PDA

View Full Version : question about RF VIDEO

Seth82
06-07-2011, 10:47 PM
question for people whom have bought tapes from RF Video

I am looking at buying a few ECW shows I don't have and wondered if they left in the original theme music

or replaced it with generic stock music

CSL
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Stock music on most official releases I've ever seen :-\

Innovator
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
"I'll pretend you said 18"

CSL
06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
if you mean specific RF Video releases then they can't be official with WWE owning the trademark so I doubt they'd go through the effort of dubbing/replacing the music

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I doubt they edit anything out of the FanCam series. I bought a VHS of "Before Stone Cold Said So" from an RFVideo Mall Cart a few years ago and it didnt edit anything out.

Seth82
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM
if you mean specific RF Video releases then they can't be official with WWE owning the trademark so I doubt they'd go through the effort of dubbing/replacing the music

ah cool

just wanted to find out before I shelled out money and they put in shitty stock music

Xero
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Well I've heard that RF Video actually owns the rights to those videos officially. But yeah, I'd guess they don't have much dubbing, if any. But don't quote me on that.

CSL
06-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Well I've heard that RF Video actually owns the rights to those videos officially. But yeah, I'd guess they don't have much dubbing, if any. But don't quote me on that.

busteddd

Seth82
06-07-2011, 11:08 PM
yeah I wondered how the hell they could sell them when WWE owns the library and trademark

CSL
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
there's probably some variety of miniscule copyright law somewhere stating that something like that isn't held to the same standards of proper releases because you're supposed to be getting the experience of the person who filmed it or some gimmick, not that specifically but something approaching that maybe (for the music I mean). That and I doubt Hetfield, Lars and their army of lawyers are going to be looking for 911 vs. Chilly Willy anytime soon.

Xero
06-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Take this for what it's worth. It's from a random blog I found, but it's pretty much what I've heard elsewhere.

===

As far as the video of this match goes, ECW actually had an agreement with a company that allowed them to shoot footage of house shows, the stuff that wouldn't get on TV. ECW's TV production was already low-key, but the Fan Cam shows took it a step further, as the guys filming shows weren't even accorded professional-grade cameras, and Joey Styles, the voice of ECW, didn't call the matches. The footage exists in a weird sort of negative zone--WWE owns the ECW tape library, but ECW didn't own these shows. That means that a significant chunk of poorly shot ECW history is being sold without a dime of it going to the pockets of Vince McMahon. Of course, a lot of it's kind of lame, but it's disappointing that a hypothetical Best of ECW Volume 3 DVD won't have a weird little thing like this as an easter egg.

==

And, as a bonus, here's a look at the quality with Lance Storm vs. Jerry Lynn.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-8j5HxOyH0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-8j5HxOyH0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

CSL
06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
is that the so-called "no bumps" match?

Xero
06-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah.

CSL
06-07-2011, 11:22 PM
lol yeah, think it is. 'tis pretty cool despite some questionable 'bumping'

Seth82
06-07-2011, 11:43 PM
yeah but RF Video sells other ECW shows aside from Fan Cams

does WWE not know they sell the monthly shows at the ECW Arena?

as well as ECW TV

Brian Bee
06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
I too wonder how they get away with selling Hardcore TV all these years later, but to answer your original question, everything they sell on tape and what they've converted to DVD is shown as it originally aired with no editing. A lot of episodes even have the local commercials intact from whichever station that episode happened to be taped off of, be it Sunshine, SportsChannel, MSG, etc. Definitely worth the investment.

Seth82
06-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I too wonder how they get away with selling Hardcore TV all these years later, but to answer your original question, everything they sell on tape and what they've converted to DVD is shown as it originally aired with no editing. A lot of episodes even have the local commercials intact from whichever station that episode happened to be taped off of, be it Sunshine, SportsChannel, MSG, etc. Definitely worth the investment.

awesome thanks man :y:

Tom Guycott
06-08-2011, 02:53 AM
lol yeah, think it is. 'tis pretty cool despite some questionable 'bumping'

About 6:12 did Lance say "I fucked up. I bumped." after that jawbreaker?

Also, nice segue from the botched half crab "U fucked up!" to "U.S.A!"

kareru
06-08-2011, 08:37 AM
i think he replaced all the music with nursery rhymes and those tunes that the ice-cream man plays

Innovator
06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
i think he replaced all the music with nursery rhymes and those tunes that the ice-cream man plays
About time someone else besides me mentioned it.

Seth82
06-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't give a shit he's a pedo

I just want some cool tapes

kareru
06-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't give a shit he's a pedo

I just want some cool tapes

:shifty:

the FBI could take this out of context

:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty: