PDA

View Full Version : TNA signs Kid Kash

Mr. JL
07-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Ex-TNA X-Division Champion Signs With TNA

By Ryan Clark on Tuesday, July 12th, 2011 at 11:04 PM EST

Former X Division Champion Kid Kash announced on his Twitter account this evening that he has signed a contract with TNA Wrestling.

Kash returned to the organization on the June 16 episode of iMPACT! Wrestling. He lost to Austin Aries in a Triple Threat Match that also included Jimmy Rave

Kash tweeted: “HI Guys, ITS OFFICIAL i have just signed back with TNA @IMPACTWRESTLING”.
---

This coming from a guy who bashed, bitched and moaned his way out of his first TNA contract. What is TNA's fascination with hiring guys who have drug issues, pending legal issues, guys who have no-showed previous events and guys bash their company?

Seriously, if you want a veteran X Division wrestler look no further than Jerry Lynn. He is a much more familiar face, can easily be pushed onto the scene because of his match with RVD, and by all accounts is not the arrogant redneck prick that Kid Kash is. Plus, he's much more talented, hard working & has a background in mentoring rookies.

erickman
07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
well hopefuly kash learned an can work better.

XL
07-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Oh man.

It's as if they don't have enough new/young/exciting talent to push in the X-Division.

Juan
07-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Stop the presses

Chavo Classic
07-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Guy has got to be in his late 30s now - what's the point? And I thought signing up Aries was a backwards step.

CSL
07-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Aries is great, didn't like it when they got rid first time, he should be one of the focal points of the X Division. If he was 6 inches taller/20lbs of muscle heavier, he could make millions. And Kash can still go, he's been around and has plenty to share. I doubt they've bought him in strictly as a performer.

captaincharismark
07-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Any guy TNA can use to rebuild their X Division is a good move. Austin Aries is a great performer and is a unique guy. Kid Kash can still contribute to the X Division and have great matches. I'd rather be watching Kid Kash or Austin Aries as X Division Champion than Abyss. The more contenders they have for the champion, the more defined the division will be. I'm hoping they can use all the old faces and new guys to make the X Division as exciting as it was in the beginning.

Chavo Classic
07-13-2011, 04:07 PM
I have no doubt that Aries is a great wrestler. But the fact they couldn't use him properly last time and assigned him that useless 'Austin Starr' gimmick doesn't inspire me with confidence that they'll be able to get the best out of him this time. And if dirt-sheets are to be believed, he's as equally difficult to work with backstage as Kid Kash.

I dunno... the whole thing gives me the impression that TNA doesn't have a fucking clue what it's doing, has exhausted it's imagination and is desperately trying to claw back it's past. They've certainly made the right move putting Kendrick at the top of the X-Division mountain; they just need to follow it up with some outside-the-box thinking by hiring guys like Pac, and not alumni.

erickman
07-13-2011, 04:15 PM
there was talk before of the x-div getting there own show, maby they need more x-div heels. i would love to see spike give them an hour on tues night.

Fignuts
07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Good luck with that.

Innovator
07-13-2011, 04:25 PM
It's about time he drops the Kid part.

Chavo Classic
07-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Pfft, give it up. Kevin Nash buried the X-Division years ago. Everyone thought that those Paparazzi promos were hilarious at the time, but they did more to damage the image of the division more than anything since.

The X-Division is about as important to TNA's future as the tag division is to the WWE's.

erickman
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Good luck with that.

yep it will probly end up being a internet show like superstars

Rollermacka
07-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Kash is ok but I thinks there was better and younger guys from those X division matches the should higher. Anybody else like those other two guys from that Evans match?

Nicky Fives
07-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Kash is ok but I thinks there was better and younger guys from those X division matches the should higher. Anybody else like those other two guys from that Evans match?

I thought that they were both very bland..... Evand was the clear stand out of that match.....

loopydate
07-13-2011, 05:05 PM
It's about time he drops the Kid part.

Man Kash?

Xero
07-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Mr. Total Non-stop Attitude!

Xero
07-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Man Kash?

Heartbreak Man vs. Man Kash w/ 123 Man as the special enforcer.

Rollermacka
07-13-2011, 07:00 PM
I thought that they were both very bland..... Evand was the clear stand out of that match.....

Yea, Evans was obviously gonna win that match. To be fair Kash rates pretty high on the bland-o-meter too so highering a couple of younger guys for the same price they could "mold" (its not like Kash is a huge name that people will buy tickets to see)

Mr. JL
07-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah there are just several much better choices out there... Lynn, CIMA XIon, Low Ki, Jack Evans.

Droford
07-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Man Kash?

I was thinking Old Man Kash. He could sit in a rocking chair on the stage and and go "get off my ring!" to the young whippersnappers in the X Division.

DLVH84
07-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Mr. Total Non-stop Attitude!

I remember that from his first stint with TNA. He used to treat Trinity like shit and had Lance Hoyt as his bodyguard/tag team partner.

DLVH84
07-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Seriously, if you want a veteran X Division wrestler look no further than Jerry Lynn. He is a much more familiar face, can easily be pushed onto the scene because of his match with RVD, and by all accounts is not the arrogant redneck prick that Kid Kash is. Plus, he's much more talented, hard working & has a background in mentoring rookies.

