PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing COH?

Guest #1
04-29-2004, 06:59 PM
I was looking into getting City of Heroes and wanted to know some opinions about it before I lay down the cash. Is anyone playing? If so, what's your impression?

Thanks

Kane Knight
04-29-2004, 07:08 PM
What's City of Heroes?

I mean, just wondering if it's something I might be interested in.

DS
04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
It's and MMORPG where you take the place as a super hero rather then your normal online character. It looks to be pretty good but I haven't played it and probably won't unless they put out a demo.

OssMan
04-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Champion of Huropa?

Shaggy
04-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Yea, that game does look pretty good. Everything that I have heard about it is good. They are always talking about it on G4 so I think I might go out and get it. Well that is if I still have money for Matrix online when it comes out. Even though I know Matrix Online probably wont be right, I have to do my duty as a matrix fan to get it.

FacelessBum
04-30-2004, 01:18 AM
The cool thing is that there is no stat increases.

Just your super abilities you choose when making your character.

If they charge money, I may overpass it because I dont think it would have enough depth to catch my attention for long.

Guest #1
05-16-2004, 12:27 AM
I just talked to someone who beta tested for several months, and is hyped on the game. Says it's challenging enough to keep his interest and still his #1 pc choice. He's pretty steamed about having his beta character nerfed for the re-launch, but meh what can you expect.

Samurai_Star_Sailor
05-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Ive played this game and let me tell u it is possibly better than any game ever made. Except a choice few.

DS
05-16-2004, 03:10 PM
NCSoft have 3 huge MMORPGs coming out this year that are all suppose to be good. I was debating buying this but I hear it's just fighting constantly. I was also told if you're looking for a long lasting MMORPG (Everquest, Asheron's Call, etc) this is probably not the choice for you.

RBM
05-16-2004, 11:14 PM
I have it.

It's pretty cool. Lots of customization options. Easy traveling. No real money issues. You frequently get "enhancements" that you can put into your abilities and other consumable items that temporarily boost your stuff. Nothing really bogs you down much and it's pretty fast paced as your health and endurance regenerate at a really fast rate without having to really rest.

Of course as of right now, the quests are simply "retrieve this" or "kill these" and there's no PvP or anything until the expansion comes out and you can't make villain characters right now.

Bottom line: it's a fun game. It will probably lack the depth that most mmorpg people are looking for, but it eliminated alot of the downtime that gets annoying in these types of games.

Joe Kerr
05-18-2004, 07:02 PM
i was going to buy it but on top of paying 50 bucks for the game you have to pay to play online. So i put it off and got half life : game of the year edition

Requiem
05-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Don't wanna be there, don't wanna do that..

Kalyx triaD
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm playing the game right now...

Xero
03-24-2006, 06:35 PM
That was a very insightful bump...

road doggy dogg
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Get WoW you stupid niggers. RBM, come back to WoW you stupid nigger.

Xero
03-25-2006, 11:17 AM
WoW got gay after a week.

road doggy dogg
03-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Maybe if you/your guild is shit, I'd assume you'd think that yeah

Xero
03-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Nah, the gameplay was gay as fuck.

Requiem
03-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Are you joking? It's one of the most polished MMOs out there. If you don't like WoW because of the gameplay, then there is no possible way that you like any other MMO, because they get progressively harder and have a much steeper learning curve.

Requiem
03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Would just like to clarify my last statement.

WoW has one of the fastest combat systems and reflex-based skill systems in any MMO. The lack of downtime and the speed of which you kill things makes it an instantly fun game.

There are other reasons -later on- in the game why you might not like it, but saying that it was gay after a week is just dumb.

Xero
03-25-2006, 01:29 PM
I just didn't like it. The gameplay was boring as fuck to me. Hack, slash, cast, repeat.

That's what shit about almost all MMOs, they're extremely repetitive, no matter how much extra content you get.

Xero
03-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Of course that could be said about any game, but games like WoW are just too fucking repetitive, especially with the quests. Kill something(s), get something/someone, go somewhere...

Requiem
03-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Eh, it's all about PvP for me.

Kalyx triaD
03-25-2006, 02:44 PM
WoW is in this comp, too. I just find myself drawn to CoH subject matter. I'm a comic geek, not a fantasy nerd. My brother play WoW like it's a religion, and I wait to get on CoH. It's a nice cycle that breaks for our console games.

To be honest, WoW is the more polished of the two. Shit; it's overall better than most MMOs. But the whole superhero thing draws me in. I'm thinking of adding CoV but the comp might choke without extra memory...