PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on Colt Cabana

Lock Jaw
07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
So, indie fans seem to have historically always gone nuts over this guy.

Then he got into the WWE, and I found out that he was completely unremarkable in both look and what I had seen from him in the ring.

Everything I have seen of him since has reinforced my opinion that he is pretty much a Jewish Santino Marella.

Basically have not seen anything that makes me think that this guy is one of the best "undiscovered talents" in the world and should have a job with the WWE again.

Seems like somebody who should be Indy 4 Life.

Gertner
07-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, he's a good wrestler, but yeah. I guess Smackdown needs a Santino.

CSL
07-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, he's a bigger version of Santino basically only with 3 times "the workrate!". He's genuinely hilarious with the ability to have excellent wrestling matches. The fact he's such an indy darling probably worked against him in WWE, he's perfect for them. He'll never be WWE champion but he can fill plenty of roles. Be very surprised if he never gets another chance there.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, he's a bigger version of Santino basically only with 3 times "the workrate!". He's genuinely hilarious with the ability to have excellent wrestling matches. The fact he's such an indy darling probably worked against him in WWE, he's perfect for them. He'll never be WWE champion but he can fill plenty of roles. Be very surprised if he never gets another chance there.

Yeah, Jewish Santino is a pretty accurate description, except he's a way better wrestler. Mat wrestling wise, he ranks up there with Danielson and McGuiness. He is fairly athletic though despite his look, and he can do a damn good looking lionsault.

Some of his stuff would work in WWE, some won't. Some of his stuff relies on the crowd hearing him, which just won't work in a big venue. Some other things, if left untouched, could get over well (like the flying asshole.)

Basically, you got a guy who can do comedy stuff, wrestle well, has moves the crowd can get behind, can work a mic, and can make other guys look good.

He's never going to be a world champion in WWE, but I'd say he has a place in the company.

mike adamle
07-15-2011, 12:57 PM
He's got a nice violent side to him as well. Cabana-Homicide had a great feud in ROH that was less than comical.

Innovator
07-15-2011, 01:03 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/keM5m0bmHn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damian Rey
07-15-2011, 01:13 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/keM5m0bmHn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:

legendkillerRKO
07-15-2011, 01:20 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E85xMLAI96g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First few moves are nothing special but the last few are pretty cool

Waylander
07-15-2011, 02:19 PM
He's got a nice violent side to him as well. Cabana-Homicide had a great feud in ROH that was less than comical.

I was going to mention the same feud, it was a good one.

GD
07-15-2011, 02:47 PM
He is entertaining and I would actually pay money to see him in a WWE film.

Nicky Fives
07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
To steal a line from Gertner, he's nothing more than a vanilla midget that can cut a promo.....

Innovator
07-15-2011, 03:46 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-YWMum0GJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Mantis
07-15-2011, 05:10 PM
To steal a line from Gertner, he's nothing more than a vanilla midget that can cut a promo.....

He's also about 220lbs and over 6 feet tall.

Surely that means he's more of an elderflower stockcube?

Shisen Kopf
07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
He's a good rassler but he's no madman pondo

CSL
07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
I think the fact he's an indy guy outside of a year or so for Vince that does a lot of his work in Ring of Honor and Gertner didn't destroy him via words is about the highest praise/recommendation you're going to find for a wrestler. So czech him out.

blake639raw
07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't get the constant railing of "indy" guys. You guys all realize that everyone starts somewhere. Guys like Piper, Dibiase, Rude, Hennig, ect. didn't fall out of Vince's ass. They came up through the territories, perfecting their craft all around the country. Certain people like to say that anybody that came through ROH is a "vanilla midget", but I'd take a good chunk of them over the FCW clones they have working in developmental, who have no qualities at all that make them stand out from the pack, and are the textbook definition of "vanilla".

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2011, 07:54 PM
He'd be fine in WWE given the chance. People are too quick to judge guys.

Cody Rhodes was bland and boring as fuck at one point. Remember? And Colt Cabana is WAY more charismatic than Cody Rhodes. Like... it's not even close. Cody was given something he could work with and he ran with it. Give Colt the same opportunity and he does twice as much with it.

blake639raw
07-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Would he be a main eventer? Hell no. But I guarantee he would be over as grover if they let him be himself and do his thing as Colt Cabana.

CSL
07-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't get the constant railing of "indy" guys. You guys all realize that everyone starts somewhere. Guys like Piper, Dibiase, Rude, Hennig, ect. didn't fall out of Vince's ass. They came up through the territories, perfecting their craft all around the country. Certain people like to say that anybody that came through ROH is a "vanilla midget", but I'd take a good chunk of them over the FCW clones they have working in developmental, who have no qualities at all that make them stand out from the pack, and are the textbook definition of "vanilla".

Big difference to where guys like Piper, DiBiase, Rude, Hennig etc came from and where most guys come from today.

dingdongyo
07-15-2011, 10:39 PM
i thought the juggalo promo in innovator's post pretty much sucked. all cheap half-assed lines. and then a dildo. whatever. some decent moves in that other vid though.

i don't know a whole lot about this guy. so far, eh.

blake639raw
07-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Big difference to where guys like Piper, DiBiase, Rude, Hennig etc came from and where most guys come from today. Yeah, I mean, obviously, the indies ain't overflowing with veterans. Main point being, that it isn't a bad thing for a talent to travel around the board and gain experience before coming to the WWE.