I agree wholeheartedly with adding Jerry Lynn to the roster for those reasons. Let's hope TNA doesn't drop the ball like they did last time with him.

Jordan
07-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Anybody have a list of the active contraced X-Divison guys?

Kash is a HEAT MAGNET on the stick, just wait....

Lynn was great at the PPV they need to bring in Lynn and RVD to invade the X-Division, perhaps go with that 2nd TV show and see how it does compared to Impact. I'm not a fan of Kendrick though, he's horrible.

Jordan
07-13-2011, 09:55 PM
And hopefully before Joe drowns in the vomit that is TNA's creative team, he is slapped back into the X-Division, mostly so he can learn how to work with passion again. So tired of the lazy fat man. I like the fast fat bastard we all were first introduced to at the beginning of his career.

Mr. JL
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
And hopefully before Joe drowns in the vomit that is TNA's creative team, he is slapped back into the X-Division, mostly so he can learn how to work with passion again. So tired of the lazy fat man. I like the fast fat bastard we all were first introduced to at the beginning of his career.

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure Samoa Joe was drowned in 2010.

Raven Reaper
07-14-2011, 05:45 AM
I remember the guy. HE was with Trinity before..

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2011, 06:59 AM
I'm not really pumped by this signing. Kid Kash is a good worker, but he never held my attention and he seems like an ass. Personally, Low Ki (who seems willing to work for them), Zema Ion and Jack Evans would be better signings. Say what you want about Evans being a spot-monkey; some of the stuff he can do is amazing, and I quite enjoy some of the matches where psychology is forced upon him. Matches with Daniel Bryan and Roderick Strong come to mind.

What's Paul London up to? The guy's getting older himself, but at one stage was an indy darling. I'd be interested to see him get another crack. Jimmy Yang is still really young, and while I'm sure he's banged up, I'm sure he can still go. Call him "The Million Dollar Talent" James Yang, and have him come out and say he's sick of pretending to be a ninja, or Elvis, or a cowboy, and over the years he's made more money for big promotions than anyone in the crowd will ever see, and now he's going to go for the glory, as well.

I'm sure there are some great options on the indy circuit from like, today, too.

Malfeitor
07-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Source: PW Torch

"TNA announced Wednesday they have officially signed Austin Aries following his storyline-driven contract match victory at the Destination X PPV.

TNA also announced they will be signing additional "X Division wrestlers" as part of a claimed attempt to "reinvigorate the X Division" following the PPV.

TNA noted they plan to sign wrestlers involved in the four-way contract match that included a chant of "sign them all," as well as select wrestlers in the three-way qualifying matches on Impact leading to the PPV.

TNA's new VP of Talent Relations, Bruce Prichard, was quoted in a press release describing what Austin Aries brings to the table.

“Austin’s unique style and intensity will be a great addition to the X Division,” Prichard said. “Aries brings an arrogance and a confidence backed by tremendous physical ability.”

TNA noted Aries will officially join the "X Division roster" on Thursday's Impact Wrestling episode. *“Our goal now is to reinvent and redefine the X-Division as something unique to all of pro wrestling,” Prichard said."

XL
07-14-2011, 01:05 PM
They're trying to reinvigorate the X Division...and they let go of Jay Lethal!?

Whilst I'm pleased that Evans/Low Ki/Xion may well be signed, it kinda takes away from the point of having the 4 way at the PPV (and the qualifiers that preceeded it), does it not?

Malfeitor
07-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing. While they could bust out some sort of 'We're here to make an impact' type angle with Evans/Ion/Low Ki, it just makes Aries' win less important.

Malfeitor
07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Pun intended, by the way.

Jordan
07-14-2011, 01:45 PM
"Sign them all" was one of the best chants ever, and they truly should listen to the fans in that aspect.

Chavo Classic
07-14-2011, 01:59 PM
"Sign them all" was one of the best chants ever, and they truly should listen to the fans in that aspect.

Better than "we want ice cream" at Raw on Monday?

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BOxl_S6OEOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They should definitely listen to the fans with that....

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2011, 01:38 AM
They're trying to reinvigorate the X Division...and they let go of Jay Lethal!?

Whilst I'm pleased that Evans/Low Ki/Xion may well be signed, it kinda takes away from the point of having the 4 way at the PPV (and the qualifiers that preceeded it), does it not?

You just have them continue to earn their shots. For example, you have Low Ki, Zima Ion and Jack Evans called into Eric Bischoff's office, and he says they impressed so they're going to get another opportunity -- against the other guys that lost their Four-Way at Destination X: Robbie E., Amazing Red & Shannon Moore. There's an awesome six-man tag for Hardcore Justice.

XL
07-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Nice.

Skippord
07-15-2011, 04:22 AM
why do people keep going back to TNA?

Shisen Kopf
07-15-2011, 09:31 AM
How man sides does the TNA ring have this week?

Rollermacka
07-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Somewhat unrelated, was anyone else dissapointed in Aries "first match back"? I like Ink Inc, but basically Shannon Moore pretty much dominated the match and Aries hits him with the chain out of nowhere and pins him :-\