PDA

View Full Version : WHICH BETTA? Cena turning heel on RAW or on a PPV?

The Naitch
08-05-2011, 07:42 PM
If John Cena the LEADER of the CeNATION turned heel, do you think it would be epic like Hogan at BATB 96? Or would it be gradual like The Rock in 2003?

Should it be done on an episode of RAW, or at a PPV?

How would it go down?

FILL ME IN

Emperor Smeat
08-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Has to be done at a ppv so at least the WWE is guaranteed the money from the show regardless of the crowd's reaction. Last time Cena joined a heel group, the majority of the crowd got up and left before the show had its main event. It would make the next RAW a big must-see event for both Cena's fans and regular fans to see why he turned.

If you do it at a RAW show, you get the hype and interest for the next ppv but run the risk of loosing out on a huge percentage of his fans who are kids that beg their parents to order a ppv if he's no longer viewed as a hero or favorite for them.

Christian turned on his Peeps on Smackdown but the Peeps are much smaller than the CeNation and Orton was already built as the new #1 face for the show.

Loose Cannon
08-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I didn't realize half the crowd left at Summerslam (was it Summerslam?) when Cena became a member of Nexus. That's insane and just shows you he's probably got a few more years of being a babyface. He'll probably turn when those kids become teens and start hating him anyway

Skippord
08-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Survivor Series, I think

Emperor Smeat
08-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I didn't realize half the crowd left at Summerslam (was it Summerslam?) when Cena became a member of Nexus. That's insane and just shows you he's probably got a few more years of being a babyface. He'll probably turn when those kids become teens and start hating him anyway

Fans Leave Arena After John Cena Match, What Happen After Hell in a Cell Pay Per View

Posted by Steve Carrier on October 4, 2010 at 12:13 AM

The following are a few live notes from last night’s Hell in a Cell Pay Per View:

The Crowd died off at the Edge/Del Rio/Swagger stuff and didn’t come alive again until Cena/Barrett. The crowd seemed evenly spilt during that match and after. Several kids were in tears that Cena lost and a good chunk of them and their parents left after that and going into Taker/Kane.

The crowd hated the finish of Taker/Kane as not many saw what happened or if they did, get what was happening. After it was over Taker laid there for a few minutes until his music hit. He rolled out of the ring and sat there looking confused and angry then left.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wwe-news/fans-leave-arena-after-john-cena-match-what-happen-after-hell-in-a-cell-pay-per-view/

Lock Jaw
08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Cena can never turn heel. Unless he is exposed to Red Kryptonite.

Shisen Kopf
08-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Cena will turn heel in an artistic rasslin way. Woooo rasslin!

Aguakate
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I miss when heel turns and Championship victories would happen at house shows...stirring everything up...

...he should go heel at a house show (of course, a tv crew should be there to capture it), show it on Smackdown and on the 'net, and have it advertised that on RAW John Cena will face the WWE Universe and explain himself.

...make it happen, WWE.

Lock Jaw
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
No. Making things happen on house shows is stupid.

Aguakate
08-05-2011, 11:36 PM
No. It's not.

screech
08-05-2011, 11:42 PM
The face of the company turning should not happen at a house show.

screech
08-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Imagine Hogan turning at a house show. Would everyone still be talking about it? Or would the conversations be kept between those who were there?

Aguakate
08-05-2011, 11:46 PM
It's the age of the internet, not 1996. Amateur videos would pop up in YouTube, pictures would be posted on TPWW, we would all be analyzing "what this means for the WWE", etc...and the anticipation for the next RAW would be HUGE, bringing in huge ratings.

Think outside of the box, people. We can't keep doing the same things over and over.

screech
08-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Doing it on PPV would also bring a ratings spike to the next RAW. And certainly more than a poorly shot fan video would.

You're saying you'd rather see a shaky video on YouTube, that probably wouldn't even capture the whole event, than see it in HD (whether live or online).

Lock Jaw
08-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah. This is also the age of millions of people being able to watch things happen live on TV or PPV instead of finding out about it online and then seeing shaky low quality video of it.

screech
08-05-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm not saying thinking outside the box is bad, I'm just saying it would be much better if people could actually see what's happening. You run the risk of people missing something from the event if the footage is poor quality.

screech
08-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah. This is also the age of millions of people being able to watch things happen live on TV or PPV instead of finding out about it online and then seeing shaky low quality video of it.

Exactly. People can see high quality PPV streams for free, so they'd be able to see what's happening.

Having a monumental change occur at a house show just to create buzz wouldn't do as well as you hope. You may get some water cooler discussion about it, but more people are likely to have at least read PPV results than watch a video from a house show.

Lock Jaw
08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Not to mention the good percentage of fans who don't keep up with wrestling news and rumors, who will only find out about it on the next episode anyways and be massively confused.

Shadrick
08-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Cena will turn heel in an artistic rasslin way. Woooo rasslin!

Wooo! Rassle Rassle Rassle!

Shadrick
08-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Not to mention the good percentage of fans who don't keep up with wrestling news and rumors, who will only find out about it on the next episode anyways and be massively confused.

Lol imagine a kid turning in to Raw and Cena comes out like "FUCK YALL KIDS. HUSTLE. LOYALTY. RESPECT DEEZ NUTS! THERES NO SANTA CLAUSE, I HATE YOU LITTLE JIMMY'S!" man the tears would fill up an olympic pool.

DLVH84
08-06-2011, 12:24 AM
PPV.

Aguakate
08-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Lol imagine a kid turning in to Raw and Cena comes out like "FUCK YALL KIDS. HUSTLE. LOYALTY. RESPECT DEEZ NUTS! THERES NO SANTA CLAUSE, I HATE YOU LITTLE JIMMY'S!" man the tears would fill up an olympic pool.

...and this would be bad because...?

Wishbone
08-06-2011, 01:52 AM
PPV and it has to be HUGE like shooting a kid's parents then eating his puppy.

Jordan
08-06-2011, 04:32 AM
PPV, WM, not this year, next, vs The Undertaker, Cena cheats win Tell me. how to turn the biggest face and one of the best in the history of the company to turn heel more effectively.

Jordan
08-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Suck it

RiX1024
08-06-2011, 05:08 AM
PPV, you get your money's worth.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Kanyon

screech
08-06-2011, 08:13 AM
There's your answer.

JimmyMess
08-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Hogan BATB

MoFo
08-06-2011, 09:59 AM
PPV, WM, not this year, next, vs The Undertaker, Cena cheats win Tell me. how to turn the biggest face and one of the best in the history of the company to turn heel more effectively.

Been thinking this for ages, would love it.

XL
08-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Think outside of the box, people. We can't keep doing the same things over and over.
Sometimes the ideas that come from outside the box are bad ideas. This is one of those times.

Pretty sure it would have to be on PPV. The desperation of ending The Streak seems a pretty good way to do it.

Wolfpack423
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
It has to be at a PPV. He's the biggest star in the WWE and maybe the wrestling industry currently and it has to be done at a bigger show than just a regular episode of RAW.

Anybody Thrilla
08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Aguakate, I love you, but shut the fuck up right now.