PDA

View Full Version : Who is in your Fave Five right now?

Anybody Thrilla
07-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Booker T talks about his every week. What is yours looking like right now?

I'm going to try and go in order, excluding CM Punk:

1) The Miz
2) John Cena
3) Sheamus
4) Cody Rhodes
5) Alberto Del Rio

....at least I think that's it right now. How about you?

drmayberry7
07-23-2011, 09:32 PM
In descending order

Christian
Daniel Bryan
John Cena
Randy Orton
The Miz

Juan
07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Randy Orton
The Miz
Alberto Del Rio
Daniel Bryan
Christian

KIRA
07-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton

Wade barrett

Christian

Kofi Kingston
edit

*LOOKS at Juans sig*

GODDAMNIT!

Shisen Kopf
07-23-2011, 09:43 PM
The Miz
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Of the River
R-Truth

blake639raw
07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
CM Punk
R-Truth
Alberto Del Rio
Mark Henry (seriously)
Sheamus

There are a few TNA guys I like alot, like Samoa Joe & The Pope. Since TNA sucks though, I won't count them.

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Daniel Bryan
Christian
Heath Slater
Primo (he's still got a lot way to go, dawg, but he showed me something on Superstars, ya dig?)
Cody Rhodes

Anybody Thrilla
07-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Heath Slater is an interesting pick. He's been a solid hand in the ring as of late, but I'd really like him to start doing more with this rock band gimmick than just say the words.

Lock Jaw
07-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Changes month to month (no Miz for me this month), but right now:

Christian
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
Randy Orton

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Heath Slater is an interesting pick. He's been a solid hand in the ring as of late, but I'd really like him to start doing more with this rock band gimmick than just say the words.

I don't know why, but I really like the guy. As you said, he's solid in the ring, but he's not overly flashy. Slater's capable of running up the corner and powerslamming a Samoan off it, but he doesn't so that every match. I really want the guy to succeed. Personally, I hate the "The One Man Rock Band" stuff. I think it's tacky, and it's really got nowhere to go. Unless they somehow tie musical genius to genius in the ring.

I'd rather him be labelled as "The Savant" or something like that, though, if it were the case. Also, "Ginja Ninja" was a much better tagline to him than being a "rockband without the instruments." He's been stepping up on the mic lately, too. In FCW, he apparently played a manager role for a while. I'm sure the guy's got a lot more to offer than he is, and I hope he gets the chance to show it.

EDIT: Actually, after thinking about it, I wouldn't mind it if Heath Slater addressed Booker T's comments on commentary, and told him to stay out of Slater's way, etc. Maybe not necessarily a feud, although I wouldn't mind a one-off match between the two. But I wouldn't mind it if Slater and Booker had a "thing" where they just didn't like each other -- or even if Slater earned Booker's respect somehow. It could be a nice little way to get Slater more over.

I'm hoping for a Daniel Bryan & Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater & Tyson Kidd tag team match next week. That would be all kinds of awesome.

Skippord
07-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Christian
Rhodes
Sheamus
Riley
Barrett

dhellova guy
07-23-2011, 10:47 PM
R-Truth
Christian
Randy Orton
The Miz
Alberto Del Rio

KIRA
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't know why, but I really like the guy. As you said, he's solid in the ring, but he's not overly flashy. Slater's capable of running up the corner and powerslamming a Samoan off it, but he doesn't so that every match. I really want the guy to succeed. Personally, I hate the "The One Man Rock Band" stuff. I think it's tacky, and it's really got nowhere to go. Unless they somehow tie musical genius to genius in the ring.

I'd rather him be labelled as "The Savant" or something like that, though, if it were the case. Also, "Ginja Ninja" was a much better tagline to him than being a "rockband without the instruments." He's been stepping up on the mic lately, too. In FCW, he apparently played a manager role for a while. I'm sure the guy's got a lot more to offer than he is, and I hope he gets the chance to show it.

Its so weird I used to hate that guy I mean really hate him but his grown on me but youre right about the "one man rock band"thing I think even booker T pointed out the stupidity of the moniker, but yea hes shown himself to be more than capable in-ring and fair to good on the mic.

