PDA

View Full Version : DDP speaks on thoughts about returning to WWE

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
DDP On A WWE Return: “I spoke to Johnny Ace about this…I haven’t heard back from him on it. I told him I would love to do some kind of PR. Some public relations. That sort of thing is what Vince [McMahon] wanted me to do when I left. He wanted me to stay and be the color-commentator but I was burnt out of wrestling for so many years and I needed a break. Long story short, 10 years later I’m still doing pretty well but I would love to be a part of the WWE family.”

From the front page, btw. I just don't think it would work out. He unfortunately blew his last shot in WWE when he took that awkward injury off the top rope on an ep. of SD! way back in '02. I think had he stayed healthy then, yeah, he could've had a few runs with the tag belts given the right partner and maybe a short 1-time world title run if everything fell into place just so...but it didn't.

Maybe they could include him in the next set of "PLEASE...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" ads, and have him tell the younger kids that don't know what happened to him, since he wants to do some PR work. Just a thought.

BizarroKing
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
He'll be Tyson Kidd's manager for 2 weeks after he gets dumped by Estrada.

nah j/k

XCaliber
05-31-2011, 01:35 PM
He could make a good commentator for SD he'd be an upgrade from who they have now that being of course Booker T which whom hasn't improved much over the weeks.

Shadrick
05-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd sell my soul for a Diamond Cutter.

Not an RKO, a Diamond Cutter.

Nicky Fives
05-31-2011, 02:13 PM
I think he'd be a better mouthpiece/manager than a commentator.....He'll always be in great shape and physically get involved more effectively.... However, i don't see anyone on the roster than he would be a good fit with..... maybe there is someone from Jersey in developmental.....

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
I know we'd never see him in-ring again...unless of course in the past 10 years or so he's switched to a medical insurance plan or whatever it was that actually would cover him if he was a physical competitor.

I'm amazed that one little bit of the few seconds of that interview on Confidential have stuck with me for so long.

Hanso Amore
05-31-2011, 02:28 PM
He started as a manager, and would kill it as a manager now. That would be PERFECT.

XL
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
RAW GM REVEAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCC0Sx_zXQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCC0Sx_zXQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s)

XCaliber
05-31-2011, 02:43 PM
RAW GM REVEAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCC0Sx_zXQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCC0Sx_zXQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s)

Oh and that's not a bad thing... THAT'S A GOOD THING! :lol:

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 02:53 PM
http://trg.fireball20xl.com/random/ddp_awesomeface.jpg
The crazy "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE SMILE! :D" after he said that was what cracked me up...much more than the "not a bad thing...it's a GOOD thing!" catchphrase.

Jordan X
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM
DDP could be a great leader for a heel stable of WWE cast off's or misfits. Guys like Brodus Clay, Michael Tarver, Skip Sheffield etc...

Wishbone
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
I honestly couldn't give two flying fucks about DDP coming back he's been out of the limelight for so long I dought that most of today's audience would even know who he was.

MoFo
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
no thx

XL
05-31-2011, 03:35 PM
I honestly couldn't give two flying fucks about DDP coming back he's been out of the limelight for so long I dought that most of today's audience would even know who he was.
Same could have beeen said for Bret.

parkmania
05-31-2011, 04:00 PM
DDP could be a great leader for a heel stable of WWE cast off's or misfits. Guys like Brodus Clay, Michael Tarver, Skip Sheffield etc...

So, you want him to be the voice of A.P.P.L.E., huh?

Jordan X
05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
A.P.P.L.E will never be forgotten.

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM

Not if he kept his old theme. :shifty:

Verbose Minch
05-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Same could have beeen said for Bret.

It's a little outrageous to put Bret and DDP on the same level.

DLVH84
05-31-2011, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Diamond Dallas Page back in some capacity, whether as a wrestler, manager, or color commentator. Although he did start out late in life, he accomplished so much in the sport. For that, he's got my respect.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BQlPd-8_2xQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fox
06-01-2011, 03:14 AM
DDP will Diamond Cut your mother and she will like it.

Jimmy Cones
06-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Wasn't WWE talking about bringing back managers? He'd be perfect for some young talent that can't talk. Mason comes to mind or Skip if he ever comes back. Even Tyler Reks would be a decent candidate. I think him and Zach could come up with some funny stuff, but Zach can talk without a manager... but it might fit his character to have a manager and would make him more legitimate in the eyes of the casual fan. In any case, I 100% support a DDP management position.

DLVH84
06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Wasn't WWE talking about bringing back managers? He'd be perfect for some young talent that can't talk. Mason comes to mind or Skip if he ever comes back. Even Tyler Reks would be a decent candidate. I think him and Zach could come up with some funny stuff, but Zach can talk without a manager... but it might fit his character to have a manager and would make him more legitimate in the eyes of the casual fan. In any case, I 100% support a DDP management position.

Yeah, besides he managed Badd Company to win the AWA World Tag Team titles from The Midnight Rockers.

Nicky Fives
06-01-2011, 11:51 AM

I was thinking that Hawkins & Ryder would be the best fit for him now, but Ryder can carry himself on the mic well enough to not need the help..... If Hawkins were given the opportunity to talk, we might see that he doesn't need it either.....

Juan
06-01-2011, 11:56 AM
DDP speaks on thoughts

XL
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
It's a little outrageous to put Bret and DDP on the same level.
I wasn't putting them on the same level. I was merely stating that some people could have said that Bret was relevant anymore before his latest run with WWE. I'd bet that some people did in fact.

I think it was more a case of WWE giving Tyson Kidd a manager one week and the IWC jumping to the conclusion that we would now see "The Return of The Manager as a Mouthpiece". Cue a list of 50 guys that "need" a manager and lots of butt hurt posters when it doesn't happen.

Further reading: the "WCW Themed HoF/WrestleMania", "Sting to debut in WWE", etc.