PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Reks Discussion (I assume this will be a quiet one)

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't completely hate Tyler Reks? Personally, I think for the man's size (he's billed as being 6'3, 252lbs), he is very agile and capable in the ring (especially for this day and age). I really enjoy his finishing move (his reverse fireman's carry into a DDT), and his fireman's carry hot shot from the second rope. Apparently the guy can pull off springboard moonsaults and the like, too.

When he returned to the WWE on the SmackDown! brand last year, I honestly thought he was quite interesting. They sold him as being this unknown force that could knock The Big Show down, but they ultimately went nowhere with it. They were also trying to push Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio, Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes as notable heels at the time on the SmackDown! brand. I think it was a case of "too much" that let Reks down there.

As far as his skills go, I feel that the only thing letting Reks down is his promo ability. He's got such a pleasant voice that it just seems to go against his character. It'd be best if they presented him as a silent killer type, or they gave him a manager. Honestly, if they wanted to trial Arn Anderson as a mouthpiece for someone, I think Tyler Reks would certainly fit the bill.

Another option is that they try him as a babyface. With a few heels on RAW's lower-card, they could easily put Reks against guys like JTG and Primo for a few weeks on Superstars. Have the heel cut a promo about how great they are, and how they've been mistreated by the fans, and then have Reks' ominous music cut them off, and have the heel bail on Reks as he enters the ring -- wanting nothing to do with the focused big man. Reks dominates the earlier goings of each match, but the wily heels find a way to ground Reks, who makes a comeback, and then Reks goes for a big move off the top rope out of desperation, which pays off (and hopefully impresses some people). The Reks Effect (I just can't bring myself to call his finisher "The Burning Hammer") puts the heel away for the three, and Reks gets himself a bit of a streak going on RAW.

You could instantly get him some fan respect by having him finally end up as Santino Marella's tag team partner against Michael McGillicutty & David Otunga. I have a feeling it's going to end up being Big Show, but I think that Reks would gain more from it. That also solves the problem of Reks sounding a bit goofy on the mic. Marella could do all the talking for the team, and Reks can kick all the ass.

What, if anything, would you do with Tyler Reks? I know the guy doesn't have too many supporters on here, but was anyone as impressed with his work on Superstars earlier this year and late last year as I was?

Jura
08-13-2011, 12:15 AM
I like that he looks like he would fit in the Spartacus TV show as a gladiator. And solely for that reason I hope he gets pushed to the stars.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-13-2011, 01:01 AM
I'd just start calling him T. Reks and give him a dinosaur gimmick. That will work.

Lock Jaw
08-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Was just about to post that. Give him a gimmick where he believes that he is, in fact, a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

His promos would consist of him screeching/roaring into the microphone, before attempting to eat it.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-13-2011, 01:20 AM
If his opponent stands still, T. Reks won't be able to see him.

Jordan
08-13-2011, 02:29 AM
I think he would make a great T-Rex character. He has the look in his eyes of a reptile, plus I herd that he is very scaly to the touch of the human hand. Also I herd that he only eats raw meat, which makes me think he'd be a good wrestler. He looks like Bruiser Brody and is good in the ring, WWE just needs to find a good fit for him as a dinosaur eating talent alive.

XL
08-13-2011, 02:38 AM
I herd sheep.

Rammsteinmad
08-13-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't really have an opinion of the guy, because I've never really seen him. I felt sorry for him at the Royal Rumble though, running in to fight all of the Nexus. Pfft, as if he'd stand a chance... :(

Volare
08-13-2011, 05:42 AM
I herd prostitutes.

Pimpin Ain't Easy Brotha!!

Shisen Kopf
08-13-2011, 09:22 AM
He's ok. Nothing special but there is alot worse on the roster. Like santino marella, god I hate that moron

Taker it Easy
08-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Tyler who?

Pintint
08-13-2011, 02:18 PM
They should give him a "sexual pro" gimmick and rename him "Tyler Wrecks" and have him come out with a diva and say, "Yo, I wrecked Dat Ass" week after week.

But, its not PG so WWE wont do it, but if they did, that would be awesomewe

Lock Jaw
08-13-2011, 06:04 PM
PG ruining yet another would be great thing. :nono:

XCaliber
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
As a hoss I enjoy him way more than Big Zeke that's for damn sure and his gimmick is fine a huge improvement over the surfer dude one.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I actually agree with you there, XCaliber. I don't feel that Zeke is better at, well, anything than Reks. You could literally have Reks do the same things that Zeke is doing now -- except the matches would be a few notches better.

XCaliber
08-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Would you go as far as agreeing that Reks should have been used in The Corre instead?

Skippord
08-15-2011, 05:19 AM
I would make him T-Wrecks, so he is a wrestler who thinks he is a monster truck that is also a T-Rex

Mr. Nerfect
08-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Would you go as far as agreeing that Reks should have been used in The Corre instead?

Why not? I marked out like a little bitch when Reks hit the ring and really didn't care that the numbers were against him. I wouldn't have minded if they had Wade Barrett impressed with Reks, offer him a spot in The Corre in place of Ezekiel Jackson, and they went from there.

Razzamajazz
08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
anyone else see the 'reks or riot' sign at summerslam?