PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else watching Impact right now?

Rollermacka
06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I was just flipping through channels and Spike is showing a repeat of last weeks Impact right now. Who else, besides me, actually watches Impact on a weekly basis? I know that they have constant "what a twist" storylines (Anderson beat Sting with a low blow in front of the refree and then Gunner pins him cleanly on Impact. Sting went crazy and beat the crap out of Hogan out of nowhere, Jarrett has been exiled to Mexico) but I haven't been that crazy about WWE reciently either :-\

Sixx
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Loads of people, apparently.

chrisat928
06-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Did TNA move to Tuesdays or something?

Raven Reaper
06-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Loads of people, apparently.

and I'm one of them. :p

Juan
06-21-2011, 11:26 PM

Read the thread

chrisat928
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Read the thread

Titles are enough for me.

Juan
06-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Clearly

Shisen Kopf
06-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I tried watching impact a couple of weeks ago but it reminded me too much of a downs syndrome version of WCW circa 2000. And no 3 Count. The only thing I really like about TNA is that I think mr. Kennedy sorry Anderson is slightly amusing.

VSG
06-21-2011, 11:39 PM
TNA had me interested during Jeff's days as a glorious heel. Then it went back to near zero again. I mean, c'mon:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wNhsnAPwkNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Impact entertains me on a consistent basis.

Rollermacka
06-22-2011, 12:54 AM

I don't know, it might have just had a repeat filler today because they showed comercials for an all new Impact thurs

Tom Guycott
06-22-2011, 01:36 AM
I watch it.

I think it's because I'm masochistic.

I keep expecting it to be better one day.

I watch for weeks and weeks, rooting for the underdog.

I see a glimmer of light in the tunnel one Thursday...

Then, it gets worse for another 2 months.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Destination X has the potential to be a pretty interesting PPV. I mean, come on:

* Ken Anderson vs. Kurt Angle for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
* AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe
* The rumoured Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn match
* An Ultimate-X Match
* Shiima Xion competing (I don't even know the guy, but I'm at least intrigued)

TNA doesn't do good business with their PPVs, but instead of presenting clusterfucks, they're going off the rails and presenting something different from their regular television shows, and that novelty concept reminds me more of "One Night Stand" in 2005 than anything the WWE is doing. Plus, there is stuff that is relevant to their storylines. I mean, if Anderson vs. Angle isn't going to get your usual TNA fan in, then nothing probably will. Plus, Styles, Daniels, Joe and RVD are all pretty over active parts of TNA programming.

I might even consider ordering it if TNA doesn't fuck up the build.

Chavo Classic
06-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Jerry Lynn vs RVD? Are TNA so desperate they're re-enacting matches from 13 years ago now? I can understand recycling a good angle or gimmick, but a couple of matches, albeit great matches, which happened over a decade ago for a small time independent company which only a handful of people have actually seen?

TazFTW86
06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Jerry Lynn vs RVD? Are TNA so desperate they're re-enacting matches from 13 years ago now? I can understand recycling a good angle or gimmick, but a couple of matches, albeit great matches, which happened over a decade ago for a small time independent company which only a handful of people have actually seen?

Chill out. THey still have what it takes to put on a good match, just depends on their time limit. Give them about 25 mins or so, and I bet you wont be disappointed. Don't see you complaining about Somoa Joe, AJ Styles and C Daniels when they pretty much did the same shit in ROH (another small time Indy company that only a handful of people watch) :)

Chavo Classic
06-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Chill out. THey still have what it takes to put on a good match, just depends on their time limit. Give them about 25 mins or so, and I bet you wont be disappointed. Don't see you complaining about Somoa Joe, AJ Styles and C Daniels when they pretty much did the same shit in ROH (another small time Indy company that only a handful of people watch) :)

Difference is that Joe and Daniels are at the end of their primes, and Styles is hitting the peak of his. Lynn is nearly 50 and RVD isn't nearly as athletic or flexible as he was back in ECW. This is going to be average at best, and ruin the memory of their matches.

It's sad that TNA have to bring back memories from another promotion to get buys. I have no problem with them recanting matches from their legacy, because it's their legacy. Just like the One Night Stand/Hardcore Justice thing from a couple of months ago, this is going to be a stinker.

Nicky Fives
06-22-2011, 10:22 AM
I watch Impact purely out of habit..... it reminds me of a car wreck....