PDA

View Full Version : Sin Cara Suspended for Wellness Violation

Xero
07-18-2011, 09:21 AM
From http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/sin-cara/sin-cara-suspended:

STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde (Sin Cara) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Londoner
07-18-2011, 09:26 AM
haha

Xero
07-18-2011, 09:29 AM
He botches everything else. Now he's botched wellness.

Innovator
07-18-2011, 09:32 AM
He's taking HHH's tutelage to heart.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Well, that's kind of sad. I'm sure this will cool his jets a little bit, and to be honest, that makes me a little happy. I hope he pulls his shit together, but I'd like to see him work with some under-card guys, get the feel a little bit, and then move up when he's more of a lovable underdog.

Ultra Mantis
07-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Always thought there was something suspicious about his interest in blue lighting.

Xero
07-18-2011, 09:35 AM
He should have been sent to FCW in the first place. With FCW in place, there's no excuse for someone to come on TV and need to "learn the WWE style" if they don't already get it.

St. Jimmy
07-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Was just coming to post this, lol. Just, L OH L.

Ermaximus
07-18-2011, 09:38 AM
So THAT'S why he got written off at the PPV!

St. Jimmy
07-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Love Trips, but he's 0 for 2 at this point.

Rock Bottom
07-18-2011, 09:47 AM
They just put it right on their website? That's fucked up.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Hope they give Evan Bourne this guy's push now.

DaVe
07-18-2011, 10:11 AM

who was his other pick?

Volare
07-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Kharma.

Dante69
07-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Kharma is on medical leave, leave the pregnant woman alone

Volare
07-18-2011, 10:38 AM
*sigh*

Chavo Classic
07-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Explains the bump he took last night.

I'm waiting for this Mistico guy I've seen on youtube to stand up. As Sin Cara, all he's done so far is look nervous as hell 50% of the time he's in the ring, and now this.

Testicle
07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Ha.

RiX1024
07-18-2011, 10:50 AM
hahaha gutted.

Londoner
07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Trips must be embaressed.

BizarroKing
07-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Well this is unexpected. Also what was with the new white attire last night?

erickman
07-18-2011, 11:17 AM
guess he is going to inpact wrestling soon with chavo

FourFifty
07-18-2011, 11:28 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/12/128945824156566070.jpg

Rock Bottom
07-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Is this what they normally do when someone screws up on wellness? Put it right on their website? Seems a little harsh to me.

Yeah, Sin Cara is a complete moron if he jacked this up so early and with so much support from the WWE, but still, a suspension is bad enough. Openly telling the world about a wellness violation is a little bit fucked up.

Rock Bottom
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Then again, so are dead/OD'd wrestlers, but still.

Chavo Classic
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I think it's part of their wellness policy that any violations are made public. There hasn't been one for a while, but I'm certain that its mandatory for them to be announced on the webpage quietly.

They may have thought it was a good day to bury bad news with all the attention on the fallout from MITB.

FourFifty
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Is this what they normally do when someone screws up on wellness? Put it right on their website? Seems a little harsh to me.

Yeah, Sin Cara is a complete moron if he jacked this up so early and with so much support from the WWE, but still, a suspension is bad enough. Openly telling the world about a wellness violation is a little bit fucked up.

I'm fairly sure WWE has made this a common issue. Albeit Sin Cara is under the wing of Triple H, Trips has to let Sin Cara fail on his own.

Xero
07-18-2011, 11:54 AM

Like Chavo Classic said, it's mandatory. They're required announce all wellness violations on their website.

Sometimes they only put it on the corporate website, and sometimes it's on both. But they always post it.

It's apart of being a publicly traded company, I guess. If they don't reveal these things, questions are going to be asked. Plus they're always under the microscope from the Government on this type of thing.

I don't have a problem with it at all. It publicly embarrasses them. If they do it again, they're morons. If they do it a third time, they're fired, and deserve it.

XL
07-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Any news on what the violation was?

Battlekat
07-18-2011, 12:25 PM
He should have been sent to FCW in the first place. With FCW in place, there's no excuse for someone to come on TV and need to "learn the WWE style" if they don't already get it.

Couldn't agree more with this. Huge mistake to rush him to the main roster. Maybe there is a chance they'll do this once the suspension is up. He did seem to be improving to an extent, I didn't notice any botches from his brief involvement in mitb last night.

Providence Peep
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone who violates the wellness violates deserves to be embarrassed.

Sin Cara was getting pushed, despite his size or because of it. He was stupid to have done what he did.

Rock Bottom
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
And now for something completely different.

http://www.amsterdamcannabisseeds.com/images/rob-van-dam.jpg

edyhdrawde
07-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Could be bogus. They were having issues getting the name Sin Cara trademarked. Not a smart smoke screen, but it could be one.

tjmidnight420
07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Didn't take him long. Personally I didn't care much for his work and the fact they acted like he was the only guy who could do that flippy shit. Half of TNAs roster must be Sin Cara.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Could be bogus. They were having issues getting the name Sin Cara trademarked. Not a smart smoke screen, but it could be one.

