PDA

View Full Version : If you had to root for a team besides your own

El Fangel
05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Which would it be and why?

I Would likely go for Anaheim myself, Getz and Perry are two of my favrite players.

I'm interested in Gertners and Spilchuks answer to this.

LoDownM
05-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Probably the Avalanche.

BigDaddyCool
05-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Fuck them, I won't do it.

OssMan
05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
So basically what's your second favorite team

Supreme Olajuwon
05-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Oakland, Colorado, Buffalo, Detroit, San Francisco and New Orleans :y:

Shaved Monkey
05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Probably the Senators seeing as they're the home town team and all.

Arashi Kage
05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
The Pens have always been my favorite team since I was young enough to follow hockey. However, since Lemieux retired for the second time, it's been more or less a formality.

I like to cheer for every Canadian team along side the Pens now. Yes, even the Leafs (I was a huge Leaf's hater for 20 years). I'd like to see the Cup finally come home and hear Buttman boo'd at center ice.

Gertner
05-10-2011, 07:18 PM
This is tough, because I can't imagine rooting for anybody else. When the Leafs don't make the playoffs I end up cheering against teams I hate. I ESPECIALLY don't want a Canadian team winning it.

If the Leafs didn't exist, probably Boston because I love fighting and hitting, even though Jack Edwards is a douche.

Baseball, hmmmm wow, the Phillies because I love Roy Halladay

Football, Arizona Cardinals and I have nothing to back this up, just have always liked them.

Basketball is easy : Toronto Raptors. The only reason I'm not a fan is because I was a Jazz fan before the Raptors entered the league.

EPL: Stoke. I love underdogs. Chelsea has really pissed me off this season though.

Lara Emily
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Canucks, they are my where I live team

Nicky Fives
05-10-2011, 08:01 PM
NHL: Edmonton Oilers (HUGE man-crush on Jordan Eberle)
MLB: COlorado Rockies
NBA: n/a
NFL Miami Dolphins

Emperor Smeat
05-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Usually its whoever is facing the rival or team I hate but more when its done in the playoffs (ex. Mavs over Lakers or anyone vs Duke).

Cardinals in NFL (logo reminds me a lot of my first pet I cared the most for)
Braves and Cubs in MLB (Braves due to TBS, Cubs due to being related as "Loveable Losers" with the Red Sox for years).

A few others would be more of the specialness of the moment if they won (ex. Saints in NFL) or grew up watching at the time (ex. The Bulls due to Jordan) but wouldn't last long enough to become a 2nd team to cheer for.

Nark Order
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.bucksnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bucks-news1.jpg

Razzamajazz
05-10-2011, 08:41 PM
chicago, because they are better than wisconsin at everything

Supreme Olajuwon
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
except football

XCaliber
05-10-2011, 10:52 PM
The Senz since they are the closest thing to a home team and as for MLB i'd have to go with the Boston Red Sox since they are part of the same division and have had several of my favorite players on their roster in the past and presently.

MVP
05-12-2011, 11:16 AM
NBA: Orlando Magic - I grew up as a Magic fan with Shaq and Penny Hardaway on the team

NFL: San Fancisco 49ers - Always been my 2nd favorite NFL team

NHL: San Jose Sharks - Still a Joe Thornton fan, even since the trade

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals - Just because

DaveBrawl
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
NFL: Rams or Redskins
MLB: Braves
NHL: Flames or Capitals
NBA: Heat or Wizards

parkmania
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
NFL: Whoever Cleveland, Baltimore, and Cincy's opponents are
MLB: Whoever the Mets opponent is
NHL: Um, I'll jump on the Lightning bandwagon, I guess.
NBA: I refuse to watch it currently, so I would continue to not watch.

Skippord
05-13-2011, 04:09 PM
NFL: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers because I love Raheem Morris and LeGarrette Blount
MLB: The Rangers since I lived in Texas for a time and I like C.J. Wilson/Ian Kinsler
NBA: T-Wolves
NHL: used to be the Red Wings, but I hate Todd Bertuzzi so much it's become the Thrashers

Damian Rey
05-19-2011, 09:22 PM
The Angels used to be my fav. AL team, but I've grown tired of Mike Scioscia and they way he goes about things.

Right now, I'm a pretty big fan of the Rays. I like the way they do business. They have that small market shit down. Not to mention, Evan Longoria is awesome.

Skippord will like this; My NL team outside of the Padres is the Rockies. Love Tulo. Guy is amazing to watch.

Sean
05-20-2011, 02:29 AM
I put the teams I do root for in parentheses.

NHL: Kings (Bruins)
NCAA Hockey: North Dakota (Northeastern)
EPL: Everton (Tottenham)
NFL: Chiefs (Patriots)
MLB: Rockies (Red Sox)

Could never root for a traditional rival or a divisional opponent, picking the Chiefs is even dodgy for me since they're in the AFC. I usually prefer a team with tradition but fans go a long way which explains the Rockies. And I hate glory hunters so even though this is purely hypothetical, I took that into consideration (couldn't pass up NoDak though).

weather vane
05-21-2011, 02:49 AM
NHL: I like the St. Louis Blues for some reason... the Jets when they come back though
NFL: I used to also like the Bills/Giants but they can fuck off now. Maybe the Ravens?
NBA: Raptors I guess... who cares?
MLB: San Francisco Giants or Toronto Blue Jays ... even the Cubbies

Kris P Lettus
05-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Steelers or Ravens cause they both pound the ball and play smashmouth defense..

JimmyMess
05-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Whatever team is playing the team that knocked my team out lol.

The Naitch
05-25-2011, 08:23 PM
San Jose Sharks has a cool look, something about them I like - I root for Vancouver though

Kapoutman
05-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Penguins, because I was a big Lemieux fan when I was young. Maybe the Avs because of loyalty for Sakic. Sharks are another possibility. I like Marleau even though he was shit this year in the playoffs.

Ermaximus
05-26-2011, 11:33 PM
NFL: Oakland Raiders and the Indianapolis Colts
MLB: Oakland A's and the Florida Marlins
NBA: Orlando Magic and the Dallas Mavericks
NHL: San Jose Sharks and the Pittsburgh Penguins

asphyXy
07-29-2011, 04:51 PM
http://winnipegjets.org/wp-content/uploads/Winnipeg-Jets-Logo-Feature.png

SammyG
07-29-2011, 11:17 PM
NFL: Colts