PDA

View Full Version : Good pets gone bad........and vice versa.

TheChamp
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
This has probably been done to death on this forum, but I would like you all to discuss your favorite face turn and your favorite heel turn in wrestling history and why. Be specific.

Shisen Kopf
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Randy Savage

Corporate CockSnogger
06-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Junkyard Dog
Ernest "The Cat" Miller
Raven
The Freebirds
Pepper

Sixx
06-21-2011, 08:31 AM
"Good Pets Gone Bad" sounds like a name of a zoophilia/bestiality DVD.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Savage's face turn at Wrestlemania was probably my favorite ever. Just raw emotion and the crowd was so into it.

Heel turn would probably be Triple H at Wrestlemania 15. The double swerve with Chyna was brilliant.

rob11
06-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Rock and Mick Foley's double turn at Survivor Series 98

VSG
06-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Unless it referred to Penthouse pets, you animal-fucker!

Schlomey
06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
John Cena :shifty:

JimmyMess
06-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Double turn Austin/Hart

Shisen Kopf
06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Shawn Michaels
Tatanka
Tugboat
Bret Hart/stone cold double turn at Rassle mania 13

Wolfpack423
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I know alot of people probably won't agree but my favorite face turn is Batista's before WM21.

My favorite heel turn is Hulk Hogan at Bash at the Beach 1996, though Stone Cold Steve Austin's heel turn at WM17 is a favorite of mine as well. That's my favorite year for Austin.

TheChairman
06-21-2011, 12:37 PM
By far the biggest heel turn in wrestling history was Hulk Hogan at Bash At The Beach. It was also my favorite.

Wolfpack423
06-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Savage's face turn at Wrestlemania was probably my favorite ever. Just raw emotion and the crowd was so into it.

Heel turn would probably be Triple H at Wrestlemania 15. The double swerve with Chyna was brilliant.

I liked the HHH one as well. That's one of the few highlights of that show along with Rock vs. Austin, the fatal four way IC title match, the opening hardcore title match, and the European title match itself that saw the HHH heel turn. I like WM15, but it's forgettable compared to others.

edyhdrawde
06-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I liked the double turn in the Bret Hart vs Steve Austin match.
Hogan as the third man in the NWO
Barry Windham joining the Four Horsemen
Owen Hart as Black Hart
Terry Funk piledriving Ric Flair after he defeated Steamboat for the title turning Flair face and Funk heel.

TheChamp
06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
As a professed nWo mark back in the day, the Hogan turn was also one of my favorite heel turns. The Austin-McMahon alliance in '01, the CM Punk turn (when he feuded with Jeff Hardy), and even Lita's turn in '05 are some more of my faves.

Wolfpack423
06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
As a professed nWo mark back in the day, the Hogan turn was also one of my favorite heel turns. The Austin-McMahon alliance in '01, the CM Punk turn (when he feuded with Jeff Hardy), and even Lita's turn in '05 are some more of my faves.

Lita is my favorite female ever in wrestling so I definitely enjoyed her heel run as much as her face run. Her and Edge were a perfect pair. To me Edge was at his best in 2005-2006. When he joined up with Vickie, I honestly hated the storyline. CM Punk's turn was tremendous and easily one of the best ever. The Punk-Hardy feud is one of the best feuds and easily the best one of 2009.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2011, 05:23 AM
CM Punk's heel turn against Jeff Hardy immediately came to mind -- but that might be because I was just in the CM Punk thread. But I did love the turn. When Punk cashed in Money in the Bank against Jeff Hardy, there was fan backlash, but that was just because Hardy was popular. Punk had every right to cash in the case as he did, and even Good Ol' JR was on his side. He didn't turn heel right away. It simmered, and then when he nailed Jeff Hardy with the microphone? BAM! That was so unexpected and the beat-down that followed was really quite vicious for WWE standards. Since then, Punk has never looked back.

Also, The Undertaker turning in 2001 got me. I was a much younger fan at the time, and seeing a big good guy come down to the ring to defend a helpless announcer from a self-righteous heel boss like Vince McMahon was what I had been conditioned to see. Then "Do you think you're better than me, JR?" At that moment, before he even struck helpless JR, the heel turn was in place. Just those words, followed by JR's shocked "Oh no! I don't!" face. Vince being surprised also helped. It was like he got a free pass from the devil to do whatever he wanted.

When thinking of face turns, it's hard to really come up with one -- but the Batista one is a great example. I marked out like a little bitch when it happened, as did pretty much everyone here, regardless of if they admit it. Batista got really stale really fast as a babyface, but everything leading up to that moment (and thereafter) was perfect.

Rollermacka
06-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Lol, if I could rep you I would have for that comment. I would have to say They in TNA, I didn't see it comming at all :roll:

DAMN iNATOR
06-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I wasn't aware this had become the Animal Planet forums.

LK
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
CM Punk's heel turn against Jeff Hardy - to me the birth of the guy who I firmly believe is the best in the business right now.

Chris Jericho's heel turn against Shawn Michaels cause it lead to a great feud and took Jericho to another level.

Shane McMahon screws Austin just cause it was another part of a tremendous story.

Eddie Guerrero turns on Rey Mysterio because of the build up and the promos that followed.

Batista's face turn against HHH just because it was done so well.

Throwing a recent one into the mix I would have to say I like what they have been doing with Alex Riley who I'm really digging just now, cause I couldn't care for him at all when he was a heel.