I highly doubt a corporation is going to put on their corporate website false information about their wellness policy, which could arguably amount to securities fraud, because they want to cover up some trademark issues that aren't a big deal...

LK
07-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Hopefully when he comes back, he will have a little bit of direction and also calms down a bit. I thought they "took him out" of last nights match because they didn't trust him to be involved in the match past the point he had made. Very silly what with him being HHH's first signing.

Volare
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Trips now knows to go to meetings with a cup in his pocket.

Droford
07-18-2011, 03:03 PM

I bet they found those drugs that mask illegal drugs in drug tests..

St. Jimmy
07-18-2011, 03:04 PM
In an Ideal world your first drug violation would get your VISA pulled.

captaincharismark
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Didn't take him long. Personally I didn't care much for his work and the fact they acted like he was the only guy who could do that flippy shit. Half of TNAs roster must be Sin Cara.

Yeah, the dude is definately overrated in the high flying dept. They react as if he's the only one capable of doing moves we've seen for years. Most of it is the type of stuff Mysterio was doing back in ECW and WCW. Not to mention guys in TNA have pulled off his manuevers more effectively.

Seriously though, telling us his suspension is due to anabolic steroids? The guy's like 5'5 and 180 lbs, ya think he's juicing? Sounds like a convient way for WWE to punish him for not being able to adapt to the WWE quickly...

LK
07-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, the dude is definately overrated in the high flying dept. They react as if he's the only one capable of doing moves we've seen for years. Most of it is the type of stuff Mysterio was doing back in ECW and WCW. Not to mention guys in TNA have pulled off his manuevers more effectively.

Seriously though, telling us his suspension is due to anabolic steroids? The guy's like 5'5 and 180 lbs, ya think he's juicing? Sounds like a convient way for WWE to punish him for not being able to adapt to the WWE quickly...
Regardless of what the internet marks say, WWE are clearly quite high on Sin Cara and as I said, he is HHH's boy, hence the story of HHH taking him under his wing.

Now I don't know what constitutes a violation of the WWE Wellness Programme but do you think William Regal looks like a guy who has been doing steroids throughout his career?

BizarroKing
07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Some sources are apparently saying Sin Cara might not be brought back?

Emperor Smeat
07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Sort of surprised but it also does explain him getting hurt during the ppv was more to write him off than him actually being hurt.

It wouldn't make sense for the WWE to just drop him after hyping him up a lot and him only being on the roster for such a short period of time even if he was too green or nervous in the ring.

Aguakate
07-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I think we can all agree that Sin Cara has been a big disappointment.

Ultra Mantis
07-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I would guess it's for pain pills, I dont know how often he would have worked in Mexico but it was probably less dates than hes working now. All those flippy bumps rack up.

Advocado
07-18-2011, 09:48 PM
SHUT UP, JUDGES.

Rollermacka
07-18-2011, 09:52 PM

I bet they found those drugs that mask illegal drugs in drug tests..

Time for a completely random unrelated story. Supposedly, in 05 Hector Garza was getting ready for a comeback run in TNA but he ended up getting in trouble for steroids that are "legal in Mexico". Maybe he was taking something he's been taking for years and didn't know. From what I've heard, the FDA is currently tightening up its regulations and banning more supliments

captaincharismark
07-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Regardless of what the internet marks say, WWE are clearly quite high on Sin Cara and as I said, he is HHH's boy, hence the story of HHH taking him under his wing.

I have no idea why the WWE is so high on Sin Cara. He's doing the most basic of high flying moves, but they act like he's an innovator, which he's not. Ppl in TNA and even as far back as ECW and WCW were doing the same type of moves, only better. In this instance, if he hadn't been HHH's first aquisition, he'd be gone by now. Maybe back when he was Mystico he was doing unique work, but in WWE he's overrated big time.

Now I don't know what constitutes a violation of the WWE Wellness Programme but do you think William Regal looks like a guy who has been doing steroids throughout his career?

My point before was it's obvious Sin Cara is using steroids, so it's no surprize he was busted for it. Some guys like Regal aren't as apparent steroid users, so it's more shocking when they are caught.

Shadrick
07-19-2011, 07:53 AM

You know that steroids don't ALWAYS make you bigger, right? IE, Shawn Michaels, track runners, etc...depending on your diet and your workout it CAN make you quicker/faster.

Tom Guycott
07-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Funny everyone thinks 'roids in and of themselves make you instantly huge. If that were the case, almost every severely astmatic kid would be running around looking like Mr. Olympia.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-19-2011, 08:04 AM

He's probably been roiding to get himself into WWE shape.

Tom Guycott
07-19-2011, 08:24 AM
He's probably been roiding to get himself into WWE shape.

Exactly. What seems to be one of the top complaints about some of the guys, no matter how good of a performer they are? "Too small". Jericho got it. I'm very sure Punk's gotten it. Low-Ki and Danielson both got it. Mysterio is a hell of a lot bigger now than he was in WCW, and he still gets comments about being small, and not all of them are directed at his height.

Then, we get all dramatically gaspy and ready to brow beat someone when they decide to get on the gas to help change that and we find out about it.

St. Jimmy
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
GTFO MY COUNTRY, ADDICT.

Shadrick
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
GTFO MY COUNTRY, ADDICT.

FUCK YEAH!! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Vastardikai
07-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Exactly. What seems to be one of the top complaints about some of the guys, no matter how good of a performer they are? "Too small". Jericho got it. I'm very sure Punk's gotten it. Low-Ki and Danielson both got it. Mysterio is a hell of a lot bigger now than he was in WCW, and he still gets comments about being small, and not all of them are directed at his height.

Then, we get all dramatically gaspy and ready to brow beat someone when they decide to get on the gas to help change that and we find out about it.

This. The WWE environment requires a certain look, sad to say. And the easiest way to get there is with the gas.

Lance Cade was more or less told that he had to roid to get into the WWE.

And let's not forget about Chris Masters, here...

Anybody Thrilla
07-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Kharma was a great idea. Also, wasn't Sheamus his idea too?

captaincharismark
07-19-2011, 02:31 PM
You know that steroids don't ALWAYS make you bigger, right? IE, Shawn Michaels, track runners, etc...depending on your diet and your workout it CAN make you quicker/faster.

Yeah, but in this case, it's apparent he's abusing steroids. Having a smaller frame always accentuates muscle mass. It's just like what happened to Mysterio. When he came to WWE, he gained probably 20-30 lbs. of muscle. Being 5'4" and 175 lbs. isn't your average weight for that size. For that height, it's actually way over average. And the same goes for Sin Cara. So, when Mysterio was implicated in the big steroid scandal in 2005, it wasn't a shocker. And neither is it now when Sin Cara is linked to anabolic steroids.

In Shawn Michaels' case, I'd be more skeptical of heavy steroid use b/c he's an average looking guy. Being 5'10" and 185 lbs is closer to normal than other, more obvious steroid users. Not saying he wasn't using, but he was a guy that didn't look out of proportion for his size. Sin Cara sticks out more since he looks out of proportion for a smaller guy...

#1-norm-fan
07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
FUCK YEAH!! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

DEY TOOK OUR JOBS!

parkmania
07-19-2011, 09:55 PM
DEY TOOK OUR JOBS!

http://youtu.be/tQlzaujE5Ys

Tom Guycott
07-20-2011, 02:11 AM
And let's not forget about Chris Masters, here...

I intentially forgot Chris Masters. The only reason he got his foot in the door and that damned 8 minute long "Masterpiece" entrance was because of his blantantly 'roided physique. His ring work was the screaming shits, and it was still more exciting than his super charismatic gimmick. It was even worse with that whole "LEANER/MEANER" crap they tried to pass off when he was obviously off of the juice in the wake of scandal. His gimmick was his body, and then without that, he was just a terrible CAW with a barebones default moveset.

I begrudgingly admit he's gone from fucking terrible to mildly passable in the ring... but better people have been hired and future endeavored in that time. Hell, in my opinion, Kelly Kelly has gotten better than this clown in the ring. He should be the poster child of why they even deal with FCW.

Shadrick
07-20-2011, 04:27 AM
DEY TOOK OUR JOBS!

I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA. ISN'T THIS AMERICA? IM SORRY I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA.

Malfeitor
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
From the front page:

"Sin Cara, who was suspended Monday by WWE for violating their Talent Wellness Program, spoke to Mexican newspaper The Record to claim his innocence.

The masked grappler says he was informed by WWE officials that he tested positive for steroids. He requested clarification on the matter and noted that he would be meeting with company officials this week.

Cara said many medications contain steroids and he believes a routine injection to his knee to alleviate persistent pain triggered a false positive. He denied taking steroids, noting that he wasn’t built like a person who used them.

Regarding his real name being made public, which is considered taboo in lucha libre, the SmackDown! Superstar said it was wrong but fans are more interested in seeing his face.

The full article, which contains audio, is available at http://www.record.com.mx/"

Razzamajazz
07-20-2011, 09:39 PM
kind of odd they suspend someone right away without getting a second test done to confirm the first. but then i guess that costs even more money, or they don't trust their employees

Theo Dious
07-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Regarding his real name being made public, which is considered taboo in lucha libre, the SmackDown! Superstar said it was wrong but fans are more interested in seeing his face.

Yeah well this ain't lucha libre anymore. Just ask Oscar Gutierrez.

Rock Bottom
07-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Wonder if this had anything to do with the decision to give Daniel Bryan MITB.

Vastardikai
07-21-2011, 05:16 AM
I intentially forgot Chris Masters. The only reason he got his foot in the door and that damned 8 minute long "Masterpiece" entrance was because of his blantantly 'roided physique. His ring work was the screaming shits, and it was still more exciting than his super charismatic gimmick. It was even worse with that whole "LEANER/MEANER" crap they tried to pass off when he was obviously off of the juice in the wake of scandal. His gimmick was his body, and then without that, he was just a terrible CAW with a barebones default moveset.

I begrudgingly admit he's gone from fucking terrible to mildly passable in the ring... but better people have been hired and future endeavored in that time. Hell, in my opinion, Kelly Kelly has gotten better than this clown in the ring. He should be the poster child of why they even deal with FCW.

I mention Chris Masters because he is PROOF that WWE Wellness is a Crock of Shit. He followed their provisions and was jobbed and openly ridiculed for doing so.

Rock Bottom
07-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Double-sided bull shit from the WWE.

– The Record in Mexico has pulled their interview with Sin Cara discussing his WWE Wellness Policy suspension. Word is that WWE was not happy at all that he was discussing the issue publicly, especially the claim that he did not understand why he was suspended. You can click here to view photos of Sin Cara unmasked.

Maybe you shouldn't make it public then, you fucking morons. Don't care how much of a "screw-up" Sin Cara is. If you make it public, and he tries to defend himself, don't cry about it.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 01:10 AM

Maybe you shouldn't make it public then, you fucking morons. Don't care how much of a "screw-up" Sin Cara is. If you make it public, and he tries to defend himself, don't cry about it.

Well, you can't expect a guy who potentially could lose his job to keep quiet about why it happened. WWE pretty much wants all media about them to be one sided, when it's their fault as much as Sin Cara's. You can't blame a guy for being a steroid abuser and not get his side of the story.

As far as the Wellness Policy being discussed publicly, isn't that the point of instituting it??? To be honest with the media about their wrestlers being clean and healthy? Of course, like all things WWE, it's used politically. Guys are made examples of that don't hurt WWE's bottom line. You'll never see guys like Cena or Orton be busted for steroid use b/c they are too valuable to lose. I suppose it's a coincidence that Sin Cara happened to be caught when he was in the doghouse with WWE:n:

Volare
07-22-2011, 01:18 AM
The only Mexicans I want on my TV are Alberto and Ricardo.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 01:20 AM
The only Mexicans I want on my TV are Alberto and Ricardo.

Oh, you mean the boring Mexicans:rofl:

Volare
07-22-2011, 01:23 AM
How is Del Rio boring?

Aguakate
07-22-2011, 01:28 AM
The problem with Sin Cara is that WWE created such high expectations from the first day he was on tv, that fans were expecting him to blow their minds off everytime he wrestled. They didn't give him an opportunity to wrestle some matches, get comfortable with the WWE style of wrestling, with being on tv, etc. And being a luchador whose character doesn't speak, he doesn't have the luxury of getting on the mic, either, so only his wrestling does the talking. So if he messes up or has "so-so" matches while he gets comfortable, he doesn't have luxury of getting on the mic and kinda "hide" behind his talking.

All cruiserweights who "made it big", like Rey Mysterio Jr, Eddie Guerrero and Y2J, were given an opportunity to kind of "fly under the radar" as they established themselves, and only after some time was the spotlight put on them. Sin Cara didn't have that opportunity.

Innovator
07-22-2011, 09:28 AM
How is Del Rio boring?

DESTINY. WINK. SMILE. WINK.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 03:26 PM
How is Del Rio boring?

Gee, let me think, his whole freaking gimmick. He has the right look for WWE, but personality wise the guy's a snorefest. JBL did the gimmick much better and was way more entertaining. Seeing Juan Bradshaw Layfield isn't my idea of quality entertainment:nono:

Testicle
07-22-2011, 03:39 PM
How is Del Rio boring?

He gives the same 18 minute promo every single show, every single week for the last year. If you don't think thats boring there is something wrong with you.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 04:04 PM
He gives the same 18 minute promo every single show, every single week for the last year. If you don't think thats boring there is something wrong with you.

I believe that description would be the very definition of boring.

loopydate
07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
And inaccurate.

loopydate
07-22-2011, 05:10 PM

They have to. Unless they want more Congressional investigations, they have to keep their policy completely transparent. If they call out their guys for violating the policy, it accomplishes two things:

1) They can stay ahead of the story, instead of having to react.
2) Hopefully it gives the violator a shot in the ass (pun only slightly intended) to stop using.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
And inaccurate.

WTF? How is that inaccurate when it sums up Del Rio perfectly...

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-22-2011, 05:17 PM
How is Del Rio boring?
Wow.

loopydate
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
WTF? How is that inaccurate when it sums up Del Rio perfectly...

When has Del Rio ever had an 18-minute segment? In fact, I honestly don't remember him cutting more than three or four promos period since being drafted to Raw.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 08:27 PM
When has Del Rio ever had an 18-minute segment? In fact, I honestly don't remember him cutting more than three or four promos period since being drafted to Raw.

Maybe he doesn't get 18 minutes, that is an exaggeration. He's been saying that same predictable stuff and isn't very original. That's the reason he's boring...

Ruien
07-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Well he is not really giving much of a character to go off of since moving to Raw. Once creative writes something new for him he will take off with it. Only problem is R-Truth happened.

captaincharismark
07-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Well he is not really giving much of a character to go off of since moving to Raw. Once creative writes something new for him he will take off with it. Only problem is R-Truth happened.

Del Rio never had much of a character to begin with. Not once has the guy impressed me thus far. His brother ring announcer, Ricardo has more personality than Del Rio. Seriously, what do ppl see in Del Rio other than a waste of time and energy?

Vastardikai
07-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I respect Del Rio for one reason:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Biz3sfhqWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He got in a ring with Cro Cop in his prime.

captaincharismark
07-23-2011, 07:23 PM
But being successful in MMA and WWE are two complete opposites. In MMA, personality isn't an issue if you can fight. In WWE, if you have the same boring character, fans hate you. Which is fine as long as Del Rio is heel, but not so great when he attempts to turn face...

Vastardikai
07-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm saying nothing about his character, dude.

I'm saying that I respect him because he got in the ring with Mirko FUCKING Cro Cop and took a fucking kick to the head.

captaincharismark
07-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm saying nothing about his character, dude.

I'm saying that I respect him because he got in the ring with Mirko FUCKING Cro Cop and took a fucking kick to the head.

To each his own, but it'll take more than a kick to the head for him to impress me. Of course, I suppose it would help if I were more of a MMA fan...

Ruien
07-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Del Rio never had much of a character to begin with. Not once has the guy impressed me thus far. His brother ring announcer, Ricardo has more personality than Del Rio. Seriously, what do ppl see in Del Rio other than a waste of time and energy?

But his character has nothing to do with him as a wrestler really. He delivers on the microphone in his 3 to 4 minute segments and has the ability to generate main event heat in such a short time period. Maybe his character is lame, but that is the same thing as saying John Cena sucks because he has had the same character for 30 years.

Xero
07-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Well, his character certainly dresses as if he were 30 years younger.

captaincharismark
07-24-2011, 06:09 PM
But his character has nothing to do with him as a wrestler really. He delivers on the microphone in his 3 to 4 minute segments and has the ability to generate main event heat in such a short time period. Maybe his character is lame, but that is the same thing as saying John Cena sucks because he has had the same character for 30 years.

For me, he sucks as a wrestler and a character. As a wrestler, he hasn't shown any improvement in his in ring work. On the mic, he does the same tired speech every week, and it's a borefest. Certainly he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's worthy of a major title push. It's arguable too that the reason he generates so much heat is b/c he's being shoved down the fans throat. Which is fine, until he's turned face, and no one cares about him...

Jordan
07-24-2011, 10:39 PM
If you don't like Alberto Del Rio then you don't know shit about wrestling. He's classic. He's one of a fucking kind, and I'll tell you why. He is RAW he is viscous and knows how to fight and it seems like he is out to rip your fucking arm off when your in the ring with him. I guarantee you he's one of the stiffest guys in WWE right now, he is the definition of a professional wrestler. Fuck you if you think otherwise.

By the way, dream match, Bret Hart (circa mid 90's) vs Alberto Del Rio, damn that would have been fucking amazing.

Oh wait, what the fuck? Dream Match, Austin (90's) vs Del Rio, suck it, it rocks.

Shisen Kopf
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Of the river is great. And I have to 100% agree with fragile x

captaincharismark
07-24-2011, 11:05 PM
If you don't like Alberto Del Rio then you don't know shit about wrestling. He's classic. He's one of a fucking kind, and I'll tell you why. He is RAW he is viscous and knows how to fight and it seems like he is out to rip your fucking arm off when your in the ring with him. I guarantee you he's one of the stiffest guys in WWE right now, he is the definition of a professional wrestler. Fuck you if you think otherwise.

By the way, dream match, Bret Hart (circa mid 90's) vs Alberto Del Rio, damn that would have been fucking amazing.

Oh wait, what the fuck? Dream Match, Austin (90's) vs Del Rio, suck it, it rocks.

Yet another stupid mark who tries to force his views on others. Just b/c I point out Del Rio's flaws, I don't know wrestling? Fuck you pal, I've watched almost 20 years and don't need a lecture about talent. Del Rio has no talent that I've seen. His character and in ring work are about as stale as you can get. Nothing original from him, only the same redundant routine. If it wasn't for his MMA background and his family having ties to the WWE, he never would've been signed. Without those, he's a run of the mill wrestler with no obvious talent to speak of. You wanna blindly mark out for him, more power to you. But don't tell me you know the definition of pro wrestler and I don't. Cause Del Rio sure as hell isn't the embodiment of that. Guys like Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Steve Austin, The Rock and The Undertaker are guys that embody talent. To suggest Del Rio is carrying on wrestling tradition is laughable. I bet in another few years, he'll be gone from wrestling and yet another talentless guy who couldn't cut it in pro wrestling.

Del Rio and dream match are two words that don't go together. Especially since he's a MMA guy who hasn't been able to adapt successfully to wrestling. Maybe he was a big deal in MMA, but in wrestling, he's a guy that hasn't show any potential thus far...

Rock Bottom
07-24-2011, 11:42 PM
They have to. Unless they want more Congressional investigations, they have to keep their policy completely transparent. If they call out their guys for violating the policy, it accomplishes two things:

1) They can stay ahead of the story, instead of having to react.
2) Hopefully it gives the violator a shot in the ass (pun only slightly intended) to stop using.

My only bone to pick with that logic is that they are firing him for trying to defend himself about the issue. This is really fucked up, they are shitting all over this guy.

Rock Bottom
07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Eh, ADR was one of the most famous wrestlers in Mexico supposedly, I doubt he'd end up at a McDonald's. This guy isn't an American wrestler either, he's handling the adjustment well and he's even stated that he loves the WWE because he feels like he's learning to become a "real wrestler."

As far as the rest, ADR is one of the things that keeps me watching, but I'm not gonna jump into an argument about it at this point.

St. Jimmy
07-25-2011, 12:10 AM
I just wanted to say that MMA is for Men who enjoy the taste of another Man's Penis. Men would describe the taste similar to that of a wine or a fine cheese like:

And interesting it was. A bit less hard, more moist, richer flavor, slightly different tang, less rind, not quite as salty. But still darn good <strike>Parmesan</strike>Penis. In fact I'd say I might like this <strike>parm</strike>penis better for nibbling than the Italian stuff. It seems to be more about the flavor and less about the texture.

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Eh, ADR was one of the most famous wrestlers in Mexico supposedly, I doubt he'd end up at a McDonald's. This guy isn't an American wrestler either, he's handling the adjustment well and he's even stated that he loves the WWE because he feels like he's learning to become a "real wrestler."

As far as the rest, ADR is one of the things that keeps me watching, but I'm not gonna jump into an argument about it at this point.

I keep hearing how famous he was in Mexico. I get the style is different in WWE, but thus far he hasn't been impressive at all. While I think saying he'll end up at McDonald's is exaggerating, I don't think he'll last in WWE if he can't make the transition easily. Look at Sin Cara, he was adjusting too, and now he may not be coming back after one violation of the Wellness Policy.

Bottom line, there's a reason WWE has decided NOT to make him champion on three different occasions. As far as I can see, that is the right call. Until he can start making improvements in his character and in ring work, I doubt WWE would use him. Maybe if he adjusts more to the WWE style, he'll improve. For now though, I can't see why there is so much hype for the guy...

XL
07-25-2011, 02:00 AM
I know you repeat yourself a lot on here, but that's just silly.

XL
07-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Also, whilst I'm not hight on ADR personally, I can see why others are and I can see why WWE are.

Your claims that he is ill-adjusted to the WWE style are kinda outlandish.

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 02:04 AM
I know you repeat yourself a lot on here, but that's just silly.

Yeah, like you've never accidentally double posted. Yet another convient way to avoid talking about the topic and not me. What's the obsession with my posts anyway??? Got nothing better to do than be a whiny nerd bitching all the time...

XL
07-25-2011, 02:08 AM
You know you can delete the 2nd post, right?

Also, I did comment on the subject at hand. Obviously you're too obsessed with replying to my posts to notice :rolls:.

And, I've been awake since 2.40am and can't sleep, so, no I don't have anything better to do.

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 02:29 AM
You know you can delete the 2nd post, right?

Also, I did comment on the subject at hand. Obviously you're too obsessed with replying to my posts to notice :rolls:.

And, I've been awake since 2.40am and can't sleep, so, no I don't have anything better to do.

Actually, I did see your replies both times above. This thread is the one exception to you responding to the topic and not me specifically. But, I'm obsessed:wtf:

As far as your insomnia, it's clear you have nothing better to do, or else you wouldn't be purposely trying to bait me into arguing...

Mr. Nerfect
07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Alberto Del Rio is amazing. This is indisputable fact. Your subjective opinion might be that you do not enjoy him, but when you look at the success he has had in such a short time, and how he manages to keep hovering around the upper-crust despite all these flaws you apparently see -- you have to admit that someone that has a lot more wrestling knowledge than you has a boner for the guy.

As for Sin Cara -- I read an interesting report that he is out of SummerSlam promotional material, and that apparently the writers have been told to "not plan" anything for him. That could just be stupid dirt sheet speculation. But it's got me thinking:

The WWE has Hunico down in FCW. From what I've seen, the guy is really good. Plus, he's actually been in WWE developmental, so he probably gets the style. And he hasn't been suspended after a cup of coffee with the company. Why not have him join the next season of NXT, or something, as the first masked rookie in NXT history. Even give him Rey Mysterio as a Pro, connecting the two so that down the track there is history to play off.

Build up Hunico, and perhaps even let him win NXT if there is no one standing out more than him. Come WrestleMania time? Rey Mysterio vs. Hunico -- Mask vs. Mask. It'd be like what has been talked about in regards to Mysterio and Sin Cara, but with less liability. Especially if Hunico manages to get over while fitting the WWE's style and policies.

Rollermacka
07-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I know I've said it before, maybe it was his botchy start, maybe it's because I watch CMLL and AAA on a semi regular basis, but I still think there are more impressive luchadores than Sin Cara they could have gotten :-\

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Alberto Del Rio is amazing. This is indisputable fact. Your subjective opinion might be that you do not enjoy him, but when you look at the success he has had in such a short time, and how he manages to keep hovering around the upper-crust despite all these flaws you apparently see -- you have to admit that someone that has a lot more wrestling knowledge than you has a boner for the guy.

I like how ppl keep saying he's great is an "indisputable fact". As if subjective opinion only works one way. I'd say listing all his flaws and short cummings make a good arguement against that statement. While I do agree someone inside sees more in him than I do, fan perception of a character means as much as a wrestling veteran. Maybe more, considering fans decide whether you are a success or not.

As for Sin Cara -- I read an interesting report that he is out of SummerSlam promotional material, and that apparently the writers have been told to "not plan" anything for him. That could just be stupid dirt sheet speculation. But it's got me thinking:

The WWE has Hunico down in FCW. From what I've seen, the guy is really good. Plus, he's actually been in WWE developmental, so he probably gets the style. And he hasn't been suspended after a cup of coffee with the company. Why not have him join the next season of NXT, or something, as the first masked rookie in NXT history. Even give him Rey Mysterio as a Pro, connecting the two so that down the track there is history to play off.

Build up Hunico, and perhaps even let him win NXT if there is no one standing out more than him. Come WrestleMania time? Rey Mysterio vs. Hunico -- Mask vs. Mask. It'd be like what has been talked about in regards to Mysterio and Sin Cara, but with less liability. Especially if Hunico manages to get over while fitting the WWE's style and policies.

As far as Sin Cara, it's clear WWE almost expected him to fail. So it's not a shocker that WWE planned around him being availble to work. Using the Wellness Policy in this instance seems like a political way to punish him. I don't recall any other first offences of it being treated that severely...

Chavo Classic
07-25-2011, 05:38 PM
As far as Sin Cara, it's clear WWE almost expected him to fail.

When you're going to start your arguments with this, there's almost no point of reading any further. The video promos, undefeated streak and special entrance are clear evidence that they were hoping he was going to get over. The WWE aren't sadists - they don't hype someone up hoping he's going to fail and make them look stupid.

Rammsteinmad
07-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Sean O'Haire disagrees.

Chavo Classic
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Sean O'Haire disagrees.

You can't use the Sean O'Haire argument every time. It's like the Chewbacca defense...

Rammsteinmad
07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Chewbacca has yet to tell me something I don't already know.

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
When you're going to start your arguments with this, there's almost no point of reading any further. The video promos, undefeated streak and special entrance are clear evidence that they were hoping he was going to get over. The WWE aren't sadists - they don't hype someone up hoping he's going to fail and make them look stupid.

No, it's actually called being a realist. WWE has always had the mentality that you haven't made it until you succeed in WWE. So, to a certain extent, Sin Cara was a victim of not adapting as fast as WWE wanted him to. They clearly hoped he would be as big in WWE as he was in Mexico, that's evident b/c they signed him. Otherwise, why sign the guy??? Knowing how WWE runs things and being biased toward something are two seperate points.

Chavo Classic
07-25-2011, 06:02 PM
No, it's actually called being a realist. WWE has always had the mentality that you haven't made it until you succeed in WWE. So, to a certain extent, Sin Cara was a victim of not adapting as fast as WWE wanted him to. They clearly hoped he would be as big in WWE as he was in Mexico, that's evident b/c they signed him. Otherwise, why sign the guy??? Knowing how WWE runs things and being biased toward something are two seperate points.

I don't get your point here.

Why bother promoting him as heavily as they did if they, in your words, knew he was going to fail?

If they weren't sure that he was going to be a break-out success, they would have dumped him in FCW for a while or have him compete in NXT. I can't remember the last time they went through the trouble of promoting a new Superstar before he even debuted in the way they did with Sin Cara. They even had footage of him signing his contract with JR (linked: http://vids.wwe.com/11288/raw-wwe-welcomes-mexican-competi)

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't get your point here.

Why bother promoting him as heavily as they did if they, in your words, knew he was going to fail?

If they weren't sure if he was going to be a break-out success, they would have dumped him in FCW for a while or have him compete in NXT. I can't remember the last time they went through the trouble of promoting a new Superstar before he even debuted in the way they did with Sin Cara. They even had footage of him signing his contract with JR (linked: http://vids.wwe.com/11288/raw-wwe-welcomes-mexican-competi)

I said WWE was expecting him to fail. I never said they could see the future and KNEW he was gonna fail. Having high expectations for a guy and not believing in him aren't the same thing.

XL
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM
This is getting silly now.

Chavo Classic
07-25-2011, 06:20 PM
This is getting silly now.

Agreed. This guy puts the moron in oxymoron...

Having high expectations for a guy and not believing in him aren't the same thing.

loopydate
07-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I put him on Ignore. My world's a happier place because of it.

XL
07-25-2011, 06:51 PM
If I can't see him, I can't neg rep him :-\

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Agreed. This guy puts the moron in oxymoron...

Wow, what a shocker. B/c you don't agree with my views you call me a moron. Grow up you fucking baby, ppl don't always see eye to eye. I couldn't really give a shit what you or anyone else thinks of me personally. It's just a wrestling forum, but some here act like it's the be all and end all of their life. I feel sorry for you and others who take this shit so seriously:foc:

XL
07-26-2011, 03:31 AM
:roll:

whiteyford
07-26-2011, 06:37 AM
So they hyped him up for weeks, undefeated streak, paired him with main eventers for tag matches etc all because Triple H expected his first hiring would be a failure?

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Wow, what a shocker. B/c you don't agree with my views you call me a moron. Grow up you fucking baby, ppl don't always see eye to eye. I couldn't really give a shit what you or anyone else thinks of me personally. It's just a wrestling forum, but some here act like it's the be all and end all of their life. I feel sorry for you and others who take this shit so seriously:foc:

This post is, in itself, ironic.

I almost get what you are saying about Sin Cara -- they were testing certain waters hoping to strike gold and don't feel like they have found it? You word shit terribly, though. There is no way the WWE would bring in and promote someone if they didn't have faith that the idea could work.

Also, Del Rio being amazing is pretty much indisputable fact. As I said, your subjective opinion may be that he is bland or whatever, as could be mine; but you have to realise that the WWE pushed the guy so fucking fast for a reason. They know they have something in the guy. And most fans, who you say are important, agree (either in a smarky adoring the guy way, or a marky booing the guy like crazy way).

captaincharismark
07-27-2011, 06:38 PM
This post is, in itself, ironic.

I almost get what you are saying about Sin Cara -- they were testing certain waters hoping to strike gold and don't feel like they have found it? You word shit terribly, though. There is no way the WWE would bring in and promote someone if they didn't have faith that the idea could work.

Also, Del Rio being amazing is pretty much indisputable fact. As I said, your subjective opinion may be that he is bland or whatever, as could be mine; but you have to realise that the WWE pushed the guy so fucking fast for a reason. They know they have something in the guy. And most fans, who you say are important, agree (either in a smarky adoring the guy way, or a marky booing the guy like crazy way).

Again, I have to ask what you consider ironic. You say it's bad and terribly worded, but you get what I'm saying. If that isn't a contradiction, I don't know what is...

I get WWE woudn't bring in someone without having faith in them. I never claimed they didn't believe in him. My perspective on that is WWE's expectations for Sin Cara were so high, him not measuring up to their standards isn't a surprize. Especially as it relates to guys with different styles. WWE tends to think guys who have to adapt to their style of wrestling can't work properly. Almost like them even punishing the guy for using steroids. WWE is notorious for wanting huge guys, so it's idiotic for them to say one offense of the Wellness Policy warrants termination.

As for ADR, I must reiiterate him being great isn't so much a "undisputable fact". Now, I can understand some ppl might like him, but that in no way makes him amazing. It means they are fans of his work, which they are entitled to think. And WWE must see some potential in him I don't, or else they wouldn't let him win the RR and MITB. All I'm saying is so far I haven't been impressed with him and think using the word great isn't adequate. WWE has to be less than impressed so far as well though, cause plans have changed three times for him winning the title. Somehow I don't see that as a coincidence...

Razzamajazz
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
anyone else suspect this charismark guy to be hbpunk?

captaincharismark
07-28-2011, 12:34 AM

That's probably the most ridiculous shit I've seen since posting here:rofl:

Shisen Kopf
07-28-2011, 12:58 AM

Ask him if he thinks rasslin is art

Volare
07-28-2011, 12:08 PM
ARTistic combat.