One of my picks Barrett I just see him floundering and its Jarring to see him go from Nexus mastermind heat machine to SD! afterthought I really hope the have big things in the works for this guy he's to big a prospect to just be in the midcard with the likes of big Zeke

captaincharismark
07-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Sheamus
Christian
Daniel Bryan
The Miz
Randy Orton

Triple Naitch
07-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Alberto Del Rio
Cody Rhodes
Christian
Sheamus
Daniel Bryan

Also unofficially adding Booker T and Randy Orton, because I'm pretty sure Booker has more than 5 in his fave five.

XCaliber
07-23-2011, 11:38 PM
5. Cody Rhodes
4. Kofi Kingston
3. Wade Barrett
2. The Miz
1. Randy Orton

Wishbone
07-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Well since we're excluding Punk and I'm guessing all other inactive talent
1) The Miz

2) Mr. Anderson

3) Daniel Bryan

4) AJ Styles

5) R-Truth

Kal-El
07-24-2011, 01:12 AM
1- R-Truth
2- Albert Del Rio
3- Christian
4- Randy Orton
5- John Cena (Only because he put on one hell of a match at MITB)

Mr. Nerfect
07-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Its so weird I used to hate that guy I mean really hate him but his grown on me but youre right about the "one man rock band"thing I think even booker T pointed out the stupidity of the moniker, but yea hes shown himself to be more than capable in-ring and fair to good on the mic.

One of my picks Barrett I just see him floundering and its Jarring to see him go from Nexus mastermind heat machine to SD! afterthought I really hope the have big things in the works for this guy he's to big a prospect to just be in the midcard with the likes of big Zeke

Here's an idea I have for Heath Slater:

Next week, do Daniel Bryan & Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater & Tyson Kidd (because that match would rock, and it plays off what they did this week). On the way to the ring, as he has been doing, Heath Slater says something like "cut my awesome music," and then directs a promo at Booker T. "Last week you said I have the charisma of a bowl of turnips. At least, I think that's what you said -- I find it hard to understand you on commentary. Book, you don't have to like me, it's okay to be envious of my youth and talent, but you need to show me the unbiased respect an impartial announcer should. Or else."

Booker T is obvious rattled by this, but he confesses on commentary that he likes that Slater had the balls to say that. Daniel Bryan & Justin Gabriel win the match when Bryan gets Kidd in the LeBell Lock, and Gabriel takes out Slater.

The next week, the SmackDown! commentators are just discussing the goings on of the WWE (maybe something from RAW), when a video starts playing on the titantron. It's done on a hand held cam, and it becomes apparent it's Heath Slater. "Hey Booker T, can you guess where I am?" Slater reveals that he's at Booker T's training facility. He goes inside and offers to spar with some of the kids there. Slater beats the living shit out of them, while looking at the camera he's placed with a perfect view of the ring, asking Booker rhetorically things like "Do you teach them how to be charismatic here, Booker?" He then does a Derrick Bateman, and calls out the names of some of the moves he does on them. "This here is called a Michinoku Driver." Splat. That sort of thing.

Booker T is obviously distressed by this, and doesn't say anything, but throws down his headset, as Josh Mathews & Michael Cole discuss in their sombre tone what they have just seen. You could have Matt Striker come out and do commentary with them, replacing Book, but it's not necessary.

The next week, Booker T enters the ring and says that he has a tremendous amount of respect for this show, and his new position as an announcer, which is why he has gotten into the ring to say this. "Heath Slater, dawg, what you did last week proved some things to me. It proved that you have no respect for me, no respect for this business, and that you stooped to a level like that -- it proves to me that you have no respect for yourself. But if there is any ounce of manhood in you, dawg, come to this ring right now and come deal with your issues face-to-face."

Heath Slater does come out, doing his cocky walk thing. Slater gets on the mic and does a promo tearing down Booker similar to his one on Daniel Bryan: "Booker, you constantly remind everyone that you're a six-time World Champion, but four of those runs were in the dying days of WCW. Honestly, I question the legitimacy of them. I mean, what did you do when you showed up in the WWE? You failed at destroying it, got your ass kicked all over a supermarket by Stone Cold Steve Austin, lost to Edge over a shampoo commercial, and then failed to win the World Heavyweight Title from Triple H even after he insulted 'people like you.' Booker, I'm better now than you ever were in your prime. What? You're angry at me, Booker? You want to do something to me, Booker?" Booker gets a cold smirk on his face and says something like "Yeah, sucka. I was kinda feelin' that, dawg." Slater gets on the ring apron and says "It's a shame, because unlike other wannabe Superstars around here, I don't waste my time with announcers."