CSL
07-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Absolutely it's not, in an ideal world all guys would get the chance to wrestle all over before getting signed by WWE. In an even more ideal world, WWE would have some kind of talent relationship and be able to send guys abroad to gain more experience. It doesn't stop a lot of the guys that do this stuff already from being skinny/looking horrible/being numbingly bland/having clusterfuck matches that mean jack shit/being awful.

blake639raw
07-15-2011, 11:09 PM
I agree with you, for sure. I just hate the sentiment that just because somebody was a prominent name in the indies, it automatically makes them crap and a vanilla midget.

Skippord
07-15-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that that's an oxymoron

St. Jimmy
07-16-2011, 06:28 AM
He's Colt Cabana! What the fuck do you need to be sold on? He has charisma, size, and he can maneuver past the normal chain wrestling and ring work that he can actually do good in-ring comedy. He's really a total package.

Nicky Fives
07-16-2011, 11:59 AM
He's Colt Cabana! What the fuck do you need to be sold on? He has charisma, size, and he can maneuver past the normal chain wrestling and ring work that he can actually do good in-ring comedy. He's really a total package.

6'1' 233 hardly constitutes "having size"..... Chris Jericho is 6' 220 and is/was considered too small for quite some time..... 13 pounds and one inch hardly makes a difference to me.....

St. Jimmy
07-16-2011, 12:31 PM
6'1' 233 hardly constitutes "having size"..... Chris Jericho is 6' 220 and is/was considered too small for quite some time..... 13 pounds and one inch hardly makes a difference to me.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UcF1Et2A30c/TSGsx0h9lvI/AAAAAAAAEgk/vEIxxzFSl6o/s1600/Troll_fail.jpg

Lock Jaw
07-16-2011, 12:50 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-YWMum0GJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pretty terrible.

St. Jimmy
07-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't want to hear shit from a guy who likes Christian and Cawdy Rhodes.

Ultra Mantis
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Shawn Michaels is 6'1" and at his top weight he was realistically about 210-215lbs. What a vanilla midget.

Xero
07-16-2011, 01:33 PM
HBK was a midget compared to the rest of the roster, just not vanilla.

Gertner
07-16-2011, 02:32 PM

That is definitely not a Gertner line.

Gertner
07-16-2011, 02:34 PM
I think the fact he's an indy guy outside of a year or so for Vince that does a lot of his work in Ring of Honor and Gertner didn't destroy him via words is about the highest praise/recommendation you're going to find for a wrestler. So czech him out.

He's more of a tooty fruity midget lol. I like Santino. He's pretty small, but he's funny, so is Cabana. I'd really have no problem with him in the WWE. I think he'd actually be a great fit on Smackdown.

Gertner
07-16-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree with you, for sure. I just hate the sentiment that just because somebody was a prominent name in the indies, it automatically makes them crap and a vanilla midget.

9 times out of 10 it's true. Cabana is the 1 out of 10.

Lock Jaw
07-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Hmmm... if this guy is Gertner approved he MUST have something.

I watched some more stuff of his (not much). I think I could see him back in the WWE as a comedy figure. Just not sure if I could ever buy him as a "serious" guy, a "contender", or being anywhere near the main events.

He should join Santino's stable.

mhirn3
07-16-2011, 02:54 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-YWMum0GJQ" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Confirms two things for me: that shit was actually funny.....and juggalo's are retarded fucks.

Xero
07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BXs28fk4uw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BXs28fk4uw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

FourFifty
07-16-2011, 04:42 PM
If you want someone to sell you on something, then half the work is done. It caught your eye long enough for you to say "Hey, I want to know more." The other half is simply doing your homework. When CM Punk was still in FCW (or was it OVW?) I wanted to know more about him, so I watched his promos and matches. Dozen's people I didn't know sold me on CM Punk. Punk sold me on Punk.

Lock Jaw
07-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Punk only sold me on Punk when he went heel.

FourFifty
07-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Heel Punk in RoH was great. His promos on Raven and when he signed his WWE contract on the RoH title was awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
07-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I think Cabana offers something quite unique and special, to be honest. The difference between him and William Regal is basically the stylings of humour they are best at. Personally, Cabana vs. Regal is a bit of a dream feud of mine.

lam1610
07-17-2011, 05:40 AM
hes friends with punk so he is most likely a terd

Chavo Classic
07-17-2011, 07:11 AM
He sells a mean reverse frankensteiner

Super V
07-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I've never found this guy funny. He's like a really horrible SNL character.

Rollermacka
07-19-2011, 11:35 AM
I've never found this guy funny. He's like a really horrible SNL character.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AzBCbXCgbtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yea, he kinda is just without the awesome theme music

I've saw Colt in WSX, NWA Hollywood and alittle of his stuff in ROH. Personally, I kninda feel like he's just a big fish in alittle pond. The WWE is an entirely higher level of competition. Dont get me wrong I've seen him in good matches, but when your wrestling some guy in a Fred Flinstone costume it's not that hard to look better

Innovator
07-25-2011, 04:46 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F7sfLqnNI5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CSL
07-25-2011, 04:48 PM
lol didn't know these were a series, thought the Jewish one was a one off