PDA

View Full Version : NXT Season Six: NXT Generation?

Godfather4Life
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
here are my thoughts for nxt season 6 or NXT Generation (wwe legend with wwe pro) i know vicki isint a legend, so chavo classic as a replacement

IRS/Bo Rotundo
Ted DiBiase/Brett DiBiase
Ricky Steamboat/Richie Steamboat
Raquel Diaz/Vicki Guerrero/chavo classic
Animal/James Laurinaitis (long shot i know but you never know)

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
I actually like the idea of having some veterans being pro's. It will be interesting to see if they go down this track.

Triple Naitch
04-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Who will the diva wrestle?

Godfather4Life
04-24-2011, 08:40 PM
the diva can wrestle the 15 other divas plus a few in fcw. they all suck whats the difference. and maybe trish stratus or lita or whoever. who really cares??

Destor
04-24-2011, 09:03 PM
im lost...what is this?

VSG
04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
NXT season 6 is rumoured to have rookie/WWE legend type of pairing. Not confirmed.

BizarroKing
04-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Wait, isn't the winner of season 5 supposed to get a spot in season 6? How would that work?

Lock Jaw
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Wait, isn't the winner of season 5 supposed to get a spot in season 6? How would that work?

My guess is that it would work by the winner of season 5 getting a spot in season 6.

Anyways, does anyone still watch/care about NXT?

Especially with Tough Enough around now?

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
When the fuck did Lock Jaws rep go through the roof?

Also, yes people still watch NXT. Well, we do in Australia anyway. Every Wednesday night in HD :y:

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Speaking of rep, when did Sixx and Krispy get on top of me? Do I need to start posting more again?

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
THAT'S A HINT FOR SOME GREEN LOVE ASSHOLES :mad:

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
:shifty:

VSG
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Ever since he adopted that massive and entertaining gimmick.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I love NXT. This season hasn't been too spectacular, but I am looking forward to next season. I love that the winner of this season simply gets another chance. Right now, it's looking like the comp is Titus O'Neil's to win, so I'd predict that he joins Richie Steamboat, Bo Rotundo, Seth Rollins and whoever else they have in the next season.

I also think the show might gain some more steam when Tough Enough is over, and they can use some contestants in later seasons of NXT.

Corndad
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree with Noid. I have watched NXT since the start and have loved the majority of it and been very entertained. This season has kinda lost my attention at times though. I am REALLY looking forward to Season 6. I think this season got put on the back burner due to the Wrestlemania Season and Tough Enough starting back up.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I think those are definitely the reasons, Corndad. I think that's why they actually went with the Redemption storyline for this one -- because they didn't want to compete with themselves in Tough Enough. Vignettes for completely original NXT 5 guys (I believe I heard that Seth Rollins had shot one) were done, but they're apparently being saved for later now.

I do think there are a lot of problems with the show still, that could really use ironing out. Some of the challenges are both shitty and lazy writing. You also don't get too many proper feuds on NXT. I guess last season we had Brodus Clay vs. Johnny Curtis, but this season we have, well...Jacob Novak vs. William Regal (which I am greatly enjoying), Hornswoggle vs. Darren Young and the Yoshi Tatsu/Maryse/Lucky Cannon stuff. How about two rookies being determined to outlast each other? Or how about some sort of revolt against Lucky Cannon's attitude, where he gets beaten down by either the rest of the rookies or the Pros, leading to a Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket-like transformation in Cannon? Instead of shitty challenges for "Redemption Points" (which aren't even for immunity this season, but are "in case there is a tie," WTF?), why not let these guys actually work, and show off what they can do?

So yeah, I do love NXT -- but I do think there is still a long way to go for it.

Skippord
04-24-2011, 11:37 PM
what a shitty reward for winning NXT season 5

"you win NXT, good luck on NXT"

Destor
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
if nxt was still telivised in america i would prolly watch it provided i had nothing else goin on. loved the 1st two seasons tho. forced the fed to book. it was nice.

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Even though you eliminated yourself?

ZuttoKai
04-25-2011, 08:10 AM
They're on Season 6 of this already? Could've sworn NXT started, like, 3 weeks ago.. :shifty:

JimmyMess
04-25-2011, 08:12 AM

Wait what is the point of that? I thought that winners are supposed to move up in the world.

"Congratulations, now do it again"

That is stupid. NXT should be axed since Tough Enough is on, as others have said in this thread.

Hanso Amore
04-25-2011, 10:04 AM
How about this perspective

Win Season 5, and while the rest of the losers go back to FCW or get fired, you get to stay in the mainstream organization and build your name for another season. Why wouldnt you want that?

Gertner
04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
THAT'S A HINT FOR SOME GREEN LOVE ASSHOLES :mad:

Can't let my DZP partner get jobbed out like this!

Destor
04-25-2011, 02:00 PM
How about this perspective

Win Season 5, and while the rest of the losers go back to FCW or get fired, you get to stay in the mainstream organization and build your name for another season. Why wouldnt you want that?
thats the shoot of it, but the kayfabe of it is kinda dumb.

NormanSmiley
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
so you move from single a to double a ball type thing?

i agree that being on season 6 of nxt is already much too fast. and when you add tough enough i worry that wwe is assuming that if they put these winners on tv they will automatically be over cause everyone saw them on nxt of te. that they dont have to build stars or gimmicks. but id assume the same amount of people dont watch te or nxt as raw/smackdown

Lock Jaw
04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
No worse than Darren Young already being on the RAW roster, but then going BACK to NXT season 5 in order to try to get on NXT season 6 in order to get onto the main roster. Where he already was.

Godfather4Life
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
so the WWE is going to sign Jesse White (Vader's son) now we can add a new rookie and legend to nxt: generation!

Triple Naitch
04-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I remember that episode of Boy Meets World.

Lock Jaw
04-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah, that was a good one.

Also, I may be up for being a pro on Season Six.

Skippord
05-01-2011, 04:55 AM
is Cory going to be there to give Vader's son wrestling tips?

Triple Naitch
05-01-2011, 09:12 AM
No, he'll be at Topanga's Sweet 16 birthday party.

Ruien
05-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Season 5 is a group of everyone who has already lost NXT in the past. So they win this season to get a chance again to compete for a WWE contract. Makes sense to me.

Skippord
05-02-2011, 09:22 AM
No, he'll be at Topanga's Sweet 16 birthday party.
I wonder if he can do both.