PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Wolfe retiring!?

BizarroKing
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling, claimed in a blog post on Friday that the reason Desmond Wolfe has not been wrestling in recent months is because he has Hepatitis C—a viral disease that leads to inflammation of the liver. We can't confirm or deny this but have heard rumors regarding a disease he has.

Ricci adds that the former ROH World Champion will be offered an office job.

Wolfe last wrestled for the organization in August. He and Magnus were scheduled to receive a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Championship against The Motor City Machine Guns at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with TNA citing a "personal issue" as the reason. It was later reported that Wolfe was pulled from the event due to an undisclosed medical situation that would sideline him indefinitely.

Hulk Hogan is the only TNA Wrestling employee to publicly address Wolfe's status with the organization. When asked recently on Twitter about Wolfe returning to television, Hogan responded, "Desmond's situation is beyond TNA's control, the ball is completely in his court."

Now granted I'm not too sure how reliable the source is and all but...A office job? Does this mean Wolfe/Nigel McGuinness' career is over...? :(

Volare
04-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I think so, not too many guys wanna take a chance with Hep C.

Xero
04-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Nobody wants to be a Bob Orton, Jr.

KIRA
04-25-2011, 01:36 AM
I was just gonna mention him. Wasn't it Taker who super pissed that he had been put in the ring with Orton without being informed of Orton being a carrier?

Asmo
04-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Hep C is a brutal disease. Hope Wolfe doesn't succumb to it.

Vastardikai
04-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Surprised that TNA, given their track record on health issues, aren't trying to push Desmond to a World Title run at this point.

Schlomey
04-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Randy Orton has hep C or his dad?

JimmyMess
04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Randy Orton has hep C or his dad?

His dad is a carrier.

whiteyford
04-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I thought the rumour was that he had something UP with his nose:shifty:

Gertner
04-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Desmond Wolfe vs Bob Orton Jr! Hep C Vaccine on a Pole Match! Book it Russo!

Hanso Amore
04-25-2011, 10:05 AM
He can be a Heel to Sean Morley, who always gets tested before filming.

Xero
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
I was just gonna mention him. Wasn't it Taker who super pissed that he had been put in the ring with Orton without being informed of Orton being a carrier?

It wasn't so much as he was put in the ring with Taker than it was both Taker and Orton bleeding in the same match.

Sycophant
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Haha. Winner

mhirn3
04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
This is legit. He's done. I've known about this for a while now lol

Rollermacka
04-25-2011, 03:09 PM

Ouch thats cold Gertner, funny but still cold. I think this is the end for him, like I said before he started looking really small and unhealthy durring his run with Magnus. I know he was never "Batista" big but standing next to Magnus he looked like a cancer patient. (kinda figured he was having health problems)

MON$TER ENERGY
04-25-2011, 03:30 PM

lmfao!

KIRA
04-25-2011, 03:57 PM

That was a brutal shot ,still funny though

Pretty sure that wrestling match would turn into a real fight seconds after the bell

Emperor Smeat
04-25-2011, 05:36 PM
He could switch from wrestler to a full-time manager for Magnus or another wrestler if he wanted to as a way to stay on the roster without having to wrestle in a ring.

Ultra Mantis
04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Makes sense in a lot of ways.

Fail WWE medical due to Hep C, go straight to TNA without doing a medical for them, go over top babyface, job repeatedly, fall ill, retire, come back as on-air Network authority figure, win TNA title.

DLVH84
04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
I think he could still wrestle. I think he needs to take some time off in an attempt to fully recover from it. Just like Jumbo Tsuruta did.

Triple Naitch
04-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Excuse me, DLVH, I think you dropped a name.

DLVH84
04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Excuse me, DLVH, I think you dropped a name.

That was not my intention. It's just that Wolfe's ordeal is similar (although Jumbo had hepatitus B).

CSL
04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Which is very different. You don't recover from Hep C like you can with Hep B. Not to mention the fact that Tsuruta didn't really come close to recovering from Hep B himself either and it probably played a pretty big role in his cancer/eventual death since Hepatitis is one of cancers best friends.

Gertner
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Which is very different. You don't recover from Hep C like you can with Hep B. Not to mention the fact that Tsuruta didn't really come close to recovering from Hep B himself either and it probably played a pretty big role in his cancer/eventual death since Hepatitis is one of cancers best friends.

Owned

DLVH84
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
True, but I think if Wolfe does want to continue, I think he's going to end up on the lower card-to-lower mid-card matches, which mostly likely going to be tag matches, considering his condition.

CSL
04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
ok

Xero
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
True, but I think if Wolfe does want to continue, I think he's going to end up on the lower card-to-lower mid-card matches, which mostly likely going to be tag matches, considering his condition.

He shouldn't be wrestling at all "in his condition".

"Alright! I get to risk a deadly disease tonight! Can't wait to wrestle Desmond!"

CSL
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
He just needs to take some time off. Faith healing and voodoo will do the rest.

Executioner
04-25-2011, 11:44 PM
He could switch from wrestler to a full-time manager for Magnus or another wrestler if he wanted to as a way to stay on the roster without having to wrestle in a ring.

I wouldn't mind seeing this...Desmond becoming the figure head of the British Invasion...

Testicle
04-26-2011, 01:05 AM
I think he could still wrestle. I think he needs to take some time off in an attempt to fully recover from it. Just like Jumbo Tsuruta did.

WTF are you talking about? Tsuruta died because of the stuff.

Testicle
04-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Anyhow... It's unfortunate that Nigel has to retire due to this. He is very talented and I think he could have made it big in WWE.

Testicle
04-26-2011, 01:10 AM
"> (http://www.tpww.net/forums/%3Ciframe%20title=)<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7lG_nSwQn3E" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe> (http://www.tpww.net/forums/%3Ciframe%20title=)

Mr. JL
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Did Desmond ever bleed in TNA? If so, the whole roster is probably at risk as it is a disease that can take a while to surface.