Slater walks off and Booker is fuming.

Of course, this leads to a match between the two. Possibly even at SummerSlam. It wouldn't be a marquee encounter or anything, but just Booker getting into the ring with a young guy and trying to get people to care about him. Also, since Slater seems to struggle with finding a finishing move (his Sweetness has been about three moves already), you could have Slater finish off Booker T with the Bookend, which can become his new Sweetness.

It'd be an interesting dimension to Heath Slater's character, and would give people more of a reason to hate him other than "he's cocky and he used to be in Nexus." Slater reveals himself as a guy with a massive chip on his shoulder, and talent, but a self-conscious hatred for himself that causes him to act out in cowardly ways, despite putting up a front of confidence and ego. A real jerk.

Mr. Nerfect
07-24-2011, 01:35 AM
I think I have a crush on Heath Slater like Skippord had/has on Michael Tarver. :-\

Kapoutman
07-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Excluding Punk:

1) Sheamus
2) Daniel Bryan
3) Jack Swagger
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Christian

Indifferent Clox
07-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Wwe
cm punk
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
kofi Kingston
Alberto del rio

tna
aj styles
Christopher daniels
Austin Aries
Alex Shelley
Eric young

roh
Richards
hero
castignoli
el generico
Edwards

japan
sawa
KENTA
PAC (he's in japan for now)
Akira tozawa
shingo

Asmo
07-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Excluding Punk? Well, anyways:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Sheamus
3. Zack Ryder
4. R-Truth
5. Alberto Del Rio

Emperor Smeat
07-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Alberto Del Rio
Christian
The Miz
R-Truth
Daniel Bryan

Toss up between Bryan or Kofi Kingston but if the WWE are serious in building up Bryan and not having him as a joke for a first loss then his development is going to get interesting pretty soon. Ryder was also a possible pick mostly due to how hard he's been working to stay popular even though the WWE seems against having him be on tv besides Superstars.

Wade Barrett dropped from my top 5 mainly on how badly he's dropped after the end of his feud with Cena involving the original Nexus.

Beth Phoenix Fan
07-24-2011, 09:02 AM
my fav five

1. Beth Phoenix
2. Zack Ryder
3. Christian
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Justin Gabriel

Londoner
07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Ok since we can't include punk:

1) Orton
2) Christian
3) Del Rio
4) Ryder
5) Sheamus

Chavo Classic
07-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Ziggler
Bryan
Bourne
Ryder
R-Truth

St. Jimmy
07-24-2011, 11:48 AM
CM Punk
Colt Cabana
Davey Richards
Alex Riley's Theme Music
Chris Hero

Ultra Mantis
07-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Christian
Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Sheamus
Ziggler

Jordan
07-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Punk
Cena
Rey
Truth
Del Rio

JimmyMess
07-24-2011, 12:00 PM
1. CM Punk
2. John Cena
3. Christian
4. Rey Mysterio
5. Big Show

RiX1024
07-24-2011, 02:46 PM
No order....

Christian
Zack Ryder
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Del Rio

CSL
07-24-2011, 02:53 PM
in Dubble Dubble E in no real order, Rey, Orton, Miz, D. BRYAN, Ziggler

BollywoodSingh
07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
CM Punk
John Cena
The Miz
R-Truth
Daniel Bryan

Nicky Fives
07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Cm Punk
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Zack Ryder

GD
07-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Daniel Bryan
Sheamus
Christian
Alberto Del Rio
Dolph Ziggler

Shadrick
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
CM Punk
Kofi Kingston
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Sheamus

tjmidnight420
07-24-2011, 07:06 PM
CM Punk
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Randy Orton
Sheamus

CSL
07-24-2011, 07:08 PM
keep seeing this thread as "Favre Five" every time it gets bumped

Juan
07-24-2011, 07:28 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/04/article-1343907-0CA3BA16000005DC-916_468x274.jpg

The Whole F'n Show
07-24-2011, 07:59 PM
ADR
punk
r truth
bourne
sheamus

Eighty 0ne
07-24-2011, 08:58 PM
1. CM Punk
2. R Truth
3. Del Rio
4. Sheamus
5. Cena (agree with Kal-el MITB was a great match)

