XL
04-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Odd the match was vs Sydal... with short hair, they kinda look similar.
I thought that was an odd choice.

Idk, maybe it's because I've never thought he was much of anything. I thought the only thing made him any different than anyone else was his hair and with that gone he really blends in with he roster instead of standing out. If he would of came out in a suit or something and cut a good promo about being "serious" then ok, I could by that. But the fact that he came out, said nothing, had a match vs. a mid card jobber and still wore his zebra tights makes me think that it doesn't really matter if he's on the roster or not.
You guys have got to be kidding me!

The only thing he has is his out-dated, straight outta the 80's look!? Are we being serious here!?

#1-norm-fan
04-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Eh. He does look terribly generic now.

Lock Jaw
04-19-2011, 02:58 PM
They should team him with R-Truth. Ziggler will supply Truth with cigarettes. Zigg's Cigs.

Emperor Smeat
04-19-2011, 04:00 PM
He does look a bit generic now but I was laughing at how similar he looks to Evan Bourne when Vickie showed off the new Ziggler.

The Show Off
04-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I think he looks fine. Looking generic isn't necessarly a bad thing. He is still good on the mic and good in the ring.

I think the really shit thing about him is the fact that he's named Dolph Ziggler... what a dumbass name.

DLVH84
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I think it's just to fit with the new environment he's in, since he moved from SmackDown! to RAW.

Lock Jaw
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/165cet.pnghttp://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/entertainment/davidboreanaz-angel.jpg

Looks like David Boreanez now.

Or Evan Bourne.

VSG
04-19-2011, 06:25 PM
You know who he looks like?

http://www.sqorpio.narod.ru/ss_nicky.jpg

Providence Peep
04-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Even though I liked his old look better than his new one, and even though he now beats out Daniel Bryan for the most uninspiring look on RAW, I think we need to be patient and see where this goes. Right now, I don't have a great feeling about it, and yeah, looks are important in the world of Sports Entertainment, and yeah he sort of does look like a jobber. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. But let's wait and see what happens. The fact that the change was acknowledged and that he still won his match might be a sign of good things to come.

parkmania
04-19-2011, 09:57 PM
BACK TO FCW.

Actually he was in FCW just 3 years ago, so there went that argument.

I thought he was in OVW, not FCW:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QOg1eFyuKwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: I guess he also spent time in FCW:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTUfMAXdVuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dronepool
04-19-2011, 11:08 PM
His hair may not matter in terms of skills but he looks like a generic wrestler. Line him up with Randy Orton, Ted Diabse and Cody Rhodes.

http://i53.tinypic.com/34rd21j.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
04-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Wow, some people are taking this completely backwards. The more serious haircut probably means a PUSH is coming. Not him being released, but rather given a meanstreak, dressed in suits, and given championship belts to look good with.

Ziggler's a gorgeous man, and any self-respecting hetero should be able to admit it -- but this is the first time he's actually been in the position to be a guy that looks like he could be sent to promotional functions as something more than a "dude who looks like a surfer."

Also, if you feel that his look was all that Ziggler had going for him, then you are a fucking idiot. Especially if you think him having bleached hair was what has bought him years with the company, World Title matches, and fuck, even a technical World Heavyweight Title reign. Someone in the company has a fucking perma-boner for the man, and I don't think it'll be going away now that they are molding him into their sexual main event fantasy.

Also, when Ziggler came out, I actually thought he looked like Randy Orton.

Mr. Nerfect
04-20-2011, 06:21 AM
This is like when a wrestler loses a fucking stupid gimmick and becomes a real deal, then complaining because the stupid gimmick isn't there anymore. Ziggler succeeded DESPITE being billed as a 220lbs man who liked to introduce himself to people with a ridiculous name and ridiculous hair -- not because of it.

DLVH84
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
You know who he looks like?

http://www.sqorpio.narod.ru/ss_nicky.jpg

The only difference is he's more cut, physique-wise.

XCaliber
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Come on everyone sing along I AM GENERIC... GENERIC!

Aguakate
04-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Randy Orton is generic, and look what he has achieved.

Ziggler looks more like Evan Bourne, than Orton.

CSL
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/wm136.jpg

WARNING: Generic guy sitting on Bret Hart. A pair of boots and kneepads away from being the default Create-A-Wrestler on Smackdown games. Will surely never amount to anything.

Aguakate
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I think the term "generic" here refers more to being "bland", "boring"...

...at least that's how I used it.

Ruien
04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Some of you people are legit crazy.

#1-norm-fan
04-20-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/wm136.jpg

WARNING: Generic guy sitting on Bret Hart. A pair of boots and kneepads away from being the default Create-A-Wrestler on Smackdown games. Will surely never amount to anything.

I may go to hell for saying this... but I firmly believe that Dolph Ziggler is no Steve Austin.

ron the dial
04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I think the term "generic" here refers more to being "bland", "boring"...

...at least that's how I used it.
well i'm glad we've got that definition squared away then.

Cool King
04-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I remember when everyone said this guy was "generic".

Some even called him CAWdy Rhodes. But as he's changed, so did people's opinions of him and now the IWC loves him.

IWC: Oh, look, it's CAWdy Rhodes. :roll:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QVw0_n97ras/TPT7I83VbFI/AAAAAAAAAGM/ZzIBP-I3_yU/s1600/Cody_Rhodes_21.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="300" height="27" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u58eKQ9AbLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IWC: I'm really liking this guy.
http://i56.tinypic.com/4uytr5_th.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="300" height="27" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q_Ki04XHpaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IWC: Rhodes is awesome! :love: Ted who?

http://i53.tinypic.com/106zn9u.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="300" height="27" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/peDN1PGD_Qw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So basically, what I'm saying is, like I said before, just give it time. You'll all be back to adoring Ziggler in no time.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-20-2011, 01:49 PM

I may go to hell for saying this... but I firmly believe that Dolph Ziggler is no Steve Austin.

No he's not, but so what? All this goes to show is that a generic look is not a death sentence like so many people are claiming it is.

Lock Jaw
04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
So basically, what I'm saying is, like I said before, just give it time.

NO. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PERFECT RIGHT NOW. :mad::mad::mad::foc:

#1-norm-fan
04-20-2011, 06:03 PM
No he's not, but so what? All this goes to show is that a generic look is not a death sentence like so many people are claiming it is.

I don't think it's a death sentence. I do think it's a bad thing though. Especially for someone like Dolph who is in NO position to be "Steve Austining" his way out of being generic.

And I actually never found Austin's look to be generic either. Who, when Austin was becoming a star, looked remotely like Austin?

The Naitch
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
And I actually never found Austin's look to be generic either. Who, when Austin was becoming a star, looked remotely like Austin?

The only guy I could think of that wore the standard black trunks/black kneepads etc was Psycho Sid

Loose Cannon
04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I made the Randy Orton look alike comment back in the Raw thread. He did remind me of 2003 Randy Orton.

But my take on this is what I think XL said back on page 1. to me they made him look more professional, which tells me they are grooming him for a big push. World Title push. I loved his old look, but I guess they thought that "gimmick" would never be taken seriously at the top.

So in a sense, the new look is more generic, but it's going to take him to the next level. I could really see them turning him babyface since Edge is gone.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2011, 03:32 AM
I actually thought during his match with Bourne, where he was made to look like a killer, that eventually Ziggler is going to finalise his re-invention process by dumping Guerrero from Team Dolph.

Londoner
04-21-2011, 03:39 AM
I made the Randy Orton look alike comment back in the Raw thread. He did remind me of 2003 Randy Orton.

But my take on this is what I think XL said back on page 1. .

TL***

THOUGH IF XL ALSO SAID IT THEN OK.

XL
04-21-2011, 04:21 AM
I remember when everyone said this guy was "generic".

Some even called him CAWdy Rhodes. But as he's changed, so did people's opinions of him and now the IWC loves him.

IWC: Oh, look, it's CAWdy Rhodes. :roll:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QVw0_n97ras/TPT7I83VbFI/AAAAAAAAAGM/ZzIBP-I3_yU/s1600/Cody_Rhodes_21.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u58eKQ9AbLo" allowfullscreen="" width="300" frameborder="0" height="27"></iframe>

IWC: I'm really liking this guy.
http://i56.tinypic.com/4uytr5_th.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q_Ki04XHpaE" allowfullscreen="" width="300" frameborder="0" height="27"></iframe>

IWC: Rhodes is awesome! :love: Ted who?

http://i53.tinypic.com/106zn9u.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/peDN1PGD_Qw" allowfullscreen="" width="300" frameborder="0" height="27"></iframe>

So basically, what I'm saying is, like I said before, just give it time. You'll all be back to adoring Ziggler in no time.
Give it a few weeks and the IWC will hate him again for some ridiculous reason.

#1-norm-fan
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
The only guy I could think of that wore the standard black trunks/black kneepads etc was Psycho Sid

Even then, Sid didn't look anything like Austin.

The Naitch
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
If anything, I thought he looked more like Evan Bourne. It's like the bookers purposely put those two together that night to tease them a little.

The Naitch
04-21-2011, 05:29 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/187/872/dolph-new-look1_crop_358x243.jpg?1303270367http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/135/278/EvanBourne_crop_358x243.jpg?1297708897

VS.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000701075/polls_McIntyre_4634_816836_poll_xlarge.jpeghttp://www.celebritydesktop.com/images/sports/wrestling_brian_kendrick.jpg

Dolph Ziggler & Evan Bourne VS. Drew McIntyre & Bryan Kendrick

CSL
04-21-2011, 05:38 PM
look how pretty that belt was

DLVH84
04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
look how pretty that belt was

I always liked that version of the Intercontinental Championship belt, no matter what colored strap it had.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
That belt looks fucking good on Drew...

Juan
04-21-2011, 07:59 PM
The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion is not thrilled with his new 'do as he wrote the following on his personal Facebook account the morning after the show: "I feel like 'bender' from Futurama, when they chopped off his antenna...."

lol

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm a Dolphan.

Loose Cannon
04-21-2011, 09:02 PM
what????? did Drew really have the white strap IC Title? when was this??

CSL
04-21-2011, 09:03 PM
That's a Drew McIntyre/Hunter Hearst Helmsley hybrid. That getup does suit him though.

Loose Cannon
04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
oh wow, didn't even realize. perfect for him

Jakob Synn
04-22-2011, 01:39 AM

Because everyone cares about the hair. I mean I remember when Metallica cut their hair and released Load so many fans were pissed. It's also happened with other musicians.

Hair seems to matter for some reason or another.

A radical change will turn off hardcore fans.

#1-norm-fan
04-22-2011, 02:13 AM
oh wow, didn't even realize. perfect for him

Yeah. I thought something was not right too. Especially when I realized it says "WWF" on the strap below his hand.

Mooияakeя™
04-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Maybe on the back of him mixing it up higher up the ladder, he's like going with a "I need to be focused" gimmick. Fuck's Vicky off (after a while to push him further in our faces) and then goes on to better things.

Have faith, u never know.

Tom Guycott
04-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Because everyone cares about the hair. I mean I remember when Metallica cut their hair and released Load so many fans were pissed. It's also happened with other musicians.

Hair seems to matter for some reason or another.

A radical change will turn off hardcore fans.

Case in point: Mike Awesome. Without the mullet, he was a generic looking big man. With the locks, he was the "fat chick thril-"

...you know what, forget I said anything.

DLVH84
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Case in point: Mike Awesome. Without the mullet, he was a generic looking big man. With the locks, he was the "fat chick thril-"

...you know what, forget I said anything.

Screw the WCW gimmicks...he will always be...THE GLADIATOR!!!

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I still don't get why people think Dolph being paired with Vickie Guerrero is a bad thing.

Ruien
04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I still don't get why people think Dolph being paired with Vickie Guerrero is a bad thing.

Because having a manager is terrible. Don't you read the forums? Oh wait....

Anybody Thrilla
04-22-2011, 04:58 PM
It seems that some people think that Dolph is piggy-backing off of Vickie's heat and not generating his own. In my opinion, if somebody is garnering Vickie's level of heat, there should be a way to transfer it into matches...and I'd sure as fuck rather see Dolph Ziggler in a match than Vickie herself.

NoRoolz
04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
I like it. I understand negativity, as he does now look like yet another generic wrestler. Short hair, short tights, oily body.

But, I think he was/is limited with the whole 'DOLPH ZIGGLER' get-up. I think, ideally, he gets drafted, gets some mic time, officially 'changes' his name to something less ridiculous than can be taken serious. Normal promo of 'this is my time, my new attitude, I'm gonna show you something you've not seen before'.

Nothing too drastic, but just him trying to be taken 'more serious'. A new finisher would be good too, the 'Zig-Zag' is dog. Re-package him, 'give him a ball, see if he runs with it.'. He's definitely got the talent, it's just the clicks that need to be put into place, and there's no way in hell DOLPH ZIGGLER 'I AM PERFECTION' SHIT HAIR SHIT FINISHER was the right one for him.

Calling this ridic. early, I think Dolph is gonna go on to be successful in WWE, and will look back on the Dolph Ziggler phase similarly to The Rock looks at his Rocky Maivia, HHH looks at his Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Austin as Ringmaster, so on and so on...

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't see how betting on a former World Champion is "calling it ridic. early..."

NoRoolz
04-23-2011, 06:10 AM
If you'd have said that 7 years ago I'd say fair point. But the World Title doesn't mean you've 'made it' now. Didn't he hold it for like a day, too? Come on, he's not even that over.... yet.

I'm calling him early to become a WWE stayer, longgg, successful career etc, and specifically will look back and laugh at Dolph Ziggler era in 15-20 years time. Pretty early to call all that ALIENOID06 YOU PICKY FUCK!!!

Destor
04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
the loss of the look i do dislike, but if it does indeed hurt him he can just REDYE HIS HAIR.

Destor
04-23-2011, 03:42 PM
and dolph with vicky is great, anyone who says otherwise is probably retarded. its mega heat so a good worker can go work...THATS WHAT MANAGERS ARE FOR.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Bingo.