PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Triple H is a better ACTOR than The Rock, and has more acting potential.

Heyman
04-29-2004, 04:26 PM
DISCUSSION - Triple H is a better ACTOR than The Rock, and has more acting potential.

I'm not going to 'back up' my claim because that would make too much sense, but lets just say that I'm a "going on a limb" here.

On another unrelated note, Eli Manning will never be ANYWHERE NEAR as great as Peyton. At best, Eli will be a "good" quarterback in the NFL. Ditto for Carson Palmer.

Anyways - wait for my poll (regarding Rock/HHH).

The Naitch
04-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Triple H = Conan The Barbarian

Kane Knight
04-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Triple H is better. Anything to get him to leave the WWE.

The Naitch
04-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I'd laugh if Hollywood made him get a nose job to look more "camera friendly"

The CyNick
04-29-2004, 04:40 PM
It would be tough to answer.

Ive seen HHH on TV, he was alright, but Rock has a ton more charisma and seems more comfortable. But then again Ive never seen HHH in a movie.

I think Rock will be more successful because HHH will never star in a real movie, just the student video projects Vince is producing.

The Naitch
04-29-2004, 04:48 PM
I think eventually, Rock needs to stay away from popcorn flicks aka "buddy movies"
He's proven that he can do that, now it's time to expand. I'm not sure what category "Be Cool" is under, but that seems to be better for his acting career. Spy Hunter? Can't judge it yet, but it sounds gay to me. That other movie where he plays an animal or whatever (reminds me of Jumangi) might be good for a change.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he started doing drama later on in his career. Well atleast, I think he'll be aligned with the right A-Listers in Hollywood for his career to flourish. I don't doubt him one bit.

Boondock Saint
04-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Triple H is getting some good early reviews for his work in Blade 3. But until I actually see that, and until he does more than one movie, I'll stick with The Rock.

PureHatred
04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
From those sci-fi movie sites, Triple H's character in the Next Blade movie is one of those bad guys who just won't die (like the guy with the manequin head strapped to his back in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome). So I'm prety sure I don't want to go see a series of movies where Trips refuses to sell to superheroes. Kinda sick of it..don't know why. :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-29-2004, 05:02 PM
I'd laugh if Hollywood made him get a nose job to look more "camera friendly"
but Hollywood is run by jews!!!!!!! :shifty:

The Zooster
04-29-2004, 05:05 PM
No no, They would both get blown away by the grunting..er..acting ability of Kevin Nash...Come on...Super Shredder? Rolls don't get much bigger then that... :roll:

Kane Knight
04-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Dude, you're forgetting Goldberg. Looney toons? Back in action?

The Zooster
04-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Hmm...Between that and Universal Soldier 2 (i think he was in it..i wasn't one of the 5 people who saw it) you have a point.

Disturbed316
04-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Rocky has the experience

MVP
04-29-2004, 06:38 PM
I've never seen Triple H act, but I thought the Rundown was pretty good.

Ferocious
04-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Goldbird > HHH

Kane Knight
04-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Hmm...Between that and Universal Soldier 2 (i think he was in it..i wasn't one of the 5 people who saw it) you have a point.
Wasn't it the third one? :?:

I don't know, I didn't watch US1, so the sequels were also right out.

Savio
04-29-2004, 06:52 PM
I'll wait till his movie comes out.

Rock Bottom
04-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Heyman, you have been smoking the sticky purple crack lately.

sadio8
04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Come on now KK we all know that Hogan's performance in Mr.Nanny was the greatest of all time ;).

HHHsucks929
04-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Well you can't really judge them yet, unless you wanna judge by Triple H's cameo on Pacific Blue. Between the part where he acts like the bouncer he's supposed to be and the part where he actually SUPLEXES SOMEONE, I don't think he can act his way out of anything. I'd say the Rock is superior.

BTW, you think we'll see any pedigrees in Blade III? Maybe onto a pile of nails... :lol:

Rock Bottom
04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
To be fair, Wesley Snipes himself suplexed a guy in Blade II. And it looked kick-ass.

Kane Knight
04-29-2004, 08:19 PM
To be fair, Wesley Snipes himself suplexed a guy in Blade II. And it looked kick-ass.
There was many a wrestling move in the mix in Blade 2. After that Elbow drop...

Rock Bottom
04-29-2004, 08:30 PM
If Wesley Snipes wasn't already a huge actor (Wesley's one of my absolute favorite) man he would OWN in the WWE, LoL.

The Ravishing One
04-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Im going with The Rock

The Ravishing One
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Im also agreeing with RockBottom :y:

HankScorpio
04-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Triple H is better. Anything to get him to leave the WWE.
:y:

04-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Regardless of who is better (and I see the Academy sooner giving Jim Carrey and Quentin Tarantino a flood of oscars than even nominating The Rock or the H's for anything), it's probably a safe bet that The Rock'll be a bigger draw in the cinema. And he's probably better too, but then I'll have to actually bother to see either of them in a movie.

Heyman
05-03-2004, 06:51 PM
It would be tough to answer.

Ive seen HHH on TV, he was alright, but Rock has a ton more charisma and seems more comfortable. But then again Ive never seen HHH in a movie.

I think Rock will be more successful because HHH will never star in a real movie, just the student video projects Vince is producing.

While I suspect that The Rock will be bigger than Triple H in the movie industry, I still believe that Triple H may have more acting talents.

Case in Point --> Look at all of the gimmicks that Triple H has had throughtout his WWE career. He has played the Greenwich Snob, a Degenerate, a pyscho, and now an 'elitist' once again. Before the 'Greenwich snob' gimmick, I think he was playing another gimmick as well with Terra Ryzing.

The Rock probably has more charisma than Triple H, but the characters that he has portrayed in the WWE haven't been too far off from his real life character.

Triple H on the other hand, has had gimmicks which are further away from his real life self.

Remember when Mankind also first got 'fired' from the WWE? I seem to recall Triple H doing an excellent job acting in some of those skits (with Mideon posing as Mankind).

The CyNick
05-03-2004, 09:17 PM
While I suspect that The Rock will be bigger than Triple H in the movie industry, I still believe that Triple H may have more acting talents.

Case in Point --> Look at all of the gimmicks that Triple H has had throughtout his WWE career. He has played the Greenwich Snob, a Degenerate, a pyscho, and now an 'elitist' once again. Before the 'Greenwich snob' gimmick, I think he was playing another gimmick as well with Terra Ryzing.

The Rock probably has more charisma than Triple H, but the characters that he has portrayed in the WWE haven't been too far off from his real life character.

Triple H on the other hand, has had gimmicks which are further away from his real life self.

Remember when Mankind also first got 'fired' from the WWE? I seem to recall Triple H doing an excellent job acting in some of those skits (with Mideon posing as Mankind).

I dont know how you determine who is a better actor, but the point is Rock will make more money because he's got more charisma.

If HHH has acting talents he will get more work, btu I dont think that will happen.

Plus, the roles you named that HHH played, weren't exactly Shakespere type roles. He played a rich dude, then he played a cocky punk, then a rich dude, then a dude with a sledgehammer, then a rich guy again, its not really that tough.

OssMan
05-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Dude, you're forgetting Goldberg. Looney toons? Back in action? THAT'S WHAT THE MOVIE WAS AT THE BARBER SHOP!!! I saw it when I was getting my haircut and the credits had Goldberg in it.

Fox
05-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Triple H will never be as big as The Rock in Hollywood. I mean, imagine the movie posters.

TERMINATOR 4
Starring: Triple H

"I'll be back-ah!"