ThePhantom
07-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow, seeing this many of you saying John Cena.... I guess the IWC changes there opinion more times than a fat chick after running. Seriously, he has really had only two many three good matches, and two of them, MITB and ONS it was more the crowd atmosphere than anything that made the actual matches great. Anyway my five:

1. Miz
2. Bryan
3. Orton
4. Del Rio
5. Christian

CSL
07-24-2011, 10:14 PM
1 star post from ThePhantom

weather vane
07-24-2011, 10:17 PM
cm punk
kenny omega

Jordan
07-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Wow, seeing this many of you saying John Cena.... I guess the IWC changes there opinion more times than a fat chick after running. Seriously, he has really had only two many three good matches, and two of them, MITB and ONS it was more the crowd atmosphere than anything that made the actual matches great. Anyway my five:

1. Miz
2. Bryan
3. Orton
4. Del Rio
5. Christian

And when was the last time The Miz had a match as good as Cena in one of your three picks for his "good matches".

Cena is probably the best all round talent they have ever had in that spot. He's had many great matches, true most of them were with great opponents, but all great matches take two great opponents.

Cena/HHH WM
Cena/Michaels WM & Raw
Cena/Umaga Royal Rumble
Cena/Jericho Summerslam or pick one
Cena/Edge Summerslam or pick one
Cena/Orton Iron Man or pick one
Cena/JBL I Quit
Cena/RVD ONS
Cena/Batista WM

He's pretty fucking good in the ring, his matches are always the hottest on the show, end of story.

Triple Naitch
07-24-2011, 10:23 PM

1. Miz
2. Bryan
3. Orton
4. Del Rio
5. Christian

Hater in the House

Eighty 0ne
07-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Hater in the House

+1

Jordan
07-24-2011, 10:30 PM
IF there was one thing I could implement into John Cena it could be to copy Bruno Sammartino's stiff as punch and kick combo's in the corner....

XL
07-25-2011, 12:23 AM
I guess the IWC changes there opinion more times than a fat chick after running.
Are fat chicks famous for changing their minds a lot after running? :?:

Droford
07-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Wade Barrett
Cody Rhodes
The Miz
Mr Anderson

I cant think of 5..ugh

Mr. Pierre
07-25-2011, 12:39 AM
1. Punk
2. Rhodes
3. Christian
4. Orton
5. Cena

Mister Sinister
07-25-2011, 01:39 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/04/article-1343907-0CA3BA16000005DC-916_468x274.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS BRETT FAVRE DOING HERE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
And when was the last time The Miz had a match as good as Cena in one of your three picks for his "good matches".

Cena is probably the best all round talent they have ever had in that spot. He's had many great matches, true most of them were with great opponents, but all great matches take two great opponents.

Cena/HHH WM
Cena/Michaels WM & Raw
Cena/Umaga Royal Rumble
Cena/Jericho Summerslam or pick one
Cena/Edge Summerslam or pick one
Cena/Orton Iron Man or pick one
Cena/JBL I Quit
Cena/RVD ONS
Cena/Batista WM

He's pretty fucking good in the ring, his matches are always the hottest on the show, end of story.

Good in the ring for the spot he's in. Compared to who, Hulk Hogan? Calling Cena the best all around talent ever in the top spot is laughable. Although he's had good matches from time to time, they were hardly classics by any means. Hottest on the show too is another exaggeration. Several mid card fueds going on during Cena's supposed "great matches" were superior b/c both guys were trying to have a great match.

Comparing Cena and The Miz is an unfair comparison as well. When was the last time The Miz was pushed like Superman? He was always booked as a fluke competitor, lucky to be winning(as champion that is). As far as match quality, all of The Miz's work is more solid than Cena's. Plus, Cena's run on top has been way longer. Maybe when The Miz has had an equal run on top, the comparison would be more accurate.

XL
07-25-2011, 02:31 AM
I don't think he was comparing "Cena in a top spot" to "Miz in a top spot".

Skippord
07-25-2011, 03:16 AM
I think I have a crush on Heath Slater like Skippord had/has on Michael Tarver. :-\
at least yours is still employed :'(

Krimzon7
07-25-2011, 04:56 AM
1 star post from ThePhantom

So much potential, yet the whole post was ruined by fat fingers...HOW IRONIC GIVEN THE CONTENT

Londoner
07-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Ah shit, forgot about Rhodes funnily enough even though he should be in my top 5, i'll put him in to replace Miz.

