PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3

D Mac
06-09-2011, 03:13 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bT98BAUXpBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YESSSS

D Mac
06-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Surely I'm not the only one interested in this. I wonder if you'll be able to customize your own multiplayer maps and share them like in the last one.

Emperor Smeat
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Some new details with most being fixes from Far Cry 2 such as the reappearing guards at checkpoints.

"The checkpoints, I think we're trying to fix something there," lead designer Keen told VideoGamer.com at Ubisoft's summer showcase this week. "I think they're trying to give you something to do as you're moving around in the world, and that's certainly something we're trying to do as well. I think they were trying to do something that perhaps they didn't have enough time to implement in the way they would have liked to have done, fully. We're trying to fix it. We're not trying to get rid of elements of the gameplay per se. Some things will go, some things will stay."

Part of the problem is that Far Cry 2's checkpoints didn't really mesh with the rest of the world, said Keen.

"It's really really important that you feel engaged as you are moving around and that you feel there's a diversity there in the world - that it's a living world. I think that was one of the bits with the checkpoints that slightly fell over - it was too much of a look behind the curtain. You move away, and then you come back and the massive, involved firefight you've just had is completely forgotten. They served their purpose, but again, we want to give more of a feeling of a natural world that's going on around you, one that's progressing with or without you around.

Even though the demo didn't show guns jamming up like in Far Cry 2, the studio has said that feature hasn't been ruled out for Far Cry 3 but at the same time they are still deciding if the feature will mesh well with the new changes for the game. They also admitted that the community was torn between hating the guns being able to jam and those that liked it.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/far_cry_3/news/far_cry_3_may_feature_jamming_guns_guard_checkpoints.html

D Mac
07-16-2011, 03:44 AM
I didn't mind the gun jamming. It showed some sort or realism.

Fignuts
07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Wasn't worth the annoyance, imo. If they made weapons last longer, I wouldn't be so against it. Or if they had a more convenient system for repairing.

And thank fuck christ they are fixing the checkpoint problem.

Also hoping for more wildlife in this one. Like on RDR's level.

Mooияakeя™
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
A different team made FC2 than the original FC. Who is making this one? In fact, which was best Crytek's or the FC2 guys?

Emperor Smeat
07-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Same studio that made Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft Montreal) although this time Ubisoft is also using Ubisoft Massive and Ubisoft Shanghai.

I think either Crytek sold the series to Ubisoft after the first game or Ubisoft owned the series from the start but used a 3rd party studio to develop the first game.

Crytek developed the first game with the idea of it becoming a benchmark for PCs similar to what they later did with both Crysis games.

D Mac
12-04-2012, 06:08 AM
Picking this up before work today. So syched.

It got a 9 from IGN.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Picking this up before work today. So syched.

It got a 9 from IGN.

Oooo, it got a 6.9 on the random number generator in Excel.

Which is as much of a reliable source as IGN.

The Destroyer
12-04-2012, 06:19 AM
I don't think it deserves the massive praise that's been heaped on it. It's alright, but I've played better. Fixed some of the niggles of Far Cry 2 at least.

Fignuts
12-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Dunno, I'm really enjoying it.

D Mac
12-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Skyrim with guns

#BROKEN Hasney
12-05-2012, 06:52 AM
So, Fallout 3 then?

D Mac
12-05-2012, 06:57 AM
9 from gamespot and 10 from EGM.

Also, I almost shit myself when I first got attacked by a komodo dragon.

Fignuts
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Skyrim with guns

So, Fallout 3 then?

It's not an RPG. There are character building aspects like a rudimentary skill tree and item crafting, but it's not as in-depth and extensive as a real RPG would be. The combat is pure FPS, there are no calculators working behind the scenes like in Fallout.

Other than that, they're fairly similar.

Fignuts
12-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Done a few story missions, but I've spent most of my time so far doing side stuff.

Loving this game. Sooooo happy that weapon degradation is out. It sounds like a neat idea on paper, but over time it just becomes annoying.

Been rocking a silenced sniper rifle with variable scope. Best bart so far was when I let some turkey thing out of a cage and it mauled a dude.

Killed a tiger with C4. Maybe a bit overkill, but those fuckers are bullet sponges.

Fryza
12-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I am not able to play this game without also playing 'Yackity Sax' in the background.

I have been chased by sharks, boats, pirates, dogs, leopard, tigers, and (exactly) seven komodo dragons at varying points within a two hour span.

I like this game. Why doesn't it like me?

The Destroyer
12-08-2012, 06:27 AM
The game has an agenda. Nature wants you dead.