Krimzon7
07-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Excluding PUNK??? that's why he walked you assholes!#tear...

1. KNUP MC (tribute to how I watched this epic match on YT)
2. ADR (and his awesome announcer)
3. Miz
4. Mark Henry IKNOWRIGHT!!!
5. JoMo - I love this man, oh how I wish he'd turn heel, or at least take some acting lessons! Hes got hbk level workrate and Sid vicious mic skills

Krimzon7
07-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Ah shit, forgot about Rhodes funnily enough even though he should be in my top 5, i'll put him in to replace Miz.

Thought about bumping Henry for Cody...he's great, but we need monsters in WWE

XL
07-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Christian
Rhodes
Sheamus
Barrett
Orton

SmackDown is doing really well on these things.

owenbrown
07-25-2011, 07:15 AM
keep seeing this thread as "Favre Five" every time it gets bumped

I thought we were over talking about Favre's penis you perv

RP
07-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Is this a Brett Favre thread?

edyhdrawde
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
1. Daniel Bryan - Just wish he would get new entrance music and stop sideskipping to the ring.
2. Orton - Loved him losing it at the PPV
3. R-Truth - Never ever thought he would make my top 5, but the Truth will set you free.
4. Alberto Del Rio
5. Miz - he was booked better this past Monday than he has been in a long time.

CSL
07-25-2011, 01:01 PM
So much potential, yet the whole post was ruined by fat fingers...HOW IRONIC GIVEN THE CONTENT

whaaaaaat art thou on about Krim-zon Se-ven?

Gertner
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
1. Sheamus
2. Cody Rhodes
3. Zack Ryder
4. Mark Henry
5. Justin Gabriel

Y2Ant
07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
1. Zack Ryder
2. R-Truth
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Christian

Not including CM Punk. If he were to be included, he would take up 4 of the 5 spots, with the other one going to Zack Ryder.

The Jayman
07-25-2011, 02:41 PM
1) Christian
2) Sheamus
3) Orton
4) Miz
5) Riley

Krimzon7
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
whaaaaaat art thou on about Krim-zon Se-ven?

New guy could've hit a home run, but he fucked it up...essentially I was adding depth while agreeing with you.

Innovator
07-25-2011, 05:56 PM
C
M
P
U
NK

XL
07-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I forgot Ryder. Damn.

Nark Order
07-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Punk
Sheamus
Christian
Cena
Mark Henry

The Miz is honorable mention. :(

CSL
07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
New guy could've hit a home run, but he fucked it up...essentially I was adding depth while agreeing with you.

may have to change my stance on the whole thing so we can continue to disagree #decisionsdecisions

Krimzon7
07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
may have to change my stance on the whole thing so we can continue to disagree #decisionsdecisions

Hmm...this is the SUPERSTARS to our feud on MMA forum/Raw...we can agree here

captaincharismark
07-25-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't think he was comparing "Cena in a top spot" to "Miz in a top spot".

Maybe not, but it's an unfair comparison to say Miz's matches aren't as good as Cena's. WWE hasn't put nearly the time and effort into Miz that Cena has been given. When Miz is the face of the WWE for 6-7 years and has all main events at PPV's, then comparing the two would make more sense. Until then, saying the Miz hasn't had the success Cena has isn't a proper comparison...

Y2Ant
07-26-2011, 12:22 AM
I take back my previous list. CM Punk gets all 5 spots.

Lock Jaw
07-26-2011, 01:05 AM
I replace Randy Orton with CM Punk on my list.

Rock Bottom
07-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Punk, Orton, ADR, both Uso's.

Innovator
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
My list still works.

DAMN iNATOR
07-26-2011, 04:00 PM
1) CM Punk
2) Del Rio
3) Christian
4) Sheamus
5) Ezekiel Jackson

Anybody Thrilla
07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
UPDATE:

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
John Cena
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio

I like that I struggle to narrow it to five when not too long ago, five would have been hard.

Haze
07-28-2011, 12:31 PM
CM Punk
The Miz
Wade Barrett
Dolph Ziggler
Daniel Bryan

Gertner
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan